PDA

View Full Version : Video Games BioShock is amazing. Play BioShock.

Ultra Peanut
08-13-2007, 02:53 AM
Play the BioShock demo. Buy BioShock the moment it is released.

http://i12.tinypic.com/66m3d3l.jpg

Fruit Ninja
08-13-2007, 02:59 AM
haha, I had no idea it was a horror game. It made me jump. I had my surround sound on kinda loud. haha

Its kinda creepy when your playing and you can hear the zombies or whatever the **** they are talking, but you have no idea where they are. lol Just pure awesome.

ChiefFripp
08-13-2007, 03:19 PM
If I can't raise enough money to upgrade my PC , I'll buy a 360 just for this game alone.

KcMizzou
08-13-2007, 04:48 PM
This game is sweet.

ZootedGranny
08-13-2007, 05:35 PM
I ALREADY PREORDERED IT TWO MONTHS AGO I'M 8 STEPS AHEAD OF YOU LOLZ

Fruit Ninja
08-13-2007, 06:18 PM
Damn it. I have a policy only 1 video game per month. After a few plays. I may have to change that for this month. This game is just that good so far.

QuikSsurfer
08-13-2007, 07:21 PM
wow
i am impressed.. the water effects are amazing

Ultra Peanut
08-13-2007, 07:24 PM
I ALREADY PREORDERED IT TWO MONTHS AGO I'M 8 STEPS AHEAD OF YOU LOLZSON OF A BITCH

Fruit Ninja
08-13-2007, 07:46 PM
http://www.2kgames.com/cultofrapture/artbook.html

Bioshock artwork. Some spoilers in there too, so your warned.

Reaper16
08-13-2007, 08:48 PM
This demo is ****ing amazing.

QuikSsurfer
08-13-2007, 09:09 PM
it's pretty creepy. this demo definitely left me wanting more. not your typical fps. love the part where you're crawling over the theater w/the little girl beneath you.. then the music comes in... gonna be a lonng week.
this is a must buy

Fruit Ninja
08-14-2007, 05:26 PM
Seems like some stores are already selling Bioshock.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=7415492#post7415492

Ultra Peanut
08-14-2007, 05:38 PM
Oh goddamnit **** that guy.

Guru
08-14-2007, 05:58 PM
<object width="480" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.gamershell.com/tv/702.swf"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.gamershell.com/tv/702.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="480" height="360"></embed></object>

Bowser
08-14-2007, 06:20 PM
Wow. That looks insane.

the Talking Can
08-14-2007, 06:22 PM
<obj

not a gamer, but that looks pretty sweet..

Fruit Ninja
08-14-2007, 06:27 PM
BioShock is going to be HUGE.

KcMizzou
08-14-2007, 06:27 PM
Wow. That looks insane.You should really DL the demo. I've played though it three times now, and I'll be buying the game as soon as it's released.

I'm usually not much of an FPS guy, but the atmosphere in this game is unbelievable. It just pulls you in.

David.
08-14-2007, 06:34 PM
looks badass

Bowser
08-14-2007, 06:39 PM
You should really DL the demo. I've played though it three times now, and I'll be buying the game as soon as it's released.

I'm usually not much of an FPS guy, but the atmosphere in this game is unbelievable. It just pulls you in.

Yah, FPS is my game of choice. I even took a chance with Earth Defense 2017, for shit's sake (not exactly FPS, but close). Oh, a how are you liking The Darkness so far? I've almost given in and nabbed it - that and that Vampire game that's out (brain farting the name right now).

Damn, my 360 is going to go through hell the next few months, with this, the Half Life's, and Halo coming due.

KcMizzou
08-14-2007, 06:47 PM
Yah, FPS is my game of choice. I even took a chance with Earth Defense 2017, for shit's sake (not exactly FPS, but close). Oh, a how are you liking The Darkness so far? I've almost given in and nabbed it - that and that Vampire game that's out (brain farting the name right now). To be honest, I haven't played the Darkness much. I struggled with it for a bit the day I got it, but it felt.. awkward to me somehow. I put it down try out DiRT, with the intention of going back to it, but I never got around to it. (I still plan to, sometime when I'm bored... but from the looks of things, I'd better do it within the next week.:D)

Ultra Peanut
08-14-2007, 09:24 PM
WHAT DID I JUST SEE

http://i17.tinypic.com/4p02ty0.jpg

Frazod
08-14-2007, 11:44 PM
WOW

That looks awesome.

Fruit Ninja
08-15-2007, 07:08 PM
I am losing the fight to not buy this game. I feel i am going to give in. The demo just amaze's me the more i play it.

Pants
08-15-2007, 09:34 PM
Play System Shock 2 in the meantime. One of the best games ever created, the creepiest one for sure.

Fruit Ninja
08-15-2007, 10:56 PM
http://www.gameinformer.com/Games/Review/200709/R07.0814.1203.13551.htm

Game Informer gave BioShock a perfect score of 10.

Major Gaming Magazines rarely give out 10's. This is a real rare thing.

Ultra Peanut
08-15-2007, 11:15 PM
Game Informer, the fairly harsh Eurogamer, OXM... all 10s.

If it gets anything above an 8 in Famitsu ("baka gaijins don't know how to make games"), this is looking amazing.

KcMizzou
08-16-2007, 12:23 AM
It’s ingenious, enthralling, and a masterpiece of the most epic proportions. So without further delay, would you kindly enter Rapture so that you too can experience the best that video games have to offer?

Wow..lol.

keg in kc
08-16-2007, 12:26 AM
I don't know if I have the willpower to wait until October to buy my 360.

Ultra Peanut
08-16-2007, 08:24 AM
Wow:

US GamesRadar US – 10/10
GameInformer US – 10/10, second opinion 10/10
EGM – 10/10, second opinion 10/10, third opinion 10/10
GamePro – 10/10
1UP – 10/10

UK EuroGamer – 10/10 OXM – 10/10
X360 Gamer – 10/10
X360 – 10/10
PC Zone – 96%
PC Gamer – 95%
Xbox World – 94%

Australia Official Xbox Magazine – 10/10
PC Powerplay – 10/10
Game Arena – 5/5
Hyper – 97%

Alemania 360 Live – 9.8/10

JBucc
08-16-2007, 08:35 AM
OK...I must buy this game now. When does it come out?

