PDA

View Full Version : If KC ever wins the Super Bowl

grandllama
08-24-2007, 12:34 AM
... for those of you that live in KC, thought I would give you a peek at what happens for that 'first' game after the Super Bowl...

Obviously I live in Indy now and work right on Monument Circle... this email was just sent by our building managment:

~~~~~
Traffic Alert
Monument Circle
Aug. 30 – Sept. 10, 2007

On Thursday, Sept. 6, the NFL will launch the 2007 season with a live, free concert on Monument Circle prior to the first game between the Indianapolis Colts and the New Orleans Saints in the RCA Dome. The free, public concert event will be televised nationally.

Thursday, Sept. 6 event details include:
o Site opens to the public beginning at 3 p.m.; entertainment begins at 5 p.m. and concludes no later than 8 p.m.
o Admission is FREE
o Entertainers are Hinder, Kelly Clarkson and Faith Hill
o Colts home game is 8:30 p.m. in the RCA Dome

To complete event set up and tear down, Monument Circle and spokes will have traffic and parking restrictions Thursday, Aug. 30 through Monday, Sept. 10. The following information is to assist in planning for business needs and communicating with customers, patrons and employees.

Schedule of street restrictions and closures:

* Thursday, Aug. 30, 6 a.m. – Monday, September 10, 5 p.m. – No parking on Meridian Street from Monument Circle to Ohio Street.
* Friday, Aug. 31, 8 a.m. – Saturday, September 8, 2 p.m. - Monument Circle’s inner traffic lane closed to vehicular traffic. No parking on outer lane of Monument Circle. Vehicle loading/unloading will be allowed but driver must remain with the vehicle.
* Saturday, Sept. 1, 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. – Meridian Street from Monument Circle to Washington Street will be closed for up to four hours and then reopen to traffic. There will be pedestrian restrictions.
* Sunday, Sept. 2, 6 a.m. to noon – Market Street between Illinois and Pennsylvania streets will close for up to six hours and then reopen to traffic. There will be pedestrian restrictions.
* Wednesday, Sept. 5, 5 a.m. – Friday, September 7, 8 a.m. – Monument Circle and spokes will be closed to vehicular traffic. Meridian Street will be closed from Ohio Street to Washington Street and Market Street will be closed from Pennsylvania Street to Illinois Street.

o Pedestrian access will be maintained to the businesses and buildings around Monument Circle.

* Thursday, Sept. 6, as deemed necessary for public safety–
o Pedestrian access throughout Monument Circle will be limited to sidewalks, businesses and Market Street Thursday, 6 a.m. – 3 p.m.
o The Lacy Building and Chase Circle Building employee parking garages will have access only until 2 p.m. and after 9 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 6. No entry or exit will be possible for these garages 2 - 9 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 6.
o Washington Street from Pennsylvania to Illinois streets and Meridian Street from Washington to Maryland streets may be closed for public safety. Pedestrian traffic will be allowed.
o Pennsylvania and Illinois streets are expected to remain open although closures are possible for public safety.
* Friday, Sept. 7, 8 a.m. – Saturday, Sept. 8, 2 p.m. – Monument Circle’s inner traffic lane will be closed to vehicular traffic. No parking on outer lane of Monument Circle. Vehicle loading/unloading will be allowed but driver must remain with the vehicle.
* Saturday, Sept. 8, 5 a.m. to 10 a.m. –
o Meridian Street from Monument Circle to Washington Street will be closed. There will be pedestrian restrictions.
o Market Street between Illinois and Pennsylvania streets will close for up to three hours and then reopen to traffic. There will be pedestrian restrictions.
* Other Events Saturday, Sept. 8, – Sunday, Sept. 9
o Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra will host their Opening Night Gala in front of Hilbert Circle Theatre Sunday, Sept. 9. The South half of Monument Circle will be closed 6 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 8 until 6 a.m. Monday, Sept. 10.
* Throughout the period Aug. 30 – Sept. 10, alternate routes are advised to avoid Monument Circle traffic.
o North-south traffic should use West Street or Alabama (southbound)/ Delaware (northbound) streets.
o East-west traffic should use New York (eastbound)/ Michigan (westbound) streets.
o During this time there will be additional street closures and restrictions related to the game and other events.
o Traffic information is available at www.indydt.com.

Note: All times are Indianapolis local times.

~~~

I think I'll go down there in full Chiefs gear so I can get BBQ thrown at me on national TV.

Guru
08-24-2007, 12:36 AM
**** you Indianapolis.

greg63
08-24-2007, 12:43 AM
**** you Indianapolis.

Heh!