PDA

View Full Version : Huard named Starter

Pages : 1 2 [3]

TRR
08-26-2007, 12:40 AM
Also...Most are acting like we just cut Croyle for Huard. Croyle is still on the roster, and will most likely get his chance as the starting QB for the season is over.

Maybe Croyle needs this setback to take a look at the way he played? If he was given the starting job after the Preseason he had without any type of track record....What is that saying? That you can throw 3 picks in 3 games and not have consequences?

Hopefully Brodie can be a Pro about it, and learn. He'll get his shot, but he just cannot turn the ball over in the NFL like he did 3 Preseason games in a row.

htismaqe
08-26-2007, 06:14 AM
8-8! YEAH!

TEX
08-26-2007, 06:21 AM
Thank God for Croyle's sake! It IMO, this is more about the twisted pile of $hit we call an offense than it is about Croyle's lack of ability. Hopefully, Brodie will get his chance later on - like maybe after the bye week.

htismaqe
08-26-2007, 06:24 AM
Thank God for Croyle's sake! It IMO, this is more about the twisted pile of $hit we call an offense than it is about Croyle's lack of ability. Hopefully, Brodie will get his chance later on - like maybe after the bye week.

And when it all comes together next year, we'll be waiting on our QB to work out the "last few kinks".

TEX
08-26-2007, 07:00 AM
And when it all comes together next year, we'll be waiting on our QB to work out the "last few kinks".

That's a chance, but IMO if Croyle started from week 1 this year, he'd be ruined by next.

htismaqe
08-26-2007, 07:01 AM
That's a chance, but IMO if Croyle started from week 1 this year, he'd be ruined by next.

He was ruined the day he was drafted by this sorry franchise.

TEX
08-26-2007, 07:07 AM
He was ruined the day he was drafted by this sorry franchise.

Again, you might be right. But you seem defeated. That's NOT your MO. I'll give you a day to recover. I like you better the other way.

DenverChief
08-26-2007, 07:08 AM
That you can throw 3 picks in 3 games and not have consequences?

Did I miss us benching Trent?

2001 Game 4 (1 win-3 losses) - 3 TDs and 6 INTs on the season

htismaqe
08-26-2007, 07:10 AM
Again, you might be right. But you seem defeated. That's NOT your MO. I'll give you a day to recover. I like you better the other way.

I am defeated.

Every year they give us some little morsel of hope to latch onto. This year, it was the hope that we're building for the future.

It's too bad you like me the other way - I actually did too. But I'm done with this. I'm not interested in being talked about in the same breath as the Cardinals and Lions.

DenverChief
08-26-2007, 07:16 AM
I am defeated.

Every year they give us some little morsel of hope to latch onto. This year, it was the hope that we're building for the future.

It's too bad you like me the other way - I actually did too. But I'm done with this. I'm not interested in being talked about in the same breath as the Cardinals and Lions.

:sulk:

TEX
08-26-2007, 07:17 AM
I am defeated.

I hear ya, but now is NOT the time to give up. This circus only has two more acts...You have a lifetime of Chiefs football to watch after the circus leaves town!

htismaqe
08-26-2007, 07:23 AM
I hear ya, but now is NOT the time to give up. This circus only has two more acts...You have a lifetime of Chiefs football to watch after the circus leaves town!

Remember saying that many times...right before Carl got ANOTHER extension.

He's not going anywhere, and neither is the team.

Baby Lee
08-26-2007, 07:40 AM
My speculation is better than your speculation. :p
If you guys are gonna speculate all over each other, grab some tissues and get a room.

the Talking Can
08-26-2007, 07:41 AM
If you thought - as I did - that this franchise was going to do something NEW, that it was going to take a RISK and bet on the future, that it was going to look at 13 years to total failure and CHANGE, then you can't help but feel like a sucker.

I'm pissed because Carl's m.o. is clearer than ever. And I'm pissed at the number of fans that seem thrilled by yet another promise of 9-7.

