PDA

View Full Version : I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE SEASON TO BEGIN!!!

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-24-2007, 08:03 AM
Imagine the meltdown around here once the games matter and the team is playing all the starters, using all the packages and not just evaluating talent anymore.

It's gonna be epic... even comical. Actually it's already comical.

I wish we could just go back to poop threads. This place was more fun before football actually started.

Jilly
08-24-2007, 08:10 AM
Imagine the meltdown around here once the games matter and the team is playing all the starters, using all the packages and not just evaluating talent anymore.

It's gonna be epic... even comical. Actually it's already comical.

I wish we could just go back to poop threads. This place was more fun before football actually started.

Speaking of.... what is it about beer that makes pooping so wicked the next morning?

greg63
08-24-2007, 08:13 AM
...Already looking forward, with no expectations, to 2008.

We are now PanicPlanet......Cool!

HonestChieffan
08-24-2007, 08:14 AM
You are just trying to stir the pot.

greg63
08-24-2007, 08:16 AM

FLUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Redrum_69
08-24-2007, 08:17 AM
2019 will be the best year ever for the Chiefs...that will mark 30 years for Carl Peterson being the Chiefs GM.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-24-2007, 08:21 AM
Speaking of.... what is it about beer that makes pooping so wicked the next morning?
It's official.... you're my favorite planet member.

siberian khatru
08-24-2007, 08:21 AM
There wouldn't be a meltdown if people would have realistic expectations. I mean, really, what's the best this team could do? 9-7? A repeat of last year (or pretty much most of the last decade or so)?

So if we go 6-10 or 7-9 instead of 8-8 or 9-7, the roof is caving in on us? BFD -- so long as we're developing young players and laying the groundwork for improvement in 08 and 09.

I can understand panic if we won 12 games last year or went to the AFC Championship Game, then followed it up with this kind of a preseason. But so far, this all pretty much looks like what I (IMHO) expected. I'm just looking for positives to build on -- a nice catch by Bowe, a nice throw by Croyle, good plays by Patterson and Brackenridge, Tank and Turk getting a push up the middle ...

OTOH, we're finding out that Svitek can't play LT, which although painful, is also constructive.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-24-2007, 08:22 AM
I would NEVER do that. I just think it's funny... in a sad kind of way.

talastan
08-24-2007, 08:23 AM
There wouldn't be a meltdown if people would have realistic expectations. I mean, really, what's the best this team could do? 9-7? A repeat of last year (or pretty much most of the last decade or so)?

So if we go 6-10 or 7-9 instead of 8-8 or 9-7, the roof is caving in on us? BFD -- so long as we're developing young players and laying the groundwork for improvement in 08 and 09.

I can understand panic if we won 12 games last year or went to the AFC Championship Game, then followed it up with this kind of a preseason. But so far, this all pretty much looks like what I (IMHO) expected. I'm just looking for positives to build on -- a nice catch by Bowe, a nice throw by Croyle, good plays by Patterson and Brackenridge, Tank and Turk getting a push up the middle ...

OTOH, we're finding out that Svitek can't play LT, which although painful, is also constructive.

:clap:

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-24-2007, 08:23 AM

Didn't the Colts go winless in the pre-season last year?

***No, I'm saying saying we're the new Colts.***

Donger
08-24-2007, 08:24 AM
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

htismaqe
08-24-2007, 08:27 AM

We're too scared to develop young players. It hurts too much.

siberian khatru
08-24-2007, 08:30 AM
We're too scared to develop young players. It hurts too much.

Then I recommend a strong dose of self-medication for all. :)

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-24-2007, 08:32 AM
Then I recommend a strong dose of self-medication for all. :)
beer never lets me down.

SNR
08-24-2007, 09:19 AM
We're too scared to develop young players. It hurts too much."Younger guys have to play. We will put rookies in games."

