PDA

View Full Version : So it's going to be Hillary?

BIG_DADDY
08-17-2007, 10:25 AM
LMAO Certainly seems so out here in the people's republic. Leave it to the Dems to put in someone who just isn't electable. They should just change the name to the Dipshitacratic party right now. What a bunch of losers.

Mr. Laz
08-17-2007, 10:39 AM
wow .... a BD post taking shots at the democratic party.

who'da thunk it?!? :eek:

next he'll be talking about something random like ...... dogs or some such nonsense.

StcChief
08-17-2007, 10:40 AM
run sHillary run.

patteeu
08-17-2007, 11:15 AM
I think Hillary will have her problems, but I think she's more electable than I'd like to believe. It does give the Republicans hope for retaining the WH though.

Cochise
08-17-2007, 11:17 AM
I'm 80% sure she will be the nominee. I started out that way and nothing has happened so far to make me think otherwise.

stevieray
08-17-2007, 11:19 AM
Rodham Clinton will win it all.

I'll even bet that the "spats" with Barry are planned.

Taco John
08-17-2007, 11:23 AM
Yep. I think we're doomed to a HRC presidency.

Mi_chief_fan
08-17-2007, 11:28 AM
I would never vote for her.

StcChief
08-17-2007, 11:34 AM
Billie Jeff says "I get to pick the interns.... No more Fatties."

BIG_DADDY
08-17-2007, 11:38 AM
Yep. I think we're doomed to a HRC presidency.

Dumbass

Ultra Peanut
08-17-2007, 11:41 AM
That is retarded you are retarded.

Cochise
08-17-2007, 11:45 AM
Rodham Clinton will win it all.

I'll even bet that the "spats" with Barry are planned.

This thing has been in the planning stages for more than 10 years. I don't believe that anything that happens involving Hillary is a coincidence.

BIG_DADDY
08-17-2007, 11:46 AM
wow .... a BD post taking shots at the democratic party.

who'da thunk it?!? :eek:

next he'll be talking about something random like ...... dogs or some such nonsense.

I want a good moderate Democrat to run and win, the Republicans have too much power right now. I am VERY, VERY disappointed in the Democratic party, they already should have won the last two elections. That being said I would vote for Satan before Hillary. You want to see the polarization of this country? You ain't seen nothing yet. IF and that is a HUGE IF Hillary gets in shit will hit the fan. I don't think she is electable though. She's got a whole buch of skeletons in her closet and when the Republicans are done with her she will be rode hard and put away wetter than a hole in a gang bang bukkake flick.

BIG_DADDY
08-17-2007, 11:47 AM
That is retarded you are retarded.

Thank you great balless one. :wayne:

Taco John
08-17-2007, 11:52 AM
Dumbass

For agreeing with you? Probably...

patteeu
08-17-2007, 11:53 AM
I would never vote for her.

Keep us informed. I hear a lot of Bush critics say this, but I'm betting that when it comes down to it, most will hold their nose and vote for Hillary. I'll be interested to see exactly when you change your mind.

patteeu
08-17-2007, 11:54 AM
I want a good moderate Democrat to run and win, the Republicans have too much power right now. I am VERY, VERY disappointed in the Democratic party, they already should have won the last two elections. That being said I would vote for Satan before Hillary. You want to see the polarization of this country? You ain't seen nothing yet. IF and that is a HUGE IF Hillary gets in shit will hit the fan. I don't think she is electable though. She's got a whole buch of skeletons in her closet and when the Republicans are done with her she will be rode hard and put away wetter than a hole in a gang bang bukkake flick.

Maybe the democrat takeover of both houses of Congress slipped under your radar? :shrug: :p

BIG_DADDY
08-17-2007, 11:58 AM
Maybe the democrat takeover of both houses of Congress slipped under your radar? :shrug: :p

A good moderate of either party is fine. I have never been big on the whole party affiliation thing. I do mean it when I say I would vote for anyone over Hillary though.

BIG_DADDY
08-17-2007, 12:00 PM
Keep us informed. I hear a lot of Bush critics say this, but I'm betting that when it comes down to it, most will hold their nose and vote for Hillary. I'll be interested to see exactly when you change your mind.

Living in the People's Republic I know A LOT of democrats and very few of them would vote for her. I just don't see the powers that be in this country letting a dyke run the most powerful country in the world.

patteeu
08-17-2007, 12:02 PM
Living in the People's Republic I know A LOT of democrats and very few of them would vote for her. I just don't see the powers that be in this country letting a dyke run the most powerful country in the world.

I bet that a good portion of them eventually pull her lever even if they say they won't at this point. But, of course, you know your friends better than I do.

I hope you're right though. :)

Cochise
08-17-2007, 12:05 PM
I want a good moderate Democrat to run and win...

Fresh out of those too.

Ultra Peanut
08-17-2007, 12:06 PM
Thank you great balless one. :wayne:I can always count on you to make my day brighter with your utter predictability.

Cochise
08-17-2007, 12:08 PM
Just curious BD, but you voiced a strong opposition to Rudy based on his ideas about guns. How would you feel about voting for a 'good moderate democrat', all of whom have at best the same ideas, more than likely, far more extreme ones.

BIG_DADDY
08-17-2007, 12:08 PM
I bet that a good portion of them eventually pull her lever even if they say they won't at this point. But, of course, you know your friends better than I do.

I hope you're right though. :)

Who is the dark horse who is going to step up for the Republican IYO?

MTG#10
08-17-2007, 12:16 PM
The dems could easily win this election because of everyone's hatred for Bush - but they wont because they're ignorant. There will never be a woman or black president. Too many sexist and racist people in this country. I dont think Billary could even win the majority of female votes. Im hoping Fred Thompson will win the Rep nomination. He's the only candidate for either party I somewhat "trust".

patteeu
08-17-2007, 12:16 PM
Who is the dark horse who is going to step up for the Republican IYO?

