PDA

View Full Version : Huard named Starter

Pages : 1 [2] 3

alanm
08-25-2007, 04:05 PM
What a ****ing failure this organization has been. What a ****ing lack of direction/guidance this organization has been.

It's ****ing idiotic moves like this that ****ing drives me to the ****ing edge of the ****ing wall. Damon went 4-0 against the medicore ****ing NFC West, and 1-3 against decent teams. He was humiliated by Pittsburgh, and I think I saw him almost crying like a little bitch in Miami.

Also, should I mention that he had about 8 interception that were dropped by baffled defensive backs who had a "he threw it right to me?" look on their faces?

This is a ****ing disgraceful move. There's no reason to get rid of an old Pro-Bowl quarterback to start an old guy who's never had a starting gig in the NFL in his 11 years. At least if we play Brodie this year we'll know if we need to draft another QB early next year or not.

Mark my words: Chiefs fans will be calling for Damon to be benched by week 4, guaranteed. He got lucky last season, and only played well when Trent was calling his plays. Am I the only one who noticed that he played WORSE than Brodie in his two preseason appearances? He also posted a lower QB rating for christ sakes. We don't need a ****ing rocket scientist to figure that out.

What a ****ing joke of a head coach Herman ****ing Edwards is.
I said all along it was a mistake to trade Green. I took my beatdowns but in the end I may be validated. We should have keep him until Croyle took the starting job away.

Sure-Oz
08-25-2007, 04:07 PM
I said all along it was a mistake to trade Green. I took my beatdowns but in the end I may be validated. We should have keep him until Croyle took the starting job away.
no thanks

BigMeatballDave
08-25-2007, 04:07 PM
:rolleyes:

Ultra Peanut
08-25-2007, 04:08 PM
Oh, this is why Herm's a coward.

Bingo. The last thing a young, developing QB needs is a terrible line and bad WR's. Starting Croyle now would hurt him more than it would help.Yeah, because going 3-13 and throwing 28 interceptions killed Peyton Manning's career.

The Bad Guy
I'd like to have seen what Damon would have done with Will Smith up his ass every play and the worst WR play I've ever seen.

Its all Croyle fault.

It's not all his fault, but he didn't do anything to prove he's ready to start 2 games on the road - 1 being against the best D in the NFL.

He made some bad reads, and I think that INT against Miami sealed his fate.

Is it the end of the world that Huard is starting?

No.

Am I more confident we will win more now with Huard? Yes. Am I confident it's enough to get to the playoffs? No way.

PunkinDrublic
I would've liked to have seen Croyle get some playing time with LJ.

What good is that when the defense is already in the backfield.

Tribal Warfare
08-25-2007, 04:10 PM

It's maddening due to it's SSDS, same shit different season

pikesome
08-25-2007, 04:11 PM
It's maddening due to it's SCDS, same chickenshit different season

Just helping you put a finer point on this argument.

alanm
08-25-2007, 04:12 PM
no thanks
I guess we'll see when the season starts whether Green or Huard has the better season. :harumph: :)

Ultra Peanut
08-25-2007, 04:12 PM
I said all along it was a mistake to trade Green. I took my beatdowns but in the end I may be validated. We should have keep him until Croyle took the starting job away.No, you're still ****ing wrong.

I guess we'll see when the season starts whether Green or Huard has the better season. :harumph: :)That doesn't matter.

Coach
08-25-2007, 04:13 PM
It's not all his fault, but he didn't do anything to prove he's ready to start 2 games on the road - 1 being against the best D in the NFL.

He made some bad reads, and I think that INT against Miami sealed his fate.

No.

Am I more confident we will win more now with Huard? Yes. Am I confident it's enough to get to the playoffs? No way.

I disagree that we'll win more now with Huard. What point is that gonna prove anyways? If we established that we all know that we'd be lucky enough to get in the playoffs, why not try it with Croyle? What do we got to lose?

Huard had one of those moments where lighting hits bottle. He won't come close touching his 98.0 QB rating. Not to mention that this O-line is possibly worse than last year's O-line.

Starting Huard is just delaying what the Chiefs organization needs to find out now. If this organization is as "what have you done for me lately?" as they seem sometimes, lets see what the kids got, throw him in the frying pan and see if he cooks or sizzles. He never even got to give the ball to our biggest threat.

the Talking Can
08-25-2007, 04:14 PM
How's that going to help him if he doesn't have the supporting cast? It would be David Carr part II.

your powers of foresight are amazing...

my psychic powers tell me another 9-7 season in the works...I also hear someone in the 3rd dimension, I think it is my dead grandfather....he's saying "win now!...the window is still open!"....

Frazod
08-25-2007, 04:14 PM
Oh, this is why Herm's a coward.

Yeah, because going 3-13 and throwing 28 interceptions killed Peyton Manning's career.

Not every young quarterback who gets crushed behind a shitty offensive line grows up to be Peyton Manning.

Woodrow Call
08-25-2007, 04:15 PM

my psychic powers tell me another 9-7 season in the works...I also hear someone in the 3rd dimension, I think it is my dead grandfather....he's saying "win now!...the window is still open!"....

You're on fire today.

RedThat
08-25-2007, 04:15 PM
It seems to me that this organization is contracting themselves.

I'll start off by asking, Why did this organization get rid of Trent Green to begin with? Especially if there gonna go with a veteran QB.

I can understand if they got rid of him with a purpose to rebuild and start with a young QB.

But now the whole situation appears to off, you have to wonder, is this a move out of fear? I was ok with starting Brodie because I expect him to make mistakes. Which is fine if you're going with a rebuilding year.

And Im not gonna buy into the fact that he needs to sit to learn, and have a better cast around him. Nope. I won't buy into that concept. The only way the kid is gonna learn is by playing him.

*Sure the Chiefs probably won't be as good of a team if Brodie were to start. But that's the risk you have to take? you have to sacrifice a few bad seasons in order for your QB to develop, and to get good high valued draft picks.

I can't say im disappointed with the move, because I like Huard, and I think he can fill in and do a decent job. Im just upset because Im getting the impression that this organization has no sense of direction.

HypnotizedMonkey
08-25-2007, 04:16 PM
Huard is the best pick for the job... this o-line might give Croyle the opportunity to play this year though.

BigMeatballDave
What good is that when the defense is already in the backfield.So, Huard makes the line better?

Ultra Peanut
Not every young quarterback who gets crushed behind a shitty offensive line grows up to be Peyton Manning.But not every QB who gets crushed behind a shitty offensive line washes out, either. That's the point of giving the young QB a baptism by fire. It's going to happen sometime, so why delay the inevitable because the conditions aren't perfect?

I'll start off by asking, Why did this organization get rid of Trent Green to begin with?Because he still had trade value, his -- and the team's -- immediate future was uncertain, and we could use the extra draft pick.

PunkinDrublic
08-25-2007, 04:17 PM

As oppossed to your whiney no logic using posts.

Demonpenz
08-25-2007, 04:18 PM
congrats on huard. Bottom line is you have to pick who is best to win on sundays

Tribal Warfare
So, Huard makes the line better?

yeah, and more time for LJ to chew pain pills if they were candy too.

BigMeatballDave

my psychic powers tell me another 9-7 season in the works...I also hear someone in the 3rd dimension, I think it is my dead grandfather....he's saying "win now!...the window is still open!"....LMAO Dude, you are ON today...

OnTheWarpath58
Not every young quarterback who gets crushed behind a shitty offensive line grows up to be Peyton Manning.

And not every one turns out to be David Carr.

But since the organization is taking the pussy way out, we won't know for ANOTHER YEAR.

the Talking Can
DAMON HUARD IS THE FUTURE OF THIS FRANCHISE

TAPAS BARS ARE SO LATE 90'S

BigMeatballDave
08-25-2007, 04:19 PM
Not every young quarterback who gets crushed behind a shitty offensive line grows up to be Peyton Manning.No one is saying that. Shouldn't he be given a shot in the regular season?

alanm
08-25-2007, 04:20 PM
I disagree that we'll win more now with Huard. What point is that gonna prove anyways? If we established that we all know that we'd be lucky enough to get in the playoffs, why not try it with Croyle? What do we got to lose?

Huard had one of those moments where lighting hits bottle. He won't come close touching his 98.0 QB rating. Not to mention that this O-line is possibly worse than last year's O-line.

