PDA

View Full Version : The depth chart and Bobby Sippio

DenverChief
08-24-2007, 08:24 AM
Two seperate issues here first I noticed the Depth chart at kcchiefs.com is back up without the QB position...

What are the chances of Sippio making the team in light of Parkers performance last night?

WR 18 Samie Parker - 80 Jeff Webb - 82 Dwayne Bowe
LT 77 Damion McIntosh - 71 Will Svitek
LG 54 Brian Waters - 65 Herb Taylor
C 62 Casey Wiegmann - 64 Rudy Niswanger
RG 76 John Welbourn - 61 Tre Stallings
RT 60 Chris Terry - 74 Kyle Turley
TE 88 Tony Gonzalez - 89 Jason Dunn - 84 Kris Wilson
WR 87 Eddie Kennison - 81 Chris Hannon - 14 Brad Ekwerekwu
FB 84 Kris Wilson - 46 Boomer Grigsby
RB 27 Larry Johnson - 26 Michael Bennett - 21 Kolby Smith

LE 91 Tamba Hali - 96 Jimmy Wilkerson
LT 95 Ron Edwards - 92 James Reed
RT 70 Alfonso Boone - 93 Tank Tyler
RE 69 Jared Allen - 90 Turk McBride
LOLB 56 Derrick Johnson - 97 Keyaron Fox
MLB 50 Napoleon Harris - 52 William Kershaw
ROLB 59 Donnie Edwards - 99 Kendrell Bell - 55 Rich Scanlon
LCB 24 Ty Law - 39 Dimitri Patterson - 38 Michael Bragg
RCB 23 Patrick Surtain - 20 Benny Sapp - 34 Tyron Brackenridge
SS 49 Bernard Pollard - 25 Greg Wesley
FS 44 Jarrad Page - 47 Jon McGraw

Some interesting stuff...i.e patterson is right behind law

RockChalk
08-24-2007, 08:27 AM
parker has no business being on this team. bottom line, the guy can't catch the football. Croyle hit him with a perfect pass on a slant that was going to go for a nice gain and he dropped it. you just can't have those mistakes in a "veteran" player.

this was even more magnified near the end of the 3rd quarter when Croyle fired a high, behind the back pass to Boomer who made a heck of a catch. it's pretty sad when a former middle linebacker has better hands than your #2 wide receiver.

DenverChief
08-24-2007, 08:33 AM
parker has no business being on this team. bottom line, the guy can't catch the football. Croyle hit him with a perfect pass on a slant that was going to go for a nice gain and he dropped it. you just can't have those mistakes in a "veteran" player.

this was even more magnified near the end of the 3rd quarter when Croyle fired a high, behind the back pass to Boomer who made a heck of a catch. it's pretty sad when a former middle linebacker has better hands than your #2 wide receiver.

I agree which is why I was hoping to see Sippio last night but nada

el borracho
08-24-2007, 08:35 AM
I am kind of hoping some of our offensive playcalling is based on looking at players like Parker.

siberian khatru
08-24-2007, 08:41 AM
Parker has nothing to do with it. Parker's going to make the team, period, simply because he has far more experience than anyone outside of Kennison, plus the fact he HAS done a few positive things in his career.

But as I said last night, I suspect this will be his last year here. If things work out right, Bowe will move ahead of him by the end of this year and in 08 we'll draft another WR or two who should push him off the roster. In other words, the numbers will finally catch up with his subpar performance.

Mr. Laz
08-24-2007, 08:50 AM
considering i've yet to see sippio have a chance to do anything ...... i would think Parker's chances are pretty good.

DenverChief
08-24-2007, 08:59 AM
considering i've yet to see sippio have a chance to do anything ...... i would think Parker's chances are pretty good.

Yeah Sippio was signed right after the Browns game but not in time to play in this game...hopefully he can do something in the St. Louis game

Fire Me Boy!
08-24-2007, 09:02 AM
No way Parker's gone this year. No way.

I'm rooting for Sippio, though. As far as dropped passes go, Bowe dropped a ball at the 1 yard line, almost certain it would have been a TD.