I think Mitt Romney will win the nomination, but it's really up in the air between Rudy and Romney, IMO. Romney is counting on wins in Iowa and NH to catapult him while Rudy is counting on hanging in there in those two states and having enough in place in the big primary states to overcome Romney's early success. I guess I'd call Fred Thompson the dark horse who I don't see winning but who could slip in if the two front runners falter.

patteeu
08-17-2007, 12:19 PM
The dems could easily win this election because of everyone's hatred for Bush - but they wont because they're ignorant. There will never be a woman or black president. Too many sexist and racist people in this country. I dont think Billary could even win the majority of female votes. Im hoping Fred Thompson will win the Rep nomination. He's the only candidate for either party I somewhat "trust".

I think Hillary will win the majority of the female vote whether she wins the overall election or not. And someday there will be a woman president and a black president. I just hope it's not in 2008.

Cochise
08-17-2007, 12:21 PM
I think Hillary will win the majority of the female vote whether she wins the overall election or not. And someday there will be a woman president and a black president. I just hope it's not in 2008.

Well, the female vote is critical for the democrats to have, but I don't agree with the premise that women are going to vote for Hillary just because she's a woman. I think you would find a much stronger correlation where voters choose 'like' candidates along racial lines. Much, much stronger.

BIG_DADDY
08-17-2007, 12:21 PM
I think Mitt Romney will win the nomination, but it's really up in the air between Rudy and Romney, IMO. Romney is counting on wins in Iowa and NH to catapult him while Rudy is counting on hanging in there in those two states and having enough in place in the big primary states to overcome Romney's early success. I guess I'd call Fred Thompson the dark horse who I don't see winning but who could slip in if the two front runners falter.

I don't think it will be Rudy either.

StcChief
08-17-2007, 12:22 PM

yeah. Hope your right but the women's libbers (not sure their percentage) will see this as opportunity to get a woman in WH.
Just hope the rest of the silent majority see her for what she is.

Ultra Peanut
08-17-2007, 12:48 PM
The dems could easily win this election because of everyone's hatred for Bush - but they wont because they're ignorant. There will never be a woman or black president. Too many sexist and racist people in this country.Don't vote for the person you believe is best for the job, because the people who have a terrible reason for not supporting said person won't vote for them!

I dont think Billary could even win the majority of female votes. Im hoping Fred Thompson will win the Rep nomination. He's the only candidate for either party I somewhat "trust".The fact that you "trust" Fred Thompson is ****ing hilarious.

banyon
08-17-2007, 12:57 PM

I cannot hold my nose that tightly shut to accomplish that.

Ultra Peanut
08-17-2007, 12:58 PM
Good thing it's not going to be Hillary, then.

Even better news is that Obama's got enough crossover appeal to mop the floor with whichever goober the GOP is forced to choose from.

Cochise
08-17-2007, 01:13 PM

You're nuts.

Ultra Peanut
08-17-2007, 01:17 PM
You're nuts.My hope is downright audacious!

Chief Henry
08-17-2007, 01:21 PM
Her thighness will win the be the demcrap nomination. She'll loose to Rudy and his running mate. Which I hope is Congressman Duncan Hunter.

Ultra Peanut
08-17-2007, 01:22 PM
Her thighness will win the be the demcrap nomination. She'll loose to Rudy and his running mate. Which I hope is Congressman Duncan Hunter.I cannot believe you've been posting on this website since you were a toddler.

Chief Henry
08-17-2007, 01:24 PM

I'm trying hard not to imagine Bill Clinton squirting bukkake all over Hillarys face right now..... :cuss: I'm guessing Hillary's never gone down on Bill.

Chief Henry
08-17-2007, 01:26 PM
I cannot believe you've been posting on this website since you were a toddler.

and WHO used the word Goober ?

BucEyedPea
08-17-2007, 01:48 PM
This thing has been in the planning stages for more than 10 years. I don't believe that anything that happens involving Hillary is a coincidence.
Ah! Sounds like a conspiracy theory to me! ;)

pikesome
08-17-2007, 01:57 PM
I'm trying hard not to imagine Bill Clinton squirting bukkake all over Hillarys face right now..... :cuss: I'm guessing Hillary's never gone down on Bill.

Her pecker is probably bigger than his.

Calcountry
08-17-2007, 08:17 PM
The dems could easily win this election because of everyone's hatred for Bush - but they wont because they're ignorant. There will never be a woman or black president. Too many sexist and racist people in this country. I dont think Billary could even win the majority of female votes. Im hoping Fred Thompson will win the Rep nomination. He's the only candidate for either party I somewhat "trust".Bill Clitton never got a majority of the popular vote, remember Perot ran back then.

What makes you on the left think that there are more of you than us conservatives?

Because you have been playing ant-war vietnam patty cake for 3 years?

Calcountry
08-17-2007, 08:24 PM
Her thighness will win the be the demcrap nomination. She'll loose to Rudy and his running mate. Which I hope is Congressman Duncan Hunter.When her motorcade is going down the freeway, they will need a wide-load pilot car to run in front and to HER REAR.

Calcountry
08-17-2007, 08:25 PM
Seriously, do you want the first Female president to be as large a fat ass as Hillary is?

CHIEF4EVER
08-17-2007, 08:32 PM
A shame Condi won't run. She is the Anti-Bush personified (in comparison). He is a stuttering, bumbling moron.....she is tough as nails, brilliant and eloquent. I peg her as our version of Maggie Thatcher.

pikesome
08-17-2007, 10:25 PM
A shame Condi won't run. She is the Anti-Bush personified (in comparison). He is a stuttering, bumbling moron.....she is tough as nails, brilliant and eloquent. I peg her as our version of Maggie Thatcher.

Only not as scary.

I'd vote for her in a heartbeat. Hell, I might so far as to volunteer as part of her campaign.

alnorth
08-17-2007, 10:49 PM

I believe Romney will prevail on the GOP side. Honestly I dont think Thompson has a dying man's chance, with too little money, and WAAAY too late to the dance. Its the Democratic party that tends to vote for the surging surprise upsets, on the GOP side, the nominee gets crowned early. This year is a little different in that we dont have a presumptive favorite, but I would put down a ton of money that it will be Romney or Guiliani.