-Herm Edwards

Redrum_69
08-24-2007, 09:21 AM
The day isnt over yet

planet meltdown may yet occur

just wait...thats all I'll say

SNR
08-24-2007, 09:23 AM
The day isnt over yet

planet meltdown may yet occur

just wait...thats all I'll sayOh, a good ol' fashioned meltdown is inevitable. We're only seeing the symptoms of it right now. Like the mild fever you get in the beginning stages of ebola.

Woodrow Call
08-24-2007, 09:24 AM

:holdman:

Great post.

HonestChieffan
08-24-2007, 09:25 AM
When can we have a beer

BIG_DADDY
08-24-2007, 09:30 AM
I guess I'm not such an asshole now for predicting 3-13. Frankly I jusr want Herm fired and hopefully Peterson as well. If it means we don't win a game all season to get that then so be it.

SNR
08-24-2007, 09:36 AM
I guess I'm not such an asshole now for predicting 3-13. Frankly I jusr want Herm fired and hopefully Peterson as well. If it means we don't win a game all season to get that then so be it.Herm isn't the problem, I don't think. He's giving special attention to the defense, but he's not ignoring the offense, either. If that's the case, then why is it offensive geniouses like Brad Childress and Brian Billick haven't been able to create an offense on their team to save their lives?

keg in kc
08-24-2007, 10:11 AM
We're too scared to develop young players. It hurts too much.Fans certainly are. Dipshits booing Croyle during the game.

We'll see if the team still is. If Huard's starting week one, then not much has changed. He certainly wouldn't have made any kind of difference last night. That was just a piss-poor performance by the whole team.

It may not be an entirely bad thing to get embarrased like that in the preseason. Might get some asses in gear.

Or they may just suck that much. Time'll tell.

ChiefsFan4Life
08-24-2007, 10:19 AM
Fans certainly are. Dipshits booing Croyle during the game.

DON'T SAY ANYTHING BAD ABOUT THE FANS!!!!!!! I AM A FAN!!!!!!!!!! IF YOU ARE SAYING SOMETHING ABOUT THE FANS THEN YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

BIG_DADDY
08-24-2007, 10:23 AM
Herm isn't the problem, I don't think. He's giving special attention to the defense, but he's not ignoring the offense, either. If that's the case, then why is it offensive geniouses like Brad Childress and Brian Billick haven't been able to create an offense on their team to save their lives?

My judgement of Herm came almost immediately. We heard all this crap about what a defensive genius he was and how awesome his assessment of talent was. Upon getting here the first words out of his mouth that I saw was that he was going to fix the offense when we were 2nd in the entire league. That's ego and putting it before everything else. I fully realize that we were not going to stay that high but it didn't need to be completely overhauled either. All the time he spent fixing our offense could have been used to work on our D as well. I think Herms ego is bigger than several small states and to him feeding it is more important than anything else. I want him out of KC. Peterson has had more than enough chances to make a serious run as well. Time to hand him the pink slip and a bus fare.

Buehler445
08-24-2007, 11:14 AM
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

Is that in men in Black? I know I've heard that before.

Calcountry
08-24-2007, 11:20 AM

OTOH, we're finding out that Svitek can't play LT, which although painful, is also constructive.We definitely WON't be laying the groundwork if we run LJ 400+ times behind that line this year.

Calcountry
08-24-2007, 11:33 AM
My judgement of Herm came almost immediately. We heard all this crap about what a defensive genius he was and how awesome his assessment of talent was. Upon getting here the first words out of his mouth that I saw was that he was going to fix the offense when we were 2nd in the entire league. That's ego and putting it before everything else. I fully realize that we were not going to stay that high but it didn't need to be completely overhauled either. All the time he spent fixing our offense could have been used to work on our D as well. I think Herms ego is bigger than several small states and to him feeding it is more important than anything else. I want him out of KC. Peterson has had more than enough chances to make a serious run as well. Time to hand him the pink slip and a bus fare.Is there a firePeterson.com website established yet?