Starting Huard is just delaying what the Chiefs organization needs to find out now. If this organization is as "what have you done for me lately?" as they seem sometimes, lets see what the kids got, throw him in the frying pan and see if he cooks or sizzles. He never even got to give the ball to our biggest threat.
Granted Huard is the safer choice at the moment. Turnovers was the reason Croyle was demoted. Herm despises turnovers. And Croyle was getting confused by vanilla coverages in preseason. One could only imagine what uproar there would be when Croyle starts having 3-4 Int's in a game.

Logical
08-25-2007, 04:21 PM
It seems to me that this organization is contracting themselves.

I'll start off by asking, Why did this organization get rid of Trent Green to begin with? Especially if there gonna go with a veteran QB.

I can understand if they got rid of him with a purpose to rebuild and start with a young QB.

But now the whole situation appears to off, you have to wonder, is this a move out of fear? I was ok with starting Brodie because I expect him to make mistakes. Which is fine if you're going with a rebuilding year.

And Im not gonna buy into the fact that he needs to sit to learn, and have a better cast around him. Nope. I won't buy into that concept. The only way the kid is gonna learn is by playing him.

*Sure the Chiefs probably won't be as good of a team if Brodie were to start. But that's the risk you have to take? you have to sacrifice a few bad seasons in order for your QB to develop, and to get good high valued draft picks.

I can't say im disappointed with the move, because I like Huard, and I think he can fill in and do a decent job. Im just upset because Im getting the impression that this organization has no sense of direction.

I wonder who here defending this move will tell me they really believe Huard is a better QB than a now healthy Trent Green? Hootie you don't have to weigh in we know your answer.

pikesome
Granted Huard is the safer choice at the moment. Turnovers was the reason Croyle was demoted. Herm despises turnovers. And Croyle was getting confused by vanilla coverages in preseason. One could only imagine what uproar there would be when Croyle starts having 3-4 Int's in a game.

The same as when Huard puts it on the turf a couple times a game.

Baby Lee
Hit the nail on the head. A lot of people are just impatient. I'm a new fan, so I still have my patience.
There's patience while people gel and grow, and then there's patience where the only thing going on is folks growing older and eventually retiring.
While the D might experience some of the former, the O is going nowhere, and will be nowhere for a while due to this decision.

RedThat
08-25-2007, 04:22 PM
Huard is the best pick for the job... this o-line might give Croyle the opportunity to play this year though.

I agree he is the best pick for the job.

Croyle wasn't ready anyway. But I think if they went with Croyle, the Chiefs would be a really bad team. Which is fine if you want to rebuild.

It would just be a nice change that fans haven't seen from this organization.

BigMeatballDave
congrats on huard. Bottom line is you have to pick who is best to win on sundaysWell said, Carl...

PunkinDrublic
So, Huard makes the line better?

Huard at least will get rid of the ball quicker.

the Talking Can
08-25-2007, 04:23 PM

rookie QBs turn the ball over...they throw 3-4 ints a game...that's what they do...

it turnovers is the criteria then we are never going to develop a QB....

Baby Lee
Brodie pissed down his leg
We have no interest in seeing our QBoTF scarred for life with no surrounding cast.

Hours have passed and people still haven't decided, is this because Brodie sucks or because the whole team sucks?

ChiefFan31
Pardon me for not being panicked by this at all. It is not a conspiracy by Carl to go 9-7 and fill the seats. This isn't some repeat of a broken record on how we cannot develop QB's. On and on...

I think its easy to see they are trying to prepare Croyle to be the QBOTF, or at least find out if he is. But how would that be accomplished if we threw him out there, and he shrinks, wets himself, and loses all his confidence?

He demonstrated that he was NOT ready. So Damon will play for now..

Ultra Peanut
Granted Huard is the safer choice at the moment. Turnovers was the reason Croyle was demoted. Herm despises turnovers. And Croyle was getting confused by vanilla coverages in preseason. One could only imagine what uproar there would be when Croyle starts having 3-4 Int's in a game.So instead of having 3-4 INT games now, he can have them later this year or even next year! Awesome!

headsnap
08-25-2007, 04:24 PM
It it too late to cancel my Sunday Ticket?!?!?!?

I would much rather go 4-12 watching Croyle grow than 8-8 with Huard... :banghead:

BigMeatballDave
08-25-2007, 04:25 PM
Huard at least will get rid of the ball quicker.You mean dropping it on the turf?

Coach
08-25-2007, 04:25 PM

Well, if we're gonna mention turnovers, I guess fumbles isn't classifed as turnovers?

Don't forget Huard fumbles the ball every other time he is hit. I have no interest in starting a guy who is more fumble prone than Aaron Brooks, or Dante Culpepper. He will be exposed. think this is a terrible move as well.

Secondly, Thursday night, we had two first year starters at LT and QB. Gee, I wonder what the problem was?

alanm
08-25-2007, 04:26 PM
I wonder who here defending this move will tell me they really believe Huard is a better QB than a now healthy Trent Green? Hootie you don't have to weigh in we know your answer.
I still believe Green is the better QB at the moment. He doesn't have Croyles physical skills. But he's light years ahead mentally.

the Talking Can
08-25-2007, 04:26 PM
Pardon me for not being panicked by this at all. It is not a conspiracy by Carl to go 9-7 and fill the seats. This isn't some repeat of a broken record on how we cannot develop QB's. On and on...

I think its easy to see they are trying to prepare Croyle to be the QBOTF, or at least find out if he is. But how would that be accomplished if we threw him out there, and he shrinks, wets himself, and loses all his confidence?

He demonstrated that he was NOT ready. So Damon will play for now..

he proved that he isn't capable of playing a regular season game by playing in 0 regular season games ...

and we can't let him earn experience because he doesn't have any experience....

and he might get injured if he plays so he can't play...

OnTheWarpath58
08-25-2007, 04:27 PM

Huard has turned the ball over as well. And Huard hasn't sustained even ONE DRIVE in his opportunities.

I'd like to see some evidence that Croyle is "confused."

The guy I've seen made one mistake where he thought he was throwing the ball away, one where he made a poor throw, and one where he made a bad decision.

I've also watched him make the CORRECT read only to have his receiver DROP THE ****ING BALL.

Huard's receivers haven't dropped nearly as much, partly because Damon repeatedly OVERTHROWS THEM.

There's gonna be uproar no matter WHO plays. The difference is we've wasted a season by starting a 34 year old journeyman QB who has has 5 decent games as a professional.

ChiefaRoo
Huard is the right choice for now.

Tribal Warfare
Notice all the n00bs difending thid decision, the brainwashed masses. :shake: :banghead:

Frazod
08-25-2007, 04:29 PM
No one is saying that. Shouldn't he be given a shot in the regular season?

Who says he won't be given that shot later? It's not like he's timelocked in a vault under the stadium. Huard could get Geathered at any time. Croyle had better be ready.

Valiant
08-25-2007, 04:29 PM
I think Croyle will be in by game 6. Starting his career with games at San Diego and Chicago (after playing a D2 game in Houston) are a good way to wreck his confidence.

Chicago and San Diego will each have 10+ sacks against us.....

Well hopefully no one gets 7+ individually...

BigMeatballDave
08-25-2007, 04:30 PM
he proved that he isn't capable of playing a regular season game by playing in 0 regular season games ...

and we can't let him earn experience because he doesn't have any experience....

and he might get injured if he plays so he can't play...
:)

Demonpenz
I am glad for once the chiefs are atleast holding someone accountable. for years i watched wesley and people blow assignments and never get benched or lose playing time. Good message to send to the team. Screwing up will not be accepting.

Tactical Funky
You mean dropping it on the turf?
LMAO

alanm
Well, if we're gonna mention turnovers, I guess fumbles isn't classifed as turnovers?

Don't forget Huard fumbles the ball every other time he is hit. I have no interest in starting a guy who is more fumble prone than Aaron Brooks, or Dante Culpepper. He will be exposed. think this is a terrible move as well.

Secondly, Thursday night, we had two first year starters at LT and QB. Gee, I wonder what the problem was?
I'm not defending Huard in any way. I would rather see Croyle as the starter. Whoever is in there will be running for their life from the left side of the line. I kept screaming for them to get Switek out of there before he got Croyle killed the other night. :banghead:

Valiant
08-25-2007, 04:31 PM
you do realize that season tickets are already paid for, don't you?

I was shocked when I heard the news...I really thought that the conversion to youth(QB) was finally going to happen... :shake:

The ghost of Len dawson thrives again...

