PDA

View Full Version : Wiki of ALL the FAKE things in Man vs Wild -- LOL

Silock
08-14-2007, 02:31 PM
http://www.daughtersoftiresias.org/bearwiki/Evidence

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3UpSlpvb1is"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3UpSlpvb1is" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

petegz28
08-14-2007, 02:34 PM
OMG I knew this guy was F.O.S.

I watch Surivorman anyway. Anyone who carries their own cameras while they do this shit has my vote.

Silock
08-14-2007, 02:36 PM
OMG I knew this guy was F.O.S.

I watch Surivorman anyway. Anyone who carries their own cameras while they do this shit has my vote.

Les Stroud > Bear Grylls

So glad they made more Survivorman episodes.

88TG88
08-14-2007, 02:37 PM
I guess the show wasn't made to make Bear look like a tough guy. It was just an example of what we should do if we're lost in Africa or whatever. They should just admit it instead of lying.

Taco John
08-14-2007, 02:38 PM
I'll still watch the show. It's good entertainment.

petegz28
08-14-2007, 02:43 PM
Les Stroud > Bear Grylls

So glad they made more Survivorman episodes.

Yeah I watched the Kalihari one the other night. Not as good as I hoped. But I like the ones where he is in a forrest or the Arctic one was great. The floating out at sea one was good.

Donger
08-14-2007, 02:44 PM
I don't get it.

It's fake why?

petegz28
08-14-2007, 02:44 PM
Ice Road Truckers. Now those are some tough and\or stupid f*ckers!

petegz28
08-14-2007, 02:45 PM
I don't get it.

It's fake why?

Cause his show is supposed to be him stranded out somewhere.

You were supposed to think he was out in the middle of no where stranded and using his keen skills to survive.

Donger
08-14-2007, 02:48 PM
Cause his show is supposed to be him stranded out somewhere.

You were supposed to think he was out in the middle of no where stranded and using his keen skills to survive.

Right, but perhaps this area was just before he reached civilization. That has to happen eventually, right?

petegz28
08-14-2007, 02:50 PM
Right, but perhaps this area was just before he reached civilization. That has to happen eventually, right?

Did you see that portrayed? Did you see any need for him to even pretend to ninja across the alleged "only way" to cross the crevace?

Tribal Warfare
08-14-2007, 02:50 PM
I don't get it.

It's fake why?

The host acted like it was treacherous terrain to cross, while a normal pedestrian crossed over casually. The host was adding drama where their was none

petegz28
08-14-2007, 02:52 PM
Discovery should be ashamed! ASHAMED I say! Survivorman rules! There is no longer even a debate.

Silock
08-14-2007, 02:54 PM

It wasn't. There's a parking lot there. If he were really looking for civilization, he should have just set up shop at the parking lot.

Donger
08-14-2007, 02:55 PM
Did you see that portrayed? Did you see any need for him to even pretend to ninja across the alleged "only way" to cross the crevace?

1) I didn't hear him say that that was the "only way" to cross that specific crevice. Did you?

2) Looked like he was being careful. I suppose if the video had shown his video guy going across first and then Bear going next, that would prove the fakeness of the show. That's actually what I was hoping for.

Donger
08-14-2007, 02:57 PM
The host acted like it was treacherous terrain to cross, while a normal pedestrian crossed over casually. The host was adding drama where their was none

You're assuming that the two videos are related? In other words, Bear knew that the bridge thingy was safe?

If so, how do you know that?

Silock
08-14-2007, 03:01 PM
Methinks Donger is arguing just to argue.

Skip Towne
08-14-2007, 03:04 PM
Nah, couldn't be. :LOL:

JBucc
08-14-2007, 03:04 PM
"Hired man in a bear suit because they couldn't find a tame bear for the shoot"

lol That's the best one.

Tribal Warfare
08-14-2007, 03:11 PM
You're assuming that the two videos are related? In other words, Bear knew that the bridge thingy was safe?

The real question is how do you know that he didn't already know before hand?

Bwana
08-14-2007, 03:13 PM
I have only see a few of his shows and I knew he was full of crap when he walked right up to a so called "wild horse." I have spent a lot of years around all kinds of horse's and what he walked right up to was tame. Check this out:

http://www.daughtersoftiresias.org/bearwiki/Staged_horses

His advise about what do around bears would also get you killed fast.

petegz28
08-14-2007, 03:18 PM
1) I didn't hear him say that that was the "only way" to cross that specific crevice. Did you?