DMAC
08-24-2007, 09:03 AM
Sammie loses games for us.

So, pretty much if he plays this year: Herm will play him to lose the game. HA!

DMAC
08-24-2007, 09:03 AM
No way Parker's gone this year. No way.

I'm rooting for Sippio, though. As far as dropped passes go, Bowe dropped a ball at the 1 yard line, almost certain it would have been a TD.Yeah, that was mighty ugly. Easy catch too.

Sure-Oz
08-24-2007, 09:09 AM
Sippio better get a ton of reps in the most important game of the year, the governors cup baby!!!!!!

Saulbadguy
08-24-2007, 09:13 AM
The only reason anyone is talking about Sippio is HBO.

crazycoffey
08-24-2007, 09:16 AM
I said my take on Sammie yesterday, but it's still the same today. I'm so sick of him dropping balls, it's not even funny.

IF

The younger guys, Sippio and Brad ewick-a-whatever included can come even close to the blocking that Sammie does (and he does block well, probably his only saving grace) and their route running skills are only slightly less advanced as our "vetern number two",

THEN

Cut his ass now or very soon. This should be written on the wall at arrowhead already. Sammie makes the team if he's not challenged by the younger guys in the blocking category.

DenverChief
08-24-2007, 09:16 AM

not really....I'm a pretty avid AFL fan and know of him pretty well..

wutamess
08-24-2007, 09:19 AM

I watched that play last night again and he almost made it an int just like he's done consistently for the last 2-3 years. Ball bounced right into the db.

StcChief
08-24-2007, 09:25 AM

The difference. Boomer tries to improve and is an athlete.

Parker is fast but...that's it.

Mr. Laz
08-24-2007, 09:46 AM
actually he was pretty studly in the AFL

Saulbadguy
08-24-2007, 09:53 AM
actually he was pretty studly in the AFL
Who watches that shit?

Mr. Laz
08-24-2007, 09:58 AM
Who watches that shit?
people desperate for football

John_Wayne
08-24-2007, 10:06 AM
I sure hope Scanlon gets cut. He's been dead weight for about 3 years.

chagrin
08-24-2007, 10:27 AM
Isn't this the 3rd preseason of Samie Parker sucking ass?
Just because he's a veteran shouldn't kjeep him on the roster, he blows goats. We shouldn't have a shitty WR mentoring our young WR's, what are they going to learn from him exactly?

steve_minor
08-24-2007, 10:59 AM
Who watches that *$%@?

The AFL is actually alot of fun to watch. I think it is very exciting football. The skillset required for receivers is a little different in the AFL vs. the NFL. For instance Randy Moss would not be an elite AFL receiver. He is downfield fast, well in the AFL downfield is row 10 of the lower level.

Sippio has great hands and is a beast once he has the ball. I don't know if he is overall fast enough to be in the NFL though?? I hope so...

GarySpFc
08-27-2007, 06:30 AM
I posted this in another thread, but then found this one, which relates more to Sippio.

I found the following comments on a Bronco board, and the one at the bottom on the Colorado Crush board.

According to the stats he runs a 4.37 in the 40. I heard Joiner tell HE on Hard Knocks Sippio has great hands and a good work ethic. If that is true, then it's Goodbye Parker.
Comments on Bronco board:
is sippio a chiefs....he's awsome
is sippio a chiefs now....if this is true wow what a pick-up for the chiefs now this wr can make some big time plays...
he can be a starter on any team and in my eyes he could be a top 5 Wr in the nfl do you all agree or not let me know..
------
he;s one hell of a WR and makes some great catches he'll make the team real easy...just watch
------
well in the afl in lead the league in reciving yeads...
I have watched 7 games on t.v. and he tore every game up...we'll just have to wait and see...\
but then again you might be right who knows..
------
ok he's 6 foot 3 220 lbs..2006 afl chicago rush champs..
4.37 40####2007 stats caught 125 passes for 1742 yards and 53 td's bobby sippio####as a cb afl 2007 same season had 66 tackles,5int's,2 kick offs for td's and 5 fumble recoveries.4 forced fumbles...
he's a great pick up for the chiefs which is bad news for us bronco fans.....all i am saying is watch out for him....great player
----------
And on the Colorado Crush board:

Sippio is a rare combination of speed, power and quickness but what is more impressive is his intensity. He fights for every inch while running after the catch and is one of the most devastating downfield blockers in the league.

