PDA

View Full Version : Should Ron Paul run 3rd party if he doesn't win the GOP nomination?

jAZ
08-18-2007, 11:15 PM
?

ClevelandBronco
08-18-2007, 11:19 PM
You're going to make me move my answers over to this poll then, eh?

Thanks.

If he doesn't win the GOP nomination?

Please.

ClevelandBronco
08-18-2007, 11:21 PM
That's it. And I don't really care whether he supports the party.

Mr Luzcious
08-18-2007, 11:23 PM
That's it. And I don't really care whether he supports the party.

Yeah.. pretty much.

Fishpicker
08-18-2007, 11:24 PM
he might as well run if he doesn't get the nomination... I'm voting for Ron Paul in the primaries and G.E. regardless of the nomination.

ClevelandBronco
08-18-2007, 11:28 PM
he might as well run if he doesn't get the nomination... I'm voting for Ron Paul in the primaries and G.E. regardless of the nomination.

Then you aren't really voting at all.

Fishpicker
08-18-2007, 11:33 PM
Then you aren't really voting at all.

right, I should just sell out & vote for the most-likely-winner. I've tried that before and I regretted the results. you go ahead and be a bitch, see where that gets you.

ClevelandBronco
08-18-2007, 11:36 PM
right, I should just sell out & vote for the most-likely-winner. I've tried that before and I regretted the results. you go ahead and be a bitch, see where that gets you.

I'll vote for the man who will give me more of what I want. I will compromise.

To paraphrase your eloquent post: Go ahead and cry like a bitch who can't have everything she wants. Run away from the way politics works in the U.S. See where that gets you.

Bowser
08-18-2007, 11:37 PM
Well, he would certainly steal votes from the Republican nominee....

ClevelandBronco
08-18-2007, 11:39 PM
Well, he would certainly steal votes from the Republican nominee....

Maybe 2-3%. That certainly wouldn't be good for the GOP.

CHIEF4EVER
08-18-2007, 11:42 PM
Ron has MY vote.

SNR
08-18-2007, 11:44 PM
I'm voting for Ron and said he shouldn't pursue 3rd party. Why? Because that's what he said.

Fishpicker
08-19-2007, 12:01 AM
I'll vote for the man who will give me more of what I want. I will compromise.

To paraphrase your eloquent post: Go ahead and cry like a bitch who can't have everything she wants. Run away from the way politics works in the U.S. See where that gets you.

I'm voting for the one guy that will do away with the BS that I don't want. who's running from the political machination? I won't, I've already decided who to vote for regardless of the outcome. I've already made the compromise... (I'm a former liberal) I'm voting for RP so: the war on drugs will end, the GWoT will end, the federal reserve will come to an end, and maybe the media-opoly will be get wrecked.

I'm voting for Ron Paul so I can rub it in your face later on.

ClevelandBronco
08-19-2007, 12:03 AM
I'm voting for the one guy that will do away with the BS that I don't want.

No, he won't. He has no chance.

who's running from the political machination?

You are, you infant. Grow the **** up.

patteeu
08-19-2007, 06:14 AM
I'm voting for the one guy that will do away with the BS that I don't want. who's running from the political machination? I won't, I've already decided who to vote for regardless of the outcome. I've already made the compromise... (I'm a former liberal) I'm voting for RP so: the war on drugs will end, the GWoT will end, the federal reserve will come to an end, and maybe the media-opoly will be get wrecked.

I'm voting for Ron Paul so I can rub it in your face later on.

I don't have any problem with voting 3rd party or write-in. I've done it many times myself. I can appreciate your first paragraph here, but the second one doesn't make much sense to me. How do you rub it in someone's face when the candidate you supported didn't even register in the final results?

BTW, I voted "Vote GOP, stay in party" in the poll although I don't think there's any reason why Paul should actively support the GOP nominee given that his view of the war is so radically different than that of the eventual GOP nominee.

wazu
08-19-2007, 07:49 AM
I don't think he can run Libertarian after failing to win the Republican nomination. Not sure how all states work, but I know in California and Missouri you can only vote in one primary, and they happen on the same day.

StcChief
08-19-2007, 07:56 AM
Makes sense but can he get 19% like Perot?

Adept Havelock
08-19-2007, 10:04 AM
Ron has MY vote.

SandyVagina, errr..... ClevelandBronco will be along shortly to insult you, your intelligence, and your understanding of the American Political Process.

He also may take a moment to opine on how it all makes Baby Jesus and the ghost of Barry AuH20 cry as well.

Have you no shame, Chief4ever? How can you flippantly ignore the legendary political savvy of SandyVaginaBronco? :p

SNR
08-19-2007, 11:30 AM
SandyVagina, errr..... ClevelandBronco will be along shortly to insult you, your intelligence, and your understanding of the American Political Process.

He also may take a moment to opine on how it all makes Baby Jesus and the ghost of Barry AuH20 cry as well.

Have you no shame, Chief4ever? How can you flippantly ignore the legendary political savvy of SandyVaginaBronco? :pHow does Ron Paul make Barry Goldwater cry?

Adept Havelock
08-19-2007, 11:51 AM
How does Ron Paul make Barry Goldwater cry?

1-800-Sarcasm. ;)

SNR
08-19-2007, 12:05 PM
1-800-Sarcasm. ;)I called it and got a phone sex line. Is this some kind of joke?

Taco John
08-19-2007, 01:31 PM
This is a question for Next September, not this one.

BucEyedPea
08-19-2007, 03:06 PM
Fishpicker, don't waste your posts on Pubs who tell you you're wasting your vote.
They think there's a big difference between the Dems and Pubs. :rolleyes:
There ain't! So it's not waste.

Vote for America!
Vote for Ron Paul!

recxjake
08-19-2007, 05:44 PM
He could do some damage to the Republican nominee is he runs... I hope he keeps his word and helps whoever the Republican nominee is defeat Hillary.

BucEyedPea
08-19-2007, 06:06 PM
He's not going to help any Pub nominee win if it's any NeoCon warmonger...no way! It may be the other way around, the Pub leadership just might funnel money to rid of him from Congress. It's been done before....Gringrich was part of it too. They even funded a Democrat.