PDA

View Full Version : Foreign Policy Experience.

|Zach|
08-23-2007, 11:59 PM
<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="360" data="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=284594&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;fullscreen=1&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait= 1&amp;color=00ADEF"> <param name="quality" value="best" /> <param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /> <param name="scale" value="showAll" /> <param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=284594&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;fullscreen=1&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait= 1&amp;color=00ADEF" /></object>

wazu
08-24-2007, 12:18 AM
Pretty good. I can almost remember a time when I resented Jon Stewart's highjacking of the Daily Show for political cause. He lives in the house that Craig Kilborne built, after all.

Now that I actually have come to agree with him it is less annoying.

|Zach|
08-24-2007, 12:21 AM
Pretty good. I can almost remember a time when I resented Jon Stewart's highjacking of the Daily Show for political cause. He lives in the house that Craig Kilborne built, after all.

Now that I actually have come to agree with him it is less annoying.
That is funny you mention that because I remember the same kind of feelings.

It isn't as much that I agree with him but more so that it didn't have a very good flow or dynamic back then. It took the DS a while to define exactly what it was and more importantly what it was not and find their niche.

wazu
08-24-2007, 12:29 AM
That is funny you mention that because I remember the same kind of feelings.

It isn't as much that I agree with him but more so that it didn't have a very good flow or dynamic back then. It took the DS a while to define exactly what it was and more importantly what it was not and find their niche.

Honestly, if I go back far enough, I was more pissed that Jon Stewart just wasn't as funny as Kilborn. I liked Stewart's show on MTV, but his "laugh at his own jokes" style just didn't work on the Daily Show.

Ten years later, though, it does. So strange.

Ultra Peanut
08-25-2007, 04:04 AM
So funny. So depressing.

Direckshun
08-25-2007, 12:44 PM
"Midnight basketball"?

KC Jones
08-25-2007, 01:46 PM
"Midnight basketball"?

It was a program started up a long time ago so inner city teenagers could get access to basketball courts late at night rather than hang out on the streets. Don't know if they still have those programs or not.

Taco John
08-25-2007, 03:34 PM
Borrow from China so we can GIVE to Saudi Arabia and Israel, and Iraq. If only that's where it stopped.

And why do we do it again?