You do realize that a shit load of tickets are still not sold???

the Talking Can
08-25-2007, 04:34 PM
Croyle got to play with Svitek and Kolby Smith and Sammie Parker

Huard gets to play with McIntosh and LJ and Bowe and Dunn....

it makes perfect sense

PunkinDrublic
08-25-2007, 04:34 PM
You guys pushing for Croyle to start in week 1 are just pushing for doing something different for the sake of doing something different. Brody will still be developing by continuing to learn the playbook and taking snaps with the first team in practice.

Taco John
08-25-2007, 04:36 PM
I don't know why anybody is suprised that a conservative coach made a conservative move.

Short Leash Hootie
08-25-2007, 04:36 PM
Nice to see the coaching staff use some logic...

PunkinDrublic
08-25-2007, 04:37 PM
Croyle got to play with Svitek and Kolby Smith and Sammie Parker

Huard gets to play with McIntosh and LJ and Bowe and Dunn....

it makes perfect sense

It wasn't those guys who made Croyle throw off his back foot right to the defender.

the Talking Can
You guys pushing for Croyle to start in week 1 are just pushing for doing something different for the sake of doing something different. Brody will still be developing by continuing to learn the playbook and taking snaps with the first team in practice.

you're right...we don't want another 9-7

and back-up QBs rarely work with the first team during the season...and besides, he might get injured practicing so he can't do that either....

Frazod
You do realize that a shit load of tickets are still not sold???

I think that home sellout streak comes crashing to an end this year.

Ultra Peanut
You guys pushing for Croyle to start in week 1 are just pushing for doing something different for the sake of doing something different.Well when you put it like that, it makes sense! When things have been going so well, why rock the boat?

Bowser
08-25-2007, 04:38 PM
I don't know why anybody is suprised that a conservative coach made a conservative move.

This sums it up right here.

Demonpenz
08-25-2007, 04:38 PM
i am thinking about buying some tickets now that I know we aren't going to have crapoyle throw the ball to the bronco's ever 3rd play

Baby Lee
08-25-2007, 04:39 PM
I'm pushing because I know Huard will never take us anywhere. Brodie's no lock, but he's not a metaphysical certainty of nothing special.
We in deep water, but the coast is visible on the horizon, swimming is preferable to treading water in that situation.

PunkinDrublic

So Taco do you think you're donks would have been better served starting Cutler in week 1 or waiting for him to develop?

the Talking Can
It wasn't those guys who made Croyle throw off his back foot right to the defender.

actually, on his first int, it was...but hey, the Croyle experiment is over

so let's all hold hands and enjoy watching our 34 yr old swing pass throwing 9-7 loving QBOTF Damon Huard....and unlike Croyle, Huard is at no risk to get injured...I know, amazing....

Ultra Peanut
It wasn't those guys who made Croyle throw off his back foot right to the defender.Yeah, and Huard cemented the job when he... he... overthrew the ****ing running back?

Bowser
08-25-2007, 04:40 PM
Trent Green is having a good laugh right about now.

alanm
08-25-2007, 04:40 PM
Huard has turned the ball over as well. And Huard hasn't sustained even ONE DRIVE in his opportunities.

I'd like to see some evidence that Croyle is "confused."

The guy I've seen made one mistake where he thought he was throwing the ball away, one where he made a poor throw, and one where he made a bad decision.

I've also watched him make the CORRECT read only to have his receiver DROP THE ****ING BALL.

Huard's receivers haven't dropped nearly as much, partly because Damon repeatedly OVERTHROWS THEM.

There's gonna be uproar no matter WHO plays. The difference is we've wasted a season by starting a 34 year old journeyman QB who has has 5 decent games as a professional.
It doesn't really matter what we whine about on the board. It came down to who is more reliable at the moment. Croyle was turning the ball over at a unacceptable level and Huard wasn't. You can bitch all you want but in the end it came to what Herm saw and felt.

PunkinDrublic
08-25-2007, 04:41 PM
actually, on his first int, it was...but hey, the Croyle experiment is over

so let's all hold hands and enjoy watching our 34 yr old swing pass throwing 9-7 loving QBOTF Damon Huard....and unlike Croyle, Huard is at no risk to get injured...I know, amazing....

It's cool man ignore my logic and continue being emotional like a damn woman.

Valiant
08-25-2007, 04:41 PM
I think that home sellout streak comes crashing to an end this year.

I agree, I say 12/16 against Tennessee the streak ends...

Taco John
08-25-2007, 04:42 PM
So Taco do you think you're donks would have been better served starting Cutler in week 1 or waiting for him to develop?

I was calling for Cutler in week one. I thought Plummer was hopeless.

In this instance though, I think Cutler was more ready last season than Croyle is this season, both mentally and physically.

I think Croyle will eventually see the field though.

RedThat
"Won" roflmao.

This really is martyball now, no other way to look at it. They're so afraid of the QB making a mistake that they're going with the guy who can't possibly win a game for the Chiefs. Not because he's better, but because he's (maybe) less likely to throw a pick. And we'll see how true that holds, now that for the first time, he really is the starter, with all of that entails in terms of pressure and expectations.

It's going to be really, really painful watching an offense with 20 pass attempts a game, all of them floading out there like wounded ducks.

Things had been looking up, roster-wise, but this is a huge step back.

I hope you enjoyed your August in the sun, Croyle, because now you get to watch a martyocre career backup start in front of you, while your own development is thrown to the wayside.

Now it's official: welcome to the 90s! I wonder which SF qb we're scouting now.

ROFL That line in your post was funny. Couldn't help but I got a good chuckle out of it.

I will comment though. Sad to say though, Marty-ball is really our only chance of winning. I really don't see the Chiefs winning any other way? Do you?

Their best player is Larry Johnson. Might as well run it? We have the potential to be a good defense...So I guess run the ball, play defense? :shrug:

Throw in Huard. you have a QB who will probably make less mistakes then Croyle? Just ask him to play simple, don't turn the ball over. better chance to win I guess.

Priest4Prez
Nice to see the coaching staff use some logic...
Lets go to the wild card game this year and get spanked. I love the KC logic

Baby Lee
It doesn't really matter what we whine about on the board. It came down to who is more reliable at the moment. Croyle was turning the ball over at a unacceptable level and Huard wasn't. You can bitch all you want but in the end it came to what Herm saw and felt.
A Hyundai has a reliable engine. Doesn't mean you take it to the drag strip.

the Talking Can
08-25-2007, 04:43 PM
It's cool man ignore my logic and continue being emotional like a damn woman.

we know your logic...it's Carl's logic

Permanent Mediocrity

OnTheWarpath58
08-25-2007, 04:43 PM

Huard wasn't turning the ball over?

Do you even watch the games?

And if you really think this was Herm's decision, you're blind. This has Carl Peterson's fingerprints all over it.

Demonpenz
08-25-2007, 04:44 PM
I think of huard as a brad johnson for the bucs when they won the superbowl

alanm
I would bet he's slightly amused.

OnTheWarpath58
I agree, I say 12/16 against Tennessee the streak ends...

10/7 vs. Jacksonville.

Mark it down.

Priest4Prez
Herm said he wanted to go young. 33 isn't young. Dammit Carl

Guru
Lets just put it all to rest and start Printers.

Valiant
I am also staying from any Chief outside of TG like the plague in fantasy football..

Huard loves TG..
LJ is going to get killed with 8 men in the box, because no one is going to fear our pass especially long ball..

If only punters were on fantasy football, Colquit would get me some points...

NUMBER7

TJ...there in is the rub...the decision was KC's.

BigMeatballDave
08-25-2007, 04:45 PM
Brody will still be developing by continuing to learn the playbook and taking snaps with the first team in practice.Yeah, thats that same as a regular game...

Short Leash Hootie
Why?

Because he was crying about how "weighed" the QB competition was in favor of Croyle in KC?

Frazod
Lets go to the wild card game this year and get spanked. I love the KC logic

Montana in his prime couldn't lead this team to the wild card round behind this f#cking line with these f#cking receivers.

Seriously, I don't understand why people are getting so worked up over this. WE WERE SCREWED ANYWAY. Chalk this year up to a learning experience and hope nobody important gets killed.

the Talking Can
08-25-2007, 04:46 PM
I think of huard as a brad johnson for the bucs when they won the superbowl

I think of Chief Fans as Charlie Brown when that bitch pulls the football away.

OnTheWarpath58
I was calling for Cutler in week one. I thought Plummer was hopeless.

In this instance though, I think Cutler was more ready last season than Croyle is this season, both mentally and physically.

I think Croyle will eventually see the field though.

