PDA

View Full Version : John Gibson is a sack of shit

Ultra Peanut
08-14-2007, 05:31 PM
http://mediamatters.org/items/200708140001?f=h_latest

Bowser
08-14-2007, 05:47 PM
Is it mockery, or is it jealousy? No better way to get your fifteen minutes of fame than how these douchetards did it.

And yes - sack of shit is succinct.

HolmeZz
08-14-2007, 06:02 PM
Being a sack of shit is a prerequisite for getting a job at Fox.

And the funniest part of the whole thing is the underlying hypocrisy. The previous caller was talking about how people have forgotten what it was like after 9/11 and then Gibson proceeded to mock Stewart for his reaction to the attacks.

Taco John
08-14-2007, 06:07 PM
Praying for another 9/11...

CHIEF4EVER
08-14-2007, 06:18 PM

Versus being totally lucid and getting a job at the Communist News Network (aka CNN)? :rolleyes:

Both networks have people who do COMMENTARY that is partisan. One right wing, the other left respectively. The news that is delivered is pretty much the same. Focus on that unless you just want to bitch about someone not agreeing with you.

Dave Lane
08-14-2007, 06:20 PM
May the Flying Spaghetti Monster help us...

Dave

HolmeZz
08-14-2007, 06:38 PM
Versus being totally lucid and getting a job at the Communist News Network (aka CNN)? :rolleyes:

Both networks have people who do COMMENTARY that is partisan. One right wing, the other left respectively. The news that is delivered is pretty much the same. Focus on that unless you just want to bitch about someone not agreeing with you.

You go on and on about how the news presented is fair and balanced, but you wouldn't be able to explain this:

http://silenceisdefeat.org/~chris/blog/images/foxnewskipsronpaul.jpg

Jenson71
08-14-2007, 06:38 PM
"ANGRY RICH: Let me bash Bush for the next six years."

As if Bush should be covered in a blanket of protection against all criticism because he was in office when 9/11 occured.

Bush and his administration deserve all the criticism for the way they have butchered America's opportunities in foreign and domestic support post 9/11.

go bowe
08-14-2007, 06:41 PM
John Gibson is a sack of shithttp://mediamatters.org/items/200708140001?f=h_latest oooh, oooh...

can i light the sack?

irishjayhawk
08-14-2007, 06:46 PM
May the Flying Spaghetti Monster help us...

Dave

RA-frigin-men

CHIEF4EVER
08-14-2007, 06:56 PM
"ANGRY RICH: Let me bash Bush for the next six years."

As if Bush should be covered in a blanket of protection against all criticism because he was in office when 9/11 occured.

Bush and his administration deserve all the criticism for the way they have butchered America's opportunities in foreign and domestic support post 9/11.
Not defending the moron but if you want to assign blame, let's put a fair share where it belongs. Clintoris had the opportunity to get Bin Nutball on a silver platter with NO bloodshed but refused not once but TWICE. Clintoris botched the 'relief effort' in a muslim country so bad he created the 'Blackhawk Down' incident. Clintoris took NO action after the WTC bombing of 1993. Need I continue? Let's leave the partisan bullshit (like I just posted) out of this and focus on where we went wrong and what could be done better.

HolmeZz
08-14-2007, 06:59 PM
Don't ignore me, C4E. If Fox does present the news fair and balanced why did they conveniently leave Ron Paul off the Iowa straw poll results?

Jenson71
08-14-2007, 07:03 PM
Not defending the moron but if you want to assign blame, let's put a fair share where it belongs. Clintoris had the opportunity to get Bin Nutball on a silver platter with NO bloodshed but refused not once but TWICE. Clintoris botched the 'relief effort' in a muslim country so bad he created the 'Blackhawk Down' incident. Clintoris took NO action after the WTC bombing of 1993. Need I continue? Let's leave the partisan bullshit (like I just posted) out of this and focus on where we went wrong and what could be done better.

I'm certainly not assigning blame for 9/11 on Bush. I agree with kind of what you're saying, CHIEF4EVER. That this can not be blamed on a particular administration. But I think you and I would disagree entirely on post 9/11 events and happenings and how they were handled.

