PDA

View Full Version : Why not game plan last night?

Rick
08-24-2007, 11:58 AM
The coaches have said they did no game planning for last night's game, why not? I would think a 2nd year off. coordinator would need the work, especially after sucking last year. What the heck do we do anymore soooooo tricky that you wouldn't want to give away???????
Other teams use game 3 (pre-season) to get use to a game plan. Blame what you want but Solari will be our biggest downfall. Why in the world hire a first year guy, especially one who did such a great job with the offensive line for years????

By the way........Croyle isn't even close, Sammy is still Sammy, R U as sure about Medlock as the coaching staff, How soft can a Cover-2 reallly be, Is there a big difference between Kershaw and Napoleon Harris, and I'd say Turley is definitely one of our starting tackles.

Deberg_1990
08-24-2007, 12:02 PM
Because the game doesnt count.

Because we dont play the Saints this year

Because coaches never want to give away "too much" during the preseason.

Rick
08-24-2007, 12:09 PM
Because the game doesnt count.

Because we dont play the Saints this year

Because coaches never want to give away "too much" during the preseason.

Huh? You're not serious, right?

Micjones
08-24-2007, 12:10 PM
Turley's definitely going to be our starter at RT.
Once McIntosh returns we'll at least be respectable.
I think the offensive line interior is strong. With more solid Tackle play we'll be decent.

Croyle's just going to have to take his lumps.
He's a Third Round pick so I don't think he warrants the same kind of patience as a Brady Quinn would, but I'm willing to suffer through 16 games.

Parker should simply be moved to his rightful place as a #3. We've been sold on Parker being a legitimate starter too long. He never was. He'll be a solid slot guy though.

The Solari hiring was a mistake.

Mr. Laz
08-24-2007, 12:12 PM
that's what Herm says anyway

i've never agreed with it

why evaluate players under one system when their job is going to expect them to do something else?

it's silly

run you full offense/defense so the players get better at it and so the coaches can see if a player can handle it.

seems a much better way to go imo

this "vanilla" game plan is just an excuse for an incompetent coaching staff imo.

pikesome
08-24-2007, 12:13 PM

It's 3 good reasons not to gameplan. Maybe not the reasons Herm and Co didn't but good guesses.

It could also be a wonderful excuse to cover up the poor play. :hmmm:

htismaqe
08-24-2007, 12:30 PM
that's what Herm says anyway

i've never agreed with it

why evaluate players under one system when their job is going to expect them to do something else?

it's silly

run you full offense/defense so the players get better at it and so the coaches can see if a player can handle it.

seems a much better way to go imo

this "vanilla" game plan is just an excuse for an incompetent coaching staff imo.

I've seen "competent" coaching staffs run "vanilla" game plans, but other than that, I pretty much agree with you.

Rick
08-24-2007, 12:31 PM
Turley's definitely going to be our starter at RT.
Once McIntosh returns we'll at least be respectable.
I think the offensive line interior is strong. With more solid Tackle play we'll be decent.

Croyle's just going to have to take his lumps.
He's a Third Round pick so I don't think he warrants the same kind of patience as a Brady Quinn would, but I'm willing to suffer through 16 games.

Parker should simply be moved to his rightful place as a #3. We've been sold on Parker being a legitimate starter too long. He never was. He'll be a solid slot guy though.

The Solari hiring was a mistake.

I might agree about sitting through 16 games but I bet the players don't... How do you tell guys towards the end of their careers that (see Law, Surtain, Turley, Tony G., Donnie, etc.)

htismaqe
08-24-2007, 12:38 PM
I might agree about sitting through 16 games but I bet the players don't... How do you tell guys towards the end of their careers that (see Law, Surtain, Turley, Tony G., Donnie, etc.)

I'm guessing that Law and Edwards signed on knowing this might be an issue. So count them out.

Turley is lucky to have a job at this point. So remove him from the list too.

That pretty much leaves Eddie Kennison and Tony Gonzales. I think Gonzales has already expressed, in mixed words, that he'd rather have Huard start. I'm not sure about Kennison, but I did start a thread about some weirdness I noticed last night.