And wouldn't you feel better about Cutler this year with those extra 11 games of experience behind him?

Papi
Everyone seems to forget that Huard did a good job last season. His QB rating was second only to Peyton. Sure he's older and doesn't have a gun, but if you want the Chiefs to win this year he's are best option. If you want a rebuilding (lose a lot) year then Croyle would probably be the best option. But Croyle hasn't proven anything to me. He's got some great tools, but I don't think he's capable of being stud NFL quarterback caliber.

Guru
08-25-2007, 04:48 PM
Everyone seems to forget that Huard did a good job last season. His QB rating was second only to Peyton. Sure he's older and doesn't have a gun, but if you want the Chiefs to win this year he's are best option. If you want a rebuilding (lose a lot) year then Croyle would probably be the best option. But Croyle hasn't proven anything to me. He's got some great tools, but I don't think he's capable of being stud NFL quarterback caliber.
Yeah, Huard was the 2nd best QB in the league. uh huh....... ROFL

nomad
I think this team has too much to fix right now to hand it to Brodie.

I think the plan is to get LJ back and in a groove, get some semblance of order at WR and settle down the OL (if thats posible).

And then you'll see Brodie about by about the 4th game of the season.

Right now the offensive units are collectively .... a disaster.

I think they want Brodie to succeed, and are actually throwing Huard under the bus right now in hope of getting things squared away.... and then making the switch.

Priest4Prez
I think of Chief Fans as Charlie Brown when that bitch pulls the football away.
LMAO

Bowser
08-25-2007, 04:49 PM
:rockon: :rockon:

RedThat
08-25-2007, 04:50 PM
I can see it now. Huard plays kinds eh, but the team does decent and wins a couple games. Now they can't just "give up on the season" and put in Croyle, so Huard plays more. Then we'll miss the playoffs by a game or two and next year we'll hear the "We just need a few more pieces to be a really good team and win this year" shit. And then I jump off a bridge. But it was only a small bridge over a creek so then I go buy a gun and hold up a rope store so I can hang myself.

Inserting Archie Bunker's line 101, yep. That is exactly what is going to happen. ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Ahhhh, the perfect remedie for the frustrated fan.

:p

Demonpenz
i am excited there are some winable games on our schedule now

OnTheWarpath58
Yeah, Huard was the 2nd best QB in the league. uh huh....... ROFL

No shit.

People can't look past a 5-17 stat line and see that Croyle had to throw the ball away 3 times and suffered 4 drops, yet those same people accept a 98.0 QB rating as gospel.

Priest4Prez
I think this team has too much to fix right now to hand it to Brodie.

I think the plan is to get LJ back and in a groove, get some semblance of order at WR and settle down the OL (if thats posible).

And then you'll see Brodie about by about the 4th game of the season.

Right now the offensive units are collectively .... a disaster.

I think they want Brodie to succeed, and are actually throwing Huard under the bus right now in hope of getting things squared away.... and then making the switch.
Brodie can't hand the ball to LJ the way huard does...

pikesome

QB rating = bad measure of a QB's play. Peyton got a ring, Huard didn't come close. That's a bit more important measure I think.

The Chiefs are going to lose with Huard too.

I'd love a rebuilding year, the current plan hasn't paid off yet.

Huard's a stud QB???!!!???!!!

the Talking Can
08-25-2007, 04:51 PM
i am excited there are some winable games on our schedule now

you make Carl hard

PunkinDrublic
08-25-2007, 04:52 PM

Just because Croyle isn't starting doesn't mean we're not rebuilding. Another thing about Huard is he was pretty much thrown into the starting spot and played pretty well in spite of it. There's a lot of youth on this team that's going to improve and help this team get better.

Guru
08-25-2007, 04:52 PM
QB rating = bad measure of a QB's play. Peyton got a ring, Huard didn't come close. That's a bit more important measure I think.

The Chiefs are going to lose with Huard too.

I'd love a rebuilding year, the current plan hasn't paid off yet.

Huard's a stud QB???!!!???!!!
Make no mistake, we are no longer rebuilding. Business as usual.

htismaqe
08-25-2007, 04:53 PM
Well he didnt go on the free agent market, so its hard to say noone didnt wanna take the chance. I mean come on the Dolphins are starting Trent Green after what happened last year.

He didn't go on the free agent market because he signed BEFORE free agency started.

Because his agent advised him that nobody out there thought he was starting material.

htismaqe
08-25-2007, 04:54 PM
This will give Brodie some time to settle down, **** his new wife a bit, get his head on straight, wait for Huard to **** up, due to the pathetic OL we have.

Brodie will be in by game 5.

No, he won't.

They'll be .500 and Damon will be doing JUST enough to make them think that they can sneak into the playoffs again. We'll hover around .500 all year and find out in the very last week whether or not we qualify for the playoffs.

PunkinDrublic
08-25-2007, 04:55 PM
Make no mistake, we are no longer rebuilding. Business as usual.

Because of one ****ing position? Get real.

BigMeatballDave
08-25-2007, 04:55 PM
Just because Croyle isn't starting doesn't mean we're not rebuilding. Another thing about Huard is he was pretty much thrown into the starting spot and played pretty well in spite of it. There's a lot of youth on this team that's going to improve and help this team get better.Yes, because in your world, young QBs are developed by holding a clipboard...

Woodrow Call
08-25-2007, 04:57 PM
No, he won't.

They'll be .500 and Damon will be doing JUST enough to make them think that they can sneak into the playoffs again. We'll hover around .500 all year and find out in the very last week whether or not we qualify for the playoffs.

Exactly.

BigMeatballDave
No, he won't.

They'll be .500 and Damon will be doing JUST enough to make them think that they can sneak into the playoffs again. We'll hover around .500 all year and find out in the very last week whether or not we qualify for the playoffs.Thats it. That is my fear. I said it earlier. I fear going 9-7 and wasting Croyle's development.

OnTheWarpath58
No, he won't.

Spot on.

RedThat
IF,

And I say IF.....That is a big word...IF Damon Huard has a respectable season(like the way he did last year), IF he helps lead us into the playoffs...I would love to pull this thread out down the road.

It would be kinda fun.

Demonpenz
08-25-2007, 04:59 PM
atleast with huard at qb I have hope we may get on a roll and bring home a superbowl. Once you get to the dance anything can happen

BigMeatballDave
08-25-2007, 05:00 PM
IF,

And I say IF.....That is a big word...IF Damon Huard has a respectable season(like the way he did last year), IF he helps lead us into the playoffs...I would love to pull this thread out down the road.

It would be kinda fun.You haven't been paying attention..

pikesome
08-25-2007, 05:00 PM
No, he won't.

This thread ought to be over now, this is straight out of the Carl playbook. That's how we got here in the first place.

The Bad Guy
08-25-2007, 05:01 PM

You have no way of knowing whether or not Huard touches a 98 QB rating. This time last year you would have said the same thing.

The Chiefs won't find out shit about Brodie Croyle by starting him against 2 of the best pass rushing defenses in the NFL, on the road, in the first 4 games. There are far too many QBs who have their confidence shaken and are never, ever the same by playing with a shitty O-line and shitty receivers. People point to McNair, Roethlisburger, Manning, but all of those guys had lines and good receivers. The Chiefs have nothing of the sort.

You can't throw Croyle out to the wolves and expect he will come out standing tall when he couldn't read preseason defenses.

I know you are all pissed off that he didn't get the job, but the Chiefs made the right call here the more I think about it. If Huard gets banged around, it's no big deal. Croyle has far too extensive of an injury history to throw him out there early in the season against defenses that would likely pound his face in.

I'm no Damon Huard fan, but I'm also not a fan of David-Carring a QB that has very limited shots at success early on.

pikesome
atleast with huard at qb I have hope we may get on a roll and bring home a superbowl. Once you get to the dance anything can happen

???? Huard takes us to the SB? ????

the Talking Can
No, he won't.

and then we'll watch 2-3 of the top LTs next year go off the board because we're drafting 22 after yet another pointless 9-7 season...

htismaqe
I look at it like this....

if brodie struggles, you've got a decent back up to come in....

if huard struggles, you've got an inexperienced player that you've just put behind the eight ball.

it really makes no sense...

EXACTLY.

Croyle starts and you have a fallback plan.

Huard starts and then what? You've basically already said that Croyle isn't good enough by starting Huard in the first place...

the Talking Can
08-25-2007, 05:02 PM

i call bullshit

you have to be Carl...this is Carl Peterson posting

PunkinDrublic
Yes, because in your world, young QBs are developed by holding a clipboard...