Fruit Ninja
08-16-2007, 12:15 PM
OK...I must buy this game now. When does it come out?
Some ToysRus are selling them now, but the 21st is the street date.

Bowser
08-16-2007, 12:23 PM
Some ToysRus are selling them now, but the 21st is the street date.

F*ck it. I'm going to Toys R Us.

the Talking Can
08-16-2007, 12:38 PM
http://www.gameinformer.com/Games/Review/200709/R07.0814.1203.13551.htm

Game Informer gave BioShock a perfect score of 10.

Major Gaming Magazines rarely give out 10's. This is a real rare thing.

"Everything about this game screams perfection, but there’s one element that might not sit well with you. Rather than dying in battle, players simply respawn at a vita-chamber. The damage dealt to an adversary remains even though the player didn’t succeed. You simply have to go back and clean up your mess to continue on. As intense as the gameplay is, knowing you really can’t fail takes some of the bite out of it. Yes, this system will allow gamers of all skill levels to complete the game – which is a developer’s dream – but it may alienate gamers who only turn to games for a challenge."

I'm the person this is made for. I played Halo 2 on "easy." I rarely play games because I have neither the skill nor patience to continually start over; or the games simply become too hard to play.

Fruit Ninja
08-16-2007, 12:45 PM
"Everything about this game screams perfection, but there’s one element that might not sit well with you. Rather than dying in battle, players simply respawn at a vita-chamber. The damage dealt to an adversary remains even though the player didn’t succeed. You simply have to go back and clean up your mess to continue on. As intense as the gameplay is, knowing you really can’t fail takes some of the bite out of it. Yes, this system will allow gamers of all skill levels to complete the game – which is a developer’s dream – but it may alienate gamers who only turn to games for a challenge."

I'm the person this is made for. I played Halo 2 on "easy." I rarely play games because I have neither the skill nor patience to continually start over; or the games simply become too hard to play.
Well FPS's usually have a easy mode. I know Gears of War, even though its not a FPS has one. I still havent passed it on insane. lol

This game is just creepy as ****. Your litterally in the damn dark most of the game. For this game its a good thing, becuase you never know when the baddies are just around the corner. This game has me itching to buy it. This just does not happen to me outside of sports games.

Bowser
08-16-2007, 10:23 PM
Damn. Toys R Us realized the mistake, and stopped selling them.

The REAL titty twister is that they have a promo going on - buy Madden '08 and receive another game at 50% off. People were coming in and buying Madden while getting Bioshock half off.

KevB
08-17-2007, 12:01 AM
Just finished the demo, and well, wow. As others have said, this game just pulls you in. I was holding out for Halo 3, but I don't know if I can pass on this one. The wife won't be too pleased with 2 games in a month, but damn, what's a guy supposed to do? Plus football starting up on the weekends? It's all I'll be able to do to hold my marriage together.

Kraus
08-17-2007, 12:15 AM
IGN gave it a 9.7

Spicy McHaggis
08-17-2007, 12:25 AM
Play System Shock 2 in the meantime. One of the best games ever created, the creepiest one for sure.

I loved SS2. The Thief series was awesome as well. The last part "Thief: Deadly Shadows" is well worth the 10 bucks it probably costs on Xbox now.

Ultra Peanut
08-17-2007, 12:41 AM
Thief: Deadly Shadows is also coming to Gametap on the 30th.

ChiefsLV
08-18-2007, 02:56 AM
Sorry, I just don't get what everyone thinks is so great about this game. Yes it has great graphics and you can electricute enemies in a pool of water, but other than that it's just your typical linear first person shooter with the occasional guy that pops out and makes you jump. I didn't even find it that freaky. Something about the 50's kinda cheapens it for me. I found Doom 3 and even Fear more freakish than this game. I'm looking forward to the next installment of Half-Life 2. It seemed like it had more interactive stuff to play with.

Ultra Peanut
08-18-2007, 03:22 AM
Sorry, I just don't get what everyone thinks is so great about this game. Yes it has great graphics and you can electricute enemies in a pool of water, but other than that it's just your typical linear first person shooter with the occasional guy that pops out and makes you jump. I didn't even find it that freaky. Something about the 50's kinda cheapens it for me. I found Doom 3 and even Fear more freakish than this game. I'm looking forward to the next installment of Half-Life 2. It seemed like it had more interactive stuff to play with.Did you just run through and shoot/zap/incinerate everything? Because that's kinda not the point. At all.

Fruit Ninja
08-18-2007, 03:25 AM
The game is not all that linear. YOu can take different paths. YOu can be the little girls enemy or you can be her friend. There is also 2 endings to the game. Which doesnt happen often in games.

This game has just basically perfected what everyone else has attempted to do. In all honesty, i dont even like FPS's, but something about the game just draws me to it.

Ultra Peanut
08-18-2007, 03:32 AM
Actually, yeah, this is just the intro. It guides you along, and then, as I understand it, things open up considerably.

ChiefsLV
08-18-2007, 10:27 AM
Did you just run through and shoot/zap/incinerate everything? Because that's kinda not the point. At all.

Yes I did. I thought that was the point. Does it have a stealth system or something for avoiding the enemies? I've only played the demo, so maybe the real game is more "open". Also I thought this game would have more RPG aspects for building your character a certain way...

Reaper16
08-18-2007, 10:57 AM
Yes I did. I thought that was the point. Does it have a stealth system or something for avoiding the enemies? I've only played the demo, so maybe the real game is more "open". Also I thought this game would have more RPG aspects for building your character a certain way...
1. It's a demo of the beginning of the game.
2. Read an article or two about the game; that should quell your concerns.

Fruit Ninja
08-18-2007, 12:38 PM
You do build your character and the game is open. I hear the first time you play its about 20 hours of gameplay, you play the first 30 min of it in the demo.

Look at the video someone posted in this thread. They explain it well.

Ultra Peanut
08-18-2007, 01:23 PM
Yes I did. I thought that was the point. Does it have a stealth system or something for avoiding the enemies? I've only played the demo, so maybe the real game is more "open". Also I thought this game would have more RPG aspects for building your character a certain way...Actually, you can stealth your way through a lot of the game, if what I've read is accurate.