There is no pretty, easy, 9-7 way to develop a young QB. But imagine where we'd be next year if we found out about Croyle this year (for better or worse).

Putting off the future of the franchise for Damon Huard, a 34 yr career backup, is perverse. It's sickening. It is PURE CARL.

It's hard to be a True Fan of a franchise that so openly worships mediocrity. You don't "play it safe" your way to a Championship.

htismaqe
08-26-2007, 07:47 AM
If you thought - as I did - that this franchise was going to do something NEW, that it was going to take a RISK and bet on the future, that it was going to look at 13 years to total failure and CHANGE, then you can't help but feel like a sucker.

I'm pissed because Carl's m.o. is clearer than ever. And I'm pissed at the number of fans that seem thrilled by yet another promise of 9-7.

There is no pretty, easy, 9-7 way to develop a young QB. But imagine where we'd be next year if we found out about Croyle this year (for better or worse).

Putting off the future of the franchise for Damon Huard, a 34 yr career backup, is perverse. It's sickening. It is PURE CARL.

It's hard to be a True Fan of a franchise that so openly worships mediocrity. You don't "play it safe" your way to a Championship.

Excellent post.

Nzoner
08-26-2007, 08:08 AM
And if you really think this was Herm's decision, you're blind. This has Carl Peterson's fingerprints all over it.

It took 10 years but now maybe more fans will believe that it wasn't Marty's decision in '97 to bench Gannon and give the keys back to Grbac.

MahiMike
08-26-2007, 08:14 AM
This should last about 6 games. After a 2-4 start, Croyle comes in to save the day and help us post a respectable 5-11 season.

htismaqe
08-26-2007, 08:17 AM
It took 10 years but now maybe more fans will believe that it wasn't Marty's decision in '97 to bench Gannon and give the keys back to Grbac.

The problem is that the decision in 1997 was the OPPOSITE of this one.

Gannon was the journeyman with limited starting experience, safe with little upside.

Grbac was the young guy with the big arm, prone to bad mistakes.

jlscorpio
08-26-2007, 08:23 AM
Well, if it's any cosolation, Bledsoe was named the starter this time last year in Dallas...

htismaqe
08-26-2007, 08:36 AM
Well, if it's any cosolation, Bledsoe was named the starter this time last year in Dallas...

And right now, they're talking about Romo needing more experience, even though the rest of the team is primed for a playoff run...

stevieray
08-26-2007, 08:40 AM
I think there are gonna be a lot of empty seats at the home opener.

htismaqe
08-26-2007, 08:41 AM
I think there are gonna be a lot of empty seats at the home opener.

I honestly hope there is.

Maybe Kansas City will FINALLY get their collective heads together and send Carl Peterson a message...

MahiMike
08-26-2007, 08:42 AM

I agree. I don't get to see many Chiefs games in FL but I did see the Thursday night 'love fest' between ESPN and King Carl. They harped on how many butts in the seats Carl has had since coming to KC.

I about puked! Sure, Carl gets the lemmings to show up every year only to pull the carrot away around playoff time.

How wonderful - NOT!

dirk digler
08-26-2007, 08:42 AM
The problem is that the decision in 1997 was the OPPOSITE of this one.

Gannon was the journeyman with limited starting experience, safe with little upside.

Grbac was the young guy with the big arm, prone to bad mistakes.

Maybe that is why CP wants Huard then? Maybe CP learned his lesson?

:hmmm:

milkman
08-26-2007, 08:43 AM

I can't believe how many people have finally learned what I figured out years ago.

I am not surprised by the decision, since I have come to expect this kind of decision.

stevieray
08-26-2007, 08:44 AM

Maybe Kansas City will FINALLY get their collective heads together and send Carl Peterson a message...

something painful tells me it won't matter.

the Talking Can
08-26-2007, 08:54 AM
I can't believe how many people have finally learned what I figured out years ago.

