PDA

View Full Version : Something seems wrong with this...

Jilly
08-17-2007, 08:48 AM
So, I've been reading about the earthquake in Peru. 500 dead already and probably more... In a way, I'm glad that I don't have to watch coverage of it all day and night; but in another way, I'm really saddened by our dismissal of it. Maybe I'm not in touch with the news like I should be and this is why I feel this way...imo, I just wish we cared as much about people around the world as we do people in Minnesota or other parts of the US. My thoughts and prayers are with all the people of Peru who have been devastated and hurt and are pained with grief.

Mi_chief_fan
08-17-2007, 09:04 AM
Here's the lead stories on CNN, MSNBC an FOC News:

CNN: The Federal Reserve cutting the bank discount rate by .5

MSNBC:Michael Vick Plea deal

FOX:Utah Miners

All big stories, but your right: the Peruvian earthquake is being under-covered.

StcChief
08-17-2007, 09:05 AM
Who will be the first to send aid....

It won't be our European Allies.

Jilly
08-17-2007, 09:08 AM
I had to dig for it on msnbc

Mi_chief_fan
08-17-2007, 09:20 AM
I had to dig for it on msnbc

I was just flipping through the channels, no mention of it on ANY news network. I think had Mike Vick and Nicole Richey been participating in dogfighting when the earthquake struck, it probably would still overshadow the loss off life.

Taco John
08-17-2007, 09:26 AM
So, I've been reading about the earthquake in Peru. 500 dead already and probably more... In a way, I'm glad that I don't have to watch coverage of it all day and night; but in another way, I'm really saddened by our dismissal of it. Maybe I'm not in touch with the news like I should be and this is why I feel this way...imo, I just wish we cared as much about people around the world as we do people in Minnesota or other parts of the US. My thoughts and prayers are with all the people of Peru who have been devastated and hurt and are pained with grief.

Yes, but Jenna Bush is getting married... And what about Brangelina? Will those kids make it?

Jilly
08-17-2007, 09:51 AM
right and msnbc had a story about lindsey lohan while I had to dig for this story....

patteeu
08-17-2007, 10:08 AM
I think the problem is overcoverage of other stories more than undercoverage of this one, but I try not to get too frustrated with wall-to-wall coverage of a disappearance in Aruba or a runaway bride from the southeast. Afterall, we have the internet and can choose our own news if we want. Of course, it's probably easier for me to say this than some since I don't get cable or satellite TV so I'm not subject to the endless coverage of the major news networks.