2) Looked like he was being careful. I suppose if the video had shown his video guy going across first and then Bear going next, that would prove the fakeness of the show. That's actually what I was hoping for.

You mean the ninja jump onto the rock was being "careful" ?

Do you always test things by jumping in both feet first?

Donger
08-14-2007, 03:20 PM

Am not! Am not!

But seriously, all the video proves is that he was close to civilization.

petegz28
08-14-2007, 03:22 PM
more condemnnation of Bear!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/6911748.stm

88TG88
08-14-2007, 03:27 PM
Channel 4 said in a statement that Born Survivor was "not an observational documentary series, but a 'how-to' guide to basic survival techniques in extreme environments".
Thats what I think about the show

Donger
08-14-2007, 03:28 PM
You mean the ninja jump onto the rock was being "careful" ?

Do you always test things by jumping in both feet first?

No, that was panache. But, you don't know that Bear knew that was safe based on the above video. Do you?

Silock
08-14-2007, 03:32 PM
Am not! Am not!

But seriously, all the video proves is that he was close to civilization.

The video proves that the show was intentionally trying to mislead people.

Still, the video isn't the only reason the entire show is a sham. A guy in a bear suit? Come on ROFL

petegz28
08-14-2007, 03:33 PM
No, that was panache. But, you don't know that Bear knew that was safe based on the above video. Do you?

If he thought there was a chance of that rock being hollow his ass wouldn't of jumped so quick on it. This guy is human not spiderman.

Donger
08-14-2007, 03:35 PM
The video proves that the show was intentionally trying to mislead people.

It doesn't, actually. All it proves is that that scene was filmed close to road.

Donger
08-14-2007, 03:36 PM
If he thought there was a chance of that rock being hollow his ass wouldn't of jumped so quick on it. This guy is human not spiderman.

Quire possibly. But you don't know that for certain, do you?

petegz28
08-14-2007, 03:36 PM
It doesn't, actually. All it proves is that that scene was filmed close to road.

Ok well let me ask you...which do you think sells better, a man stranded somewhere or a man playing little boy games next to a road?

Donger
08-14-2007, 03:37 PM
Ok well let me ask you...which do you think sells better, a man stranded somewhere or a man playing little boy games next to a road?

That's rhetorical, I assume?

petegz28
08-14-2007, 03:39 PM
That's rhetorical, I assume?

Well I am trying to figure out what motive one would have for implying something other than fact?

Face it the guy is a fake.

Man vs. Wild....next to the 101 highway!! ROFL ROFL

Delano
08-14-2007, 03:40 PM
This quote from the wiki basically sums up ol' Bear.

"All his recommendations play to the audiences fear, and his stunts are needlessly dramatic."

Donger
08-14-2007, 03:49 PM
Well I am trying to figure out what motive one would have for implying something other than fact?

Face it the guy is a fake.

Man vs. Wild....next to the 101 highway!! ROFL ROFL

As I understand it, he was in the SAS, flew over Everest (or something), etc. So, he's got the skills.

Did I think for a second that the Discovery Channel show wasn't staged? Errr, no. No more than any other 'reality' TV show.

Does anyone?

Donger
08-14-2007, 03:50 PM
This quote from the wiki basically sums up ol' Bear.

"All his recommendations play to the audiences fear, and his stunts are needlessly dramatic."

Yes, that's a good summation. Throw in the fact that American women are suckers for British accents, and it's complete.

petegz28
08-14-2007, 03:51 PM
FAKER!!!!

Delano
08-14-2007, 03:55 PM
Yes, that's a good summation. Throw in the fact that American women are suckers for British accents, and it's complete.

Yeah. My wife found Bear's accent attractive until he vividly described urinating on a handerchief and wrapping it around his face for survival. That ruined it.

DJay23
08-14-2007, 04:09 PM
I love how some of you are jizzing all over Survivorman now, another EDITED television show on survival.

Bear has a lot of personality and is more entertaining despite some of the things he does being less than realistic. Les Stroud seems kind of whiny and boring.

I watch both shows by the way.

Donger
08-14-2007, 04:12 PM
Yeah. My wife found Bear's accent attractive until he vividly described urinating on a handerchief and wrapping it around his face for survival. That ruined it.

Weird.

It was at that point in the show that my wife stripped naked, tore my clothes off and yelled, "Use your Australian accent, B*TCH!"