PDA

View Full Version : Official Democratic Iowa Debate Thread

chagrin
08-19-2007, 09:25 AM
Since the freaks are salivating around their TV sets right now - I will start this.

This is the silliest debate I think I have ever seen. The entire thing is a commercial, each candidate instead of answering the question, just talk about how they are the best candidate.

There is no substance at all. At leas the Republicans can have a debate (that is when the cartoon head wasn't interrupting them) and discuss the issues at hand.

This is a terrible joke - Democrats never debate, they campaign constantly, and the buzz words to rile up the audience:

Lobbyists
Universal Health Care
I'm the right candidate
Cheney should be committed

Not one of them has answered his question yet, it's sad really.

chagrin
08-19-2007, 09:26 AM
Finally, someone says something; Kucinich is the only guy who sounds sane.

chagrin
08-19-2007, 09:49 AM
LOL!

Cartoon head read an email that a kid sent in - "I want to understand each Candidates idea of personal God...do they pray..."

Clinton - "uh, sorry I didn't hear you"
Once she had to answer, she never said what she believes in but "boldly" said I rely on prayer and my faith.

Edwards , in his best Southern Lawyer accent "I prayed when my son died and when my wife was diagnosed with Cancer"

Whoever that quack from Alaska is - "...The answer is not with prayer it's with the American people, and I have a plan for that"

Bill Richardson - finally a dem with courage, "I pray all my life as a Roman Catholic (although he totally stuttered through it)

Biden - "my wife and daughter are dead...pray when you have to..."

Obama - "I believe in the power of prayer..."

To sum it up, you could almost hear each of them crap their pants when cartoon head mentioned the word "God"

Very funny stuff.

Kucinich "I've been standing here the past 45 minutes praying to God you were going to call on me"

Folks - you cannot make this up, Democrats are the funniest fuggers on the Earth, very entertaining, thank you.

You know, he's the ONLY Dem that sounds sane and doesn't pander to the emotions of the average Democrat on the street.

WHY doesn't any dem give him a chance I wonder.

patteeu
08-19-2007, 10:11 AM
Kucinich "I've been standing here the past 45 minutes praying to God you were going to call on me"

ROFL

alanm
08-19-2007, 10:34 AM
What I would ask them is "Why the f*ck can't you guys wait to start your campaign at the beginning of the election year like everyone used to. Instead of 3 yrs prior? It makes you look like vultures at the reading of a will."

banyon
08-19-2007, 02:20 PM
What I would ask them is "Why the f*ck can't you guys wait to start your campaign at the beginning of the election year like everyone used to. Instead of 3 yrs prior? It makes you look like vultures at the reading of a will."

Because the Iowa and NH primaries are going to be in January? :shrug:

I guess they'd have about a week maybe to try to present their candidacy to the country.

banyon
08-19-2007, 02:21 PM
ROFL

I saw that part of the Debate and even Stephanopolous had a hard time containing himself when Kucinich said that.

Pitt Gorilla
08-19-2007, 03:19 PM
What I would ask them is "Why the f*ck can't you guys wait to start your campaign at the beginning of the election year like everyone used to. Instead of 3 yrs prior? It makes you look like vultures at the reading of a will."Have you heard of primaries?

alanm
08-19-2007, 04:24 PM
Because the Iowa and NH primaries are going to be in January? :shrug:

I guess they'd have about a week maybe to try to present their candidacy to the country.

They may be in January but they'd wait to announce their candidacy about this time of year in years past. Not 1-2 years previous. It's like the 04 election never ended. :cuss: :banghead: :cuss:

alanm
08-19-2007, 04:27 PM
Have you heard of primaries?
The primaries are in the spring of the election year. They shouldn't begin to campaign for the next election months right after a election. :banghead: :cuss: :banghead:

StcChief
08-19-2007, 04:28 PM
They may be in January but they'd wait to announce their candidacy about this time of year in years past. Not 1-2 years previous. It's like the 04 election never ended. :cuss: :banghead: :cuss: once the Dems lost in 04 it immediately started for 08.

alanm
08-19-2007, 04:39 PM
once the Dems lost in 04 it immediately started for 08.
That's what I mean. I don't think we even went a couple of months before someone decided to run for President. And off we went on the next campaign. :banghead: :cuss: :banghead: :cuss:
I'm soooooooo sick of this constant campaigning. :banghead:

HolmeZz
08-19-2007, 06:27 PM
It has to do more with the fact that we're in the middle of a war. I don't think there'd be as much eagerness from both sides with the campaigning if that wasn't the case.

alanm
08-19-2007, 08:09 PM
It has to do more with the fact that we're in the middle of a war. I don't think there'd be as much eagerness from both sides with the campaigning if that wasn't the case.
Nah.. I think it has to do with the fact that the democrats are a bunch of whiny ass biatches. :)

HolmeZz
08-19-2007, 08:15 PM
My mistake for taking your question seriously.