Bowser
08-18-2007, 01:26 PM
LEEEROOOY JEEEENKINNNS!!

KcMizzou
08-19-2007, 11:11 AM
Also I thought this game would have more RPG aspects for building your character a certain way...I believe that's where the "passive plasmids" come in. They change certain stats and traits about your character.

For example... One review I read said that they pumped up their mele skill up to the point where they could kill most mobs in one hit with a wrench.

ChiefFripp
08-19-2007, 05:53 PM
http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/931329.asp

This game is getting really good reviews. I've never seen so many notable magazines and websites give a game so many perfect reviews.

Kraus
08-19-2007, 09:00 PM
A heads up to anybody buying the game, it'll be $49.99 at Circuit City according to their weekly ad.

Fruit Ninja
08-20-2007, 01:25 AM
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/BioShock-Xbox-360/sem/rpsm/oid/175294/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

49.99 at circuit city the day of release.

KCChiefsMan
08-20-2007, 01:28 AM
if it gets an 8.9 rating or above on GameSpot.com I'll buy it. I've been buying too many video games lately so I need to be selective. In the past month I've bought Forza/APF/Madden and I don't exactly have the time to play them!

Guru
08-20-2007, 11:23 PM
Is this demo available for Silver membership download?

Fruit Ninja
08-20-2007, 11:24 PM
doubt it, but the game comes out tomorrow. I gotta go get mines in the afternoon.

Guru
08-20-2007, 11:26 PM
doubt it, but the game comes out tomorrow. I gotta go get mines in the afternoon.
That sucks. I finally gave in and bought one. Will be here in 6-9 days. Was hoping to DL it. Oh well.

Fruit Ninja
08-20-2007, 11:32 PM
I think you can get a free month with a new purchase

Guru
08-20-2007, 11:36 PM
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/BioShock-Xbox-360/sem/rpsm/oid/175294/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

49.99 at circuit city the day of release.
Wonder if you can get that deal online?

EDIT _ I have noticed that CC will make you go to the store for deals like that rather than letting you get online.

KcMizzou
08-21-2007, 05:21 AM
Is this demo available for Silver membership download?Yes.

That's how I got it.

icepick64
08-21-2007, 09:21 AM
just got my LE, about to go play it! My figurine is broke, but I guess they are gonna replace it and give you an art book, sweet.

KCChiefsMan
08-21-2007, 10:46 AM
I might go trade in Madden 08 for this. I was dumb enough to go out and buy this crap game even though I knew I would regret it like I have the past few years.

KcMizzou
08-21-2007, 03:41 PM
Just walked in the door with my copy. Game time. PBJ PBJ

Fruit Ninja
08-21-2007, 03:42 PM
Same a few minutes ago though. Time to test it out.

Ultra Peanut
08-21-2007, 04:14 PM
Okay, yeah. Soooooo glad I bought this.

KCChiefsMan
08-21-2007, 04:17 PM
yup, I'm definately trading in Madden for this...Madden blows

Fruit Ninja
08-21-2007, 10:58 PM
From the limited time i played this game is pure awesome. Graphics, lighting and especially the sound are all top notch. Game is kinda freaky.haha

KCChiefsMan
08-22-2007, 02:15 AM
From the limited time i played this game is pure awesome. Graphics, lighting and especially the sound are all top notch. Game is kinda freaky.haha

from what I read, I hear it's a very short game. I think one review said 20 hours. The fact that there is no multiplayer online kind of turns me off since it's a shooter, is there replay value? Is it once your done your done unless you want to replay what you just did? I was going to trade Madden in this immediately until I read that review.

Fruit Ninja
08-22-2007, 02:21 AM
from what I read, I hear it's a very short game. I think one review said 20 hours. The fact that there is no multiplayer online kind of turns me off since it's a shooter, is there replay value? Is it once your done your done unless you want to replay what you just did? I was going to trade Madden in this immediately until I read that review.
Its not that much of a shooter though. I mean you blast away, but ythere is so much other shit. I have played about 2 hours already of gameplay and i am still on the first level. You could rush through it, but if you take your time and get all the shit, and try to find all the secrets its going to take you a long long time. 20 hours for a game now days is actually pretty damn long. I beat Crackdown in about 8 hours and also a few others. GoW, Tomb Raider as well. I am more of a sports guy so i dont really go through alot of action adventure games.

Also, this game is not meant for multiplayer whatsoever. Its so damn dark and its supposed to be just 1 person creeping through the city. I really dont see why they would implement a multi for this game. There is really small rooms with alot of crap inside them.

Ultra Peanut
08-22-2007, 03:46 AM
I love my little buddies! Pepe Tres y Pepe Cuatro (those are their names; RIP Uno y Dos) are ripping shit up while I take photos and laugh.

Easily one of the most amazing games I've ever played.

Bowser
08-22-2007, 11:34 AM
Heh. I'm betting there are a few guys totally sleep deprived right now.

And if you have already bought the game, I hate you. (Until I get my own copy, anyway :) )

theultimatekcchiefsfan
08-22-2007, 04:53 PM
FYI for PC users: :cuss:

http://kotaku.com/gaming/more-bioshock-shock/bioshock-pc-+-you-only-install-twice-292222.php

Here is another story I found AS WELL.

BoingBoing reader David Hayward says,

2K's BioShock is easily the most overhyped game so far this year, though it is quite beautiful.

What they're no doubt underhyping as best they can is the fact that the PC version of the game is packaged with SecuROM copy protection, a piece of third party anti-copying software that phones home and prevents installation on more than 2 PCs.

The PC demo of BioShock causes AVG to go nuts at it for containing trojans. It wouldn't install or load on a winXP partition until AVG antivirus was completely uninstalled. *Presumably* this is due to SecuROM, which also demands that other perfectly legit processes stopped: Link.

The response on the 2K forums has been a pretty uniform "Yarr!": Link.

Anonymous adds,

Worse yet, game maker 2K is telling people to call Securom, and Securom is telling people to call 2K. Steam is affected as well. You can only install the game on 2 PC's, period. (Confirmed by steam employee.) So, if you use your steam account on 3 PC's, you'll only get to play on 2. You're required to right click the game in the steam menu and choose 'delete local content' before you can transfer the game to another PC. If you delete the game without following this procedure, you may end up in the same ordeal as retail buyers. Details for the steam issue can be found here: Link.

