PDA

View Full Version : Cuz calls me on the phone...

Calcountry
08-23-2007, 03:16 PM
Here's how it went down:

Hi thar, may I speak to the owner or manager?
speaking

Hello, thank you for taking my call. I am new in business, and I like to do business face to face, so I was wondering if I can arrange a time to meet you.

What kind of business do you do?

That's exactly why I would like to set up a time to come over and talk about.

So, you called me on the phone, asked for me by name, tell me you want to do business with me, and won't tell me what kind of business it is, then I don't want to meet you.

I am trying to tell you but you won't listen to me.

NO, you won't listen to me and I am...

...(talking over me at won't) Have a nice day.

--------------

Why do these fools waste my time like this? Is this some kind of new pitch, trying to set me up for the re-load later. They know that people are on to their phone solicitation crap so now they want to come by and intimidate me. Hey, why don't all you T.M.'s just do us a favor and take a long walk off a short pier.

I feel much better now.

BIG_DADDY
08-23-2007, 03:18 PM
Coupon book probably.

Calcountry
08-23-2007, 03:20 PM
Coupon book probably.You should have heard it. The text here doesn't allow for mock ethnic inflections.

I think I pissed him off.

BIG_DADDY
08-23-2007, 03:27 PM
You should have heard it. The text here doesn't allow for mock ethnic inflections.

I think I pissed him off.

There is actually a ton of money to be made in that but picking up temporary good help when you move to the next area is very hard as you can see.

Velvet_Jones
08-23-2007, 03:29 PM
AmWay

Calcountry
08-23-2007, 03:36 PM
AmWayCould be. I just don't like the pitch, anytime someone is embarrassed about what they are selling, then I am not buying.

Why bother me?

Next thing, why in the blue blazes do these fools(telemarketers)open with the, "Can I speak to the owner"? Obviously, they are targeting small businesses where it is not uncommon for the owner to actually pick up the phone.

AS soon as they do that it identifies them as a Telemarketer and not a customer. Game over.

Velvet_Jones
08-23-2007, 03:41 PM
Could be. I just don't like the pitch, anytime someone is embarrassed about what they are selling, then I am not buying.

Why bother me?

Next thing, why in the blue blazes do these fools(telemarketers)open with the, "Can I speak to the owner"? Obviously, they are targeting small businesses where it is not uncommon for the owner to actually pick up the phone.

AS soon as they do that it identifies them as a Telemarketer and not a customer. Game over.
Cuz if they say AmWay, you will certainly not meet with him.

Saulbadguy
08-23-2007, 03:41 PM
AmWay or "Quikstar" for sure. The product sucks and you can easily say no over the phone, it's harder to say no in person.

BIG_DADDY
08-23-2007, 03:54 PM
AmWay or "Quikstar" for sure. The product sucks and you can easily say no over the phone, it's harder to say no in person.
what is quickstar?

Saulbadguy
08-23-2007, 03:58 PM
what is quickstar?
AmWay, renamed for the "modern era". It's the same company.

Calcountry
08-23-2007, 04:01 PM
Cuz if they say AmWay, you will certainly not meet with him.Exactly why I force the issue. It ain't nothing but a pitch anyhow.

What do you think my Homie in Vegas does anyway? He runs a room or rooms with over a thousand employees. I can cut through a pitch and get them off the script before they can take their next breath.

Calcountry
08-23-2007, 04:06 PM
AmWay, renamed for the "modern era". It's the same company.Thanks for the info. The next time I get that pitch I will drop a "Do you work for Amway?" bomb on them right out the gate.

Then I will say, don't need none, I am an amway distributor already.

Once again, game over.

crazycoffey
08-23-2007, 04:27 PM
He was an ex con and wanted to sell you some marked up magazine subsciptions to help him get back on his feet.

No Checks please....

Chief Henry
08-23-2007, 04:37 PM
It could be avon :)

trndobrd
08-23-2007, 05:07 PM
Here's how it went down:

Hi thar, may I speak to the owner or manager?
speaking

Hello, thank you for taking my call. I am new in business, and I like to do business face to face, so I was wondering if I can arrange a time to meet you.

What kind of business do you do?

That's exactly why I would like to set up a time to come over and talk about.

That sounds great! I would love to talk to you about your business. I can meet anytime before Friday cause that's when I have to see the Judge about some armed robbery and assault BS. No biggie. How does Thursday night arould 11pm sound? Maybe we meet behind the carwash on 4th Street?

FYP