Well they're not developed by throwing them behind shotty offensive lines.

Guru
and then we'll watch 2-3 of the top LTs next year go off the board because we're drafting 22 after yet another pointless 9-7 season...
And Season ticket holders will still show up next year.

The Bad Guy
08-25-2007, 05:03 PM
No, he won't.

That's why it pisses me off that Carl Peterson is in coaches meetings. He shouldn't be at those meetings. He should be doing other CEO/GM type things while Herm and CO discuss the depth chart and players.

Double-dipping will cause Carl's trend to continue. He doesn't want to have a bad season because it will cost him money as a CEO. Doing just enough to wet the whistles of this fanbase goes along way to lining the Hunt families, and more importantly Carl's bank accounts each year.

OnTheWarpath58
08-25-2007, 05:03 PM
IF,

It would be kinda fun.

Why?

It doesn't change anything. Who cares about "making the playoffs" if you're not capable of winning the whole ****ing thing.

Meanwhile, you've set the future of the franchise back ANOTHER YEAR, all for the sake of a one-and-done to appease the fans.

htismaqe's sig line says it best......

Thig Lyfe
08-25-2007, 05:04 PM
I'm pretty sure HBO made him do this for the ratings.

Logical
08-25-2007, 05:04 PM

Yup, so it is written, so it is said. Carl Peterson football.

OnTheWarpath58
08-25-2007, 05:06 PM
You have no way of knowing whether or not [Huard touches a 98 QB rating. This time last year you would have said the same thing.

The Chiefs won't find out shit about Brodie Croyle by starting him against 2 of the best pass rushing defenses in the NFL, on the road, in the first 4 games. There are far too many QBs who have their confidence shaken and are never, ever the same by playing with a shitty O-line and shitty receivers. People point to McNair, Roethlisburger, Manning, but all of those guys had lines and good receivers. The Chiefs have nothing of the sort.

You can't throw Croyle out to the wolves and expect he will come out standing tall when he couldn't read preseason defenses.

I know you are all pissed off that he didn't get the job, but the Chiefs made the right call here the more I think about it. If Huard gets banged around, it's no big deal. Croyle has far too extensive of an injury history to throw him out there early in the season against defenses that would likely pound his face in.

I'm no Damon Huard fan, but I'm also not a fan of David-Carring a QB that has very limited shots at success early on.

Or, you find out A LOT about him if he is even average in those games.

You find the most about a person's character when they are facing adversity.

NUMBER7
08-25-2007, 05:06 PM
Montana in his prime couldn't lead this team to the wild card round behind this f#cking line with these f#cking receivers.

Seriously, I don't understand why people are getting so worked up over this. WE WERE SCREWED ANYWAY. Chalk this year up to a learning experience and hope nobody important gets killed.
We have a winner. Thank you.

Demonpenz
08-25-2007, 05:07 PM
everyone talks about how 9-7 and a wasted season. I would call that a winning season. 2-12 now that would be a waste of a season

alanm
08-25-2007, 05:07 PM
Huard wasn't turning the ball over?

Do you even watch the games?

And if you really think this was Herm's decision, you're blind. This has Carl Peterson's fingerprints all over it.The stats in the book say Croyle thru 3 games 3 Int's and 1 fumble. Huard 1 fumble. Granted Huard didn't play Thursday but the stats don't lie.

htismaqe
08-25-2007, 05:09 PM
You guys pushing for Croyle to start in week 1 are just pushing for doing something different for the sake of doing something different.

Yeah, heaven forbid we do something different. I mean 15 years without a postseason win isn't near long enough.

htismaqe
Sad to say though, Marty-ball is really our only chance of winning.

Winning WHAT?

OnTheWarpath58
The stats in the book say Croyle thru 3 games 3 Int's and 1 fumble. Huard 1 fumble. Granted Huard didn't play Thursday but the stats don't lie.

You missed a Huard INT, and Croyle didn't lose the fumble.

And Huard didn't play on Thursday behind the revolving doors known as Svitek and Terry.

Ultra Peanut
I guess you didn't watch last season.

Thig Lyfe
everyone talks about how 9-7 and a wasted season. I would call that a winning season. 2-12 now that would be a waste of a season

Totally. Completely forgetting to play two games in inexcusable.

BigMeatballDave
08-25-2007, 05:11 PM
I think I will become a Browns fan. At least they aren't afraid to start a young QB...

Priest4Prez
Yeah, heaven forbid we do something different. I mean 15 years without a postseason win isn't near long enough.
It has only been 13 years

the Talking Can
everyone talks about how 9-7 and a wasted season. I would call that a winning season.

aarrrgh

you've made Carl and Lamar very rich indeed....

The Bad Guy
08-25-2007, 05:12 PM
Or, you find out A LOT about him if he is even average in those games.

You find the most about a person's character when they are facing adversity.

He hasn't been average in the preseason against VANILLA defenses. These defenses make very good caliber QBs look like shit because of their pressure.

RedThat
Why?

It doesn't change anything. Who cares about "making the playoffs" if you're not capable of winning the whole ****ing thing.

Meanwhile, you've set the future of the franchise back ANOTHER YEAR, all for the sake of a one-and-done to appease the fans.

htismaqe's sig line says it best......

WHO CARES ABOUT MAKING THE PLAYOFFS?!?!

What kind of a ridiculous phrase is that?

The goal should be to make the playoffs because once you get in there is no telling what would happen.

Who are you to say, and fortell that they aren't capable of winning the whole thing?

Benching a young QB isn't exactly a bad move. Some fans on here have to face the facts, Croyle was NOT ready to be the starter. Period.

BigMeatballDave
Winning WHAT?The Govenors Cup next week! WOOHOO!!1

htismaqe
IF,

It would be kinda fun.

Yeah, because getting beat down in the playoffs is a great reason to bump a thread and gloat...

Thig Lyfe
08-25-2007, 05:13 PM
Lets just put it all to rest and start Printers.

I second this.

RedThat
08-25-2007, 05:13 PM
Winning WHAT?

Uhh, games?

the Talking Can
08-25-2007, 05:14 PM
Uhh, games?

you correctly did not say "Championships"

htismaqe
08-25-2007, 05:15 PM
We have a winner. Thank you.

Winner? Hardly.

There's NO "learning" for a 34-year old journeyman QB.

Frazod said to chalk it up to a learning experience, which is EXACTLY what we would have done winning 5 or 6 games with Croyle at the helm.

As it is, we'll probably win 8 and learned nothing, because they'll do the same thing next year.

BigMeatballDave
08-25-2007, 05:16 PM
Some fans on here have to face the facts, Croyle was NOT ready to be the starter. Period.Yeah, he had a whole 5 quarters to prove himself...

htismaqe
08-25-2007, 05:17 PM
Uhh, games?

Winningest franchise of the 90's, baby!

htismaqe
It has only been 13 years

Oh, well in that case, what's a few more years?

Priest4Prez
[QUOTE=RedBull]WHO CARES ABOUT MAKING THE PLAYOFFS?!?!
QUOTE]
You want to talk about PLAYOFFS? PLAYOFFS? We haven't even started the season and you think we have a luck chance at the SB? I want some of that hash u got over there.

Ultra Peanut
There's no reason to start Croyle next year. We should keep Huard or maybe bring in Mark Brunell or Vinny Testaverde or something, because after all, we'll have already spent two years developing the kid by that point. Why rush him along when we've been so careful not to test him or hurt his confidence a little?

htismaqe
08-25-2007, 05:18 PM
Who are you to say, and fortell that they aren't capable of winning the whole thing?

ROFL

alanm
You missed a Huard INT, and Croyle didn't lose the fumble.

And Huard didn't play on Thursday behind the revolving doors known as Svitek and Terry.
Look I'm not a Huard guy by any stretch. But I can understand why they chose him to start instead. Croyle isn't ready. Peterson and Herm made their bed by deciding to dump Green who I felt should still be in KC and playing until Croyle took his job away.

WilliamTheIrish
I am glad for once the chiefs are atleast holding someone accountable. for years i watched wesley and people blow assignments and never get benched or lose playing time. Good message to send to the team. Screwing up will not be accepting.

It only took six years to send that message.

That's real accountability.

philfree
08-25-2007, 05:20 PM
It was time to choose. Huard can now take all the first team snaps and that will help. It would have helped Groadie Boil had he been namded the starter too but IMO he's just not ready. He should have played in NFLE this year IMO.

