PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul fans should like this.....

recxjake
08-13-2007, 04:02 PM
August 20, 2007 - Reno, Nevada

University of Nevada, Reno, will be holding this debate with The Brookings Institution and ABC News as co-sponsors of the event. Only four candidates have been invited: Rudy Giuliani, John McCain, Ron Paul, and Mitt Romney.

I'd like to see Huckabee invited... but the rest are a waste of time.

BucEyedPea
08-13-2007, 04:05 PM
Ooo I like it!!
But when is it?

Hydrae
08-13-2007, 04:34 PM
Ooo I like it!!
But when is it?

Just guessing but, August 20th seems like a firm possibility.

;)

Taco John
08-13-2007, 04:39 PM
http://sydlexia.com/blogstuff/ackbar_its_a_trap.jpg

wazu
08-13-2007, 06:27 PM
http://sydlexia.com/blogstuff/ackbar_its_a_trap.jpg

The last time Ron Paul walked into a trap his poll numbers doubled.

recxjake
08-13-2007, 07:49 PM
I hope it's on tv... I love watching Ron Paul.

Dallas Chief
08-13-2007, 08:43 PM
The last time Ron Paul walked into a trap his poll numbers doubled.
Yeah but from what to what? 1.5% to 3%?

Silock
08-13-2007, 08:45 PM

Baby steps, baby steps.

go bowe
08-13-2007, 09:58 PM
me too...

wazu
08-13-2007, 10:04 PM

Sounds about right. Do it a few more times and we're really cooking with gas.

BucEyedPea
08-13-2007, 10:07 PM
Sounds about right. Do it a few more times and we're really cooking with gas.
Well 9% in one state GOP poll. That's a gain anyway you want to slice it.
He needs name recognition. Buy more signs.

go bowe
08-13-2007, 10:48 PM
Well 9% in one state GOP poll. That's a gain anyway you want to slice it.
He needs name recognition. Buy more signs.name recognition...

that's it...

every time i hear ron paul i think of ru paul...

wazu
08-13-2007, 10:59 PM
name recognition...

that's it...

every time i hear ron paul i think of ru paul...

Funny, I hadn't even heard of Rupaul in so many years that I had forgotten that she/he ever existed. Maybe it's time for you to take down that giant, oversized poster on your bedroom wall.

Taco John
08-13-2007, 11:04 PM
You want to know what's been pissing me off lately? Goddamned celebrities. All these jackasses talking about getting out of the Iraq war, and not a single one of them has spoken up to support Ron Paul. What are they waiting for? Right now, Obama and Hillary are fighting over who can look the most hawkish, and not a single celebrity speaking out in favor of Ron Paul.

The campaign needs to straighten that out. A celebrity or two help raise the profile and get the name out there through channels that might not otherwise be available.

We need a Matt Damon... Or a Jennifer Anison... Someone who represents like Clooney, but isn't already tied to a party like Clooney. Kevin Smith would kick ass. That's the ticket right there... We need Kevin Smith. I'm sending him an email.

|Zach|
08-13-2007, 11:07 PM
You want to know what's been pissing me off lately? Goddamned celebrities. All these jackasses talking about getting out of the Iraq war, and not a single one of them has spoken up to support Ron Paul. What are they waiting for? Right now, Obama and Hillary are fighting over who can look the most hawkish, and not a single celebrity speaking out in favor of Ron Paul.

The campaign needs to straighten that out. A celebrity or two help raise the profile and get the name out there through channels that might not otherwise be available.

We need a Matt Damon... Or a Jennifer Anison... Someone who represents like Clooney, but isn't already tied to a party like Clooney. Kevin Smith would kick ass. That's the ticket right there... We need Kevin Smith. I'm sending him an email.
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ou2mVnElp6c"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ou2mVnElp6c" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

ClevelandBronco
08-13-2007, 11:23 PM
You want to know what's been pissing me off lately? Goddamned celebrities. All these jackasses talking about getting out of the Iraq war, and not a single one of them has spoken up to support Ron Paul. What are they waiting for?

They're entertainers with a lot of time on their hands between projects and cameras in their faces constantly recording what their publicists think they should say to keep their audience appeal intact.

Ron Paul has to carve out a large audience on his own before you'll see a major celebrity put himself on the line.

It's all about the money in business.