Ultra Peanut
08-27-2007, 07:31 AM
people desperate for footballYet they trashed the XFL before it even started.

**** you assholes, Druck will always be a hero to me.

GarySpFc
08-29-2007, 10:54 AM
Sippio has great hands and is a beast once he has the ball. I don't know if he is overall fast enough to be in the NFL though?? I hope so...

Sippio runs the 40 in 4.37. His blocks are legendary. Reports are that he seldom if ever drops a pass. Herm recently commented, "That Sippio really knows how to go up and pluck the ball out of the air."

Yes, I know he was cut by the Miami Phins in 224, and that due to injuries. What you might not know is that was as a DEFENSIVE BACK.

Dartgod
08-29-2007, 11:25 AM
Sippio runs the 40 in 4.37. His blocks are legendary. Reports are that he seldom if ever drops a pass. Herm recently commented, "That Sippio really knows how to go up and pluck the ball out of the air."

Yes, I know he was cut by the Miami Phins in 224, and that due to injuries. What you might not know is that was as a DEFENSIVE BACK.
Are you related to him?

DenverChief
08-29-2007, 11:27 AM
Are you related to him?

:spock:

htismaqe
08-29-2007, 11:30 AM
people desperate for football

Can't say I've ever watched an AFL game on TV.

But I attend several in person, and it's a blast...

jidar
08-29-2007, 11:31 AM
I don't get it. Everyone is talking about Sippio like hes a top 5 draft pick but yet we picked him up in the preseason? If he's so great why wasn't he already on a team?

Saulbadguy
08-29-2007, 11:35 AM
I don't get it. Everyone is talking about Sippio like hes a top 5 draft pick but yet we picked him up in the preseason? If he's so great why wasn't he already on a team?
H-B-O

htismaqe
08-29-2007, 11:37 AM
H-B-O

Hype Boomer Overzealously

Saulbadguy
08-29-2007, 11:38 AM
Hype Boomer Overzealously
Now, come on. We did that before "Hard Knocks".

Fish
08-29-2007, 11:41 AM
I'm convinced the Chiefs follow the yearly undeserving fan favorites like Scanlon and Boomer and keep them on the team just to please the homers....

htismaqe
08-29-2007, 11:49 AM
Now, come on. We did that before "Hard Knocks".

True.

Hydrae
08-29-2007, 12:09 PM
The fans are liking Sippio for one good reason, he actually catches the balls thrown his way! Can he consistently do that at this level? Who knows? Hopefully he can get some reps during this last pre-season game and everyone can have a better idea of his level of play.

Chiefnj2
08-29-2007, 12:18 PM
I'm convinced the Chiefs follow the yearly undeserving fan favorites like Scanlon and Boomer and keep them on the team just to please the homers....

My inside sources tell me that they plug attributes into a formula and keep the player with the highest score. Some categories:

Player has not accomplished anything in the NFL (+5)
Player failed at original position and is trying out at a new position (+4)
Player has a cool nickname coming out of college (+8)
Player is white (+2)
Player was born in the midwest (+3)
Player fills a position of perceived need (+3)
Someone on the internet has once posted that the player is "fast" (+5)

htismaqe
08-29-2007, 12:20 PM
My inside sources tell me that they plug attributes into a formula and keep the player with the highest score. Some categories:

Player is white (+2)

I don't know whether to laugh, because this is funny or cry, because it's utterly believable...

Saulbadguy
08-29-2007, 12:23 PM
I don't know whether to laugh, because this is funny or cry, because it's utterly believable...
Both.

