PDA

View Full Version : Rush Week

kc rush
08-20-2007, 08:12 AM
Rush in concert Thursday at Sandstone.

I'll be recording the Chiefs game since I wasn't about to miss this show. The concert has been getting good reviews, even by non-Rush fans.

I can't wait. :rockon:

Braincase
08-20-2007, 08:15 AM
I may have an extra ticket. Wife has alot of work related stuff going on this week, and the buddy I'd usually go with is going to Arrowhead.

chasedude
08-20-2007, 12:22 PM
I think I've got a car load of friends going, not sure don't even have tiks yet :hmmm:

kc rush
08-23-2007, 07:53 AM
Bump because tonights the night.

htismaqe
08-23-2007, 08:37 AM
Missing a Chiefs game to see Rush?

Halfcan
08-23-2007, 08:41 AM
I saw them in Dallas a couple of weekends ago-they were AWESOME!!

Cant go tonight I have free Chiefs tickets-bummer!

Dartgod
08-23-2007, 08:48 AM
I'm skipping them this year. We pretty much spent all of our concert budget for our trip to see Jimmy Buffett in Vegas.

It's not like they're going to stop touring after this year anyway.

kc rush
08-23-2007, 09:53 AM
Missing a Chiefs game to see Rush?

Its only preseason and you never know if this is Rush's last tour.

I doubt its their last one, circumstances may change things. After Neil's daughter and wife died, I thought they were done.

htismaqe
08-23-2007, 09:56 AM
Its only preseason

It's only Rush.

kc rush
08-23-2007, 10:05 AM
It's only Rush.

Hater :p

htismaqe
08-23-2007, 10:14 AM
Hater :p

Nah, they just stink. :D

Lzen
08-24-2007, 09:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fzg-TvhrpLE&mode=related&search=

Braincase
08-24-2007, 09:45 AM
Good show... but Geddy didn't give me a roasted chicken, dammit.

chasedude
08-24-2007, 12:06 PM
Good show... but Geddy didn't give me a roasted chicken, dammit.

I had a good time at the show too last night. I was a little disappointed they didn't play more of the old school shit.

Nightwish
08-24-2007, 02:06 PM
I've got tickets to tonight's show here in StL, but right now it isn't looking good. Quite a storm kicking up out there, and it started hailing a couple minutes ago. Hopefully it'll roll through and out of here by this evening.

NUMBER7
08-24-2007, 02:50 PM
I had a good time at the show too last night. I was a little disappointed they didn't play more of the old school shit.

I totally agree...it was still a great show. Too bad Verizon is shutting down...a great venue.

Halfcan
08-24-2007, 06:33 PM

The second half of the show was dedicated to the ne CD-and the songs sounded awesome. The rest of the show was old songs that the true fans wanted to hear.

They rocked in Dallas!

Archie F. Swin
08-24-2007, 08:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fzg-TvhrpLE&mode=related&search=
NICE :clap:

Dartgod
08-24-2007, 09:11 PM
I totally agree...it was still a great show. Too bad Verizon is shutting down...a great venue.
Verizon is shutting down? I haven't heard this. What gives?

Nightwish
08-24-2007, 11:09 PM
I just wanted to announce that I have reaffirmed the religious in my life. I have been reminded that God does exist, and that God exists as a Holy Trinity. I have also learned some important information about God that is not found in the Bible:

Each aspect of the Holy Trinity has a name: Neil, Alex and Geddy.

The Holy Trinity is not without humor: even the typically steadfast Neil aspect occasionally hams it up.

When the Holy Trinity speaks, it speaks VERY LOUDLY!!! I may have been stricken deaf by their thundrous divinity.

Apparently, even the stormiest of weather conditions dare not show their uglier side in the presence of the Holy Trinity (it stopped pouring a half hour before the Trinity appeared, and started again minutes after they departed).

The Holy Trinity can occasionally be cruel: no Red Barchetta, no Closer to the Heart.

Even in the face of its own cruelty, the Holy Trinity can be a balanced and merciful creature: they played Natural Science, which more than made up for it!

I don't know how it is possible that they are better every time I see them, since they were perfect when I saw them the first time! My only complaint (other than the fact that Red Barchetta and Closer to the Heart weren't on the setlist) is that they played perhaps too many of the tracks from the new album, I think they could have done without a couple of them.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-25-2007, 04:51 PM
I just wanted to announce that I have reaffirmed the religious in my life. I have been reminded that God does exist, and that God exists as a Holy Trinity. I have also learned some important information about God that is not found in the Bible:

Each aspect of the Holy Trinity has a name: Neil, Alex and Geddy.

The Holy Trinity is not without humor: even the typically steadfast Neil aspect occasionally hams it up.

When the Holy Trinity speaks, it speaks VERY LOUDLY!!! I may have been stricken deaf by their thundrous divinity.

Apparently, even the stormiest of weather conditions dare not show their uglier side in the presence of the Holy Trinity (it stopped pouring a half hour before the Trinity appeared, and started again minutes after they departed).

The Holy Trinity can occasionally be cruel: no Red Barchetta, no Closer to the Heart.

Even in the face of its own cruelty, the Holy Trinity can be a balanced and merciful creature: they played Natural Science, which more than made up for it!

I don't know how it is possible that they are better every time I see them, since they were perfect when I saw them the first time! My only complaint (other than the fact that Red Barchetta and Closer to the Heart weren't on the setlist) is that they played perhaps too many of the tracks from the new album, I think they could have done without a couple of them.

Natural Science. My favorite of all the Rush songs I love. I haven't missed a show since the Test for Echo tour. (I'm a fairly young Rushian.) I'll never forget when they broke that song out of the vault during the Vapor Trails tour. I thought they did it JUST for me. Gives me goosebumps thinking about it. I'm glad you had a good time at the show.

chasedude
08-27-2007, 02:56 PM
The second half of the show was dedicated to the ne CD-and the songs sounded awesome. The rest of the show was old songs that the true fans wanted to hear.

They rocked in Dallas!

I was hoping to hear Earthshine off of Vapor Trails. Looking at their 20+ albums they've made alot of old school shit. It'd be a 24hr+ concert to play everything.

Funny, I bet my friends before going in that they wouldn't play Tom Sawyer first. I won 10 bucks for Rush playing Limelight first! Thanks Rush for the free beer!! lol

Nightwish
08-27-2007, 07:12 PM
I was hoping to hear Earthshine off of Vapor Trails.
Yeah, me too. If they had to only do two songs off Vapor Trails, I would have much rather seen "Earthshine" (or "Ceiling Unlimited") than "Secret Touch."