PDA

View Full Version : New iMac

irishjayhawk
08-15-2007, 07:58 PM
All I can say is wow. I'm impressed. I picked myself up the 24" right after they announced it and I got it today. It's awesome.

A few things if someone is thinking about getting it:

The hubub about glossy screens is rubbish. It's vibrant and the glare is very, very minimal.

The new keyboard does take some getting used to but I think, in the long run, I will fall in love with it. It's thin and the keys are well spaced.

Cochise
08-15-2007, 08:02 PM
I heard a bit on the news about how it's supposed to not have such closed architecture this time around, is that so?

irishjayhawk
08-15-2007, 10:05 PM
I heard a bit on the news about how it's supposed to not have such closed architecture this time around, is that so?

What do you mean?

Baby Lee
08-15-2007, 10:24 PM
What do you mean?
Not enough doors and narrow hallways?

Count Alex's Losses
08-15-2007, 10:34 PM
Macs suck. User-friendly my ass. My laptop died in River Falls and I had to use Nick's Mac for a couple days. It was like pounding nails into my dick. The DVD burning software (Toast) produced really shitty results, too. Thank god for Nero.

irishjayhawk
08-15-2007, 10:44 PM
Macs suck. User-friendly my ass. My laptop died in River Falls and I had to use Nick's Mac for a couple days. It was like pounding nails into my dick. The DVD burning software (Toast) produced really shitty results, too. Thank god for Nero.

To each their own.

Mr Luzcious
08-15-2007, 11:38 PM
Yeah.. I'm not a big fan of macs either. Maybe this one is a step up, we shall see.