PhilFree:arrow:

Demonpenz
08-25-2007, 05:21 PM
i think some people take this shit too seriously. It's a business and entertainment. I go to the games and wish them the best. I am not on the field. I can't help the team. The negativity on here sucks. Arrowhead is a great place to drink beer and root on the chiefs with your friends. If you guys are going to be a bunch of bleeding tampons and shooting down fun stay away from where I am tailgating.

NUMBER7
08-25-2007, 05:21 PM
Winner? Hardly.

There's NO "learning" for a 34-year old journeyman QB.

Frazod said to chalk it up to a learning experience, which is EXACTLY what we would have done winning 5 or 6 games with Croyle at the helm.

As it is, we'll probably win 8 and learned nothing, because they'll do the same thing next year.

Even thought it is preseason....this is abysymal http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/teams/stats/KC

This team has along way to go to reach 500.

Easy 6
08-25-2007, 05:22 PM
Wow.

They gave up on the kid after 3 preseason games.

I guess that means they think everything is fine with the OL and WR's, since it's all Brodie's fault....

Unreal.

Exactly, lets just heap it all on his shoulders despite piss poor play from other critical units.

That outstanding drive against the fins was the flipside to the troubles he's been having, he's gotta be allowed to have some growing pains.

This is only going to hinder his development.

What a bad decision.

Ultra Peanut
08-25-2007, 05:22 PM
It was time to chose. Huard can now take all the first team snaps and that will help. It would have helped Groadie Boil had he been namded the starter too but IMO he's just not ready. He should have played in NFLE this year IMO.

PhilFree:arrow:what the ****

Cochise
08-25-2007, 05:23 PM
The only way I think this is a good idea is if the rationale is that Croyle is going to get murdered behind that offensive line. Even then, eh.

If the plan is that hey, Croyle showed nothing in the preseason, he's not ready, let's make the transition during the season... well, dubious. If the rationale is that we're trying to make a playoff run and we think we have a chance to be a contender - that's dumb.

I think that from the start, Carl and Herm thought that Huard would win the job unless Croyle totally blew their doors off during the preseason. They gave him a chance, he didn't show anything, so this has been the 'safe' play all along.

Cochise
08-25-2007, 05:24 PM
He should have played in NFLE this year IMO.

Well, if the NFLE still existed, I don't even know if that would be a good idea. It would probably be better for him to be here at full strength.

RedThat
08-25-2007, 05:24 PM
Yeah, he had a whole 5 quarters to prove himself...

I can't say I disagree with you there.

A lot of his throws though, show that he is a rookie bound to make mistakes.

Judging by the fact the way he played in the pre-season he has a lot to learn, and some of you guys want him to be the starter? haha

*He is not ready, people just have to accept that fact.

htismaqe
08-25-2007, 05:25 PM
Even thought it is preseason....this is abysymal http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/teams/stats/KC

This team has along way to go to reach 500.

Haven't you heard? Croyle is the reason for those stats. With Huard in there, we won't have all the stupid mistakes...

KC_Connection
08-25-2007, 05:26 PM
This team gave Croyle several opportunites, and wanted him to be the starter in the worst way, yet he failed. Huard was, and had to be the choice, here.

RedThat
you correctly did not say "Championships"

I did not say championships. Are you expecting a championship?

htismaqe
I can't say I disagree with you there.

A lot of his throws though, show that he is a rookie bound to make mistakes.

Judging by the fact the way he played in the pre-season he has a lot to learn, and some of you guys want him to be the starter? haha

*He is not ready, people just have to accept that fact.

Ready for what?

Taking us the Super Bowl, like Huard is going to do?

Ultra Peanut
This team gave Croyle several opportunites, and wanted him to be the starter in the worst way, yet he failed. Huard was, and had to be the choice, here.Yeah, he failed. At least Huard led the team down the field and scored a few ti--what's that, you say?

Ebolapox
08-25-2007, 05:27 PM
Feh. arrested development.

Ultra Peanut
I did not say championships. Are you expecting a championship?No, which is the entire ****ing point.

htismaqe

Nope. Not this year.

But we WERE expecting to BUILD towards one. So much for that.

Let's spin our wheels for another season, hopefully we'll be just good enough to get Carl Peterson another 4-year extension.

Mr. Laz
It was time to chose. Huard can now take all the first team snaps and that will help. It would have helped Groadie Boil had he been namded the starter too but IMO he's just not ready. He should have played in NFLE this year IMO.

a philfree sighting in da houze!!!!

Woodrow Call
This team gave Croyle several opportunites, and wanted him to be the starter in the worst way, yet he failed. Huard was, and had to be the choice, here.

:lame:

Ultra Peanut
Feh. arrested development.Hey, that's the name of the show!

RedThat
08-25-2007, 05:28 PM
Winningest franchise of the 90's, baby!

ROFL ROFL ROFL

I'll take winningest franchise of the 90's over what we have had lately with Gunther, Vermeil.

KC_Connection
08-25-2007, 05:28 PM
Yeah, he failed. At least Huard led the team down the field and scored a few ti--what's that, you say?
Huard proved what he could do with the Chiefs last season, they know what he's capable of. The pre-season was Croyle's time to shine, and he failed. It doesn't get much simpler than that.

Cochise
08-25-2007, 05:29 PM

We will never win a championship with Damon Huard. He's a fine player, I like him, but our window does not overlap with his useful life.

We could possibly win one with Croyle. But we're not worried about that. We're worried about not getting the requisite 7-9 wins.

htismaqe
08-25-2007, 05:29 PM
ROFL ROFL ROFL

I'll take winningest franchise of the 90's over what we have had lately with Gunther, Vermeil.

Yeah, I love to pull that one out when my best friend that roots for the Broncos talks about the two CHAMPIONSHIPS he's witnessed in the last decade.

Winningest franchise of the 90's!

philfree
08-25-2007, 05:30 PM
what the ****
What the **** do mean when you posted what the ****?

Demonpenz
people act like they could do a better job than carl When was the last losing season in 2001? Thats doing pretty good. Go chiefs

htismaqe
Huard proved what he could do with the Chiefs last season, they know what he's capable of. The pre-season was Croyle's time to shine, and he failed. It doesn't get much simpler than that.

He proved EXACTLY what he could do. No playmaking ability combined with the ability to not turn it over. Barely beat a few teams at home and beat on the NFC West to limp into the playoffs.

I know I'm excited!

KC_Connection
08-25-2007, 05:31 PM
:lame:
If the team's goal is to win this year, and I believe it is, Huard was the right choice.

Ultra Peanut
What the **** do mean when you posted what the ****?

PhilFree:arrow:I was hoping yours was a fakepost.

Woodrow Call

Capable of fumbling 9 times, throwing into the opponents hands, and crapping down his leg against real Defenses. Pretty sure Croyle is capable of that only with a real upside.

philfree
a philfree sighting in da houze!!!!
I always check in but i haven't done much posting for awhile. How you doing these days, Laz?

htismaqe
08-25-2007, 05:32 PM
If the team's goal is to win this year, and I believe it is, Huard was the right choice.

Gotta have those moral victories!

KC_Connection
08-25-2007, 05:32 PM
He proved EXACTLY what he could do. No playmaking ability combined with the ability to not turn it over. Barely beat a few teams at home and beat on the NFC West to limp into the playoffs.

I know I'm excited!
Yeah, that 98 QB rating was just terrible....

The guy's a decent, efficient QB, and the choice here if the team's goal is to win this season.

ChiefsCountry
08-25-2007, 05:33 PM
ROFL ROFL ROFL

And I would take the Broncos or Cowboys - 90's over ours anyday. Heck I would take the Bills even.

Cochise
08-25-2007, 05:33 PM
Yeah, I love to pull that one out when my best friend that roots for the Broncos talks about the two CHAMPIONSHIPS he's witnessed in the last decade.

Winningest franchise of the 90's!

Yeah... those playoff one and dones are what I always use to trump the "Have you ever seen your team win a championship" taunts. They just slink away in shame.

KC_Connection
08-25-2007, 05:35 PM
Gotta have those moral victories!
Are you denying it isn't this team's goal to win this year? You can argue that they are going about it the wrong way, that they have the wrong philosophy...but if they are planning on trying to win, Huard was an easy decision.

htismaqe
08-25-2007, 05:35 PM
Yeah, that 98 QB rating was just terrible....

The guy's a decent, efficient QB, and the choice here if the team's goal is to win this season.

WIN WHAT?!?!?

KcMizzou
08-25-2007, 05:36 PM
Well, shit.

