PDA

View Full Version : iPhone hacked - now can be fully unlocked

ChiefsFan4Life
08-24-2007, 12:02 PM
http://www.engadget.com/2007/08/24/iphone-unlocked-atandt-loses-iphone-exclusivity-august-24-2007/

It's high noon, Apple and AT&T -- we really hate to break it to you, but the jig is up. Last night the impossible was made possible: right in front of our very eyes we witnessed a full SIM unlock of our iPhone with a small piece of software. It's all over, guys.

The iPhoneSIMfree.com team called us up to prove their claim that they cracked Apple's iPhone SIM lock system, and prove it they did. (No, we don't have a copy of the unlock software, so don't even ask us, ok?) The six-man team has been working non-stop since launch day, and they're officially the first to break Apple's SIM locks on the iPhone. It's done. Seriously. They wouldn't tell us when and how they would release it to the public, but you can certainly bet that they'll try to make a buck on their solution (and rightly so). We can hardly believe the iPhone's finally been cracked. No, scratch that -- we just can't believe it took this long.

Again: we can confirm with 100% certainty that iPhoneSIMfree.com's software solution completely SIM unlocks the iPhone, is restore-resistant, and should make the iPhone fully functional for users outside of the US. Read on for details and links to our video, and check out the gallery of images below.

CoMoChief
08-24-2007, 12:09 PM
So this can now be available to sprint users?

htismaqe
08-24-2007, 12:24 PM
Awesome!

TN_Chief
08-24-2007, 12:24 PM
No. Only GSM providers like AT&T (obviously it's already locked to AT&T), T-Mobile and overseas providers that don't sell the iPhone yet. CDMA systems are still SOL.

Redrum_69
08-24-2007, 12:26 PM
THEY BROKE THE SOUND BARRIER AS WELL!!111

I also heard a rumor we landed on the moon

TN_Chief
08-24-2007, 12:26 PM
Awesome! Dude, it (iPhone) blows. I had one for 2 weeks and took it back. It positively limps running on EDGE, lack of cut/copy/paste, etc. Absolutely beautiful user interface, surely the way things will be done in the future...but the functionality/performance just isn't there.

MyChiefConcern
08-24-2007, 12:27 PM
Phone only uses though, right? Meaning functions like e-mail (unless you were connected to a wireless network) wouldn't work?

Skip Towne
08-24-2007, 12:30 PM
I also heard a rumor we landed on the moon
Well, you and I didn't but "they" did.

htismaqe
08-24-2007, 12:31 PM
Dude, it (iPhone) blows. I had one for 2 weeks and took it back. It positively limps running on EDGE, lack of cut/copy/paste, etc. Absolutely beautiful user interface, surely the way things will be done in the future...but the functionality/performance just isn't there.

I honestly don't care if the iPhone blows. It's been a big marketing tool for AT&T so any blow to that is a good thing.

Redrum_69
08-24-2007, 12:32 PM
Well, you and I didn't but "they" did.

I still think it was a backlot of a studio

CoMoChief
08-24-2007, 12:33 PM
No. Only GSM providers like AT&T (obviously it's already locked to AT&T), T-Mobile and overseas providers that don't sell the iPhone yet. CDMA systems are still SOL.
Love the avatar

Skip Towne
08-24-2007, 12:35 PM
I still think it was a backlot of a studio
Have you ever seen a moon rock? Me neither.

TN_Chief
08-24-2007, 12:37 PM
Love the avatarThanks. I'm stocking up on anti-anxiety drugs for the coming debacle.

Donger
08-24-2007, 12:39 PM
Have you ever seen a moon rock? Me neither.

I have. I've actually touched one of them.

But...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mouUUWpEec0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mouUUWpEec0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Skip Towne
08-24-2007, 12:42 PM
I have. I've actually touched one of them.
Probably a fake. Did it say "made in Taiwan"? That always gives them away.

jidar
08-24-2007, 12:42 PM
What does this have to do with Michael Vick?

Skip Towne
08-24-2007, 12:43 PM
What does this have to do with Michael Vick?
He is so last week.