PDA

View Full Version : Does Herm's decision to start Huard cause you to lose interest in the Chiefs season?

Logical
08-25-2007, 03:24 PM
I know it lowers my interest level greatly. A sad day.

Fruit Ninja
08-25-2007, 03:26 PM
Nope, not at all.

I voted No, and it put me for yes vote. lol

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-25-2007, 03:29 PM
My interest had already waned... so no.

Logical
08-25-2007, 03:30 PM
My interest had already waned... so no.

No check the names you are listed as a no vote.

AZORChiefFan
08-25-2007, 03:31 PM
In a sense yes. First 3 of 4 games on the road 1 against division rival. That'd be a tough stretch for any 2nd year QB. Yes he has to get his feet wet but I'd like to see that happen in the Home Opener or 2nd home game.

Lets say Huard manages the games he is starting much like last year much like Steve Bono meaning not going to do anything to win the game but won't lose it either. The chiefs are above 500 in these games, I fear he'll get the nod the rest of the season or until they are eliminated from play-off contention. At which point when they have nothing to play for other than draft position will Croyle get the start. Thus retarding his growth for another season.

M-E-D-I-O-C-R-I-T-Y REIGNS!!!

Woodrow Call
08-25-2007, 03:32 PM
significantly lower

Frazod
08-25-2007, 03:33 PM
No. Doesn't matter who lines up behind center. I've figured with our OL/WR issues that this season would be lost regardless of who started at QB.

That said, I'll still watch the games, but I have zero hope for these clowns this year. And I hope that if we're going to have a bad year, that it's really bad, not just lukewarm draft-in-the-high-teens bad.

But regardless I hope we beat Denver. :cuss:

keg in kc
08-25-2007, 03:33 PM
Yes.

I'm not at all interested in watching a Noodle-arm Huard-led offense. It'll be just like last year. They'll score 20-30 against teams that can't stop LJ, and have a chance to win those games. Then they'll be held to 9 or 10 against teams that can stop LJ, with no chance at all of winning.

They'll (meaning defenses) give him all the 5-yard throws he wants. They know he doesn't have the arm to beat anybody deep. So he'll throw 175-200 yards per game, and we'll maybe go 8-8 because we won't have the offense to beat any good teams.

luv
08-25-2007, 03:35 PM
Am I disappointed? Yes.

Have I lost any interest? No.

I wish we would have taken a risk, but there are still other young players that will hopefully get their chance to develop.

Molitoth
08-25-2007, 03:37 PM
If Huard plays like last year you guys are gonna have a bunch of crow to eat.

AZORChiefFan
08-25-2007, 03:39 PM
You mean hand it off to 27 a record number of times?

Fumble?

"Manage" the offense?

Woodrow Call
08-25-2007, 03:41 PM
You mean hand it off to 27 a record number of times?

Fumble?

"Manage" the offense?

LMAO

ClevelandBronco
08-25-2007, 03:41 PM
Have I lost interest in the Chiefs' season? Oh, hell no.

Frazod
08-25-2007, 03:42 PM
Have I lost interest in the Chiefs' season? Oh, hell no.

Bastard. :D

greg63
08-25-2007, 03:44 PM
No; just my expectations.

BigMeatballDave
08-25-2007, 03:44 PM

Whoo-hoo. Everyone aboard the 8-8 train. You're conductor today is Damon Huard. Our final destination is the 2008 NFL Draft where we'll be selecting 18th overall.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-25-2007, 03:47 PM
No check the names you are listed as a no vote.
That's good cause that's what I voted for. No, my interest is not less than before.

KCChiefsMan
08-25-2007, 03:48 PM
I tend to like to wait and see how we look in the regular season before I panic or give up

KCChiefsMan
08-25-2007, 03:49 PM
Damon Huard didn't play the playoff game, they gave it back to Trent even though Damon was doing pretty well. I think it could have been different

ClevelandBronco
08-25-2007, 03:50 PM
Bastard. :D

Nobody delivered that word better than John Cleese.

"You bastard!"

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/c/c0/John_Cleese.jpg/200px-John_Cleese.jpg

the Talking Can
08-25-2007, 03:53 PM
I've waited my whole life to watch career back up Damon Huard swing pass his way to another 9-7 season and another lower first round draft pick.

Really I have.

My excitement disappeared like a turd down a toilet.

SCTrojan
08-25-2007, 03:55 PM
From what I've seen, Croyle isn't ready. It doesn't help that the line is in disarray and the receivers aren't top notch. Huard will be able to manage that situation at this point better than Croyle.