RedDread
08-23-2007, 12:00 AM
just went through the demo and I can say that while I would love to have this on PC it is lagging my system too much. Looks like I'll be getting the 360 version instead but you can bet your ass I'll buy it...absolutely amazing

SithCeNtZ
08-23-2007, 09:23 AM
After about 9 hours with the game I'll offer up my mini review

Pros
-Great atmosphere. Perhaps the best ever in a video game. Not quite as scary as the last Doom game, but still pretty good.
-Hacking mini game is genius. You certainly see the difference if you decide to upgrade your hacking skills so it feels satisfying if you decide to upgrade that path.
-Good story.
-Combat works great in certain situations. You definatly feel good when you enter clear a room in a certain way, like lighting the people on fire when they are over an oil spill or shocking them when they are in water. But then that leads to the Cons...

Cons
-The other combat gets kind of tedious. There are only 5 enemies in the game. As you progress, they don't add new weapons or anything like that to make an old enemy seem new. They just get stronger and take more shots to kill.
-There are also usually only 2 guys at most in any given room, which means you get alot of 1 on 1 combat. That really takes away from the creative aspect described in the pros section because there really isn't any reason for you to constantly come up with unique ways to kill a guy. Certain plasmids/weapons just stop being effective for long stretches because of this, while others like the electric plasmid get used over and over.
-*I'm not sure if this is just me, but the ammo system is kind of strange. There is very little ammo to be had in the game, and you can certainly buy it but only at outrageous prices. Honestly, $75 for 6 bullets? Really? Considering you only get about $125 in between purchasing stations, 75 seems like way too much.

Overall: A good game, but I wish they could have added more variety to the enemies and combat situations. 7.5/10

Fruit Ninja
08-23-2007, 11:00 AM
Them Big Daddies are a pain in the butt to kill. They kick my ass. I am running through it being a good guy the first time. I am saving the little sisters. I love this game more and more.

Telekinesis owns. I love flinging shit at the splicers they usualy die in 1 throw.

This is probably the best game i have ever played. 50 bucks well spent.

QuikSsurfer
08-23-2007, 10:41 PM
i'm picking this game up tomorrow. anyone get their copy from circuit city? surely they wouldn't be out of stock

KevB
08-24-2007, 09:17 PM
Wife went out today and bought the game for me...what a good woman. Looking forward to cranking it up this evening.

Mr Luzcious
08-24-2007, 09:43 PM
Wow.. this really is an awesome game.

QuikSsurfer
08-24-2007, 09:53 PM
are you supposed to lose the first battle w/the female splicer w/hooks? she killed me pretty easily. when i spawned, the dude at the door gave me a grenade launcher...
loving the game but agree w/the poster about the lack of ammo.

Reaper16
08-24-2007, 10:04 PM
are you supposed to lose the first battle w/the female splicer w/hooks? she killed me pretty easily. when i spawned, the dude at the door gave me a grenade launcher...
I don't think you're supposed to die necessarily. I didn't, I just held her off until the security drone chased her off.

Reaper16
08-24-2007, 10:12 PM
I don't think you're supposed to die necessarily. I didn't, I just held her off until the security drone chased her off.

QuikSsurfer
08-24-2007, 10:46 PM
does the guy at the door still pass off the grenade launcher to you (through the window to the right of the door) after you take the she-bitch down?

Fruit Ninja
08-24-2007, 11:02 PM
Lack of ammo isn't really a problem. YOu do run out, but you have MANY other ways to kill stuff. Telekinesis, Shotguns. Hand guns, Grenade launcher, Machine guns. Telekinesis really helps. I use it alot, it doesn't cost alot of Eve either.

Mr Luzcious
08-24-2007, 11:04 PM
Lack of ammo isn't really a problem. YOu do run out, but you have MANY other ways to kill stuff. Telekinesis, Shotguns. Hand guns, Grenade launcher, Machine guns. Telekinesis really helps. I use it alot, it doesn't cost alot of Eve either.

Indeed. I also like how the enemies don't respawn when you die.. very nice..

Reaper16
08-24-2007, 11:17 PM
does the guy at the door still pass off the grenade launcher to you (through the window to the right of the door) after you take the she-bitch down?
Yeah. Here's what I did:
I backed up to the dude's door in order to draw the spider splicer to the small pool of water, then I hit her with Electro Bolt. After getting in some wrench shots, she started backflipping away to the ceiling, where she threw sickle attacks at me. I dodged those, hitting her w/ pistol shots. Eventually the dud (Peach) sent in a security bot and chased her away. You don't get to kill this particular splicer just yet.

I don't remember if I got the grenade launcher before or after the attack (after, I think), but I definitely got it w/o dying. Either way, there really isn't a penalty for dying, so you're good to go.

Valiant
08-25-2007, 12:44 AM
FYI for PC users: :cuss:

http://kotaku.com/gaming/more-bioshock-shock/bioshock-pc-+-you-only-install-twice-292222.php

Here is another story I found AS WELL.

BoingBoing reader David Hayward says,

2K's BioShock is easily the most overhyped game so far this year, though it is quite beautiful.

What they're no doubt underhyping as best they can is the fact that the PC version of the game is packaged with SecuROM copy protection, a piece of third party anti-copying software that phones home and prevents installation on more than 2 PCs.

The PC demo of BioShock causes AVG to go nuts at it for containing trojans. It wouldn't install or load on a winXP partition until AVG antivirus was completely uninstalled. *Presumably* this is due to SecuROM, which also demands that other perfectly legit processes stopped: Link.

The response on the 2K forums has been a pretty uniform "Yarr!": Link.

Anonymous adds,

Worse yet, game maker 2K is telling people to call Securom, and Securom is telling people to call 2K. Steam is affected as well. You can only install the game on 2 PC's, period. (Confirmed by steam employee.) So, if you use your steam account on 3 PC's, you'll only get to play on 2. You're required to right click the game in the steam menu and choose 'delete local content' before you can transfer the game to another PC. If you delete the game without following this procedure, you may end up in the same ordeal as retail buyers. Details for the steam issue can be found here: Link.

Just buy the game, return it, keep the serial code and get another copy.. Hypothetically I do this for most games...

