PDA

View Full Version : Fox News working to sabotage Fred Thompson's campaign?

Taco John
08-22-2007, 04:54 PM
You decide.

Fred Thompson's Fox News Problem
by Todd Beeton, Wed Aug 22, 2007 at 02:24:41 PM EST

Does Fox have it out for Grandpa Fred?

First came Carl Cameron's report that made a point of observing, somewhat contemptuously, that Thompson wore Gucci loafers to the Iowa state fair. Then Cameron reported that Thompson was the only candidate to get around the state fair in a golf cart, evoking the image not of a golfer as much as someone zipping around his retirement community.

Now we have Fox News reporting on Thompson's appearance at the Veterans of Foreign Wars convention yesterday. He spoke on the same day as Barack Obama and Fox notes that the juxtaposition was not a flattering one...for Gramps.

"Thompson seemed unfamiliar with the applause lines in his own speech. All told, he was interrupted by applause seven times. By contrast, anti-Iraq war Democrat Barack Obama was interrupted by applauding VFW conventioneers 18 times."

Watch it:

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Yr9oujGR7BY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed>

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LkudxBNZ2wk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed>

DaKCMan AP
08-22-2007, 05:14 PM
He doesn't look presidential.

HolmeZz
08-22-2007, 05:18 PM
Wouldn't surprise me. I think Fox has been pushing Rudy.

Adept Havelock
08-22-2007, 05:22 PM
Wouldn't surprise me. I think Fox has been knob-slobbing Rudy.

;)

Fishpicker
08-22-2007, 05:26 PM
he went to pay tribute to Big Red, a 1200 lb. hog that rarely moves. ROFL

recxjake
08-22-2007, 06:51 PM
ROFL... he was just with Sean Hannity at his Freedom Concert.....

Fred is not in campaign mode yet... they are not the first ones to report this.

recxjake
08-22-2007, 06:55 PM
I saw Carl Cameron at a stop in N. Iowa right after Rudy spoke... he went around asking people who they supported after his speech..... He didn't talk to any of the Rudy people.... instead he intervied a man who said that Rudy isn't polling well nationally and was going to vote for Mitt.

I laughed because all national polls show Rudy doing the best nationally. But of course it wouldn't be a story if everyone just liked Rudy and was going to vote for him... so he had to find something.

patteeu
08-23-2007, 08:01 AM
After reviewing the videos, it seems like a stretch to me. I've seen plenty of favorable coverage of Thompson by Fox including his first interview after people started spreading the rumor that he might run. These reports are just showing his early stumbles as he tries to get his campaign legs. If they hadn't reported them, people would say Fox was covering up for the Republican because of their right wing bias, I presume.

HonestChieffan
08-23-2007, 08:04 AM
Rudy does not play well in the heartland. He wont do well anywhere west. To have a chance, Rudy has to have some way to get the middle of the country and the west...I cant see it happening.