Adept Havelock
08-14-2007, 07:07 PM
Don't ignore me, C4E. If Fox does present the news fair and balanced why did they conveniently leave Ron Paul off the Iowa straw poll results?

QFT from the WS thread.

To help shape public opinion...

CHIEF4EVER
08-14-2007, 07:13 PM
I'm certainly not assigning blame for 9/11 on Bush. I agree with kind of what you're saying, CHIEF4EVER. That this can not be blamed on a particular administration. But I think you and I would disagree entirely on post 9/11 events and happenings and how they were handled.

No, I think Bush and Co 'screwed the pooch' (a nice way of saying 'totally ****ed the dog') post 9/11. I don't disagree with removing So Damn Insane but the manner in which it was done is just idiotic. We won the fight, OK, that was never in doubt IMO. But it seems the dumbasses in charge never gave a thought to what happens AFTER the fight is over. Too few 'joes' to keep the peace. That was our big downfall from the beginning. IF we should have went into Iraq, we should have done it with half a million troops. That way, the peace would have been assured between the factions AFTER the fighting.

banyon
08-14-2007, 07:13 PM

And the funniest part of the whole thing is the underlying hypocrisy. The previous caller was talking about how people have forgotten what it was like after 9/11 and then Gibson proceeded to mock Stewart for his reaction to the attacks.

I have to disagree. I think the funniest part was this exchange:

CALLER: You know, John, I have -- I love your show. First, I want to say you're one of my great idols. I listen to you everyday.

GIBSON: You do?

Translation: What's wrong with you? I'm your IDOL? There are people out there stupid enough to spew my hate filled retardation not just today, but every day?

banyon
08-14-2007, 07:14 PM

*Crickets*

Direckshun
08-14-2007, 08:12 PM
How could you be offended by Gibson's little clip there? It didn't even make sense.

CHIEF4EVER
08-14-2007, 08:17 PM
How could you be offended by Gibson's little clip there? It didn't even make sense.

No shit. Hilarious how people get bent out of shape about shit so stupid.

KC Jones
08-14-2007, 09:06 PM
That's pretty disgusting... not surprised though. There is nothing too low for today's GOP to stoop to.

Dallas Chief
08-14-2007, 09:43 PM
IMO, Mr. Jon Stewart deserves to get what he dishes out on folks everyday. BUT to mock him for his reaction to 9/11 is not only out of line, but a totally scumbag thing to do. What a pig! Period.

I am not surprised at the source of the information though. It might as well have come from a newspaper from Eugene, OR. One only has to look at the other stories posted on the website to determine their political bent. I don't doubt the accuaracy of the report, just the additional commentary provided by the self proclaimed "progressive" site.

Dallas Chief
08-14-2007, 09:46 PM
That's pretty disgusting... not surprised though. There is nothing too low for today's GOP to stoop to.
I tell ya, it's that Vast Right Wing Conspiracy.

Pitt Gorilla
08-14-2007, 11:15 PM
IMO, Mr. Jon Stewart deserves to get what he dishes out on folks everyday. BUT to mock him for his reaction to 9/11 is not only out of line, but a totally scumbag thing to do. What a pig! Period.

I am not surprised at the source of the information though. It might as well have come from a newspaper from Eugene, OR. One only has to look at the other stories posted on the website to determine their political bent. I don't doubt the accuaracy of the report, just the additional commentary provided by the self proclaimed "progressive" site.Doubt the accuracy of what report? The audio is on the site.

Taco John
08-14-2007, 11:16 PM

How is it that you can watch John Gibson talk about America needing another 9/11, and turn around and use it as an opportunity to attack the Clintons? We've had 7 years since Bill Clinton was in office.

Taco John
08-14-2007, 11:20 PM
I am not surprised at the source of the information though.

John Gibson is the source of the information.

Dallas Chief
08-14-2007, 11:23 PM
Doubt the accuracy of what report? The audio is on the site.
I said I didn't doubt the accuracy. I guess authenticity would have been a better word.

Dallas Chief
08-14-2007, 11:24 PM
John Gibson is the source of the information.
The website in reference. Media Matters...

CHIEF4EVER
08-15-2007, 03:17 AM
How is it that you can watch John Gibson talk about America needing another 9/11, and turn around and use it as an opportunity to attack the Clintons? We've had 7 years since Bill Clinton was in office.