Fruit Ninja
08-25-2007, 12:44 AM
Ohyeah, i forgot to tell a little story. Day before yesterday i was playing Bioshock and my neighbors 6 year old daughter comes over and she wants to watch me play games. Well i was playing Bioshock. I told her, this is a scary game. She goes, Its just a game, its not real. haha. So i played it for a while, and he tells me, Ok its scary. i am outta here. haha. Neighbor told me today she couldnt sleep that whole night.

SithCeNtZ
08-25-2007, 10:11 AM
Indeed. I also like how the enemies don't respawn when you die.. very nice..

But they do respawn when you leave the room for a while and then come back. Actually, there is an infinate money glitch in the game where you can theoretically face an infinate loop of guys so if you used the wrench as your primary weapon you would just keep making money until you decided to stop.

Fruit Ninja
08-25-2007, 10:24 AM
YOu can only carry like 500 cash on you anyways.

KcMizzou
08-25-2007, 05:21 PM
Here's a free download of the orchestral score.

http://www.2kgames.com/cultofrapture/home.html

I had to go get "Bobby Darin - Beyond the Sea", as well. :p

RedDread
08-25-2007, 09:56 PM
I'm in the botanical section of the game right now. The one qualm I'm having is the cliche thing the game is doing of never letting you interact with anyone. I know you're supposed to feel alone but I don't like it whenever you get close to anyone they suddenly die or become unreachable.

Reaper16
08-25-2007, 10:00 PM
I'm in the botanical section of the game right now. The one qualm I'm having is the cliche thing the game is doing of never letting you interact with anyone. I know you're supposed to feel alone but I don't like it whenever you get close to anyone they suddenly die or become unreachable.
I'll be vague, but not every NPC story character dies when you get to them. I don't know about much "interaction," but you'll see in the next major section.

Reaper16
08-25-2007, 10:02 PM
I've been busy, so I haven't beaten it yet. (Plus, Hard mode is a bitch when it comes to Big Daddy fights.) Since I'm on hard, I'm choosing to harvest the Little Sisters for all the extra adam I can get. I'm also very plasmid based because of that.

I can't wait to play through this game again, saving all the little sisters next time, and moreover playthrough completely differently than the first. More hacking, and more weapons-based combat, etc.

SithCeNtZ
08-27-2007, 06:32 PM
The good ending is terrible. A poor end to a good game.

Fruit Ninja
08-27-2007, 06:35 PM
I am still early in the game i have to qualify for a football tournament, but my question was how the hell do you kill the big daddies? They kick the living crap out of me. I end up dying over and over before i kill them. I run outta healing and ammo. It gets kind of frustrating.

SithCeNtZ
08-27-2007, 06:47 PM
I am still early in the game i have to qualify for a football tournament, but my question was how the hell do you kill the big daddies? They kick the living crap out of me. I end up dying over and over before i kill them. I run outta healing and ammo. It gets kind of frustrating.

Early in the game it is tough because you have no good ammo or guns and the big daddies take alot of damage. I think the best way to kill them is to lure them into a trap and get spotted by security cameras or turrents. They usually bring them down fairly easily. The second best way is to use explosives, but you might not have much of those yet. The third way is to just use the shock plasmid with armor piercing bullets and just hope for the best. If you can't do any of those things, you are basically screwed.

Frazod
08-27-2007, 07:43 PM
I put an additional gig of RAM in last weekend, so I should be good to go on this. I think I'll pick it up Friday or Saturday.

Mr Luzcious
08-27-2007, 10:41 PM

I know the feeling. And every time I respawn there is yet another one! They never stop coming! Or so it seems. And by that I mean, when I respawn, there are two, or more. Not that the same one keeps coming back.

Fruit Ninja
08-28-2007, 12:53 AM
ON a gaming forum, they told me to freeze, then electric buck their ass, and repeat it. It pretty much stun locks them until they are dead.

Guru
08-28-2007, 09:51 PM
Haven't had time to get really INTO this game yet but I can see it making you jump a lot. The imagery, environment and sound are outstanding.

Frazod
08-29-2007, 10:15 PM
Picked it up earlier tonight.

WOW :eek:

Almost sensory overload. Amazing graphics, sound, everything. Deeply twisted. Very cool.

I LIKE IT :thumb:

KcMizzou
08-29-2007, 10:21 PM
Picked it up earlier tonight.

WOW :eek:

Almost sensory overload. Amazing graphics, sound, everything. Deeply twisted. Very cool.

I LIKE IT :thumb:It's not so much scary as it's surreal and creepy.

The ambiance (sp?) is amazing.

Frazod
08-29-2007, 10:31 PM
It's not so much scary as it's surreal and creepy.

The ambiance (sp?) is amazing.

Agreed.

I'm not a big fan of all the backtracking, but I'll learn to live with it. Still getting used to switching between weapon types, too. Wish it was just left mouse button/primary and right mouse button/secondary. Instead, the right mouse button is like a clutch. Still messing with me when I get dogpiled, but I'll get the hang of it.

Frazod
09-03-2007, 03:13 PM
Finished it last night (I had plenty of time since my internet was out of friggin weekend). Great game. Lots of twists and turns in the story. I'm playing through again, since I know there are areas/items I missed the first time around. Will develop my skills a bit differently as well.

Awesome, wonderful game. :thumb:

Guru
09-03-2007, 04:29 PM
Finished it last night (I had plenty of time since my internet was out of friggin weekend). Great game. Lots of twists and turns in the story. I'm playing through again, since I know there are areas/items I missed the first time around. Will develop my skills a bit differently as well.

Awesome, wonderful game. :thumb:
Can I borrow it when you are done? :)

Frazod
09-03-2007, 04:55 PM
Can I borrow it when you are done? :)

Sure. Just stop by and pick it up. :D

Might be a few weeks, though.

Guru
09-03-2007, 09:54 PM
Sure. Just stop by and pick it up. :D

Might be a few weeks, though.

Is there room on your street to land my Cessna?

Frazod
09-03-2007, 09:59 PM
Is there room on your street to land my Cessna?

Sure. That gentle curve about three buildings up might ruin your shit, though. :D

Bowser
09-22-2007, 05:39 PM
Damn, this game is addictive. I have a feeling I'm missing a ton of shit, plus I'm not quite understanding the whole change your powers thing, but this is fun as hell. A good primer for Halo.

