PDA

View Full Version : Would Ron Paul run as VP?

Mr Luzcious
08-18-2007, 12:34 AM
I know he won't run as an independent, but would accept the position of VP?

wazu
08-18-2007, 12:37 AM
I think he would accept it. I don't think there is any way it would be offered.

ClevelandBronco
08-18-2007, 12:37 AM
I can't imagine Ron Paul carrying anyone else's water.

IMO, no way.

Mr Luzcious
08-18-2007, 12:41 AM
I doubt he'll get the nod as presidential candidate, so this is pretty much my last vestige of hope. Tempering the reign of whoever does get elected, hopefully.

ClevelandBronco
08-18-2007, 12:42 AM
I think he would accept it. I don't think there is any way it would be offered.

I see it the opposite way. I wouldn't absolutely rule out a scenario that would include offering him the position. I'd definitely rule out any scenario that would see him accepting the nomination for VP.

wazu
08-18-2007, 12:47 AM
I see it the opposite way. I wouldn't absolutely rule out a scenario that would include offering him the position. I'd definitely rule out any scenario that would see him accepting the nomination for VP.

I think he'd see an opportunity to take his message to a much more powerful platform, and ultimately influence American politics much more than he can do as a congressman. One thing that impresses me about Ron Paul is he seems to lack much of an ego, and genuinely cares most about delivering an honest message.

The neo-con candidates would be crazy to take him on. He'd be in the debates bashing the war that they are busy promoting, and ultimately ensuring that they have no possible chance of getting elected.

Mr Luzcious
08-18-2007, 12:48 AM
I think he'd see an opportunity to take his message to a much more powerful platform, and ultimately influence American politics much more than he can do as a congressman. One thing that impresses me about Ron Paul is he seems to lack much of an ego, and genuinely cares most about delivering an honest message.

The neo-con candidates would be crazy to take him on. He'd be in the debates bashing the war that they are busy promoting, and ultimately ensuring that they have no possible chance of getting elected.

I could almost see him as a running mate with Obama or something, almost. He doesn't really fit with any of the candidates..

Mr Luzcious
08-18-2007, 12:48 AM
I could almost see him as a running mate with Obama or something, almost. He doesn't really fit with any of the candidates..

I guess he'd have to abandon the party then.. but oh well.

Logical
08-18-2007, 12:50 AM
NO, he wants to get his message out, not play second fiddle.

Mr Luzcious
08-18-2007, 12:54 AM
NO, he wants to get his message out, not play second fiddle.

Except that it would be a platform TO get his message out, and he'd be much more prominent in future elections.

ClevelandBronco
08-18-2007, 12:54 AM

His message is incompatible with any candidate from either party, and no presidential nominee will take him on the ticket unless he agrees to shut the hell up or sing backup to the song that's being played on the main stage.

Ron Paul can't sing backup. He's a solo act.

Mr Luzcious
08-18-2007, 12:56 AM
His message is incompatible with any candidate from either party, and no presidential nominee will take him on the ticket unless he agrees to shut the hell up or sing backup to the song that's being played on the main stage.

Ron Paul can't sing backup. He's a solo act.

I suppose you have a point.. party pooper.

New question, who would run as HIS VP?

ClevelandBronco
08-18-2007, 12:56 AM
Except that it would be a platform TO get his message out, and he'd be much more prominent in future elections.

He's too old to matter in future elections. His legacy will have to be his ideas, not his presence.

Bowser
08-18-2007, 12:57 AM
The more I learn this guy the more I like.

ClevelandBronco
08-18-2007, 12:57 AM
I suppose you have a point.. party pooper.

Now that's a hell of a question. Where's BEP when we need her? Taco, are you still awake?

wazu
08-18-2007, 01:00 AM

Thanks, you just restated my point for me. They won't take him on for those reasons. If for some reason they were willing to look past all that and take him anyway, I think he would be glad to take the opportunity to speak his mind to a much larger audience.

Mr Luzcious
08-18-2007, 01:05 AM
Now that's a hell of a question. Where's BEP when we need her? Taco, are you still awake?

Perhaps it merits a new thread, since apparently no one is viewing this one.

ClevelandBronco
08-18-2007, 01:06 AM
The more I learn this guy the more I like.

That's a good thing. When his name comes up in Trivial Pursuit you can tell your grandkids that you actually remember when he ran for President.

"And there was this thing called the Internet back then. Oh, we thought it was the pinnacle of communication. Maybe you think that's silly now, but I can't tell you how much the world has changed. And we can only imagine how different things would be now if we had just elected Ron Paul in aught 8."

"C'mon, tell us about the Ron Paul days, Grandpa."

"Well, it could have been like this, kids..."

Bowser
08-18-2007, 01:08 AM
That's a good thing. When his name comes up in Trivial Pursuit you can tell your grandkids that you actually remember when he ran for President.

"And there was this thing called the Internet back then. Oh, we thought it was the pinnacle of communication. Maybe you think that's silly now, but I can't tell you how much the world has changed. And I can't tell you how different things would be if we had just elected Ron Paul."

"Who am I? What am I doing here?"

