PDA

View Full Version : Ooooo...somebody stop em!

Chiefs Pantalones
05-12-2001, 12:27 AM
Lakers blow out the Sacramento "players are always high" Kings. This series is over!

CG

oh and one question? What is wrong with Scott Pollard, is he on drugs? Same thing with Jason Williams, is he high all the time? They look like it. All the Kings players look like there high or something. Seriously, did anyone watch the game? They all look like they are on drugs.

Frazod
05-12-2001, 12:29 AM
I hear the Lakers are going to sign Dillon!

milkman
05-12-2001, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by frazod
I hear the Lakers are going to sign Dillon!

Shaq would be a better O-Line all by himself, than that sorry Bengal line.

I don't know what makes you think these guys are on drugs, unless you subcribe to Charles Oakley's theory that 60% of NBA players are.
Williams is just a piss poor point gaurd in thr half court game, and Pollard is just a body on the court in the low post, with a bad hair stylist.

Chiefs Pantalones
05-12-2001, 12:44 AM
Milkman,

I think Charles knows whats going on more than you do in the league HE plays in.

milkman
05-12-2001, 12:50 AM
I would agree with that. But I think Oakley might be exagerating a bit to put a spotlight on the problem.

When Oakley does things, he tends to go over the top.

Chiefs Pantalones
05-12-2001, 01:04 AM
Milkman,

Anywho, couldn't you tell from the start the Lakers were gonna kill em? I could tell by the end of the 1st quarter that LA was gonna be victorious, it was like nothing bothered them. Not one mistake or the croud were going to get in their way of that win. Did you see the same thing? Of course, it wasn't perfect, but pretty good, considering last year when LA would come off a good win and act cocky thinkin they could walk through the game and still win (which...they sometimes did) but this series, so far, they are showing a better killer instinct. I think last year, they would have been up about 11 points or so in the 3rd, and then let them back into it in the 4th quarter. Hopefully they can get this thing over with (Sunday?) and get some rest.

CG

Thoughts?

milkman
05-12-2001, 01:16 AM
The Lakers have learned from last season's playoff experience, and the turbulant early season this year. They've matured as a team, and, for now Shaq and Kobe have found a way to co-exist.
This win tonight will probably demoralize the Kings. They gave their best defensive effort, and still couldn't get it done. Sunday's should be a laffer.

But the Lakers won't get much rest. The Spurs should dispatch the Mavs tomorrow. The Mavs have no physical presence in the post, Bradley is just a flagpole with arms, and the Spurs just overpower them on the offensive side. On defense, they don't have to double down low, so they can really extend out to the perimeter, and create difficulty for Finley, Nowitske, and the rest of them. This was a mismatch from the start.

Lakers-Spurs will be an outstanding series.

California Injun
05-12-2001, 01:20 AM
Cody,

I don't know how long you've been watching basketball but I hardly thought the game "was over" after only being up 29-19.

The Kings are notorious for coming back from huge deficits (especially at Arco). Did you think it 'was over" with both Shaq and Kobe sitting the pine with 3 fouls and 6:30 left in the first half?

How about when JWilliams drove the lane to make it 54-48 and the crowd in a frenzy?

This long time Lakers fan has witnessed many a Lakers 4th quarter collapse and did not feel secure until Kobe started hitting his shots again in the 4th.

The Kings are flat out choking this series away. They've missed numerous easy shots and are afraid to mix it up inside.

Fox should be MVP with his blanket job on Peja.

But then, those Euros always go soft in the play-offs....

Chiefs Pantalones
05-12-2001, 01:22 AM
Milkman,

How do you think the Spurs match up against the Lakers? And give me a prediction on the Series? I think the Lakers take em' in 6, you? Barkley thinks the Spurs are just a speed bump in the road for the Lakers, I kind of agree, but they won't be like the Blazers or Kings.