Frazod
09-25-2007, 09:23 PM
Damn, this game is addictive. I have a feeling I'm missing a ton of shit, plus I'm not quite understanding the whole change your powers thing, but this is fun as hell. A good primer for Halo.

Pick up the strategy guide. Worth the expense, IMO.

Reaper16
09-25-2007, 11:02 PM
I played Bioshock today, just to let it know that it isn't forgotten now that Halo 3 is available at retail.

Guru
09-25-2007, 11:06 PM
Hoping I can get this on the cheap from half.com in a couple months.

Count Zarth
09-25-2007, 11:10 PM
I read the review in the latest PC Gamer. Sounds fantastic.

Count Zarth
09-25-2007, 11:18 PM
Damn. I'm gonna have to dual boot into Vista so I can play this with DX10.

Reaper16
09-25-2007, 11:33 PM
I read the review in the latest PC Gamer. Sounds fantastic.
Oh, it is. This is a true must-play title.

KCChiefsMan
10-10-2007, 02:57 AM
I just got this through gamefly today, I've been playing it for a while now. Pretty damn sweet! tough though, I had a hell of a time killing that big daddy

Guru
10-10-2007, 04:18 AM
Anybody done with their 360 copy and willing to sell?

Wa-Z
10-10-2007, 10:39 PM
Warhawk is where it's at people.

Kraus
10-10-2007, 11:14 PM
Warhawk is where it's at people.

ROFL

Frazod
10-10-2007, 11:24 PM
Surprisingly, I didn't find BioShock to have much replayability. I tried to go through it a second time and lost interest fairly quickly (and I can play through games I really like over and over and over).

This certainly doesn't take away from the game, which is wonderful. But it's kind of a one hit wonder, IMO.

Guru
10-10-2007, 11:29 PM
Surprisingly, I didn't find BioShock to have much replayability. I tried to go through it a second time and lost interest fairly quickly (and I can play through games I really like over and over and over).

This certainly doesn't take away from the game, which is wonderful. But it's kind of a one hit wonder, IMO.

That is why I didnt' want to buy it brand new. Found it on Ebay for $40 including s&h.

Will probably resell when I am done.

Frazod
10-10-2007, 11:38 PM
That is why I didnt' want to buy it brand new. Found it on Ebay for $40 including s&h.

Will probably resell when I am done.

There's just no way of knowing whether I can replay a game or not. Some that you'd think I wouldn't I can, some (like this) that you'd think I could, I won't. And I can't tell you why. I doubt if I ever play this again, and it's just about the coolest game I've ever seen, but I could sit down right now and replay KOTOR for the 30th time and enjoy the hell of it.

I'm strange. :D

Guru
10-10-2007, 11:52 PM
There's just no way of knowing whether I can replay a game or not. Some that you'd think I wouldn't I can, some (like this) that you'd think I could, I won't. And I can't tell you why. I doubt if I ever play this again, and it's just about the coolest game I've ever seen, but I could sit down right now and replay KOTOR for the 30th time and enjoy the hell of it.

I'm strange. :D

I was never able to get into KOTOR at all. I love Star Wars but role playing just isn't for me.

I do know what you mean about not knowing what games will hit you as the "I can't put this down" game though. I was that way with Halflife for a while.

Frazod
10-10-2007, 11:58 PM
I was never able to get into KOTOR at all. I love Star Wars but role playing just isn't for me.

I do know what you mean about not knowing what games will hit you as the "I can't put this down" game though. I was that way with Halflife for a while.

I have literally played through KOTOR in every conceivable way - every possible character combination, male and female, good and evil. I don't know if I've really played it 30 times, but I've certainly played it at least 20. I wanted to find the most efficient combination for good and evil, utilizing the skills and NPCs the best. And I'm quite sure I've succeeded. And I actually like KOTOR (the first one) better than ALL of the movies combined. The story line is incredible. It has since been duplicated in several other games, including BioShock.

Other games I could start playing right now - Fable, Jade Empire, Freelancer, The Godfather, KOTOR II (not to the extent of the first one, but it does have its moments).

Fruit Ninja
10-11-2007, 12:04 AM
I got halfways through with Kotor, then my original xbox took a shit. I lost all my progression. I said F it. I still have the game. I should finish it , but i gotta start over.

Reaper16
10-11-2007, 12:34 AM
The story line is incredible. It has since been duplicated in several other games, including BioShock.

The story line has been duplicated? Or are you speaking of the you-have-choices-and-you-can-be-good-or-bad aspect of the character progression?

Frazod
10-11-2007, 12:39 AM
The story line has been duplicated? Or are you speaking of the you-have-choices-and-you-can-be-good-or-bad aspect of the character progression?

No, I'm speaking of the hidden identity of the character aspect.

Fairplay
10-30-2007, 08:00 AM

I rate this game very good, even great. A must play if you're a gamer.
Different and refreshing first person shooter.

I do agree with frazod that after playing it once i have no interest in playing it again.

icepick64
10-30-2007, 08:45 AM
ditto, i already sold it, bought the orange box instead. Talk about replay ability!

Blankey
11-01-2007, 10:12 AM
This is an awesome video.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=YEqZkglTVYE

Kraus
11-01-2007, 12:01 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=YEqZkglTVYE

Kickass.

RedDread
11-01-2007, 07:57 PM
That's friggin sweet

KcMizzou
11-01-2007, 08:00 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=YEqZkglTVYEThat rules!

I bet they had a blast.

Count Zarth
11-10-2007, 10:55 PM
****ing game just freezes up my PC after the intro with the Squid and Whale passing by.

Valiant
11-10-2007, 11:08 PM
****ing game just freezes up my PC after the intro with the Squid and Whale passing by.

Get a computer that is not a piece of shit??? Specs on the game are not that intense..

Fruit Ninja
11-10-2007, 11:12 PM
i am guessing he went with a pirated copy.

Count Zarth
11-10-2007, 11:15 PM
Get a computer that is not a piece of shit??? Specs on the game are not that intense..

Core 2 Duo
8800 GTS
4 GB Dual Channel DDR2

It ain't my PC...

Just updated drivers. We'll see if that helps.

