PDA

View Full Version : How can games not be sold out?

mikeyis4dcats.
08-24-2007, 08:21 AM
Jesus....when was the last time marquee games like Denver and Green Bay weren't sold out by the start of the season? Even worse....when was the last time they had to make a special 2 game package to try to sell them?

Redrum_69
08-24-2007, 08:33 AM
whats your post count?

nevermind

NUMBER7
08-24-2007, 08:35 AM
whats your post count?

nevermind
ROFL

mikeyis4dcats.
08-24-2007, 08:42 AM
ROFL

/looks at your post count, my post count, then your post count.

:rolleyes:

Reerun_KC
08-24-2007, 08:43 AM
Wow n00b fight!!!!

morphius
08-24-2007, 08:43 AM
It is probably mostly single seat tickets.

Woodrow Call
08-24-2007, 08:46 AM
I just bought one of the 2 game packages. Can't wait to see Favre live.

HonestChieffan
08-24-2007, 08:49 AM
Favre is alive?

NUMBER7
08-24-2007, 08:51 AM
Wow n00b fight!!!!

This place is so freakin funny...makes my day

Woodrow Call
08-24-2007, 08:52 AM
Favre is alive?

Barely but I wanted to see him once before he hung em up

mikeyis4dcats.
08-24-2007, 08:53 AM
It is probably mostly single seat tickets.

I'm worried they have quite a few, as hard as they've been pushing them...seems like if they had a limited amount, they'd sell themselves.

Chief Chief
08-24-2007, 09:01 AM
I'm worried they have quite a few, as hard as they've been pushing them...seems like if they had a limited amount, they'd sell themselves.

Are you talking about the Chiefs and tickets, or pimps and whores?

mikeyis4dcats.
08-24-2007, 09:02 AM
Are you talking about the Chiefs and tickets, or pimps and whores?

well, the principles are pretty similar, so you can apply them as you wish.

At least you don't have to pay $22 parking to take a spin with Redrum's mom.

hawkchief
08-24-2007, 09:05 AM
It's amazing how many people don't/can't see the shape the Chiefs franchise is in right now and the direction it's headed. Carl Peterson, virtually singlehandedly, has pi$$ed off a significant portion of the fanbase due to his inability to produce a winning team, while continuing to gig the fanbase with some of the higher priced tickets, parking and concessions in the NFL.

Season ticket sales have been on the decline for 5 years or more, and if last night's game is any indication, there is a real chance we will get a chance to enjoy home-game blackouts this season.

Clark needs to get a clue, and fire Carl, so what's left of the once-huge fanbase will get back on board emotionally and financially. Right now, it's eerily remisinscent of the Jack Steadman days.

ChiTown
08-24-2007, 09:06 AM
Jesus....when was the last time marquee games like Denver and Green Bay weren't sold out by the start of the season? Even worse....when was the last time they had to make a special 2 game package to try to sell them?

Get used to it.

People aren't nearly as lenient with watching bad football in KC, especially when the horizon is cloudy - at best.

It used to be that we knew we'd be competitive and would always be in the hunt. Now, not so much. I question the leadership, the direction and the ability of the front office to right this ship.

So, give our fans some credit. I think they know a shit-assed product when they see one, and they're probably sick and tired of supporting it. I just wish Carl was CAPABLE of doing something about it.

cookster50
08-24-2007, 09:07 AM

To answer the question in the thread title, because there are more tickets than people willing to pay to buy all the tickets.....

Glad I could help.

Nzoner
08-24-2007, 09:14 AM
Get used to it.

People aren't nearly as lenient with watching bad football in KC, especially when the horizon is cloudy - at best.

It used to be that we knew we'd be competitive and would always be in the hunt. Now, not so much. I question the leadership, the direction and the ability of the front office to right this ship.

So, give our fans some credit. I think they know a shit-assed product when they see one, and they're probably sick and tired of supporting it. I just wish Carl was CAPABLE of doing something about it.

Up until 2 years ago I had had 4 season tickets since the ealy 90's and decided after our defense made Tiki Barber look like the 2nd coming of Jim Brown I was done.

As a business owner myself if I lose even a $1000 a year client they get a nice thank you card for their past business and a note assuring them that if we can ever be of service in the future to keep us in mind.

I have to think with the money that the Chiefs make they could add something like this.I'm not saying it would've brought me back immediately but at least as a 10+ year customer I would've felt that they at least gave a shit.

jynni
08-24-2007, 09:49 AM
To answer the question in the thread title, because there are more tickets than people willing to pay to buy all the tickets.....

Glad I could help.
I think they must've had some blocks of tickets reserved or something. I tried to buy two seats to the Green Bay game a few weeks ago and nothing was available. I looked last night and they had groups of two available.

I can't wait till all the season ticket holders start jumping ship. My brother gets out of the military next year so we're going to get season tickets...hopefully there will be some good seats available.

luv
08-24-2007, 10:03 AM
It may be off topic, but this reminded me of something I read a few days ago. Green Bay has sold out on season tickets every year since 1960.

luv
08-24-2007, 10:08 AM
Also, in Chicago, you cannot buy more than four tickets. If they see that more than four are being sent to the same address, or are billed to the same person/household, they will cancel the transaction. We think our ticket prices are bad....they charge up to like $340 per ticket there as well. I think we get a pretty fair deal. Of course, KC is smaller than Chicago, but we have a higher seating capacity. Matter of supply and demand.

Sure-Oz
08-24-2007, 10:27 AM
it's because they raised parking by $2

Deberg_1990
08-24-2007, 10:41 AM
I'm not saying it would've brought me back immediately but at least as a 10+ year customer I would've felt that they at least gave a shit.

