PDA

View Full Version : Hurricanes anyone

redbrian
08-14-2007, 03:04 PM
We are 2 1/2 months into the Hurricane season and so far we have had 1 hurricane.

Pacific
2 Tropical Storms
6 Tropical Depresions
1 Hurricane

Atlantic
1 Subtropical Storm
2 Tropical Storms

One of the reasons for the low numbers and intensities, Lower Ocean temps.

What the hell I thought Al had predicted big bad blow ups and lots of them.

tiptap
08-14-2007, 03:59 PM
Actually, Dr. Gray, of Colorado State, an opponent to Greenhouse Gas explanation to rising temperatures (he prefers the Atlantic Conveyor explanation), and a well respected hurricane expert, does the predictions for hurricane seasons apart from NOAA.

So it would be these guys and not Al that would be putting out those forecasts.

StcChief
08-14-2007, 04:03 PM
I'll stick with Margs... not much on those New Orleans drinks.

BucEyedPea
08-14-2007, 04:21 PM
Thank God! HALLEJUIAH!

But it ain't over yet....we had a bunch in Sept too! That's the one I had to
evacuate to SC for.

redbrian
08-15-2007, 06:50 AM
Actually, Dr. Gray, of Colorado State, an opponent to Greenhouse Gas explanation to rising temperatures (he prefers the Atlantic Conveyor explanation), and a well respected hurricane expert, does the predictions for hurricane seasons apart from NOAA.

So it would be these guys and not Al that would be putting out those forecasts.

No Al and all of the doom sayers claim that global warming will cause more storms and more storms that are more powerfull.

By the way ol Flossie is a bust and has been demoted to a Tropical Storm.

tiptap
08-15-2007, 08:13 AM
You need to understand the terminology for these predictions. It doesn't matter how a hurricane ends, since all hurricanes or cyclones or typhoons all get bigger and then smaller and die out. The reference is to how big they get through the life of the system. And they don't have to reach shore to be counted. Like last year when most of the Atlantic action never reached landfall.

tiptap
08-15-2007, 08:18 AM
August and September represent the peak period so hopefully we will make it through the season without hurricane landfall.

DaKCMan AP
08-15-2007, 08:24 AM
No Al and all of the doom sayers claim that global warming will cause more storms and more storms that are more powerfull.

By the way ol Flossie is a bust and has been demoted to a Tropical Storm.

La Niņa.