Guru
11-10-2007, 11:15 PM
i am guessing he went with a pirated copy.
Not GOATSE. He would never do that. :)

Valiant
11-10-2007, 11:55 PM
Core 2 Duo
8800 GTS
4 GB Dual Channel DDR2

It ain't my PC...

Just updated drivers. We'll see if that helps.

Not sure then.. Hopefully the drivers work for you..

Frazod
11-11-2007, 12:01 AM
I didn't have any problem with Bioshock, but I did need to upgrade my video card to play F.E.A.R. Extraction Point and Shadow of Chernobyl without problems.

Count Zarth
11-11-2007, 12:11 AM
Cool game. :)

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/3978/54077056pc5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Fruit Ninja
11-11-2007, 02:17 AM
Well, now that i broke my APF and Fifa addiction i have been playing Bioshock a little more. I dont ever play straight through games though. I try to make them last, i just get on for an hour or so. I am at the part in the theatre, Its pretty damn creepy.

As awesome as i think Bioshock is, its just not my type of game, but it is pretty amazing. If this game doesnt win Game of the Year, i will be serverely dissapointed.

Count Zarth
11-11-2007, 02:19 AM
If this game doesnt win Game of the Year, i will be serverely dissapointed.

Crysis will destroy everything in it's path. Go download the demo. If you have the PC to handle it.

Fairplay
11-11-2007, 06:41 AM
I I am at the part in the theatre, Its pretty damn creepy.

I like that map the best. Theater/casino.

If i did the game over i wouldn't have hacked practically all the turrets and monitors. Just shot them and taken them out. Hacking is the main issue i have with the game. I was constantly hacking. I couldn't get in the rhythm of just running around and shooting. Hack this and that. I hope Bioshock 2 is different when it comes to that part of it.

Also playing as not to kill the children you still get plenty of Adam as to get most all the powers you will ever need anyway in the game.
I had so many plasmids and plenty of weapons and different types of ammo you won't use it all. Toggling through to the weapon of choice when a baddie came was more of a chore then killing them.

Fruit Ninja
11-11-2007, 02:54 PM
Yeah, so far i have rescued them all but 1. I accidently killed her. Hit the wrong button. Hacking doesnt bother me. After a while, they are all the same, so you pretty much know every hack. I get through them fast now.

Also, Charming big daddies in certain area's owns. They just rape the splicers.

Kraus
05-25-2008, 05:02 PM
Bump for the game coming to PS3.

I just bought it a week or two ago and I'm nearing the end. Great game with an excellent atmosphere.

Guru
05-25-2008, 05:10 PM
Never did finish this game.

Frazod
05-25-2008, 05:47 PM
Never did finish this game.

This is one of the greatest games ever. Awesome story, graphics, great creepiness, everything.

Guru
05-25-2008, 05:49 PM
This is one of the greatest games ever. Awesome story, graphics, great creepiness, everything.

The problem is that I watched my son finish it and ruined the ending for me. heh

QuikSsurfer
05-25-2008, 06:20 PM
The problem is that I watched my son finish it and ruined the ending for me. heh

2 different endings right? One if you harvest all girls and another if you save all girls.

Frazod
05-25-2008, 06:22 PM
2 different endings right? One if you harvest all girls and another if you save all girls.

I know it's just a game, I couldn't bring myself to harvest the little girls. Something about that was just fundamentally disturbing/wrong. Whatever the other ending is, I'll never experience it.

Guru
05-25-2008, 06:22 PM
He chose to save them all. I am over half done and saved them all. I don't think I want to start all over..

QuikSsurfer
05-25-2008, 06:29 PM
I know it's just a game, I couldn't bring myself to harvest the little girls. Something about that was just fundamentally disturbing/wrong. Whatever the other ending is, I'll never experience it.

I do it for the ADAM :evil:

HC_Chief
05-26-2008, 09:13 AM
I do it for the ADAM :evil:

I think you get more Adam when you save them... but you have to save 2 before you get the "gift".

Bowser
05-26-2008, 09:14 AM
Great game. Loved it the whole way through.

Are they making a sequel, or maybe a prequel?

HC_Chief
05-26-2008, 09:15 AM
Great game. Loved it the whole way through.

Are they making a sequel, or maybe a prequel?

Get this, they're making a freaking MOVIE. :rolleyes:

Bowser
05-26-2008, 09:17 AM
Get this, they're making a freaking MOVIE. :rolleyes:

Yeah, that will rival House of the Dead for worst game-turned-movie evah. No WAY they can capture the creepiness of the game on film. Bad idea.

QuikSsurfer
05-26-2008, 10:38 AM
I think you get more Adam when you save them... but you have to save 2 before you get the "gift".

You get less ADAM when you save the little girls. You're right about the "gift" though. What is it, btw?

Kraus
05-26-2008, 12:39 PM
Plasmids, Tonics, and a bunch of ADAM. IRC there is only about 200 ADAM difference between saving them and harvesting them.

EDIT: Just beat the game....the end boss was pretty easy even on the hard difficulty. The ending was just okay.

I got 48 of the 51 achievements on the first playthrough. I would have had them all had I not used one Vitachamber and harvested 2 girls.

Dartgod
08-05-2010, 06:10 AM
I'm catching up on some games that came out while I was still using my piece of shit 7 year old computer, so i picked this up last weekend. What a freaking awesome game! I can't wait to finish it and get Bioshock 2.

Frazod
08-05-2010, 06:14 AM
I'm catching up on some games that came out while I was still using my piece of shit 7 year old computer, so i picked this up last weekend. What a freaking awesome game! I can't wait to finish it and get Bioshock 2.

Bioshock 2 is a big let down. I never even finished it.

QuikSsurfer
08-05-2010, 08:11 AM
Bioshock 2 is a big let down. I never even finished it.

Same.

Frazod
08-05-2010, 08:12 AM
Same.

Of course, now he can pick it up in the bargain bin for $15. Maybe it's worth that.

It sure as fuck wasn't worth whatever I paid for it the day it came out, though.

Saulbadguy
08-05-2010, 08:23 AM
I thought Bioshock 2 was ok. Story wasn't nearly as good. The multiplayer was actually kind of fun.