DeezNutz
08-29-2007, 12:37 PM
In his press conference yesterday, Herm slipped up and alluded to Bowe as a "starter." Don't know if this was a slip of the tongue, or an indication that Bowe's role will be bigger than some might expect come Houston.

GarySpFc
08-29-2007, 12:38 PM
:spock:

I originally found information about Sippio on the Bronco boards. Many posting there were very upset that we signed him. You will also find some interesting comments on the Colorado Crush boards. I found the following on the AFL site.

" WR Bobby Sippio (Kansas City Chiefs/Chicago Rush) – Had a career season with the Rush in ’07 with 125 catches for 1,737 yards and 53 TDs despite missing a handful of games with an ankle injury...Went to camp with the Miami Dolphins in 2004 but suffered a knee injury and was placed on injured reserve...Has seen action in just one of the Chiefs first three preseason games playing on special teams vs. Miami.

Outlook: When Sippio signed with Kansas City earlier this summer his agent all but guaranteed he would make the team...With no catches in limited action this preseason that may be hard to believe, especially with the Chiefs recently signing WR/KR Eddie Drummond...Sippio is better than the younger receivers on the roster and will likely land on the club’s practice squad to open the season."

Fish
08-29-2007, 12:39 PM

Player is white (+2)

LMAO

Carl Peterson ladies and gentlemen........

RustShack
08-29-2007, 12:40 PM
Putting him on the PS would be stupid, I'm sure another team would pick him up.

EyePod
08-29-2007, 12:42 PM
I've been talking about Sippio ever since I saw the video of him on YouTube. RIDICULOUS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXSLiahzFq8

EyePod
08-29-2007, 12:46 PM
I'd say it's a little harder to keep your hands on the ball in the Arena league. He's going to be used to really quick, powerful throws, and then getting hit right as you touch that ball. Our receivers don't seem to be used to that kind of thing. And yes, I'd rather have Sippio in there cause he can catch. It's better than just having someone with lots of speed.

Chiefnj2
08-29-2007, 12:47 PM
Putting him on the PS would be stupid, I'm sure another team would pick him up.
Everyone in the NFL was free to sign him for the last 2 1/2 years. There was no rush.

kepp
08-29-2007, 12:55 PM
I've been talking about Sippio ever since I saw the video of him on YouTube. RIDICULOUS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXSLiahzFq8
He made some nice catches there, but he'd better learn to tuck that ball away a little better.

RustShack
08-29-2007, 01:03 PM
Maybe teams didn't think he was that good for the past 2 1/2 years. I don't know for sure but are we the only team that tried signing him? When did the AFL season end?

GarySpFc
08-29-2007, 01:05 PM
Everyone in the NFL was free to sign him for the last 2 1/2 years. There was no rush.

Sippio was playing DEFENSIVE BACK when he was released by the Phins in 2004 due to injuries. Since that time he has switched to being a WR.

GarySpFc
08-29-2007, 01:08 PM
He made some nice catches there, but he'd better learn to tuck that ball away a little better.

If he can hold on to the ball with 2 or 3 defenders hanging on and fouling him, then he will be able to handle the NFL. Now go back and review the video.

RustShack
08-29-2007, 01:09 PM
Maybe Sippio was a hidden gem and now that we have him partially uncovered other teams want him. He is raw to the WR position in the NFL, but definatly has the potential to be good.

Tribal Warfare
08-29-2007, 01:33 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UXSLiahzFq8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UXSLiahzFq8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

in this clip , Sippio has done more to prove his promise than Parker has in his entire football career

kepp
08-29-2007, 02:19 PM
If he can hold on to the ball with 2 or 3 defenders hanging on and fouling him, then he will be able to handle the NFL. Now go back and review the video.
Don't get me wrong, I'm rooting for him, but 2 or 3 AFL defenders != 2 or 3 NFL defenders.

GarySpFc
08-29-2007, 09:58 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm rooting for him, but 2 or 3 AFL defenders != 2 or 3 NFL defenders.

Here is what was said on Hard Knocks tonight.