Pitt Gorilla
08-17-2007, 11:05 PM
Keep us informed. I hear a lot of Bush critics say this, but I'm betting that when it comes down to it, most will hold their nose and vote for Hillary. I'll be interested to see exactly when you change your mind.I won't vote for her.

wazu
08-17-2007, 11:56 PM
I'm 80% sure she will be the nominee. I started out that way and nothing has happened so far to make me think otherwise.

Interesting. That's the exact percentage Rush has been giving her. I guess my prediction that Al Gore would come in and win the whole thing is looking pretty unlikely now.

Nightwish
08-18-2007, 12:44 AM
You want to see the polarization of this country? You ain't seen nothing yet. IF and that is a HUGE IF Hillary gets in shit will hit the fan.
I think that's probably true. However, I think it will likely be all her haters and detractors causing the polarization a lot more than Hillary herself. It'll be bad enough for the Republicans and the right wing just losing the White House, but if they lose it to a woman (most of them seem pretty well stuck in that antique "a woman can't lead" mentality), and worse yet, a Clinton (a name whose shadow they've never been quite able to crawl out from under), well, you know they won't take it lying down. If you think the Bush haters are vocal now, wait until Hillary gets elected and the Republican hate machine gets really ramped up!

ClevelandBronco
08-18-2007, 12:46 AM
Only not as scary.

I'd vote for her in a heartbeat. Hell, I might so far as to volunteer as part of her campaign.

If you guys are up for a campaign to draft Condi, count me in.

ClevelandBronco
08-18-2007, 12:51 AM
I think that's probably true. However, I think it will likely be all her haters and detractors causing the polarization a lot more than Hillary herself...

Dude, I think she "hates" us more than we could ever "hate" her.

Nightwish
08-18-2007, 12:53 AM
A shame Condi won't run. She is the Anti-Bush personified (in comparison). He is a stuttering, bumbling moron.....she is tough as nails, brilliant and eloquent. I peg her as our version of Maggie Thatcher.I don't particularly dislike Condi, but she's as much a politician as the rest. She'll never get my vote for the simple fact that she was way too willing a participant in the chicanery of selling the Iraq war. The fact that she seems to have distanced herself somewhat from Bush in these late rounds makes it look more like she's just seeking the favorable political winds.

I don't particularly like or dislike Hillary, no strong feelings either way. On the Republican side of things, there were only ever three candidates who stood a chance of getting my vote, and of those three, I've lost all interest in Giuliani, McCain seems all but out of it, and only Ron Paul remains. If Hillary gets the Dem nomination, and Ron Paul or John McCain isn't the Republican nominee, then I'll vote for Hillary. If Paul does miraculously get the nod, then I'll vote for him, unless Obama is the Dem candidate. If it comes down to Hillary and McCain, or Ron Paul and Obama, I'll have to roll the dice.

Logical
08-18-2007, 12:54 AM
I will either not vote major party or vote for someone not running as Republican right now.

Nightwish
08-18-2007, 12:54 AM
Dude, I think she "hates" us more than we could ever "hate" her.
Judging from all the rhetoric that's already going around, I highly doubt that.

Logical
08-18-2007, 01:11 AM

I think you are likely going to be dissappointed. I see HRC in our future.

CHIEF4EVER
08-18-2007, 02:21 AM
I don't particularly dislike Condi, but she's as much a politician as the rest. She'll never get my vote for the simple fact that she was way too willing a participant in the chicanery of selling the Iraq war. The fact that she seems to have distanced herself somewhat from Bush in these late rounds makes it look more like she's just seeking the favorable political winds.

I don't particularly like or dislike Hillary, no strong feelings either way. On the Republican side of things, there were only ever three candidates who stood a chance of getting my vote, and of those three, I've lost all interest in Giuliani, McCain seems all but out of it, and only Ron Paul remains. If Hillary gets the Dem nomination, and Ron Paul or John McCain isn't the Republican nominee, then I'll vote for Hillary. If Paul does miraculously get the nod, then I'll vote for him, unless Obama is the Dem candidate. If it comes down to Hillary and McCain, or Ron Paul and Obama, I'll have to roll the dice.
It's irrelevant at this point. She hasn't declared and she won't. At least not this election cycle. If she did, I would pimp her shamelessly. We have almost 300 million people in this nation.....why can't we get ONE effing candidate that is worth a shit? JUST ONE DAMMIT!

end of rant

BucEyedPea
08-18-2007, 10:13 AM
I wouldn't vote for Condi either.
I do consider her intelligent and capable though.
I feel the same about Hillary. I just don't like her ideology and being capable makes it more likely to get it passed.

My reasons on Condi is her role in getting us into the Iraqi mess....eventhough she's supposed to have been a protege of Brent Scowcroft who was against it. To her credit she has gone back to that camp regarding Iran even if she is being marginalized for it by the NeoCons. So at least she learns from it. Still, she's an internationalist like most leading Pubs....which has always been a bone with me in the Republican party except for certain situations.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-18-2007, 10:21 AM
LMAO Certainly seems so out here in the people's republic. Leave it to the Dems to put in someone who just isn't electable. They should just change the name to the Dipshitacratic party right now. What a bunch of losers.
I'm gonna save this quote for sig material when Hillary wins.

LMAO

patteeu
08-18-2007, 10:34 AM
I will either not vote major party or vote for someone not running as Republican right now.