Logical
08-13-2007, 11:30 PM
name recognition...

that's it...

every time i hear ron paul i think of ru paul...I believe they both have about the same chance of being elected.

Logical
08-13-2007, 11:32 PM

I think the problem is most of the anti-war entertainers are Dems by nature.

wazu
08-13-2007, 11:55 PM

This almost deserves its own thread. Screw the celebreties. A bunch of ignorant, stoned liberals are not what Ron Paul needs right now. There are two markets he needs to appeal to:

1. Fiscal conservatives - he beats every other candidate hands down in this category.

2. Social conservatives - he can distinguish himself as the pro-life candidate. He's a freaking Ob/Gyn who has delivered 4,000 babies, and when he talks on this issue it is real and emotional.

It's time for him to embrace a few of the establishment Republicans and remind them what a true conservative sounds like.

Taco John
08-14-2007, 01:37 AM
This almost deserves its own thread. Screw the celebreties. A bunch of ignorant, stoned liberals are not what Ron Paul needs right now. There are two markets he needs to appeal to:

1. Fiscal conservatives - he beats every other candidate hands down in this category.

2. Social conservatives - he can distinguish himself as the pro-life candidate. He's a freaking Ob/Gyn who has delivered 4,000 babies, and when he talks on this issue it is real and emotional.

It's time for him to embrace a few of the establishment Republicans and remind them what a true conservative sounds like.

He needs sheep appeal. The same kind that almost got Bush elected in 2000. He doesn't have that though. He's not going to get the Dr. Dobson endorsement, regardless of his abortion stance. He's not going to get the Union vote. He's not going to get the "get 'er done" crowd who vote based on who they'd drink a beer with. He does have *some* soccer mom appeal, but not nearly as much as either Obama or Hillary have (Republicans are going to get slaughtered on the soccer mom front).

His base is made up of a lot of independant free-thinkers who don't fit in either the R or D mold.

*sigh*

I shouldn't have gotten attached. I feel like a kid who knows his two month puppy has terminal cancer.

It's going to take something significant to change the destructive course that we are on. There are a lot of dumb people who bought onto the "they hate us because of our freedom" propaganda that the war machine churned out. It's good that he's out there putting the ideas out, but I fear that the masses aren't going to appreciate the message until something drastic happens to wake them up, and I don't know what that is.

My fear is that the Republicans get their wish (http://www.lewrockwell.com/grigg/grigg-w24.html) and another 9/11 happens (http://www.philly.com/dailynews/columnists/stu_bykofsky/20070809_Stu_Bykofsky___To_save_America__we_need_another_9_11.html)... Martial law and Rudy Giuliani sweep in, and we end up with an America that is unrecognizable... and it's not until a few years of that hell that people realize that it didn't have to be that way.

We live in heavy times.

patteeu
08-14-2007, 06:54 AM

You might not notice the difference between a liberal Obama and a libertarian Ron Paul, but these celebrities apparently do. I suspect that they don't mention Paul because they don't like most of the things he stands for and because they have plenty of liberal candidates to choose from who are also for getting out of Iraq.

Cochise
08-14-2007, 07:03 AM
You might not notice the difference between a liberal Obama and a libertarian Ron Paul, but these celebrities apparently do. I suspect that they don't mention Paul because they don't like most of the things he stands for and because they have plenty of liberal candidates to choose from who are also for getting out of Iraq.

They're liberals. They are going to pick a candidate who they agree with on more than one issue.

BucEyedPea
08-14-2007, 07:43 AM
Wait 'til they find out that the NeoCons are giving the GOP the boot and adopting Hillary. They've been gushing over her calling her the true leader.
NRO, TheWeekly Standard etc. (iow the worst of the bunch). These pubs have a narrow audience and it's not a conspiracy....it's sincere.

With Obomba wanting to bomb Pakistan and Hillary the new darling of the Hawks...the Dems in Congress doing nothing effective to stop the madness, since most are Scoop Jackson/DLC democrats and believe in it...seems that Justin Raimondo and Lew Rockwell's articles have a ring of truth to them since they've said all along the Dems are more Hawkish than the Pubs. The have a longer history of dragging the US into unecessary wars. The libertarians are the ONLY true principaled anti-war candidates today.

BucEyedPea
08-14-2007, 07:50 AM
He needs sheep appeal.

Like the Germans circa 1930's.

But if it's true 70% of the American people want us out of Iraq and not to antagonize the broader middle east you have to wonder about the 2 party system no longer being representative of the people.

