PDA

View Full Version : Defensive Weakness

Messier
08-25-2007, 08:41 AM
It seems to me watching the first three preseason games, that the way teams are moving the ball on the defense is on the check down pass. They move the ball five six yards at a time by hitting the RB or FB out of the backfield. Is this a weakness of the cover 2? The WR's and TE's are covered but you leave a gap right behind the D-line.

Rick
08-25-2007, 10:40 AM
Our lb's are pretty freak'n deep it seems, even simple swing passes go for 8-12 yards a whack against us. We have great speed and experience at all 3 lb positions so what is the deal? We'll never get off the field playing that soft----doesn't really make sense with Gunther's kil, kill, kill philosophy. And if the lb's are that deep how can the safeties not stop the 15-20 yrd passes??????????? Hope it was just a bad night but I really don't see us winning more than 6-7 games-----and that's based on all 3 pre-season games, not just the Saints.

luv
08-25-2007, 10:58 AM
Tackling. Make sure they're down before you assume the play is dead.

Extra Point
08-25-2007, 11:15 AM
No blitzing in preseason. The unwritten rule, though Bennie Sapp got a good sack the other night.

BigRock
08-25-2007, 11:38 AM
The problem is the coaching! They keep calling the same defensive formation all the time. I mean, jeez! Don't they know anything?!? How are we supposed to stop people by playing a loose Cover 2 on every snap? Can't they see that the exact same plays keep working? Can't they see it?!?

Why, it's almost like they're doing it on purpose.

Crashride
08-25-2007, 11:57 AM
its still vannila guys, they havent brought out much, but I still dont expect it to be to much better

plbrdude
08-25-2007, 12:07 PM
the coaches are idiots. they would surely know what to do if they just checked in on the planet everyday. then the defense could coverpasses, stop the run, and have textbook tackling.

alanm
08-25-2007, 12:16 PM
the coaches are idiots. they would surely know what to do if they just checked in on the planet everyday. then the defense could coverpasses, stop the run, and have textbook tackling.
Well duh.

Warrior5
08-25-2007, 12:46 PM
its still vannila guys, they havent brought out much, but I still dont expect it to be to much better

Agreed... I'll add that we STILL aren't getting any push in the middle.