In other words, you're taking the Mitt Romney option off the table but Hillary is still in play for you? Nice.

jAZ
08-18-2007, 10:44 AM
I'd vote for Hillary over all of the Republicans running right now (shocking, I know). I'd vote forthe candidates in this order:

Gore - D (has the full package to be a good President... proven experience)

Clark - D (has potential to be a great President... limited proven experience)

Obama - D (has the full package to be a great presient... a little green)

Powell - R (Hard time trusting his judgement after UN, he would be #1 overall otherwise)

Biden - D (can't keep his foot out of his mouth, but I trust him on the issues)

Richardson - D (great experience)

Hillary - D (she'll do a good job, having Bill back in the WH will help fix a lot that's broken)

Edwards - D (not sold on him)

Dodd - D (same, not sold on him)

McCain - R (Like his policies best of R's)

Huckabee - R (don't like his policies, but trust him a lot... he's no Dubya)

Kucinich - D (he's a pacifist, no go for President)

Paul - R (his policies are extreme, IMO... but he'd not likely be able to enforce much of them

Gravel - D (Existential Gravel)

Romney - R (he'll do or say anything to get elected, but he'll do little damage when he's in office)

Thompson - R (he's phoney, but arrogant enough to not be a tool of NeoCons/Cheney/Rove like Bush was)

Tancredo - R (he's a little radical, IMO)

Brownback - R (don't like his policies, don't really trust him)

Hunter - R (I think he's corrupt)

Rudy - R (Like many of his policies before he abandoned them... He's Dubya 2... an empty cavern of foreign policy experience being filled by the NeoCons)

Newt - R (Imagine if Rove was President)

CHIEF4EVER
08-18-2007, 10:48 AM
[Quote]Hillary - D (she'll do a good job, having Bill back in the WH will help fix a lot that's broken)

LMAO

jAZ
08-18-2007, 10:49 AM
Right now, Hillary and Obama are outpolling everyone head to head.

That's rather shocking to me.

That tells me that Hillary can win a General election.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/national.html

BucEyedPea
08-18-2007, 10:51 AM
Newt - R (Imagine if Rove was President)

I think he's gonna announce he'll run based on what he was saying on Greta Van Susternan's show last night. He's pushing all the right emotional buttons with disaffected Republicans....but I suspect he's posturing. I suspect he's running because the GOP leadership has admitted that the passion in the base is for Newt or Paul. Since he's an AEI/PNAC NeoCon this could just be the strategy they need to siphon votes from Paul and keep the same policies in play, especially to those who think he's a conservative.

stevieray
08-18-2007, 10:57 AM
Hillary - having Bill back in the WH

This sums it up nicely...Clinton uses Rodham/Clinton to absolve Clinton.

Nightwish
08-18-2007, 10:58 AM
[Quote]Hillary - D (she'll do a good job, having Bill back in the WH will help fix a lot that's broken)

LMAO
I have to agree with jAZ on this one. In spite of his personal character faults, Bill was an expert and able statesman, and economically he presided over one of the most prosperous periods in the 20th century. Many critics try to claim that the economic boon we experienced in the 90s was because of the internet "bubble," and not because of any of the policies of the Clinton WH (and they're wrong, because the boon was the result of several factors, including the internet - which owes a big part of its existence and success to the Clinton WH, Clinton policies, and several other factors on which Clinton may or may not have had any influence). All in all, he was a far better president than Bush 2 has been, a bit better president than Bush 1 was, and at least a comparable president to Reagan.

CHIEF4EVER
08-18-2007, 11:26 AM
I have to agree with jAZ on this one. In spite of his personal character faults, Bill was an expert and able statesman, and economically he presided over one of the most prosperous periods in the 20th century. Many critics try to claim that the economic boon we experienced in the 90s was because of the internet "bubble," and not because of any of the policies of the Clinton WH (and they're wrong, because the boon was the result of several factors, including the internet - which owes a big part of its existence and success to the Clinton WH, Clinton policies, and several other factors on which Clinton may or may not have had any influence). All in all, he was a far better president than Bush 2 has been, a bit better president than Bush 1 was, and at least a comparable president to Reagan.

Not so much. He was a disaster. His foreign policy made Bush 1 look like a genius, the economy was good because of a Republican Congress restraining his spending combined with the Internet Bubble that you mentioned (which popped horribly), he was singularly responsible for 9/11 because of his blunders and he was more corrupt than a mafia boss. Leave out his marital indiscretions.........

Sorry, I don't see his being back on Capitol Hill as advantageous.

Nightwish
08-18-2007, 11:49 AM
Not so much. He was a disaster.
Not so much.

His foreign policy made Bush 1 look like a genius,
Hardly. He gambled more than Bush 1, seemed a bit more trigger happy, and some of it paid off, some of it didn't. Such is the nature of gambling.

the economy was good because of a Republican Congress restraining his spending
Only partially correct. The Republican Congress restrained his spending in some areas, especially wrt social programs. But he also restrained their spending (which threatened to be even more dramatic than his) in other areas, especially wrt military spending. It evened out.

combined with the Internet Bubble that you mentioned (which popped horribly),
Not really. The moment that is generally defined as the "bubble burst," was actually only a slight drop-off, but it triggered a trend in deflation that last for about two years. Nevertheless, at its lowest point, it was still quite a bit higher than when the bubble began. It has also picked up again.

he was singularly responsible for 9/11 because of his blunders
So goes the Republican chant, anyway. Clinton's mistakes had no more or less bearing on 9/11 than those of Reagan, Bush 1 and Bush 2. Without a doubt, Clinton did a lot more, and came a lot closer to catching bin Laden after the 1993 attack, than Bush 2 has done since 9/11. Clinton had actually made arrangements to have him extridicted from Yemen when they captured him, and had him nearly in his grasp, until Yemen decided to renege and let bin Laden go before Clinton could get personnel over to pick him up. Conversely, Bush has all but ignored him. And Reagan/Bush 1 are singularly responsible for his rise to power in the first place.

and he was more corrupt than a mafia boss.
Welcome to the world of US upper echelon politics.

Leave out his marital indiscretions.........
Good idea, since they have no place in a discussion of his effectiveness as a President.

Of course not. Nobody who carries the moniker of "Republican" sees it as advantageous. After all, he was your debbil.

jAZ
08-18-2007, 12:01 PM
Not so much. He was a disaster. His foreign policy made Bush 1 look like a genius, the economy was good because of a Republican Congress restraining his spending combined with the Internet Bubble that you mentioned (which popped horribly), he was singularly responsible for 9/11 because of his blunders and he was more corrupt than a mafia boss. Leave out his marital indiscretions.........