I imagine the booing Thursday night pushed Carl over the edge... sent him into panic mode.

:shake: This sucks.

htismaqe
Are you denying it isn't this team's goal to win this year? You can argue that they are going about it the wrong way, that they have the wrong philosophy...but if they are planning on trying to win, Huard was an easy decision.

WIN WHAT?!?!?

KC_Connection
WIN WHAT?!?!?
Whatever the team's goal usually is...which I believe is to make the playoffs, and get some added playoff revenue.

Demonpenz
trint dilfer and brad johnson both won superbowls and I think that they are about as good as huard. Everyone is too negative. I think last years colts superbowl proves nothing is impossible

Woodrow Call
08-25-2007, 05:37 PM
Well, shit.

I imagine the booing Thursday night pushed Carl over the edge... sent him into panic mode.

Yep.

Demonpenz
08-25-2007, 05:39 PM
Well, shit.

That is not a bad thing. Fans are unhappy with croyle. The paying customer's voice should be heard and it was. I think arrowhead drive is starting to get the point that we won't be happy with sloppy play.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
08-25-2007, 05:43 PM
Yep.

Everybody talks about wanting to rebuild . . . only if there's no pain involved in making the team better.

Much better to remain 7-9 to 9-7 forever and never have to suffer through rookies and first year players making mistakes.

If anyone in management made any decision because the fans were booing, then they should be fired immediately. Talk about having no sack.

DenverChief
08-25-2007, 05:51 PM
Here is to another 15 years of mediocrity :toast:

Discuss Thrower
08-25-2007, 05:52 PM
Well, this officially means Croyle = Blackledge now, right? Is our draft order next year #1 OL, #2 WR, #3 QB?

splatbass
08-25-2007, 05:56 PM
I wanted Croyle to start, but I'm ok with this decision.

It is funny to watch another Chiefs Planet meltdown.... :) Some of you guys need some Prozac.

ChiefaRoo
08-25-2007, 05:58 PM
Here is to another 15 years of mediocrity :toast:

Well, at least the stadium is going to look great.

DenverChief
08-25-2007, 06:02 PM
I wanted Croyle to start, but I'm ok with this decision.

It is funny to watch another Chiefs Planet meltdown.... :) Some of you guys need some Prozac.

I'd rather see us lose under Croyle if we are going to lose anyway that way he gets the experience he needs....Manning wouldn't be the QB he is today if it weren't for the 3-13 season he suffered through....losing under Huard is nothing more than losing... the only thing this is going to do is piss of players like Tony G, Law and surtain who have limited time left in this league....

Demonpenz
08-25-2007, 06:05 PM
manning is a 6'6 smart qb who was a #1 overall pick. It was clear he had the tools. Croyle's small and an dumb

Skip Towne
08-25-2007, 06:08 PM
I was hoping to see another SB in my lifetime. Guess not.

splatbass
08-25-2007, 06:10 PM
Manning wouldn't be the QB he is today if it weren't for the 3-13 season he suffered through....

Pure speculation.

Reerun_KC
08-25-2007, 06:10 PM
manning is a 6'6 smart qb who was a #1 overall pick. It was clear he had the tools. Croyle's small and an dumb

Your not much smarter......

DenverChief
08-25-2007, 06:16 PM

Joe Montana was a "fragile" QB drafted in the 3rd round #81

DenverChief
08-25-2007, 06:17 PM
Pure speculation.

You're just speculating about my speculation

splatbass
08-25-2007, 06:19 PM
You're just speculating about my speculation

My speculation is better than your speculation. :p

DenverChief
08-25-2007, 06:21 PM
My speculation is better than your speculation. :p

HA! I have a degree in speculation (BS) from the Chris Berman School of speculation

splatbass
08-25-2007, 06:24 PM
HA! I have a degree in speculation (BS) from the Chris Berman School of speculation

Chris Berman? That guy can't speculate sh!t.

Yet somehow he makes a living out of it. :banghead:

the Talking Can
08-25-2007, 06:30 PM
i think some people take this shit too seriously. It's a business and entertainment. I go to the games and wish them the best. I am not on the field. I can't help the team. The negativity on here sucks. Arrowhead is a great place to drink beer and root on the chiefs with your friends. If you guys are going to be a bunch of bleeding tampons and shooting down fun stay away from where I am tailgating.

you are so beat down you don't even think the Chiefs deserve a Championsio caliber team....9-7

Bowser
08-25-2007, 06:35 PM
you are so beat down you don't even think the Chiefs deserve a Championsio caliber team....9-7

Come on, Can. Carl is doing what he thinks best for "The Greatest Fans in the NFL".

the Talking Can
08-25-2007, 06:35 PM

Carl has a shitload of aliases on this board:

"we must win now...the window is still open"

9-7

Demonpenz
08-25-2007, 06:37 PM

I don't care enough to get worked up there are more important things to get all pissed about. Go to the games and have fun. At the end of the day I just want them to do well. I just want them compete with the rest of the league. The last thing I want them to be is the royals always rebuilding.

the Talking Can
08-25-2007, 06:37 PM
We need a recovery program for self-hating Chiefs fans...I had no idea there were so many.

the Talking Can
08-25-2007, 06:38 PM
I don't care enough to get worked up there are more important things to get all pissed about. Go to the games and have fun. At the end of the day I just want them to do well. I just want them compete with the rest of the league. The last thing I want them to be is the royals always rebuilding.

that's what I just said...you want a risk free 9-7 every year....and that's what you've gotten....

Red and Gold Mania
08-25-2007, 06:49 PM
Next year Herm and Carl will add Donnell Bennett as a "missing piece".

Logical
08-25-2007, 06:58 PM
It was time to choose. Huard can now take all the first team snaps and that will help. It would have helped Groadie Boil had he been namded the starter too but IMO he's just not ready. He should have played in NFLE this year IMO.

PhilFree:arrow:Welcome back Phil, even though you have chosen mediocrity for expediency.

TRR
08-25-2007, 07:09 PM
I also wanted Croyle like many of you...But I'm not upset that Huard is the starter. I really thought Brodie needed to preform well on Thursday to secure the job. He didn't even come close to doing that. Even with the dropped passes, and the O Line mishaps, Brodie looked pretty bad.

Huard is confident in his abilities, knows the offense, and can help guys like Dwayne Bowe get on the same page in the offense. I'm not to sure Brodie knows the offense that well yet.

Croyle will continue to learn, and will get his shot. It's just not his time right now. He just didn't do enough in Preseason to win the starting QB job. Huard didn't have that great of a Preseason either, but he's got last year to lean on, and Brodie didn't have that.

GarySpFc
08-25-2007, 07:11 PM
WTF? He did absolutely NOTHING to earn it...

Huard won the job by gathering splinters in his butt.

jjchieffan
08-25-2007, 07:19 PM
Well, my hopes for Mcintosh just changed. Hopefully he will be out until somebody blows my Svitek and puts Croyle in there for us.

the Talking Can
08-25-2007, 07:29 PM
I'll say this: this is first thing worth arguing about since the epic TrINT debates of his first year.

OctoberFart
08-25-2007, 07:34 PM
Huard won the job by gathering splinters in his butt.
Pretty much proves the morons who watched River Falls training camp were filling you guys with a bunch of fluff articles that I called them out on. There reports were conflicting with Herm and Carls comments on the HBO show. WPI is complete garbage.

GarySpFc
08-25-2007, 07:42 PM
Damon is the starter. Puke, puke, puke.

LiL stumppy
08-25-2007, 07:46 PM
Needed to happen. He is the better QB at this time.

morphius
08-25-2007, 07:49 PM
The only thing that Huard could do to win the job was to get injured, it worked out perfectly for him. He couldn't screw up like his does everyone preseason game, so he looks better when the other guy screws up.

Oh well, maybe we will only play crappy D's.

OnTheWarpath58
08-25-2007, 07:56 PM
So explain this to me:

If Brodie isn't "ready" now as some of you claim, how is he going to be ready "later" in the season when his number is called?

Is there a magical "sit my ass on the bench and still get better" pill Carl is going to give him?

Practice means jack shit in this league. The only way to gain experience and get better is to PLAY.

6 Iron
08-25-2007, 08:02 PM
This decision is the distillation of two events that have been seared into my mind from the Hard Knocks series:

1) The look on Carl's face when Croyle was being discussed as a potential starter at the coaches meeting.

2) Herm spending hours coloring the welcome to training camp sign prior to the team's arrival.