I am not surprised by the decision, since I have come to expect this kind of decision.

for some reason I thought Herm had cojones...clearly my mistake

htismaqe
08-26-2007, 08:58 AM
Maybe that is why CP wants Huard then? Maybe CP learned his lesson?

:hmmm:

I'm one of the few people around here that thinks they made the right decision in 1997.

You ALWAYS go with the young guy over the career-journeyman. In retrospect, do you HONESTLY think Gannon could have won an MVP and AFC championship in KC with the offensive cast we had?

Don't kid yourself.

a1na2
08-26-2007, 09:03 AM
I'm one of the few people around here that thinks they made the right decision in 1997.

You ALWAYS go with the young guy over the career-journeyman. In retrospect, do you HONESTLY think Gannon could have won an MVP and AFC championship in KC with the offensive cast we had?

Don't kid yourself.

He had more of a chance than Girlbac did! We will never know about what Gannon would have or could have done in KC if he had been named the starter. All anyone can do is speculate but my opinion is that if he could do it in Oakland he could have done it on most any team. JMO.

Coach
08-26-2007, 09:04 AM

*snickers* Kansas City had their chances since 2003, and I'm still waiting for them to get their collective asses together.

I think after that last preseason game there was a whole lot of panicking going on at One Arrowhead Way. They saw what we saw and King Carl immediately went into Defcon 5 mode to find a way, not to win a playoff game or go to the Super Bowl mind you, but to plug some holes to make it into contention by the end of the year so that he can send the playoff bills out to every season ticket holder.

I'm telling you, that is the main goal of CP. If he can get close enough and be eligible to maybe get into the playoffs, he can get that 'down payment' in the form of playoff ticket money to keep the season ticket holders for the next year. He knows that most season ticket holders will go ahead and let the payment go to the next years fees instead of getting a refund. It keeps them there.

That is why his goal is always to be at least mediocre and if they are better than mediocre, that's just gravy for the King. That's a bonus that allows the ticket prices to be raised and maybe get more in.

It's a vicious circle, and it's getting really ****ing old. Almost 40 years of utter dogshit, with 3 great years thrown in does not cut it. People should have woken up to this when King Carl Peterson went up and moved the Chiefs the GREATEST FANS ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH to hiring idiots and raising ticket prices.

People had their chances to send a message to Carl and his ****ing croonies, but no, everyone just brought their f**king bowls with them down to Kansas City and got back in line for more of Carl's shit.

htismaqe
08-26-2007, 09:06 AM
He had more of a chance than Girlbac did! We will never know about what Gannon would have or could have done in KC if he had been named the starter. All anyone can do is speculate but my opinion is that if he could do it in Oakland he could have done it on most any team. JMO.

Yes, in HINDSIGHT, it appears he had more of a chance than Grbac did. But building a football team isn't EVER about one season. It's about the long haul. Something the Kansas Chiefs under Carl Peterson have really never realized.

John Gruden, Jerry Rice...um, no...I'm sure he could have led us to yet another 13-3 season with a 1st round playoff loss though...

Extra Point
08-26-2007, 09:09 AM
In KC, there is no future in QBOTF.

ChiefsCountry
08-26-2007, 09:14 AM

Don't kid yourself.

We sure do agree alot.

RedThat
08-26-2007, 10:14 AM

Don't kid yourself.

MVP? I don't know. But I think he would gave us a much much better chance at a AFC championship or a SB if we kept him.

Gannon proved to be a 10x better QB than Grbac.

Cast or no cast. He is arguably better.

Plus, the line wasn't as bas back then either.

6 Iron
08-26-2007, 06:54 PM
I don't know if you realize,but many QB's who sent on the bench a few years and learn tend to be decent QB's.

Yes, I am aware of that, and this may turn out for the best. I hope so. I have mentally prepared myself for a rebuilding year, but still believe that Croyle's best chance for improvement is game time. Not only, but best.

