PDA

View Full Version : Whatis a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server?

BIG_DADDY
08-14-2007, 02:09 PM
Thank You

Simplex3
08-14-2007, 02:12 PM
Basically that means your email server had some problem talking to theirs.

morphius
08-14-2007, 02:14 PM
simple mail transfer protocol, but yeah, what Simplex said. Their smtp gateway could be down, or any number of issues.

Fish
08-14-2007, 02:19 PM
Are you spamming again?

BIG_DADDY
08-14-2007, 02:23 PM
simple mail transfer protocol, but yeah, what Simplex said. Their smtp gateway could be down, or any number of issues.

It's a merger. AT&T/Cingular is pissing me off.

Braincase
08-14-2007, 02:29 PM
Hey Troy,

A good place to start for me would be Microsoft's Technet Site (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/4b8c63d7-60de-4f70-903b-b35d5232f5fd.aspx) if it's a general SMTP or specifically Microsoft Exchange.

It would be more helpful to know...

Client Package -> Outbound Email Service->Firewall Config->DNS->Firewall Config->Inbound Email Service-> Destination Client Package.

Messaging with Exchange is a specialty of mine, but I can troubleshoot the network maps of just about any ESMTP/SMTP out there.

Bob

htismaqe
08-14-2007, 02:29 PM
Are you spamming again?

In all seriousness, the far end SMTP gateway could be terminating the connection if they're using a spam blocker.

BD, can you give us an actual error message (usually a numeric code)?

BIG_DADDY
08-14-2007, 03:09 PM
#5.5.0

AT&T/Cingular is full of shit.

Baby Lee
08-14-2007, 03:15 PM
2:47 PM ON TUE AUG 14 2007 AT&T experiencing coast-to-coast data service outages, reader Michael writes, with users unable to connect to EDGE via iPhone or use data via Blackberries. Reportedly, it should be fixed within 1-2 hours.

htismaqe
08-14-2007, 03:18 PM
Umm, what type of email are you trying to send? And what domain are you trying to send from?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/300171

Exchange server does not accept Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) messages from certain Internet domains.
Exchange server cannot deliver SMTP messages to certain Internet domains.

htismaqe
08-14-2007, 03:19 PM
I think that's a different issue. He's talking specifically email.

BIG_DADDY
08-14-2007, 03:32 PM
I think that's a different issue. He's talking specifically email.

These guys promised me an add on then renigged and they know they did and won't do anything about it. I called the CEO and got shuffeled off to some POS named Eric Martinez. First thing he does is tell you he can't really do anything for you. :cuss:

htismaqe
08-14-2007, 03:37 PM
These guys promised me an add on then renigged and they know they did and won't do anything about it. I called the CEO and got shuffeled off to some POS named Eric Martinez. First thing he does is tell you he can't really do anything for you. :cuss:

You called the CEO of Cingular?

htismaqe
08-14-2007, 03:37 PM
By the way, what email address are you emailing from? You didn't answer.

BIG_DADDY
08-14-2007, 03:43 PM
By the way, what email address are you emailing from? You didn't answer.

My business. I'll PM you

BIG_DADDY
08-14-2007, 03:45 PM
You called the CEO of Cingular?

CEO and Chairman of AT&T and Cingular, Randall Stephenson

htismaqe
08-14-2007, 03:47 PM
CEO and Chairman of AT&T and Cingular, Randall Stephenson

And he didn't talk to you? I'm shocked!

ROFL

BIG_DADDY
08-14-2007, 03:53 PM
And he didn't talk to you? I'm shocked!

ROFL

He was out of the office, I got his male box who diverted me. It might shock you how many times I get a hold of these guys. I still give myself over a 50% chance of getting through to the guy at some point even if I have to track him to his home number. I have my ways.

htismaqe
08-14-2007, 03:57 PM
:D

Send me a PM and I'll check on your domain, see if there's anything fishy.

BIG_DADDY
08-14-2007, 04:03 PM
:D

Send me a PM and I'll check on your domain, see if there's anything fishy.

Done. One of things I do that trips people out is I look up someone from my past. I tell them if they're married, how many kids they have, what their names are and when they get all tripped out I send them a picture of their house. LMAO

Adept Havelock
08-14-2007, 04:30 PM
Done. One of things I do that trips people out is I look up someone from my past. I tell them if they're married, how many kids they have, what their names are and when they get all tripped out I send them a picture of their house. LMAO

ROFL

Nice. I bet the reaction is great if they are already inclined to paranoia.

BIG_DADDY
08-14-2007, 04:46 PM
ROFL

Nice. I bet the reaction is great if they are already inclined to paranoia.

Even funnier is I contacted a girl that used to work for me way back in 92' as a friend of our died recently. After telling her everything she asked how I found her. I told her where she lived, address, apartment number and even the color of the building. I remembered her ex telling me she really used to piss him off all the time because she left the bathroom dirty with her shit all over the place. I told her her bathroom was a mess and to clean it up and her financial concerns would eventually work there way out. She went off the deep end. When we finally met at his funeral she kept telling everyone how I was tripped her out. LMAO