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/politics/DailyNews/poll_clintonlegacy010117.html

You can't trust him, he's got weak morals and ethics — and he's done a heck of a good job. That's the public consensus on Bill Clinton, whose tumultuous presidency ends Saturday.

Despite his prevaricating, his sexual misadventures and his impeachment by Congress, a remarkable 65 percent of Americans approve of the way Clinton has done his job — the best end-of-career rating of any postwar president (one point ahead of Ronald Reagan).

End-of Presidency Job Approval Ratings
Bill Clinton (2001) 65%
Ronald Reagan (1989) 64
Dwight Eisenhower (1961) 59
John F. Kennedy (1963) 63
George Bush (1993) 56
Gerald Ford (1977) 53
Lyndon Johnson (1969) 49
Jimmy Carter (1981) 34
Richard Nixon (1974) 24

CHIEF4EVER
08-18-2007, 12:02 PM
Of course not. Nobody who carries the moniker of "Republican" sees it as advantageous. After all, he was your debbil.

LMAO

I'm not a Republican and thus he is not my designated debbil. I simply see him for the disaster he was (and will be if his cankle sporting wife gets elected).

Bob Dole
08-18-2007, 12:04 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/sections/politics/DailyNews/poll_clintonlegacy010117.html

You can't trust him, he's got weak morals and ethics — and he's done a heck of a good job. That's the public consensus on Bill Clinton, whose tumultuous presidency ends Saturday.

Despite his prevaricating, his sexual misadventures and his impeachment by Congress, a remarkable 65 percent of Americans approve of the way Clinton has done his job — the best end-of-career rating of any postwar president (one point ahead of Ronald Reagan).

End-of Presidency Job Approval Ratings
Bill Clinton (2001) 65%
Ronald Reagan (1989) 64
Dwight Eisenhower (1961) 59
John F. Kennedy (1963) 63
George Bush (1993) 56
Gerald Ford (1977) 53
Lyndon Johnson (1969) 49
Jimmy Carter (1981) 34
Richard Nixon (1974) 24

All that illustrates is that the "Marching Morons" effect is finally upon us.

jAZ
08-18-2007, 12:06 PM
Expect the current President to fall somewhere in the bottom 2.

jAZ
08-18-2007, 12:09 PM
That's a whole lot of bi-partisan approval.

stevieray
08-18-2007, 12:09 PM

....wasting your time, everything and anything regarding Rodham/Clinton will be deflected back to Bush untils she's sworn in...makes sense, since his casatigation is the foundation of her plausibilty.

Taco John
08-18-2007, 01:27 PM
So what you're saying is that Bush has paved the road for Hillary to be elected? Is that what you just said?

stevieray
08-18-2007, 01:40 PM
So what you're saying is that Bush has paved the road for Hillary to be elected? Is that what you just said?

no, I said the six years of castigation paved the way.

Nightwish
08-18-2007, 01:44 PM
no, I said the six years of castigation paved the way.
That's pretty much saying the same thing, since the castigation is based on the misteps, misdeeds, and blatantly myopic decision-making that Bush has engaged in. But you would have been far more accurate had you framed it as TJ did, since it isn't because his critics have castigated and lambasted him that he has lost his party and the support of much of his base, it is because of the foolishness, pig-headedness and corruption that has become an earmark of his administration.

stevieray
08-18-2007, 01:47 PM
That's pretty much saying the same thing, since the castigation is based on the misteps, misdeeds, and blatantly myopic decision-making that Bush has engaged in. But you would have been far more accurate had you framed it as TJ did, since it isn't because his critics have castigated and lambasted him that he has lost his party and the support of much of his base, it is because of the foolishness, pig-headedness and corruption that has become an earmark of his administration.

You have mistaken me for someone who cares about your opinion.

Nightwish
08-18-2007, 01:54 PM
You have mistaken me for someone who cares about your opinion.
Well, if you're content in the belief that Bush's failures are actually the fault of his critics, then enjoy yourself. I'm sure you'll find good company in patteeu, as he is known to share that particular lunacy.

stevieray
08-18-2007, 01:59 PM
Well, if you're content in the belief that Bush's failures are actually the fault of his critics, then enjoy yourself. I'm sure you'll find good company in patteeu, as he is known to share that particular lunacy.

only took you one post for you to be reduced to what you are.

buhbye now...now hurry and get the last word in... ROFL

BIG_DADDY
08-18-2007, 02:12 PM
Right now, Hillary and Obama are outpolling everyone head to head.

That's rather shocking to me.

That tells me that Hillary can win a General election.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/national.html

You're nuckingfuts.

go bowe
08-18-2007, 03:40 PM
You're nuckingfuts.have you ever tried to fut a nucking?

it's tough work...

Nightwish
08-18-2007, 03:48 PM
only took you one post for you to be reduced to what you are.

buhbye now...now hurry and get the last word in... ROFL
Oh? I wasn't aware that I was the one who was reduced to insignificance in a single post. That would be the guy who came out blathering about the people who castigate Bush being to blame for his downfall. Who was that again? I seem to have forgotten.

go bowe
08-18-2007, 05:17 PM
what downfall?

the president is still the president and will be the president until the inauguration of the new president...

wazu
08-18-2007, 05:33 PM
what downfall?

the president is still the president and will be the president until the inauguration of the new president...

Q: "Mr. President, what do you think your legacy will be?"

A: "I managed to finish my second term without being forcibly removed from office. Obviously I was doing something right."

BIG_DADDY
08-18-2007, 05:55 PM

A: "I managed to finish my second term without being forcibly removed from office. Obviously I was doing something right."