Logical
08-26-2007, 07:34 PM
I must wonder if Carl and his minions made the right decision based on the reaction. It appears the fans were finally ready to actually go through a development cycle and Carl misjudged the sitiuation and reaction. Interesting.:hmmm:

kcfanXIII
08-26-2007, 07:43 PM
i feel like i'm gonna be sick. this year is not the year we raise the lombardy trophy. why not ley brodie play the season, no matter how painful his learing curve might be? sure huard might lead us to a better record, but thats still a maybe, and we still don't know what croyle is actually made of when it comes time for huard to go. peterson is misjudging the reaction the fans will have to a 6-10 or 5-11 season. i'm perfectly willing to live through a royalsesque season if it means croyle is proven a starter or bust. starting huard just leaves too many question marks for the future.

ChiefsCountry
08-26-2007, 07:48 PM
i feel like i'm gonna be sick. this year is not the year we raise the lombardy trophy. why not ley brodie play the season, no matter how painful his learing curve might be? sure huard might lead us to a better record, but thats still a maybe, and we still don't know what croyle is actually made of when it comes time for huard to go. peterson is misjudging the reaction the fans will have to a 6-10 or 5-11 season. i'm perfectly willing to live through a royalsesque season if it means croyle is proven a starter or bust. starting huard just leaves too many question marks for the future.

A young team that is fun to watch but we know wont win alot this year would be okay in my book ie the Royals this year.

Toad
08-26-2007, 08:21 PM
Now I've been gloomy lately, thinking about the bad things to come
And I believe it could be, something awful has begun

Oh I've been drinking lately, and dreaming that we might win one
And I believe it could be, last place has finally come

Cause out on the edge of darkness,
There rides a Doom Train
Oh Doom Train takin' this franchise,
To 4 and 12 again

Now I've been suicidal lately, thinking about the losses to come
And I believe it could be, we'll take it up the bum.

Oh Doom Train sounding louder
Glide on the Doom Train
Come on now Doom Train
Yes, Doom Train holy roller

Everyone jump upon the Doom Train
Come on now Doom Train

Get your lube together, go bring your vasoline too
Cause we're getting Huard, who knows, he might win two

Now come and join the o-line, Lord know they won't block you
Cause we're getting Huard, who knows, he might win two

Now I've been crying lately, thinking about the team as it is
Why must we go on losing, why must we play like piss

Cause out on the edge of darkness,
There rides a Doom Train
Oh Doom Train takin' this franchise,
To 4 and 12 again

FAX

Instant classic! Bravo~

Iowanian
08-26-2007, 08:22 PM
Somewhere, in a 70's era 64' trailer house, Ken Packfan Dienberg just had another orgasm on his photo of Dartgod and Carl P.

This is the "safe" but silly decision.

That said...after Houston, the Chiefs next 3 games are rough Defenses, and some away. I look for Croyle around week 5....at home.

I've known for a long time, that this is a rebuilding year...a rebuilding Oline without a legit LT, a rookie WR and a young and inexperienced gunslinger, or mediocre armed Journeyman as QB.

I'm fine with rebuilding and the results, if its actually building towards the future.

This doesn't appear to be doing that.

Mr. Plow
08-26-2007, 09:40 PM

There is a reason that Gannon was essentially a back up QB for every team he played for until he got to Oakland.

a1na2
08-26-2007, 09:57 PM
There is a reason that Gannon was essentially a back up QB for every team he played for until he got to Oakland.

There is also a reason that Girlbac was a backup for every team he played for until he got to the Chiefs. He had a million dollar arm and a 4 cent brain.

Gannon was better than him from the start and proved it with distinction when the girl was injured. At the time the switch was made Gannon was the better QB in KC at the time.

TEX
08-26-2007, 10:07 PM

Don't kid yourself.

I see your logic, but to answer your question - Yes, I do. He played well enough to beat Denver didn't he?

ChiefsCountry
08-26-2007, 10:10 PM
There is also a reason that Girlbac was a backup for every team he played for until he got to the Chiefs. He had a million dollar arm and a 4 cent brain.

I think the reason was bc he was Steve Young's backup during the prime of his career. Besides it was only one team.