Count me as one of those fans who would rather have the Chiefs in every game and go 8-8 than go 4-12 just to get a young quarterback ready.

Bwana
08-25-2007, 03:55 PM
Nope

Cjanz
08-25-2007, 03:58 PM
Not by much. I really looked forward to seeing Croyle starting and making some big plays, but if Huard ends up SUCKING they can always put Croyle in.

Frazod
08-25-2007, 03:58 PM
Count me as one of those fans who would rather have the Chiefs in every game and go 8-8 than go 4-12 just to get a young quarterback ready.

Why? So we can be mediocre every single year?

We're not winning jack this year. And if that's the case, and just supposing the next Shields or Roaf is lurking in next year's draft, I'd rather we took them at No. 5 than Oakland.

We don't really have a present, but we do have a future.

siberian khatru
08-25-2007, 04:00 PM
http://www.vam.ac.uk/vastatic/microsites/1202_printroom_boxes/1202_images/graphics_and_advertising/yes_e2470.jpg

the Talking Can
08-25-2007, 04:00 PM
From what I've seen, Croyle isn't ready. It doesn't help that the line is in disarray and the receivers aren't top notch. Huard will be able to manage that situation at this point better than Croyle.

and people think I'm making this shit up

thank for stating Carl's "Theory of Permanent Mediocrity" perfectly..

KC Jones
08-25-2007, 04:01 PM
No, my interest has fallen about as far as it can given the last 3 preseason games. I'll be dissapointed if Croyle doesn't get a lot of reps later this year, but Herm can't just give the kid the job. He needs to earn it, and he just didn't get that done and he was given a chance.

Zebedee DuBois
08-25-2007, 04:01 PM
The last three coaching changes and the last three years have lessened my interest, but relative to this year, this QB decision doesn't.

I didn't think we were going to be a juggernaut this year, and was interested more in whether the o-line could come together, whether the WRs would improve, whether the defense would be top ten.

And face it, the QB decision isn't final, it is just postponed. That surely is worth some drama.

Woodrow Call
08-25-2007, 04:04 PM

ROFL

Frazod
08-25-2007, 04:04 PM
I should also clarify my answer to say that my interest was already pretty goddamn low; this just had no real bearing on it.

Got my DTV bill in the mail yesterday - I've already started paying out the ass for Sunday Ticket and Super Fan. So I'll get to see every single ass-sucking, embarassing moment in vivid HD clarity. Lucky me.

:banghead:

BWillie
08-25-2007, 04:05 PM
My interest level is much higher actually. How did Brodie take this job? It was Huards to lose and Croyle did nothing to take it. You try to win games before you throw in the white flag. If Huard goes 1-4 to start, expect Croyle to start, but I think this is the best decision to make.

pikesome
08-25-2007, 04:06 PM
I vote no because I'm a masochist. I'll watch and bitch, bitch and watch just like I've done in the past. :(

cdcox
08-25-2007, 04:06 PM
My interest level was not affected, but my excitement level was.

Frazod
08-25-2007, 04:07 PM
I vote no because I'm a masochist. I'll watch and bitch, bitch and watch just like I've done in the past. :(

We're Chiefs fans. The masochist part goes without saying. :whip:

Logical
08-25-2007, 04:09 PM

thank for stating Carl's "Theory of Permanent Mediocrity" perfectly..:clap::clap::clap:

Ultra Peanut
08-25-2007, 04:14 PM
Honest to God, I was just about to buy some tickets before reading this and losing the will to do so.

Baconeater
08-25-2007, 04:14 PM
You had expectations?

milkman
08-25-2007, 04:24 PM
We don't really have a present, but we do have a future.

That future doesn't really start until Carl finally leaves.

As someone who never thought that Marty would take us anywhere when he hired, and that Gunt would never take us anywhere, and that Dick would never take us anywhere, and that Herman ****ing Edwards will never take us anywhere, I'd have to answer no, my interest in this season hasn't been diminished.

I have, for 30 years or so, gone into every season without any real expectation of fielding a team that had a chance to make a run to the SB.

I just happen to be someone that loves football, and have been a fan of the Chiefs since childhood.

My interest level and my expectations are pretty much the same as always.

Priest4Prez
08-25-2007, 04:35 PM
Dammit. I have to watch Dormant Damon in San Diego. That sux

htismaqe
08-25-2007, 04:38 PM
That future doesn't really start until Carl finally leaves.

As someone who never thought that Marty would take us anywhere when he hired, and that Gunt would never take us anywhere, and that Dick would never take us anywhere, and that Herman ****ing Edwards will never take us anywhere, I'd have to answer no, my interest in this season hasn't been diminished.