Didn't realize there was a time limit for incompetence in your world TJ.

chagrin
08-15-2007, 05:44 AM

Because he's insignifigant everywhere outside of this little board.

How does this mean they are not fair and balanced, sorry homey - you're reaching.

Ultra Peanut
08-15-2007, 06:30 AM

How does this mean they are not fair and balanced, sorry homey - you're reaching.If he's insignificant, what does that say about the candidates he finished way ahead of? Why did FOX News think those guys were significant?

KC Jones
08-15-2007, 09:00 AM
I tell ya, it's that Vast Right Wing Conspiracy.

what is?

Mi_chief_fan
08-15-2007, 09:07 AM

This is true in some instances, but to say what Gibson was doing was "commentary" is laughable. It was a sick attempt at humor, and it backfired.

Taco John
08-15-2007, 09:25 AM
Didn't realize there was a time limit for incompetence in your world TJ.

There is. At some point, you've got to stop crying about the last guy, and focus on the here and now. I would think 7 years would be more than enough time. Get over it already.

Baby Lee
08-15-2007, 10:18 AM
He called Jon a phony? Olbermann should nominate his for Worst Person in the World.

Cochise
08-15-2007, 10:37 AM
If he's insignificant, what does that say about the candidates he finished way ahead of? Why did FOX News think those guys were significant?

Because they didn't campaign in Iowa.

Hooray for being obtuse :rolleyes:

HolmeZz
08-15-2007, 10:46 AM

How does this mean they are not fair and balanced, sorry homey - you're reaching.

So he's not significant, but Tommy Thompson was? Or Brownback?

As irrelevant as it was, they blatantly misrepresented the straw poll results.

HolmeZz
08-15-2007, 10:54 AM
Because they didn't campaign in Iowa.

Hooray for being obtuse :rolleyes:

So why was showing their results significant?

SNR
08-15-2007, 11:18 AM

How does this mean they are not fair and balanced, sorry homey - you're reaching.This little board? Try the entire ****ing internet, dude. It's the only thing that's keeping Ron in this, and it's only a matter of time before the old farts outside hear the message.

Did you really think only Chiefsplanet knew about Ron Paul?

Jenson71
08-15-2007, 01:15 PM
I went to see Hillary Clinton yesterday in Dubuque. Outside of the center where she was talking was a Ron Paul supporter with signs on a corner. I asked her how she knew about Paul. She said chiefsplanet. It's a small world, I guess.

:rolleyes:

(The story above is true, except the chiefsplanet part) And I wore my Ron Paul t-shirt and people asked me what's going on? Some guy was like "the young people like him don't they." I said, nope, just chiefsplanet.

StcChief
08-15-2007, 02:21 PM
I went to see Hillary Clinton yesterday in Dubuque. Outside of the center where she was talking was a Ron Paul supporter with signs on a corner. I asked her how she knew about Paul. She said chiefsplanet. It's a small world, I guess.

(The story above is true, except the chiefsplanet part) And I wore my Ron Paul t-shirt and people asked me what's going on? Some guy was like "the young people like him don't they." I said, nope, just chiefsplanet.where were sHillary folks to hustle you out.

Cochise
08-15-2007, 02:26 PM

(The story above is true, except the chiefsplanet part) And I wore my Ron Paul t-shirt and people asked me what's going on? Some guy was like "the young people like him don't they." I said, nope, just chiefsplanet.

An odd corollary to that is that on Chiefsplanet you always hear people say they don't know anyone who would ever vote for Hillary, and yet there are always people at these rallies and answering pollsters with her name.

Jenson71
08-15-2007, 02:31 PM
An odd corollary to that is that on Chiefsplanet you always hear people say they don't know anyone who would ever vote for Hillary, and yet there are always people at these rallies and answering pollsters with her name.

I agree with this. It is kind of weird, because I personally don't know anyone that is really set on voting for Hillary, even my democratic relatives I'm basically living with now. And like you said, the rally I went to yesterday was PACKED. People standing it was so full. They loved her.

Jenson71
08-15-2007, 02:34 PM
where were sHillary folks to hustle you out.

One young woman gave me a puzzled look "You know you're wearing a Ron Paul shirt, right?"