Dallas Chief
08-14-2007, 10:11 AM
Like the Germans circa 1930's.

But if it's true 70% of the American people want us out of Iraq and not to antagonize the broader middle east you have to wonder about the 2 party system no longer being representative of the people.
I have to agree with your point, but I think this has been the case since the early 90's- The Clinton Admin., The Contract with America, etc. I think that was a real turning point where it started being all about them and little to do with those that put them there. Special intrerests dominate the process now.

patteeu
08-14-2007, 11:44 AM
Wait 'til they find out that the NeoCons are giving the GOP the boot and adopting Hillary. They've been gushing over her calling her the true leader.
NRO, TheWeekly Standard etc. (iow the worst of the bunch). These pubs have a narrow audience and it's not a conspiracy....it's sincere.

With Obomba wanting to bomb Pakistan and Hillary the new darling of the Hawks...the Dems in Congress doing nothing effective to stop the madness, since most are Scoop Jackson/DLC democrats and believe in it...seems that Justin Raimondo and Lew Rockwell's articles have a ring of truth to them since they've said all along the Dems are more Hawkish than the Pubs. The have a longer history of dragging the US into unecessary wars. The libertarians are the ONLY true principaled anti-war candidates today.

I would expect Hillary to be hawkish if she takes power. If I could trust her to limit her area of interest to foreign affairs, I wouldn't be so concerned about a Rodham presidency. If she threw in Cheney as her running mate, I might even consider voting for... naw. :p

Cochise
08-14-2007, 12:30 PM
I would expect Hillary to be hawkish if she takes power. If I could trust her to limit her area of interest to foreign affairs, I wouldn't be so concerned about a Rodham presidency. If she threw in Cheney as her running mate, I might even consider voting for... naw. :p

It's going to be funny if one of these Democratic candidates wins the election, listening to all their rationale as to why we don't retreat immediately.

Hell you could put Hillary Clinton in the white house in January of 2009 and we still might be there when the next election rolls around. I think that if Barry Obama is your winner, we'd be gone quicker, but it's still going to be on the order of a few more years.

I'm sure each of these would make some kind of immediate reduction to try to appease the far left who want every soldier over there to pile into planes in the next hour and GTFO, but the dirty little secret is that none of them would pull out in the short term.

Taco John
08-14-2007, 02:18 PM
That's provided that Hillary is being an honest hawk. Two years ago, the conservatives around this place said it was an act. Now they're practically voting for her.

Cochise
08-14-2007, 02:19 PM
In what way are we practically voting for her?

Taco John
08-14-2007, 02:30 PM
I might even consider voting for... naw. :p

Taco John
08-14-2007, 02:30 PM

I might even consider voting for... naw. :p

go bowe
08-14-2007, 02:35 PM
Funny, I hadn't even heard of Rupaul in so many years that I had forgotten that she/he ever existed. Maybe it's time for you to take down that giant, over sized poster on your bedroom wall.nope, that poster has been replaced with an extra large poster of jessica alba...

well, several posters of her in various poses...

and the best one of all is on the ceiling over my bed...

go bowe
08-14-2007, 02:51 PM
It's going to be funny if one of these Democratic candidates wins the election, listening to all their rationale as to why we don't retreat immediately.

Hell you could put Hillary Clinton in the white house in January of 2009 and we still might be there when the next election rolls around. I think that if Barry Obama is your winner, we'd be gone quicker, but it's still going to be on the order of a few more years.

I'm sure each of these would make some kind of immediate reduction to try to appease the far left who want every soldier over there to pile into planes in the next hour and GTFO, but the dirty little secret is that none of them would pull out in the short term.barry?

that's awfully kind on your part...

i usually call him husein because it sounds better than obama (too close to osama)...

and unless the republicans come up with a better candidate, i'll be voting for him (hussein)...

as far as the withdrawal/retreat goes, it depends a lot on whether the insurgencies will declare a truce and let us leave without being attacked...

go bowe
08-14-2007, 03:04 PM

I'm sure each of these would make some kind of immediate reduction to try to appease the far left who want every soldier over there to pile into planes in the next hour and GTFO, but the dirty little secret is that none of them would pull out in the short term.pull out? hell, i used to do that all the time...

back in the day, it was illegal for kids to get a condum and some states even had laws against using contraceptives in your own home at any age...

fun times... /zack

BucEyedPea
08-14-2007, 03:26 PM
Well then you better get some religion then...because, as I posted before, when she has women in her cabinet and their monthly cycles get synchronized we're in for a world of trouble. We may just be all dead. Don't say I didn't tell ya' so.