I have, for 30 years or so, gone into every season without any real expectation of fielding a team that had a chance to make a run to the SB.

I just happen to be someone that loves football, and have been a fan of the Chiefs since childhood.

My interest level and my expectations are pretty much the same as always.

I'm done with Carl. This is the last time I allow myself to get excited about a Chiefs' season. They've managed to kill every ounce of enthusiasm I had.

Kevin Keitzman and Reerun might as well move over, because I'm ready to drive the train...

OnTheWarpath58
08-25-2007, 04:40 PM
Dammit. I have to watch Dormant Damon in San Diego. That sux

Tell me about it.

I was all excited to see this team in Houston.

Now I'm wishing I had bought refundable airfare.....

BigRock
08-25-2007, 04:41 PM
I have totally lost interest. And I'll prove it by making 50 more posts about this topic in the next half hour.

I want us to go 3-13 because I know that Croyle struggling in his first season gives us a .00000042% chance of him ending up the next Peyton Manning. No good QB has ever sat his first few years, and if you say different you're a fraud and a liar. These losers who like being in the playoff chase at the end of the year are brainless, toothless retards who shower in the river and sleep with their sisters. That is, when they aren't drooling all over their Carl Peterson posters.

I am WAY cooler than those people. Smarter, too.

Guru
08-25-2007, 04:46 PM
Does it lower my interest? NO. I will always be a Chiefs fan through thick and thin.

Does it lower my expectations for this season. Not really.

Does it lower my expectations for the future? Greatly.

KC Jones
08-25-2007, 04:46 PM

I actually felt like we were on the verge in the 90's. If not for Joe getting KOed in '93 and then choosing girlbac over Gannon in '97, who knows? :shrug:

Woodrow Call
08-25-2007, 04:47 PM
Kevin Keitzman and Reerun might as well move over, because I'm ready to drive the train...

I just bought my ticket

OnTheWarpath58
08-25-2007, 04:47 PM
Does it lower my interest? NO. I will always be a Chiefs fan through thick and thin.

Does it lower my expectations for this season. Not really.

Does it lower my expectations for the future? Greatly.

Perfectly said.

88TG88
08-25-2007, 04:48 PM
agreed

Thig Lyfe
08-25-2007, 04:52 PM
Huard = MVP

pikesome
08-25-2007, 04:54 PM
Huard = MVP

Colquitt = MVP

Priest4Prez
08-25-2007, 04:57 PM
Huard = MVP
More Vulnerable in the Pocket?

Priest4Prez
08-25-2007, 05:00 PM
Colquitt = MVP
Agreed

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
08-25-2007, 05:49 PM
For the first time in my life, I'm looking forward to NEXT year before this year even starts. I'm hoping the new players MIGHT get to play sometime in 2008 (obviously not in late January).

Chiefnj2
08-25-2007, 06:01 PM
With any luck the Chiefs will lose revenue this year and the Hunt family will sell the Chiefs.

It starts up top. Lamar and son have given Carl the keys to the franchise. I don't think anything will change until a change is made way up.

Even if Carl were to leave does anyone think there will be new blood in the organization? The good ole boy club will be alive and well with Denny at the helm.

SCTrojan
08-25-2007, 06:08 PM

I just don't think that having a bloodbath of a season necessarily leads to something better. If there was a guarantee, then I'm on board.

Recent history is littered with the bodies of franchise quarterbacks who were going to take their teams to the promised land - Kyle Boller, Joey Harrington, David Carr, Michael Vick, Daunte Culpepper - but didn't get the job done.

There are several examples of journeymen quarterbacks who have played on teams that won Super Bowls - Jim Plunkett, Mark Rypien, Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson. Which leads me to believe that it doesn't take a franchise quarterback to get it done.

All I'm saying is that at this point, Huard is the better choice than Croyle. Herm choosing him as the starter doesn't lessen my interest in the team.

I don't see wanting my team to finish with a respectable record versus some 4-12/3-13 debacle as foolish. I never said that I didn't want something better. I never said I didn't want us to win a Super Bowl. All I said was that at this point Huard is a better choice.

Reerun_KC
08-25-2007, 06:09 PM
I'm done with Carl. This is the last time I allow myself to get excited about a Chiefs' season. They've managed to kill every ounce of enthusiasm I had.

to Pissed to post....

the Talking Can
08-25-2007, 06:43 PM
I just don't think that having a bloodbath of a season necessarily leads to something better. If there was a guarantee, then I'm on board.