I should said "Yeah would you like to buy one?" But I just kinda laughed.

Cochise
08-15-2007, 02:41 PM
I agree with this. It is kind of weird, because I personally don't know anyone that is really set on voting for Hillary, even my democratic relatives I'm basically living with now. And like you said, the rally I went to yesterday was PACKED. People standing it was so full. They loved her.

I've seen a few Hillary bumper stickers and a few Ron Paul ones. Saw a guy wearing an Obama t-shirt at the gym once (not sure why he was exercising, since that causes global warming and all). That's all I can remember seeing so far though. I don't think the general public is all that concerned about it yet.

CHIEF4EVER
08-15-2007, 02:59 PM
There is. At some point, you've got to stop crying about the last guy, and focus on the here and now. I would think 7 years would be more than enough time. Get over it already.

Nice spin TJ but the 'here and now' was CAUSED by that retarded womanizer. If people are going to bash the current dumbass for things that were caused by his mistakes, then all current events caused by failures of previous leaders are fair game. No time limit homie.

Taco John
08-15-2007, 03:45 PM
Nice spin TJ but the 'here and now' was CAUSED by that retarded womanizer.

No it wasn't. Not even close. Clinton didn't invade Iraq under false pretenses. He didn't mis-allocate the number of troops it would take to get the job done. He didn't disband the Iraqi army. He didn't declare victory before victory had been sealed.

I'm not the one who's spinning anything here.

Taco John
08-15-2007, 03:47 PM
I still fail to see what John Gibson wishing a terrorist attack on America has anything to do with Clinton.

CHIEF4EVER
08-15-2007, 04:16 PM
No it wasn't. Not even close. Clinton didn't invade Iraq under false pretenses. He didn't mis-allocate the number of troops it would take to get the job done. He didn't disband the Iraqi army. He didn't declare victory before victory had been sealed.

I'm not the one who's spinning anything here.
Actually, if you would take WJC's crank out of your mouth long enough to be objective, he IS responsible in a large part for our current lot. HIS dumbass decision to NOT take OBL when he had the chance CAUSED the attack on 9/11. The catalyst for all that has happened since.

HolmeZz
08-15-2007, 04:30 PM
9/11?

http://images.usatoday.com/sports/nba/_photos2/2002-05-07-iverson2.jpg

We talkin' 'bout Iraq, man.

CHIEF4EVER
08-15-2007, 04:37 PM
9/11?

We talkin' 'bout Iraq, man.

You ain't jiggy wit' what's goin' down dawg. 9/11 and the threat of terror on a grand scale is the excuse for every military action we have taken since then. No OBL and homies makin noise, no 9/11. Your homie, Billizzle Clintizzle, helped make it all happen my dizzle.

Ultra Peanut
08-15-2007, 04:47 PM
You're ****ing retarded.

CHIEF4EVER
08-15-2007, 04:58 PM
You're ****ing retarded.

Coming from an inbred morphodite like yourself, I will take that as a compliment. An obvious lack of education and intelligence prevents you from formulating a coherent argument. Shall we exchange MORE insults? I got a million of em'. :p

patteeu
08-15-2007, 05:04 PM
So he's not significant, but Tommy Thompson was? Or Brownback?

As irrelevant as it was, they blatantly misrepresented the straw poll results.

They included Tommy Thompson because he had said that he'd drop out if he didn't finish in the top 2 prior to the event so his result was particularly newsworthy.

They included Sam Brownback because he had been one of the most active campaigners in Iowa and he had been the favorite to finish second to Romney until the very end when Huckabee gained strength. The fact that he lost to Huckabee was newsworthy for that reason.

I happen to think that Ron Paul's counter-culture campaign getting almost 10% of the vote ought to have been newsworthy so I think Fox got this wrong, but I don't think it's intentional propoganda as much as it's just a flawed decision.

BucEyedPea
08-15-2007, 05:09 PM
...but I don't think it's intentional propoganda as much as it's just a flawed decision.
I certainly think that visually posting all the candidates total percentages in a tally on TV but skipping Paul's is intentiona propaganda.