Demonpenz
08-05-2010, 08:26 AM
never played bioshock 2. Maybe I will get it in the bargin bin. I only play sports games, and I finished bioshock 1 and I am lazy at first I was like man this is a pain in the ass picking up these potions and killing these buzzing things, but I still finished it. I am sure there were better ways to play the game because I played it as a shooter. Still was creepy and bad ass.

QuikSsurfer
08-05-2010, 08:33 AM
Of course, now he can pick it up in the bargain bin for $15. Maybe it's worth that.

It sure as fuck wasn't worth whatever I paid for it the day it came out, though.

Take that $15 and put it towards Dragon Age.

Saulbadguy
08-05-2010, 08:36 AM

Now that's a game I found pretty boring. I got about 16 hours in to it and quit playing. I need to start up again but I just find it very...meh. Not my cup of tea I guess.

Frazod
08-05-2010, 08:36 AM

Amen to that. Dragon Age fucking rules. Mass Effect (1 and 2) are also vastly preferable to Bioshock 2.

The Witcher wouldn't be a bad choice, either.

Otter
08-05-2010, 08:38 AM

The only bad thing I found about Bioshock is that nothing really compares. I have Dead Space loaded but just can't get into it.

Bioshock sucked you in right from the beginning...incredible game.

QuikSsurfer
08-05-2010, 08:38 AM
Now that's a game I found pretty boring. I got about 16 hours in to it and quit playing. I need to start up again but I just find it very...meh. Not my cup of tea I guess.

Hmm - Everyone that I've recommended the game to has absolutely fallen in love with it (including a few ladies).
It's definitely not for everyone though -- top 5 RPG, IMO.

Have you downloaded the Alan Wake DLC yet? It's free if you purchased the game.

QuikSsurfer
08-05-2010, 08:39 AM
The only bad thing I found about Bioshock is that nothing really compares. I have Dead Space loaded but just can't get into it.

Bioshock sucked you in right from the beginning...incredible game.

Dead Space was A+++++
Can't wait for Dead Space 2

QuikSsurfer
08-05-2010, 08:40 AM
Amen to that. Dragon Age fucking rules. Mass Effect (1 and 2) are also vastly preferable to Bioshock 2.

I look forward to trying out The Witcher -- need to build a new rig first.

Otter
08-05-2010, 08:42 AM
Dead Space was A+++++
Can't wait for Dead Space 2

I haven't given it a fair chance to be honest. I've read good things though, just need to sit down and get into it.

Saulbadguy
08-05-2010, 08:44 AM
Hmm - Everyone that I've recommended the game to has absolutely fallen in love with it (including a few ladies).

Downloaded - haven't played it yet. My friend still has my disc.

I don't know what my issue with Dragon Age is - can't pinpoint it. I loved Mass Effect 1 & 2, so who knows.

Saulbadguy
08-05-2010, 08:45 AM

I don't know what my issue with Dragon Age is - can't pinpoint it. I loved Mass Effect 1 & 2, so who knows.

QuikSsurfer
08-05-2010, 09:41 AM

I haven't played it yet either. Hydro Thunder has consumed me.
I've heard it's great though.

Pants
08-05-2010, 03:17 PM
Witcher > Dragon Age, IMO. I dl/ed the 1st one, but I'll be buying the box set when the 2nd one comes out (if they release it that way). Those dudes deserve every penny for that game.

Dartgod
08-06-2010, 12:52 PM

I'm sorry to hear that about Bioshock 2, because the original fucking rocks! I just completed the level where it is revealed that Atlas is really Fontaine. And when my guy started whacking Ryan with the golf club, I was like "Whoa!!" Nice little twist there.

Funny thing about Mass Effect 2 is, i really liked the game for a while and then got bored with it. I haven't finished yet, but probably will after I finish Bioshock. Then I'll try some other games I missed out on like Borderlands, Left 4 Dead or something like that.

Frazod
08-06-2010, 12:55 PM
Have you played Fallout 3? I knew I was forgetting a really good one yesterday. That game rules as well.

Demonpenz
08-06-2010, 12:56 PM
the guy you hit with a golf club is the hardest boss ever to kill in a video game haha

Cave Johnson
08-06-2010, 01:15 PM
I thought Bioshock 2 was ok. Story wasn't nearly as good. The multiplayer was actually kind of fun.

No, the multiplayer was a complete abortion, complete with constant freezing/system reboots.

They should waterboard the Chinese developers responsible.

Saulbadguy
08-06-2010, 07:00 PM
No, the multiplayer was a complete abortion, complete with constant freezing/system reboots.

I didn't have any trouble with mine.

Dartgod
08-06-2010, 09:26 PM
Have you played Fallout 3? I knew I was forgetting a really good one yesterday. That game rules as well.
I'll check it out. What about Fallout 1 or 2?

Kraus
08-06-2010, 09:49 PM

Didn't you make it to Level 40? I made it to 10 and quit. There are so many better multiplayer games out there.

Buck
08-06-2010, 10:00 PM

Those are both pretty old games and not on consoles.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dartgod
08-06-2010, 11:32 PM
Those are both pretty old games and not on consoles.
Posted via Mobile Device
I don't have a console. PC for me.

Cave Johnson
08-08-2010, 06:09 PM
Didn't you make it to Level 40? I made it to 10 and quit. There are so many better multiplayer games out there.

Yeah, I grinded it out to 40.

Not my best moment.

Mr Luzcious
08-09-2010, 01:51 PM

Both quite good, although 1 has some archaic controls that make gameplay a little tiresome at times.

Dartgod
08-10-2010, 07:27 PM
I finished it tonight. What a great game! I feel a little down now that it's finished.

Frazod
08-19-2010, 09:01 AM
I'm currently playing the second S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game, Call of Pripyat, and really enjoying it. The first Stalker was awesome, but very buggy. This one plays exactly the same, without the glitches. I think this is a couple of years old now, and lacks some of the enhanced vocal interaction you get with newer games, but it is beautifully rendered and excellent nonetheless. Similar in feel to Fallout 3, although grittier and more realistic. You really have to be on your toes in the Stalker games and should save frequently - even at the lower difficulty levels, randomly encountered creatures, bandits and anomolies can kill you quicker than shit.

Saulbadguy
08-19-2010, 04:26 PM
I figured the bumps would be about Bioshock INFINITE.