CG

hasn't watched the Spurs this year

Chiefs Pantalones
05-12-2001, 01:27 AM
Cali,

I've been watching Bball for awhile and I know its easy for them to comeback, but come on!...the Lakers are/were hot!!!! Was 13, now 14 game win streak, and I got a vibe after that 1st quarter thinkin the Lakers weren't gonna let the Kings win this one. Sure it got done to 10, even 8, it was clear it "was over" because the Lakers obviously got their number. The final score proves me correct.

CG

loves basketball, but loves football more

milkman
05-12-2001, 01:37 AM
I think the Lakers-Spurs has a very good chance to go 7.
The key, to me, is David Robinson. We all know that Duncan is going to get his points. Keeping Robinson in the 14-18 point range, not allowing him to shoot that mid-range jumper, and making him work for everything he gets on the offensive end, thus taking some energy away from him on the defensive end, could be the thing that gives the Lakers the advantage.

California Injun
05-12-2001, 01:38 AM
The biggest thing the Lakers did tonight was take the Arco Arena out of the equation. This was what the Kings needed for a crutch and they were sent wobbling to the ground.

I was able to listen to their play-by-play guy yesterday afternoon (Grant Napier) and he was blasting the LA media for saying this series was over. Here was one of his quotes;

"WHEN the Kings even this series up after Sunday, I am going to set my alarm clock for 4:30AM Monday morning. I will then log onto the LA Times webpage and read what those IDIOTS will be saying about a Lakers sweep."

He then fielded numerous calls from Sac fans about "The crowd will re-energize this team and you'll see the real Kings show up."

There was even a few dolts that said;

"The Kings need to focus on shutting down Shaq and let someone else beat them."

Huh?

That "someone else" just happens to wear #8, butthead!

I live about 90 minutes from Arco and might seriously contemplate picking up some cheap tickets for this Sunday's game.

I've got a whisk broom somewhere in my closet....

milkman
05-12-2001, 01:42 AM
I really thought that the Kings had a good chance of winning this game going into it. And they did come out with more energy, and did a good job of containing Shaq, but they just couldn't finish on the offensive end.
And, I agree Injun. Fox is the MVP. He's made Stojakavich look more like Stoyanavich.

Chiefs Pantalones
05-12-2001, 01:43 AM
Cali,

If I was you, I'd go. And if you go, will you report back to this BB afterward and tell me and the other non-local Laker fans what it was like, please? That would be neat!

CG

has never been to an NBA game

Chiefs Pantalones
05-12-2001, 01:45 AM
LOL! Milkman. Good one!

I agree, Fox has my vote. He's really become more of a factor this year, and Fish is really hittin that J too.

Chiefs Pantalones
05-12-2001, 01:49 AM
And that weight Fox lost (20lbs I think) has really helped him be more flamboyant, more energized too.

California Injun
05-12-2001, 01:58 AM
Cody,

With the temps hovering around the century mark, an afternoon of Lakers basketball in air-conditioned Arco may be the thing to do.

But the remote is just a thumb movement away (and $150 cheaper) so we'll see.

If the Spurs finish their sweep of the Mavs then MAYBE the Lakers will be motivated to win this game Sunday.

I want to bring my cousin along (HUGE Kings fan BTW), but every time I've watched a Kings game with him they win.

He was bribing me to come over to his house tonight with barley pops and some Tri-Tip but I shut him down cold.

After all, the Lakers have a Championship to win first...

milkman
05-12-2001, 02:00 AM
I'm going to call it a night. I'll be watching the game on Sunday, I hope. Mother's Day might get in the way of those plans.
Catch ya on the flip side.

Chiefs Pantalones
05-12-2001, 02:04 AM
Cali,

$150? Ouch! The remote would look good to me too! Ask your cousin why Scott Pollard is the way he is? I remember him at KU, he was a clean cut fella, but now...but hey, if thats him...whatever floats your boat, I guess.

CG

thinks some of the Kings players are weirdos...
but I did like the Harry Carry impression

Chiefs Pantalones
05-12-2001, 02:05 AM
Good night, Milkman! Take it easy