Okay, I went back and got the exact conversation. Peterson appeared to be talking to Herm said, "Sippio is a good player isn't he? Yeah, he's a big guy, big. He's big, he's as big as our number one guy Bowe." Apparently, Bowe and Sippio found out they are family members. Bowe said they are cousins.

Sure-Oz
08-29-2007, 11:07 PM
I hope this guy plays most of the game tomorrow alongside with bowe

44Page44
08-29-2007, 11:47 PM
I agree with Sippio but not Bowe playing the most of the game. I figure Bowe will play half, maybe.

KCChiefsMan
08-29-2007, 11:57 PM
after Kennison, he may have the best hands on the team. I say keep him

DaneMcCloud
08-30-2007, 12:57 AM
Maybe Sippio was a hidden gem and now that we have him partially uncovered other teams want him. He is raw to the WR position in the NFL, but definatly has the potential to be good.

Thanks for the expert analysis.

Boomer Grigsby for President!

GarySpFc
08-30-2007, 04:38 AM
after Kennison, he may have the best hands on the team. I say keep him

Excuse the pun, but I have read everything I can about him, and he probably has far better hands than Kennison. One individual stated, "I watched him play 7 straight games, and he caught every pass thrown near him, and only dropped one."

crazycoffey
08-30-2007, 07:59 AM
He's big alright, and he's always been shown spending extra time learning the playbook. He has a real shot at making our team, tonights game may make it or break it for him, and not just from the catchs. Is he making reads, adjustments, being in the right place and making run blocks? These questions I'll be asking tonight.

For all of sammie's dropped passes, he does understand the offense and he does make good downfield blocks, he stays if no one can challenge that aspect of his game. I hope Sip can do that.

Bwana
08-30-2007, 08:17 AM
I for one wish the guy luck. He has to be an upgrade to "stone hands Parker." Sippio still has to prove he can play at this level, Parker has proven he can not. I hope he gets some balls thrown his way against the Rams so we can find out what he's really made of.

Sure-Oz
08-30-2007, 08:50 AM
I really am looking forward to see sippio boom or bust tonight, lets hope the QB can get him a few catches.

GarySpFc
08-30-2007, 09:32 AM
Okay, Kennison and Bowe are locks. If Sippio makes the team who gets cut? We have Kennison, Bowe, Parker, Webb, Drummond, Ekwerekwu, Hannon, Randolph, and Sippio.

Sure-Oz
08-30-2007, 09:36 AM
Okay, Kennison and Bowe are locks. If Sippio makes the team who gets cut? We have Kennison, Bowe, Parker, Webb, Drummond, Ekwerekwu, Hannon, Randolph, and Sippio.
Drummond is a lock unless he fumbles multiple times tonight

Braincase
08-30-2007, 09:42 AM
I have to admit a weakness for Sippio. I like his attitude, love his hands, and now we find out he and DBowe are cousins, although I'd guess distant cousins.

Fish
08-30-2007, 09:43 AM
I'm just worried that the coaches aren't able to make a good enough assesment of the WRs because our OL won't give the QB enough time to throw a pass to them....

thehead
08-30-2007, 09:49 AM
Sippio has Attitude & great hands , hope he get's some thrown his way

BigRock
08-30-2007, 10:55 AM
Has it been confirmed somewhere that Sippio will play? Because I wouldn't take it for granted, just considering how far behind he is. Bowe has had the playbook since he was drafted and he's still behind from missing just one week.

Sure-Oz
08-30-2007, 11:11 AM
i dont get why they'd sign him and not intend to play him or keep him on the roster. i just hope he isn't like Bo

GarySpFc
08-30-2007, 05:19 PM
Has it been confirmed somewhere that Sippio will play? Because I wouldn't take it for granted, just considering how far behind he is. Bowe has had the playbook since he was drafted and he's still behind from missing just one week.

Confirmed no, but Tim Grunhard told me a couple of days ago to look for Sippio to get lots of reps Thursday.

Micjones
08-30-2007, 05:29 PM
Kennison, Bowe, Parker, Drummond...

Then either Eckwerekwu, Randolph, Hannon, Webb or Sippio.

Tonight should decide it.