Recent history is littered with the bodies of franchise quarterbacks who were going to take their teams to the promised land - Kyle Boller, Joey Harrington, David Carr, Michael Vick, Daunte Culpepper - but didn't get the job done.

There are several examples of journeymen quarterbacks who have played on teams that won Super Bowls - Jim Plunkett, Mark Rypien, Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson. Which leads me to believe that it doesn't take a franchise quarterback to get it done.

All I'm saying is that at this point, Huard is the better choice than Croyle. Herm choosing him as the starter doesn't lessen my interest in the team.

I don't see wanting my team to finish with a respectable record versus some 4-12/3-13 debacle as foolish. I never said that I didn't want something better. I never said I didn't want us to win a Super Bowl. All I said was that at this point Huard is a better choice.

"win now....there is still a window of opportunity"

9-7

Messier
08-25-2007, 06:46 PM
No. I'm a fan of the team.

Brock
08-25-2007, 06:46 PM
With any luck the Chiefs will lose revenue this year and the Hunt family will sell the Chiefs.

Yeah, real likely. :rolleyes:

MadMax
08-25-2007, 06:49 PM
I know it lowers my interest level greatly. A sad day.

Yep, and it proves to me Herm is a spineless bastard and Carl is a POS!

phillip
08-25-2007, 07:34 PM
I'm glad it hasn't made me lose interest. I'm still going to have a good time watching the Chiefs on Sundays.

It must suck to be you guys who are giving up such a fun hobby based on decisions you have never had, and will never have, control over.

I'm pumped for the season!!!

the Talking Can
08-25-2007, 07:35 PM
I'm glad it hasn't made me lose interest. I'm still going to have a good time watching the Chiefs on Sundays.

It must suck to be you guys who are giving up such a fun hobby based on decisions you have never had and will never have control over.

let's all welcome a True Fan!

Brock
08-25-2007, 08:13 PM
let's all welcome a True Fan!

He's HARDCORE.

Priest4Prez
08-25-2007, 08:15 PM

It must suck to be you guys who are giving up such a fun hobby based on decisions you have never had, and will never have, control over.

Do you have Carl Peterson's finger stuck up your A$$????

jettio
08-25-2007, 08:25 PM
I go with the Confederacy of Dunces theory. If the consensus on Chiefs Planet is that a team that has more upgrades than key losses is going to be a lot worse than last year's team, then you should bet the over number on Chiefs victories this year.

Last time I checked it was at 8 games. Everyone that thinks preseason games matter that much ought to put their money on the under for season total victories.

If Harris proves to be an upgrade over Mitchell and Page and Pollard prove to be better than Knight and Wesley, this Chiefs' team is better than last year.

milkman
08-25-2007, 09:53 PM

There are far more examples of QBs developed by their respective teams or even franchise QBs than there are of journeymen QBs that have won the SB dating all the way back to the first SB with Starr.

Huard is not even as good as the guys that you site as examples.
His abilities are limited, and the result is a scaled down playbook.

Huard gives us a better chance to win 8 or 9 games this season.

Croyle gives us the better chance to be a real SB contender in the near future if he develops.

milkman
08-25-2007, 09:55 PM

Let me guess.

You've been a fan for 12-15 years?

Donger
08-25-2007, 09:57 PM
I actually thing it's quite clever...

"When will Brodie be given the chance?"

Chiefnj2
08-25-2007, 10:03 PM
It really doesn't matter who the QB is. Herm and Solari are going to run an ultra conservative gameplan that consists of running the ball and short passes. Even if Croyle could improve his mental aspects of the game he wasn't going to be given a chance to show off his arm.

Chiefspants
08-25-2007, 10:04 PM
I was really looking forward to seeing a Brodie/LJ Combo, but with our line the way it is, maybe its good Brodies out to start the season

RJ
08-25-2007, 10:04 PM
I've been following this team for almost 40 years now. Whether Damon effing Huard or Brodie effing Croyle is the starting quarterback is irrelevant to my level of interest going forward. I fail to see why this is such a big deal. My guess is that our QBOTF isn't on the current roster.

Guru
08-25-2007, 10:07 PM

Spoken like a true bandwagoner.

Dartgod
08-25-2007, 10:10 PM
My interest in the Chiefs never waivers. I can't believe so many here feel differently.

keg in kc
08-25-2007, 10:11 PM
Kevin Keitzman and Reerun might as well move over, because I'm ready to drive the train...Kietzman's giddy about Huard starting, I'm sure. He's been bitching about how we should be starting him for weeks now.

So I guess you two are swapping places.