Priest4Prez
08-25-2007, 08:02 PM
So explain this to me:

If Brodie isn't "ready" now as some of you claim, how is he going to be ready "later" in the season when his number is called?

Is there a magical "sit my ass on the bench and still get better" pill Carl is going to give him?

Practice means jack shit in this league. The only way to gain experience and get better is to PLAY.
seemed to work for huard

Priest4Prez
08-25-2007, 08:03 PM
2) Herm spending hours coloring the welcome to training camp sign prior to the team's arrival.
LMAO

TRR
08-25-2007, 08:25 PM
So explain this to me:

I don't know if it's all in that Croyle isn't ready...I just think that there is a different type of confidence in the game when Huard is in their right now. I can sense it...I think others sense that too. Sometimes you get that from a young guy, and some times you get that from a vet. There's just a different feeling I get when Huard is in the game right now.

Maybe Croyle will be that spark later in the season??

Ultra Peanut
08-25-2007, 08:28 PM
I just think that there is a different type of confidence in the game when Huard is in their right now. I can sense it...I think others sense that too.What ****ing confidence? Did the team really look all that confident going three and out time after time?

GoHuge
08-25-2007, 08:29 PM
I also wanted Croyle like many of you...But I'm not upset that Huard is the starter. I really thought Brodie needed to preform well on Thursday to secure the job. He didn't even come close to doing that. Even with the dropped passes, and the O Line mishaps, Brodie looked pretty bad.

Huard is confident in his abilities, knows the offense, and can help guys like Dwayne Bowe get on the same page in the offense. I'm not to sure Brodie knows the offense that well yet.

Croyle will continue to learn, and will get his shot. It's just not his time right now. He just didn't do enough in Preseason to win the starting QB job. Huard didn't have that great of a Preseason either, but he's got last year to lean on, and Brodie didn't have that.I agree totally with what you said. Also it gives the Chiefs the chance to bring Brody in if Damon starts playing like shit. I didn't want Brody to start the year on the road at Houston and at Chicago. That's alot to ask out of a young QB. If we come home 0-2 than we can maybe look at handing it over to Brody, which is what I think they have planned to do all along. Another angle is like what Denver did last year and we now have that option. Let Huard play the first half of the season and see if this team has what it takes to get in the playoffs. If we don't than hand it off to Croyle like Denver did with Cutler. Just get him ready for next year.

blueballs
08-25-2007, 08:31 PM
Huard gets credit for going 5-3
Croyle was given time to show something
he did -3 INTs in Herm's don't take chances O

OnTheWarpath58
What ****ing confidence? Did the team really look all that confident going three and out time after time?

I know 45 yards passing and an INT in 2 games pumps me up.

shrek6849
But htsmiaq told me Croyle won the job in March? He's never wrong...?

Ultra Peanut
A game over .500. That's ****ing sexy.

blueballs
08-25-2007, 08:35 PM
A game over .500. That's ****ing sexy.

It's the Vandyke
Chiefland goatee

shrek6849
08-25-2007, 08:40 PM
Who rushed to Madden and started the season with Huard once they heard the news?

blueballs
08-25-2007, 08:43 PM
Who rushed to Madden and started the season with Huard once they heard the news?

shouldn't you be in the dumpster
tossing the salad of a fruit fly

dirk digler
08-25-2007, 08:45 PM
Wow I am kind of shocked. I would have figured that Herm would have at least waited until after the Rams game.

I guess Brodie's INT's in every game he has played in the NFL sealed the deal.

Mr. Arrowhead
08-25-2007, 09:29 PM
Part of the reason i think this decision was made was Herm dont want brodie to take the fall for the first 4 games as our schedule is pretty tough, unless huard just tears it up, i am guessing croyle will start oct 7th against Jax

the Talking Can
08-25-2007, 09:35 PM
seemed to work for huard

Huard is a career backup who has never started a season...that's your definition of a successfully developed QB?

I'm starting to hope Croyle gets cut or traded for his own good.

OnTheWarpath58
08-25-2007, 09:40 PM
Part of the reason i think this decision was made was Herm dont want brodie to take the fall for the first 4 games as our schedule is pretty tough, unless huard just tears it up, i am guessing croyle will start oct 7th against Jax

So he's supposed to take 6 weeks off, then come out and light it up against a good Jacksonville defense?

Chiefspants
08-25-2007, 10:01 PM
Ohhh gawd...we'll see how this turns out...

LiL stumppy
08-25-2007, 10:07 PM
This decision is the distillation of two events that have been seared into my mind from the Hard Knocks series:

1) The look on Carl's face when Croyle was being discussed as a potential starter at the coaches meeting.

I don't know if you realize,but many QB's who sent on the bench a few years and learn tend to be decent QB's.

RedThat
08-25-2007, 11:04 PM
Im fine with rebuilding. But it doesn't have to mean we have to start a young QB and finish with a crappy record?

I can't understand some of the people on here? so paranoia, it's got to the point where it's just plain stupid.

What do you people want? Start a rookie QB and start 4-12...I think that is the peoples defination of rebuilding on here?

Yes, yes...4-12 is better than 8-8, or 9-7..it makes so much sense that we need to just go backward rather than forward. right.

A lot of you complain about mediocrity, but hey it is a lot better than being 4-12, or 3-13? And there is no guarantee that if you go 4-12, 3-13 you're going to be good down the road anyway?

Take the lions, the cardinals, or even the Browns? It could be a lot worse.

Just because you have a top draft pick, it doesn't necessarily mean that player is going to transcend into a great player? How many top draftpicks have been busts?

I think the peoples thinking on this board is backwards...I really do. You know what the Chiefs need to do? They need to have some REALLY REALLY good drafts. That can happen. It don't matter where you draft. Just draft well. We have Herm who is good at evaluating and assesing talent. So it's possible he can bring some good prospects in here through the draft. That is where I have some faith in Herm.

*Judging by the Chiefs recent history and you look back at some of the Chiefs drafs, they have bombed like 2,3, 4 drafts. That is whats come back to haunt us now. And That is what Im hoping that needs to change. If your plan is to build a team, ULTIMATELY you have to have solid drafts overall, and not bomb any.

Deberg_1990
08-25-2007, 11:09 PM
I don't know if you realize,but many QB's who sent on the bench a few years and learn tend to be decent QB's.

Very true. Two current examples: Phillip Rivers and Tony Romo

Either way, there really is no magic formula. Most Qb's who start right away dont become truly good until year 3 or 4.

Skip Towne
08-25-2007, 11:12 PM
This is "Catch 22". Brodie is grounded until he gets more flying hours. Uh-huh.

chiefbowe82
08-25-2007, 11:40 PM
This is a good choice. Brodie will come in sometime this season if it doesn't turn out, and if LJ runs us into the playoffs again this year, then GREAT! For a team undergoing a rebuilding year then great!

Chiefs Pantalones
08-26-2007, 12:54 AM
I'm more than sure Carl had a say in this.

No shit.

TRR
08-26-2007, 01:32 AM
What ****ing confidence? Did the team really look all that confident going three and out time after time?

I know he looked more confident when he lit into Bowe about not running the right route. Huard has a bit of a swagger about him. All along, I knew Huard didn't have to prove himself in the Preseason...Herm Edwards knows what kind of QB he is. Huard is a fiery guy who is going to manage the game well, lean on LJ, and not make the big mistake.

Croyle, on the other hand, needed to have a big Preseason because that's all they can evaluate him on at this point. His Preaseason ended up being just ok. Edwards gave the guy the job on a silver platter Thursday night. If Croyle would have went out there, and dared to be great, he would be the starter. Instead, he folded, and will have to wait his turn.

Trust me....I wanted Croyle as the starter too...But after Thursday, I don't think you can justify starting him going into two road games right off the bat.

Fruit Ninja
08-26-2007, 01:36 AM
I know he looked more confident when he lit into Bowe about not running the right route. Huard has a bit of a swagger about him. All along, I knew Huard didn't have to prove himself in the Preseason...Herm Edwards knows what kind of QB he is. Huard is a fiery guy who is going to manage the game well, lean on LJ, and not make the big mistake.

Croyle, on the other hand, needed to have a big Preseason because that's all they can evaluate him on at this point. His Preaseason ended up being just ok. Edwards gave the guy the job on a silver platter Thursday night. If Croyle would have went out there, and dared to be great, he would be the starter. Instead, he folded, and will have to wait his turn.

Trust me....I wanted Croyle as the starter too...But after Thursday, I don't think you can justify starting him going into two road games right off the bat.yup