PDA

View Full Version : DREAM THEATER Fans

DMAC
08-16-2007, 11:35 AM
In The Presence of Enemies pt 1 and 2

The song has an incredible story behind it so I wanted to see some interpretations and found this.

http://faq.dtnorway.com/question/1098

VERY COOL, check it out.

morphius
08-16-2007, 11:43 AM
I was wondering why there was a Derrick Thomas thread in the media section, hehe

chagrin
08-16-2007, 11:51 AM
That is a load of garbage, written by a euro moron who doesn't know Dream Theater very well. All of their faith based songs, that is to say songs rooted in either Mike or John's beliefs or when they question their beliefs, were just that based on their own thoughts, not a friggin comic book.

Also, I believe I read in a clip from an interview with them Part 1 has much to do with Mike's Alcohol battle - but I could be confusing this part with one of the other songs on the album, but it's one of them.

DMAC
08-16-2007, 11:53 AM
That is a load of garbage, written by a euro moron who doesn't know Dream Theater very well. All of their faith based songs, that is to say songs rooted in either Mike or John's beliefs or when they question their beliefs, were just that based on their own thoughts, not a friggin comic book.

Also, I believe I read in a clip from an interview with them Part 1 has much to do with Mike's Alcohol battle - but I could be confusing this part with one of the other songs on the album, but it's one of them.Uhhh, did you go through that page and read through the comic book?

It IS the lyrics to the entire song.

chagrin
08-16-2007, 11:57 AM
I read a pretty good comparison that some freak wrote about the resemblance of Lateralus with the Qabala - it was much more believable.

chagrin
08-16-2007, 11:58 AM
Uhhh, did you go through that page and read through the comic book?

It IS the lyrics to the entire song.

SIMILAR not verbatim and I still don't believe that they ripped off a comic book. :harumph:

DMAC
08-16-2007, 11:59 AM
SIMILAR not verbatim and I still don't believe that they ripped off a comic book. :harumph:
SIMILAR? ROFL

Dude, it's word for word.

I don't see anything wrong with it. It's a great song.

I actually think it is very cool.

chagrin
08-16-2007, 12:01 PM
SIMILAR? ROFL

Dude, it's word for word.

I don't see anything wrong with it. It's a great song.

I actually think it is very cool.

NEVER! NEVER! NEVER!

talastan
08-16-2007, 12:06 PM
Interesting take...I can see this interpretation.

I love DT, always have and always will!!

chagrin
08-16-2007, 12:46 PM
Interesting take...I can see this interpretation.

I love DT, always have and always will!!

Nice - another fan of the great DT - welcome!

talastan
08-16-2007, 02:56 PM
Yup I've listened to them for about 10 years now. Have got to see them live twice. Once on the Metropolis Pt. 2 tour, and on the Six Degrees Tour.

What other prog bands do you all listen to? My main prog band is early Genesis when Peter Gabriel was lead singer. Rush also is a favorite!

Mr Luzcious
08-16-2007, 03:10 PM

Also, I believe I read in a clip from an interview with them Part 1 has much to do with Mike's Alcohol battle - but I could be confusing this part with one of the other songs on the album, but it's one of them.

I rather hope that this is the case.

DMAC
Yup I've listened to them for about 10 years now. Have got to see them live twice. Once on the Metropolis Pt. 2 tour, and on the Six Degrees Tour.

What other prog bands do you all listen to? My main prog band is early Genesis when Peter Gabriel was lead singer. Rush also is a favorite!
Me and Chagrin love Porcupine Tree.

Mr Luzcious
Me and Chagrin love Porcupine Tree.

Yes, Porcupine Tree is excellent.

DMAC
08-16-2007, 03:15 PM
Yes, Porcupine Tree is excellent.I can tell by your avi!

I think they are excellent as well, but Chag doesnt actually like them at all. I have no idea why. I just like to eff with him about it.

Mr Luzcious
08-16-2007, 03:23 PM
I can tell by your avi!

I think they are excellent as well, but Chag doesnt actually like them at all. I have no idea why. I just like to eff with him about it.

Yeah.. I thought I saw him say something to that effect before, but I wasn't sure.

Mr Luzcious
08-16-2007, 03:25 PM
I've also gotten into Ayreon recently. Oh, and Nightingale as well.

DMAC
08-16-2007, 03:33 PM
I've also gotten into Ayreon recently. Oh, and Nightingale as well.
Man, I have tried so hard to like Ayreon. I just can't. It's too all over the place.

I REALLY like one song...Time Beyond Time from the Into The Electric Castle.

That's it.

Mr Luzcious
08-16-2007, 03:34 PM
Man, I have tried so hard to like Ayreon. I just can't. It's too all over the place.

I REALLY like one song...Time Beyond Time from the Into The Electric Castle.

That's it.

Yeah.. there are only two albums I really like, the first and the last. Into the Electric Castle doesn't do too much for me.

DMAC
08-16-2007, 03:37 PM
Yeah.. there are only two albums I really like, the first and the last. Into the Electric Castle doesn't do too much for me.
I really tried to like Human Equation, but just couldn't.

I also really like Riverside, Yes, No-Man, Rush etc etc

Mr Luzcious
08-16-2007, 03:40 PM
I really tried to like Human Equation, but just couldn't.

I also really like Riverside, Yes, No-Man, Rush etc etc

Oh, yes, I do like Riverside quite a bit, forgot about them. I got an album by the Flower Kings recently too, I've liked it so far.. but I haven't listened to it much yet.