Ultra Peanut
08-19-2007, 08:45 PM
i hate the demorcants they are stupid i mean why cant they be resasnible and mature like sam browndback and rudy giuliani

Ultra Peanut
08-19-2007, 09:04 PM
From THE ONLY NAME IN NEWS:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/V4aVFJ3FIrY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/V4aVFJ3FIrY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

HolmeZz
08-19-2007, 11:00 PM
There footage of the debate?

Chief Henry
08-20-2007, 08:08 AM
I didn't watch it. It's ironic the dems would try and compete with church going voters !!!

Ultra Peanut
08-20-2007, 08:51 AM
DEMONCRAPS HATE JESUS

ESPECIALLY THAT MUSLIM GUY

what his name again richards or something i think

Cochise
08-20-2007, 09:52 AM
I liked at the last one, when they had the parade of victims reading their prefactored questions off some prompting device.

At least in the main presidential debates, you get a somewhat honest list of questions and answers, and not this endless drubbing about what a horrible place America is, with this victim parade casting themselves at the feet of government, begging to be saved, cradled and provided for.

banyon
08-20-2007, 09:59 AM
I liked at the last one, when they had the parade of victims reading their prefactored questions off some prompting device.

At least in the main presidential debates, you get a somewhat honest list of questions and answers, and not this endless drubbing about what a horrible place America is, with this victim parade casting themselves at the feet of government, begging to be saved, cradled and provided for.

Yeah peopple should just suck it up and get a job and quit whining. All of these problems are just in their head. :rolleyes:

mlyonsd
08-20-2007, 06:57 PM
I saw that part of the Debate and even Stephanopolous had a hard time containing himself when Kucinich said that.

I was watching when it happened and that was the funniest thing I've seen in a debate since Reagan mocked Dukakis for being younger than him.

Cochise
08-20-2007, 06:59 PM
Yeah peopple should just suck it up and get a job and quit whining. All of these problems are just in their head. :rolleyes:

I'm not saying there weren't authentic problems, but the idea of pre-selecting all these people and scripting their questions for them as these long drawn-out tirades against whatever it is, having them serve up these softballs... seems pretty phony.

mlyonsd
08-20-2007, 07:04 PM
I'm not saying there weren't authentic problems, but the idea of pre-selecting all these people and scripting their questions for them as these long drawn-out tirades against whatever it is, having them serve up these softballs... seems pretty phony.

But understandable since most liberals looking to make a decision in a democratic primary just want to hear what each candidate will make government do for them instead of what government will let them do for themselves.

Cochise
08-20-2007, 07:11 PM
But understandable since most liberals looking to make a decision in a democratic primary just want to hear what each candidate will make government do for them instead of what government will let them do for themselves.

I agree, understandable. Liberals are devoutly religious, what they worship is government. Government is to provide the culture with an identity, to provide the only framework of how to conduct yourself, and you are to go to the throne of government to supplicate with your problems and beg solutions, cry for what you feel is justice. It was probably well done considering the target audience. I just felt that the format was quite transparent and absurd.

mlyonsd
08-20-2007, 08:28 PM
I agree, understandable. Liberals are devoutly religious, what they worship is government. Government is to provide the culture with an identity, to provide the only framework of how to conduct yourself, and you are to go to the throne of government to supplicate with your problems and beg solutions, cry for what you feel is justice. It was probably well done considering the target audience. I just felt that the format was quite transparent and absurd.

Agreed.

This might sound absurd but before a youtube debate or anything of the like I think it would be great for the country if both sides would agree to this.

An Olberman led republican debate and a Hannity led dem.

There is no way in hell I'd miss either one.

go bowe
08-21-2007, 08:33 PM
Agreed.

This might sound absurd but before a youtube debate or anything of the like I think it would be great for the country if both sides would agree to this.

An Olberman led republican debate and a Hannity led dem.

There is no way in hell I'd miss either one.me either...

Ugly Duck
08-22-2007, 12:15 AM
the idea of pre-selecting all these people and scripting their questions for them ... seems pretty phony.

Oh.... I thought you were talking about the Democratic debate!