I can't stand Bush but here's one for you and you can mark it down. IF we end up controlling the oil in Iraq and maintain that when WWIII hits he will go down as the greatest president of all time. Try that on for a legacy Mr. Adam.

stevieray
08-18-2007, 05:57 PM
what downfall?

you''ll have to excuse nightwish, john, he's too busy deflecting and putting words in my mouth to comprehend the meaning behind the statement...

jAZ
08-18-2007, 06:00 PM
You're nuckingfuts.
That I think she might win? Every presidential election is competitive. She's a better campaigner than Kerry in 2004 and Gore in 2000. She's got the most popular living President by her side. She has the benefit of currently running a general election campaign, and has the Clinton campaign infrastructure all over the country.

Oh, and she even has a HUGE polling lead over all GOP candidates including Rudy and even Thompson in one southern state (guess which one)...
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/clinton_enjoys_big_lead_in_arkansas

New York Senator Hillary Clinton was First Lady of Arkansas before she was First Lady of the United States. That background puts her in a good position to capture the six Electoral College votes Arkansas will cast in Election 2008.

Clinton leads all Republican challengers in Arkansas by huge double digit margins. The closest GOP hopeful is Rudy Giuliani, but he trails Clinton by eighteen percentage points, 55% to 37%. Clinton leads Fred Thompson by nineteen points (55% to 36%), John McCain by 23 points (56% to 33%), and Mitt Romney by 32 points (60% to 32%).

For question wording and responses click here.

Among women voters in Arkansas, none of the Republican candidates tops 34% support and none come within 20 points of Clinton. Clinton also leads all the Republicans among male voters in her former home state, although by somewhat smaller margins.

The potential for any Democrat to win any Southern state is significant. For Clinton, it is especially so given that she is a candidate with very high negatives. Nationally, more than 40% of voters say they will definitely vote against her in 2008. Recent polling found that 51% of voters in Oregon have an unfavorable opinion of Clinton and, as a result, Republican candidates might be competitive there. That’s a Blue State that has voted for the Democrat in every Presidential Election since 1988.

On the other hand, Clinton currently polls well in Michigan and reasonably well in Florida. Other recent general election polls have been conducted in New Hampshire, Colorado, and Ohio.

Overall, 65% of Arkansas voters have a favorable opinion of Clinton while 33% say the opposite.

None of the Republicans come close. Giuliani is viewed favorably by 48%, Thompson by 42%, McCain by 38%, and Romney by 32%.

In Arkansas, 33% say that President Bush is doing a good or excellent job while 47% say poor.

Governor Beebe earns much better reviews—66% good or excellent and 4% poor.

Clinton leads all Democrats in the race for the Presidential nomination both nationally and in New Hampshire. She trails Giuliani in the most recent national telephone survey.

Crosstabs are available to Premium Members only.

I"m just saying she has a chance to win. I think most people generally agree at this point. Whether or not you look forward to that, is something else all together.

Logical
08-18-2007, 06:05 PM
You're nuckingfuts.

I think she will be our President. I am already mentally preparing for it, you should do so as well Troy.

BIG_DADDY
08-18-2007, 06:09 PM
I think she will be our President. I am already mentally preparing for it, you should do so as well Troy.

She is totally corruptable so I'm sure BIG money will love her. That being said I just don't see them handing the most powerful country in the world to a dyke. She has a lot of skeletons in her closet that haven't come out. Should be an interesting run but I would be shocked like a MO if she won. If she did I would see it as the beginning of the end for our country and would plan accordingly.

jAZ
08-18-2007, 06:17 PM
She is totally corruptable so I'm sure BIG money will love her. That being said I just don't see them handing the most powerful country in the world to a dyke. She has a lot of skeletons in her closet that haven't come out. Should be an interesting run but I would be shocked like a MO if she won. If she did I would see it as the beginning of the end for our country and would plan accordingly.
I'll count you among those who don't look forward to Clinton 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Cochise
08-18-2007, 06:21 PM
That I think she might win? Every presidential election is competitive. She's a better campaigner than Kerry in 2004 and Gore in 2000. She's got the most popular living President by her side. She has the benefit of currently running a general election campaign, and has the Clinton campaign infrastructure all over the country.

I don't know how good of a campaigner she is, I don't think she's had to wage one against any opposition before. But it's true what is said here, that the Clinton machine might be the most powerful force in politics.

Obviously, you're nuts to try to predict anyone else coming out of the Democratic field right now, she's got a polling average of something like a 20 point lead.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the ticket end up being Hillary and Edwards, when it's all said and done, the first all female ticket in history.

BIG_DADDY
08-18-2007, 06:25 PM
I'll count you among those who don't look forward to Clinton 2: Electric Boogaloo.

I know the Dems are all giddy about this but IF and that's a BIG IF it happens this country will be divided like never before. From where I stand that may actually be a good thing at this point. The Dems want to stick that far left dyke ass in the highest office in this country I hope they're ready for the fallout that will come with it. You think the military is going to listen to that bitch? You better think again.

stevieray
08-18-2007, 08:33 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see the ticket end up being Hillary and Edwards, when it's all said and done, the first all female ticket in history.

Probably. or the well planned Global "I'm Al Gore..I was the next President of the United States" Warming Rock Tour...Edwards is a strong mini Bill, which prolly puts him in the lead....they'll make sure it's not somene who can upstage SW.

CHIEF4EVER
08-18-2007, 09:01 PM

The citizenry of this country isn't that stupid.....are they? Wait, we elected Dubya and Slick Willie twice each. Oh, shit....we're fooked. ROFL

BTW Jim, in case you missed it in the other thread I am going to post this link here. Just to make sure you get it. You said I never answered your question. http://www.prisonplanet.com/sudan_offered_to_arrest_bin_laden.html

go bowe
08-18-2007, 09:23 PM

A: "I managed to finish my second term without being forcibly removed from office. Obviously I was doing something right."LMAO LMAO LMAO

his legacy?

LMAO LMAO LMAO

go bowe
08-18-2007, 09:30 PM
you''ll have to excuse nightwish, john, he's too busy deflecting and putting words in my mouth to comprehend the meaning behind the statement...excuse nightwish?

sounds kinky...