Mr Luzcious
08-18-2007, 01:10 AM

"And there was this thing called the Internet back then. Oh, we thought it was the pinnacle of communication. Maybe you think that's silly now, but I can't tell you how much the world has changed. And we can only imagine how different things would be now if we had just elected Ron Paul in aught 8."

Depressing.

ClevelandBronco
08-18-2007, 01:10 AM
"Who am I? What am I doing here?"

Is Adm. Stockdale still available?

ClevelandBronco
08-18-2007, 01:16 AM
Depressing.

I hope it is depressing. Ron Paul will lose.

Fortunately, you get another chance to get some of what you want. Vote accordingly.

Mr Luzcious
08-18-2007, 01:16 AM
I hope it is depressing. Ron Paul will lose.

EDITED!!!.

Yeah, I've already accepted that. As I already stated.

ClevelandBronco
08-18-2007, 01:26 AM
A correction: My bad, Mr Luzcious. I changed the ending of my last answer at the same time you were quoting what I posted originally.

When I saw that I had used the phrase "Move on," I had to change it. I just couldn't let the indirect tie to Soros stand in my post.

Mr Luzcious
08-18-2007, 01:28 AM
A correction: My bad, Mr Luzcious. I changed the ending of my last answer at the same time you were quoting what I posted originally.

When I saw that I had used the phrase "Move on," I had to change it. I just couldn't let the indirect tie to Soros stand in my post.

Haha, ok. Understandable.

Taco John
08-18-2007, 01:57 AM

IMO, no way.

I agree. Ron Paul isn't going to be a VP for any of the current running candidates, even if any of them offered. Speaking for myself, I'd be pretty disappointed if he did.

Taco John
08-18-2007, 02:00 AM

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=4147770&postcount=4

Mr Luzcious
08-18-2007, 02:05 AM
And here's the original site, good stuff. http://www.ronpaulradio.com/

Taco John
08-18-2007, 02:08 AM
I've listened to every one of those. I've had it playing on a loop on my home radio station for the last two weeks. :)

Mr Luzcious
08-18-2007, 02:12 AM
I've listened to every one of those. I've had it playing on a loop on my home radio station for the last two weeks. :)

I hadn't seen it till you posted that link, but I'll definitely be spending some time on those. If I had any idea how to rep (assuming I can rep..), you'd be getting some around now.

patteeu
08-18-2007, 06:05 AM

He's too old to worry about future elections. This is his last hoorah.

BucEyedPea
08-18-2007, 09:44 AM

IMO, no way.
I'd have to agree with you on this too.
I wouldn't want him to anyway, as it's a do-less job* and we'd be better off with him in Congress being Dr. No and reminding the rest of the party what shams they are. I think he'd see it that way as well. ESPECIALLY under any of the big-govt Pub choices ( including Gringrich who I think may still run based on what I saw him say last night on tv.)

* unless you're Dick Cheney

BucEyedPea
08-18-2007, 09:49 AM

I'm hoping...me! :)

If not I'll wanna run the re-Education camps for the rest of the party.

Mr Luzcious,
Don't give up. Vote your conscience.
Don't fall into the electibility game.
If his message was on the msm there'd be more people who'd find they like and vote accordingly too. So keep spreading the word, tell people why you like him despite any naysayers. You can be an influence. Never know what can happen. Change happens with a small amount of dedicated people. Because nothing else out there will be much different from the other despite what CB says. So it's not a wasted vote.

BucEyedPea
08-18-2007, 09:57 AM
I agree. Ron Paul isn't going to be a VP for any of the current running candidates, even if any of them offered. Speaking for myself, I'd be pretty disappointed if he did.

If they did offer, I'd see such an offer as a way to marginalize him even more...to silence.

Taco John
08-18-2007, 11:31 AM
Exactly. Paul's message is bigger than any of these candidates, and he'd see it as signing off as VP as an endorsement of their platforms. It's all or none.

CHIEF4EVER
08-18-2007, 11:53 AM
Exactly. Paul's message is bigger than any of these candidates, and he'd see it as signing off as VP as an endorsement of their platforms. It's all or none.

His message is the RIGHT message and it is too bad that America as a whole is so complacent that they don't recognize it for what it is and vote accordingly. I, for one, will vote for Ron Paul if I have to WRITE HIM IN.

Mr Luzcious
08-18-2007, 09:58 PM
I'm hoping...me! :)

If not I'll wanna run the re-Education camps for the rest of the party.

Mr Luzcious,
Don't give up. Vote your conscience.
Don't fall into the electibility game.
If his message was on the msm there'd be more people who'd find they like and vote accordingly too. So keep spreading the word, tell people why you like him despite any naysayers. You can be an influence. Never know what can happen. Change happens with a small amount of dedicated people. Because nothing else out there will be much different from the other despite what CB says. So it's not a wasted vote.

Yeah, I really don't think he'll be elected, but I still support him. If only because there's not really any alternative I'm willing to support.

Mr Luzcious
08-18-2007, 10:52 PM
And here's the original site, good stuff. http://www.ronpaulradio.com/

LMAO Some of the songs they have on there are quite amusing.