Mi_chief_fan
08-15-2007, 05:14 PM
I really don't understand this discussion. How could anyone, even those who listen to Gibson and respect his point of views, possibly defend what he's said? And I understand that there will always be hatred of the Clintons, but what did they have to do with what Gibson said?

Or am I missing something?

patteeu
08-15-2007, 05:32 PM
I certainly think that visually posting all the candidates total percentages in a tally on TV but skipping Paul's is intentiona propaganda.

Maybe. :shrug:

Taco John
08-15-2007, 05:55 PM
Actually, if you would take WJC's crank out of your mouth long enough to be objective, he IS responsible in a large part for our current lot. HIS dumbass decision to NOT take OBL when he had the chance CAUSED the attack on 9/11. The catalyst for all that has happened since.

There's no reasoning with you. I don't care about Clinton. I just can't understand how he got injected into this conversation. I would think I'd have to be actually saying something about Clinton in order to justify your crank i the mouth comment. You can **** off.

Taco John
08-15-2007, 05:57 PM
Coming from an inbred morphodite like yourself, I will take that as a compliment. An obvious lack of education and intelligence prevents you from formulating a coherent argument. Shall we exchange MORE insults? I got a million of em'. :p

What's going on here? Is this another Kotter account? Why are you acting like such a tool?

Mi_chief_fan
08-15-2007, 07:50 PM
There's no reasoning with you. I don't care about Clinton. I just can't understand how he got injected into this conversation. I would think I'd have to be actually saying something about Clinton in order to justify your crank i the mouth comment. You can **** off.

Outside of being a donkey fan, you seem fairly intelligent.

Logical
08-15-2007, 07:57 PM
I have asked you before to prove Clinton had the chance to take out OBL and you never responded. I have done the research and at best that is only speculation not fact as you present it.

By the way Clinton is a tool, but TJ is not.

go bowe
08-15-2007, 09:35 PM

How does this mean they are not fair and balanced, sorry homey - you're reaching.so, now it's a little board...

the other day it was a shitty message board...

insignificant everywhere outside this little board?

who the f#ck are you to say that?

you're just a whiny little bitch...

or is it shitty little bitch...

maby a whiny, shitty little bitch...

what do you think, asshole?

HolmeZz
08-15-2007, 09:40 PM
If Chiefsplanet alone was able to place Ron Paul 4th in the straw poll, imagine what he could do if he tries to expand his base. The possibilities are infinite.

CHIEF4EVER
08-16-2007, 02:35 AM
What's going on here? Is this another Kotter account? Why are you acting like such a tool?
I would say that was a rather harsh and coarse response to him referring to me as "a ****ing retard". Thanks for your concern.

CHIEF4EVER
08-16-2007, 02:41 AM
I have asked you before to prove Clinton had the chance to take out OBL and you never responded. I have done the research and at best that is only speculation not fact as you present it.

This took all of 5 minutes. Bill Clintoris and Sandy Burglar really effed this up. They could have, through the same back channels, covertly had Bin Laden delivered so they could make him 'disappear'. And before anyone tries to feign outrage at such a notion, there is a reason why the CIA has people who do 'wet work'. And if anyone thinks some of our enemies don't just 'disappear', they are hopelessly naive.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/sudan_offered_to_arrest_bin_laden.html

Dave Lane
08-16-2007, 01:49 PM

Actually, the idea that you have a modicum of intelligence and education is a big an insult as you can pay us.

Dave

go bowe
09-05-2007, 11:22 AM
Coming from an inbred morphodite like yourself, I will take that as a compliment. An obvious lack of education and intelligence prevents you from formulating a coherent argument. Shall we exchange MORE insults? I got a million of em'. :pmorphodite?

i couldn't find that word in the microsoft dictionary...

besides, around here callng someone a ****in' retard is pretty much standard stuff...

imo, making derogatory comments about a person's sexual orientation is far worse than being called a ****in' retard...

and who said we have to post coherent arguments?

if that's the rule, i won't be able to post anymore... :( :( :(

dang it... :deevee: :deevee: :deevee:

go bowe
09-05-2007, 11:30 AM
Actually, the idea that you have a modicum of intelligence and education is a big an insult as you can pay us.

Daveyerah, i had some modicome of inteligence an edumication untill i startedf posthing in htis thred...

thanks a lot dabe... :p :p :p