:D :D :D

HonestChieffan
08-19-2007, 09:09 AM
The longer it goes on the more in trouble the Republicans are. We should be fearful and working to get in front...yet the sad fact..Hillary is pulling ahead at an increasing rate...Why?

1) Shes a smart capable campaigner with a great staff and organization thats been workig toward this for 8 years. Compare that to any Republican...Romney...not even electable on a good day. Thompson...hes fired 3 Campaingn managers so far. Gingrich..smart as hell, not electable. Right now the repubs are doomed without some miracle.

2) The electorate is sick and tired of Far Right and Far left screaming and hollering with no progress on any major issue. Hillary has made the move from her previous leftist appearance to a almost moderate. Smart....dont ever doubtr her brains.

The moderate republicans are desperate for a leader who is not in the back pocket of the religious right nutcases and all the rest of the far right. They will be persuaded to vote for Hillary or not vote because the Republican party has abandoned the moderates in the party.

Obamas a clown and hes done, Edwards is worse.

We Republicans will pay the price for GWB for 8 years.

StcChief
08-19-2007, 09:17 AM
We need a sHillary scandel. Timing is everything.

Come on Bill we know there's another woman somewhere you could be nailing.

HonestChieffan
08-19-2007, 09:48 AM
Sadly...our greatest hope is somethig like that. Its a sad time to be a Republican

wazu
08-19-2007, 10:13 AM
I can't stand Bush but here's one for you and you can mark it down. IF we end up controlling the oil in Iraq and maintain that when WWIII hits he will go down as the greatest president of all time. Try that on for a legacy Mr. Adam.

Last I heard Iraq was awarding all the oil contracts to the Chinese.

HonestChieffan
08-19-2007, 10:55 AM
Last I heard we havent seemed to have had much success in controling a city street much less the oil.

But then its politics so facts are not needed.

patteeu
08-19-2007, 11:02 AM
The longer it goes on the more in trouble the Republicans are. We should be fearful and working to get in front...yet the sad fact..Hillary is pulling ahead at an increasing rate...Why?

1) Shes a smart capable campaigner with a great staff and organization thats been workig toward this for 8 years. Compare that to any Republican...Romney...not even electable on a good day. Thompson...hes fired 3 Campaingn managers so far. Gingrich..smart as hell, not electable. Right now the repubs are doomed without some miracle.

2) The electorate is sick and tired of Far Right and Far left screaming and hollering with no progress on any major issue. Hillary has made the move from her previous leftist appearance to a almost moderate. Smart....dont ever doubtr her brains.

The moderate republicans are desperate for a leader who is not in the back pocket of the religious right nutcases and all the rest of the far right. They will be persuaded to vote for Hillary or not vote because the Republican party has abandoned the moderates in the party.

Obamas a clown and hes done, Edwards is worse.

We Republicans will pay the price for GWB for 8 years.

Huh?

I agree that Hillary is smart and she has a strong campaign organization, and I agree that neither Obama or Edwards is likely to upset her, but other than that I don't really agree.

Romney not electable? :spock:

The GOP has abandoned it's moderates? With people like Guiliani, Romney, and even Thompson running, I don't see how you can say that. None of those three are what I'd call movement conservatives even though all three are trying to emphasize their agreement with conservatives as any Republican nominee has had to do for decades now.

I take it back, I also agree that Gingrich is smart and probably not electable (although I'd put him in the same category as Hillary meaning that if she can find a way to become electable so can Gingrich, but it might have to be a different year). In fact, a Hillary win in 2008 might be the best scenario for a Gingrich presidency in the future.

Taco John
08-19-2007, 06:17 PM
I agree with whoever said Romney is not electable. At the end of the day, you still have to appeal to Evangelicals to win the presidency as a Republican. There isn't a Republican in modern history who has been able to win without them. Romney won't be able to do that.

a1na2
08-19-2007, 09:01 PM
I agree with whoever said Romney is not electable. At the end of the day, you still have to appeal to Evangelicals to win the presidency as a Republican. There isn't a Republican in modern history who has been able to win without them. Romney won't be able to do that.

The election isn't about being a priest, a bishop, or a pastor. It's all about politics. If you want to think that I'd vote for someone because of their religion you have misjudged badly. I'm sure that most typical conservatives think similarly. The RR might do that.

Nightwish
08-19-2007, 10:07 PM
The election isn't about being a priest, a bishop, or a pastor. It's all about politics. If you want to think that I'd vote for someone because of their religion you have misjudged badly. I'm sure that most typical conservatives think similarly. The RR might do that.
Most evangelicals tend to distrust Mormonism. While many may not consider the candidate's religion to be a primary criterion, they will be less likely to vote for someone who openly professes a religion they inherently distrust, than they would be to vote for someone who is, say, irreligious or who doesn't consider religion to be an important focal point in their lives. Not all of them are like that, but there are enough in that voting bloc who are like that to make a considerable impact. For that reason, Romney would be very unlikely to carry a majority of the evangelicals, and without their support, would find it nearly impossible to capture the nomination. Now, if he were to get the nomination, then I can see a lot of the evangelicals who avoided him in the Republican primary nevertheless throwing in their support behind him in the General Election, depending on who he's up against.

ClevelandBronco
08-20-2007, 03:31 AM
Most evangelicals tend to distrust Mormonism.

True in the case of my wife, not true in my case. Unfortunately, many of the Evangelicals I've heard speak on the matter are very distrustful — if not outright hostile — toward Mormonism.

While many may not consider the candidate's religion to be a primary criterion, they will be less likely to vote for someone who openly professes a religion they inherently distrust, than they would be to vote for someone who is, say, irreligious or who doesn't consider religion to be an important focal point in their lives. Not all of them are like that, but there are enough in that voting bloc who are like that to make a considerable impact. For that reason, Romney would be very unlikely to carry a majority of the evangelicals, and without their support, would find it nearly impossible to capture the nomination. Now, if he were to get the nomination, then I can see a lot of the evangelicals who avoided him in the Republican primary nevertheless throwing in their support behind him in the General Election, depending on who he's up against.