Or...the those Islmacists you're convinced are out to get us all may just not fight knowing how they are about women.

oldandslow
08-14-2007, 03:56 PM

That Patteeu would consider voting for HRC and I wouldn't consider it in my wildest dreams is screwing with my universe....

...it's like chaos theory just met a quark in the fifth dimension or something...

BucEyedPea
08-14-2007, 04:00 PM
That Patteeu would consider voting for HRC and I wouldn't consider it in my wildest dreams is screwing with my universe....

...it's like chaos theory just met a quark in the fifth dimension or something...
Ya' know you nailed what's been going on since 9/11 right there.
As well as being a part of dialetical materialism; thesis/anthesis by pitting two groups who are basically opposed to one another Christians/Muslims to create change for something else from the chaos. Very evil.

patteeu
08-14-2007, 08:29 PM

LOL, rest easy. I was just kidding about considering Hillary. You're one of the few lefties I believe when they say they wouldn't consider voting for Hillary in their wildest dreams.

go bowe
08-14-2007, 08:42 PM
i don't know about wildest dreams, but if hussein doesn't get the nomination i would look very closely at the republican candidates...

right now, the only one that i like is rupaul...

i know, i know, the original rupaul was much better looking than ron paul...

it would take something drastic to get me to seriously consoder hillary, like brownback getting the republican nomination...

wazu
08-14-2007, 09:23 PM
*sigh*

I shouldn't have gotten attached. I feel like a kid who knows his two month puppy has terminal cancer.

It's going to take something significant to change the destructive course that we are on. There are a lot of dumb people who bought onto the "they hate us because of our freedom" propaganda that the war machine churned out. It's good that he's out there putting the ideas out, but I fear that the masses aren't going to appreciate the message until something drastic happens to wake them up, and I don't know what that is.

My fear is that the Republicans get their wish (http://www.lewrockwell.com/grigg/grigg-w24.html) and another 9/11 happens (http://www.philly.com/dailynews/columnists/stu_bykofsky/20070809_Stu_Bykofsky___To_save_America__we_need_another_9_11.html)... Martial law and Rudy Giuliani sweep in, and we end up with an America that is unrecognizable... and it's not until a few years of that hell that people realize that it didn't have to be that way.

We live in heavy times.

I'm a little more optimistic. While I recognize that there is little chance of Ron Paul getting the nomination, there is a good chance he will make some serious noise before this is all over. His internet support tells me that young people are eating up his message. Considering young people have traditionally flocked more to Democrats, that's very encouraging. Every year the internet crowd is going to become more powerful. Old people die, youngsters with MySpace pages turn 18, and change steadily happens. In 10 years, or 20, it could have some very interesting affects on voting demographics in this country.

As Ron Paul himself says, politicians don't amount to much, but ideas do. Ron Paul has the opportunity to put Libertarian ideals on the launching pad and severely threaten the establishment. That's something worth fighting for. And I absolutely love that he is doing it from within the Republican party. Maybe a fair number of conservatives will remember what that party used to stand for and the conservative revolution will happen sooner than expected.

Gotta stay positive.

go bowe
08-15-2007, 12:49 PM
I believe they both have about the same chance of being elected.best joke of the week...

you made me laugh so hard that i almost choked on my coffee...

at least i didn't spit on my sceen...

damn, i'm still chuckling...

FD
08-17-2007, 03:49 PM
Speaking of things Ron Paul fans should like...
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/88REf0tjZHo"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/88REf0tjZHo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

BucEyedPea
08-17-2007, 04:15 PM
I like him when he's fiesty like that.
He was handsome when he was younger too.

BIG_DADDY
08-17-2007, 04:21 PM
I like him when he's fiesty like that.
He was handsome when he was younger too.

It would be great to see him run against Hillary.

Taco John
08-17-2007, 04:31 PM
Why don't they put you on a diet, you're a little overweight!

AAAAHHHHH HA HA HA!

And the crowd goes wild!

BIG_DADDY
08-17-2007, 04:46 PM
Speaking of things Ron Paul fans should like...
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/88REf0tjZHo"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/88REf0tjZHo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

classic