You didnt get the 10 year pin and gold watch???

OnTheWarpath58
08-24-2007, 10:44 AM
I think they must've had some blocks of tickets reserved or something. I tried to buy two seats to the Green Bay game a few weeks ago and nothing was available. I looked last night and they had groups of two available.

That's EXACTLY what they did. It's not that they can't sell out games against the Packers and Broncos, they have a surplus of tickets available to the Jags and Titans game.

Wanna see a premier game?

You have to buy a less desirable game to go with it.

HonestChieffan
08-24-2007, 10:45 AM
Its all linked to moon phases.

Calcountry
08-24-2007, 11:44 AM
Barely but I wanted to see him once before he hung em upI am anxiously awaiting for some young DE to retire him.

chiefbowe82
08-24-2007, 12:43 PM
We're sorry, but due to the large number of users buying tickets at this time, the system is temporarily unavailable. Please try again in a few minutes.

Marlboro_Chief
08-24-2007, 01:04 PM
NFL is selling more tickets than ever. The Chargers played in front of empty seats during the early 2004 season and they were sold out for the season weeks ago. The Cardinals are now selling out every game even though they have fielded one playoff team in 18 years.

The Chiefs are still a hot product in Kansas City. Let's not forget this squad was a playoff team last year.

TN_Chief
08-24-2007, 01:13 PM
Let's not forget this squad was a playoff team last year.Do you actually believe that? They backed into the playoffs big-time. They were not capable of getting in themselves, it took freak outcomes by other teams for it to happen.

IMO, there's a difference between fluking into the playoffs and being a playoff team. A theory that was proven true in the Colts game.

chasedude
08-24-2007, 01:22 PM
Do you actually believe that? They backed into the playoffs big-time. They were not capable of getting in themselves, it took freak outcomes by other teams for it to happen.

IMO, there's a difference between fluking into the playoffs and being a playoff team. A theory that was proven true in the Colts game.

I almost wished the Chiefs never made it to the playoffs last year, watching that game with Indy was horrifying.

El Jefe
08-24-2007, 01:23 PM
It's not sold out because people dont want to waste their money on a game they dont think we can win.

DaKCMan AP
08-24-2007, 01:36 PM
Do you actually believe that? They backed into the playoffs big-time. They were not capable of getting in themselves, it took freak outcomes by other teams for it to happen.

"Let's don't get this thing twisted and think we backed into this deal. We didn't lose. We won. We won the game we were supposed to win. Those other teams played at home. They didn't win. That's not our fault. All we can do is win, and we did that and that's why we're in the playoffs, to be quite honest. We won enough games to get in the playoffs. It's very simple. Twenty teams are packing up today. We're not one of those 20. I don't want to hear about luck."

tk13
08-24-2007, 01:40 PM

I believe it. I'm with Herm on that one, we deserved to get in. We weren't the best team or anything close, but we didn't break any rules. I don't care how it happens. Top 6 teams get in, and at the end of the season we were one of those. It's not our fault we could defend our homefield and other teams couldn't.

TN_Chief
08-24-2007, 01:43 PM
Y'all that want to get on board with Herm about how we ended up in the playoffs last year are welcome to do so. But I think you'd be amazed at how differently you'd look at the situation after some counseling and perhaps a prescription or two.

ChiefsCountry
08-24-2007, 01:43 PM
I'd believe it. I'm with Herm on that one, we deserved to get in. We weren't the best team or anything close, but we didn't break any rules. Top 6 teams get in, and at the end of the season we were one of those. It's not our fault we could defend our homefield and other teams couldn't.

I agree.

DaKCMan AP
08-24-2007, 01:45 PM
Y'all that want to get on board with Herm about how we ended up in the playoffs last year are welcome to do so. But I think you'd be amazed at how differently you'd look at the situation after some counseling and perhaps a prescription or two.

"Let's don't get this thing twisted and think we backed into this deal. We didn't lose. We won. We won the game we were supposed to win. Those other teams played at home. They didn't win. That's not our fault. All we can do is win, and we did that and that's why we're in the playoffs, to be quite honest. We won enough games to get in the playoffs. It's very simple. Twenty teams are packing up today. We're not one of those 20. I don't want to hear about luck."

jidar
08-24-2007, 01:47 PM

Why? Because other teams lost and we won? Just because the odds were slim does not change the fact that we WERE AHEAD OF THEM BECAUSE WE ****ING WON AND THEY ****ING LOST, PERIOD.
If we had lost then we wouldn't even have had the chance that we did. Beginning of the season, end of the season, the whole ****ing things counts and at the end of 17 god damned weeks our shit added up to us getting in and theirs added up to them going the **** home. That's the way it is for everybody so if you think we got lucky then every ****ing team is getting lucky and then who gives a shit.

dirk digler
08-24-2007, 01:53 PM
That's EXACTLY what they did. It's not that they can't sell out games against the Packers and Broncos, they have a surplus of tickets available to the Jags and Titans game.

Wanna see a premier game?

You have to buy a less desirable game to go with it.

Yep but I don't see how any knowledgeable fan would think either the Titans or the Jags would be less desirable.

With the Titans you get to see a rising football team with one of the most exciting players in the NFL in Vince Young.

The Jags game is going to be a blood bath considering all the fights and trash talking going on last year.

tomahawk kid
08-24-2007, 01:56 PM
Yep but I don't see how any knowledgeable fan would think either the Titans or the Jags would be less desirable.

With the Titans you get to see a rising football team with one of the most exciting players in the NFL in Vince Young.

The Jags game is going to be a blood bath considering all the fights and trash talking going on last year.

Key word there is "knowledgeable".

A trait found to be more and more rare in today's society.