I'd like to think you're right about that. I'm not convinced, though. If Evangelicals turn away from a Romney candidacy, they'll get exactly what they deserve.

BIG_DADDY
08-20-2007, 10:50 AM
Last I heard Iraq was awarding all the oil contracts to the Chinese.

You're not following the ball. It doesn't matter who they are giving contract to when the big III hits. It matters who's military controls the region. Everything will change in the blink of an eye.

BIG_DADDY
08-20-2007, 10:52 AM
Last I heard we havent seemed to have had much success in controling a city street much less the oil.

But then its politics so facts are not needed.

At this point I am just going to appologize to gunther fan for me calling him the biggest dumbass on this board.

DenverChief
08-20-2007, 10:59 AM
In the end it will all be about the homosexual vote....if we don't get what we want we will walk around town thumping people on the head with our excessivly large peniseseses......the lesbians will walk around topless....but only the bull-dyke biker type-- lipstick lesbians will put on hair curlers and mud masks

Cochise
08-20-2007, 11:08 AM
Huh?

I agree that Hillary is smart and she has a strong campaign organization, and I agree that neither Obama or Edwards is likely to upset her, but other than that I don't really agree.

Romney not electable? :spock:

The GOP has abandoned it's moderates? With people like Guiliani, Romney, and even Thompson running, I don't see how you can say that. None of those three are what I'd call movement conservatives even though all three are trying to emphasize their agreement with conservatives as any Republican nominee has had to do for decades now.

What I find a little peculiar is the way punditry comes out from the media all the time about the way evangelicals are going to act, how they think, whether they will accept something or not, if they can bring themselves to support Romney or not, etc... I think the media has a pretty low level of understanding of how evangelicals think. It seems that most of this is formulated as either wishful thinking or an attempt at engineering that sentiment.

The idea that the GOP has abandoned its moderates is pretty odd - if anything, moderates are happier this time around and the base is grumbling a bit. I don't know how anyone with an ounce of sense could look at this field and think that they're a bunch of far right wackos and that moderates are sitting in a corner somewhere all ticked off.

I'm not really a believer in Romney to this point, I don't think people are all that enamored with him, they are just looking for a pro-life alternative to the leader of the field right now and he's the most notable.

BucEyedPea
08-20-2007, 11:17 AM

They may not be movement conservatives, but they are still not moderates and especially not on foreign policy. They're actually unknowledgeable in this area so they have advisors....all of whom are neocons, the party's extremists.

BIG_DADDY
08-20-2007, 11:44 AM
In the end it will all be about the homosexual vote....if we don't get what we want we will walk around town thumping people on the head with our excessivly large peniseseses......the lesbians will walk around topless....but only the bull-dyke biker type-- lipstick lesbians will put on hair curlers and mud masks

Yea I'm sure you homo's are chomping at the bit to get a dyke as Commander and Queef.

DenverChief
08-21-2007, 08:51 AM
http://www.kirkcules.com/images/products/T-Shirt/Dumbass_T-Shirt.jpg

BIG_DADDY
08-21-2007, 10:48 AM
http://www.kirkcules.com/images/products/T-Shirt/Dumbass_T-Shirt.jpg

Come on Denver Queef, tell me it's not true. Tell me the gays are are against Hillary.

Logical
08-21-2007, 10:55 AM
You're not following the ball. It doesn't matter who they are giving contract to when the big III hits. It matters who's military controls the region. Everything will change in the blink of an eye.

LOL , you don't really believe that. If we are in the region and at war with China they tactically bomb it and by striking the oil dereks and oil capacity with little American loss of life.

BIG_DADDY
08-21-2007, 11:00 AM
LOL , you don't really believe that. If we are in the region and at war with China they tactically bomb it and by striking the oil dereks and oil capacity with little American loss of life.

There are a lot of things that can happen before then. Other people not having access is as important as us having it. There also will most likely be a lot that leads up to that day. Controlling that oil is important for a many reasons.n I think you already know that.

Logical
08-21-2007, 11:23 AM
There are a lot of things that can happen before then. Other people not having access is as important as us having it. There also will most likely be a lot that leads up to that day. Controlling that oil is important for a many reasons.n I think you already know that.

We don't really control it and that is my point. If we did I might feel differently about the whole Iraq situation.

BIG_DADDY
08-21-2007, 11:32 AM
We don't really control it and that is my point. If we did I might feel differently about the whole Iraq situation.

I know we don't, right now. I think the intention is to stay there forever. If you recall I was never for going there. I am not exactly sure how to feel about it now. The one thing I am sure of is we are not getting any information watching the flippen news.

HolmeZz
10-19-2008, 11:16 AM

I do like how you've gone about transferring your Hillary talking points over to Obama. I know how tough it is to write new material.

jidar
10-19-2008, 08:06 PM
I don't find this thread at all surprising.

HolmeZz
10-19-2008, 08:21 PM
You're nuts.

Whatever happened to Cochise anyway?

Ultra Peanut
10-19-2008, 08:32 PM

Even better news is that Obama's got enough crossover appeal to mop the floor with whichever goober the GOP is forced to choose from.You're nuts.My hope is downright audacious!THE WHISTLES GO

Ultra Peanut
10-19-2008, 08:34 PM
Obama - D (has the full package to be a great presient... a little green)

Powell - R (Hard time trusting his judgement after UN, he would be #1 overall otherwise)

Biden - D (can't keep his foot out of his mouth, but I trust him on the issues)Nice #3-5 list, Justin.

Mr. Laz
10-19-2008, 08:36 PM
Her thighness will win the be the demcrap nomination. She'll loose to Rudy and his running mate. Which I hope is Congressman Duncan Hunter.
brilliant!!!!!!!!!

Ultra Peanut
11-04-2008, 08:45 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1ytCEuuW2_A&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1ytCEuuW2_A&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>