Dartgod
08-25-2007, 10:15 PM
I should also clarify my answer to say that my interest was already pretty goddamn low; this just had no real bearing on it.

Got my DTV bill in the mail yesterday - I've already started paying out the ass for Sunday Ticket and Super Fan. So I'll get to see every single ass-sucking, embarassing moment in vivid HD clarity. Lucky me.

I get to see 9 of the games LIVE in person. And I'm thrilled. Seriously.

I can't believe what I'm reading here.

BigRock
08-25-2007, 10:17 PM
My interest in the Chiefs never waivers. I can't believe so many here feel differently.
Don't worry, every last person who is decrying the Carl "8-8 plan" will be on the edge of their seats in week 17 if there's a playoff spot on the line.

Logical
08-25-2007, 10:18 PM
Don't worry, every last person who is decrying the Carl "8-8 plan" will be on the edge of their seats in week 17 if there's a playoff spot on the line.Before you say that you may want to check back on last year and my postings.:shake:

milkman
08-25-2007, 10:18 PM
I get to see 9 of the games LIVE in person. And I'm thrilled. Seriously.

I can't believe what I'm reading here.

Some people were prepared to watch this team struggle with Croyle ta the helm, because it opened up the possibility of building something in the future.

With Huard at the helm, the team might win a couple more games, but that doesn't really improve the level of suckitude, and offers nothing for the future.

milkman
08-25-2007, 10:20 PM
Don't worry, every last person who is decrying the Carl "8-8 plan" will be on the edge of their seats in week 17 if there's a playoff spot on the line.

Why?

Becasue we'll all be thrilled to watch this team get it's ass kicked in round one, yet again?

keg in kc
08-25-2007, 10:20 PM
My interest in the Chiefs never waivers. I can't believe so many here feel differently.It's kind of difficult to explain, but my interest in the team doesn't waver, but my interest in the individual games certainly has. Last year it got to the point to where if they were behind in the third or fourth quarter, I would generally turn the games off, because they don't have a competitive offense. When they're behind, they're probably going to lose.

(Now, I'm so busy this time of year, I'm usually working and listening to the radio rather than watching, so I can't do the 'gameday' thing like everybody else, but even so...)

Croyle would make it more likely that I would...care enough to keep the games on because, on one hand, he may throw a stupid pass, but on the other, he may throw a bullet downfield and actually move the chains. He keeps it interesting.

On the other hand, watching Damon Huard running this offense, well, you know what you're going to get. Dink and dunk passes with the occasional longer wounded duck.

It's about as much fun as watching porn with a cast all in their 70s.

I'm on constant deadlines, and I don't need the frustration.

BigRock
08-25-2007, 10:24 PM
Before you say that you may want to check back on last year and my postings.:shake:
You're an obvious exception. I mean, come on. If the posters of ChiefsPlanet found the Holy Grail in a bucket of cow shit, you'd sit off to the side muttering about how bad the smell was.

BigRock
08-25-2007, 10:39 PM
Why?

Becasue we'll all be thrilled to watch this team get it's ass kicked in round one, yet again?
Because the same people who are insisting they "don't care" have about 800 combined posts since this afternoon about a team they now claim to have no interest in. If their sudden lack of caring hasn't prevented them from flooding the board with endless whiny Brodie babble only a few hours after the fact, then come January it certainly won't stop them from forgetting that they ever said anything about it in the first place.

the Talking Can
08-25-2007, 10:57 PM
Croyle would make it more likely that I would...care enough to keep the games on because, on one hand, he may throw a stupid pass, but on the other, he may throw a bullet downfield and actually move the chains. He keeps it interesting.

On the other hand, watching Damon Huard running this offense, well, you know what you're going to get. Dink and dunk passes with the occasional longer wounded duck.

It's about as much fun as watching porn with a cast all in their 70s.

I'm on constant deadlines, and I don't need the frustration.

that's how I feel

but when it is game time I'm still glued to the screen because I'm a total masochist...which means I get to spend this season watching a 34 yr old bench warmer with no arm and no future throw swing passes....

alnorth
08-25-2007, 11:00 PM
I am way beyond "lost interest". I am pissed off.

This year I will be a general NFL fan, and if a particular matchup looks interesting I'll watch it, rather than the Chiefs game... unless its a chiefs game thats compelling on its own merits for whatever reason that I cant fathom right now.

mississippichiefan
08-25-2007, 11:07 PM
Although I want Brodie to play I think the only way we have a chance to win is for huard to start the season . No way we win even 2 of the first 4 with a young QB . If we are doing bad after these games then I think its time to play Brodie . Go Chiefs !!!

Silock
08-25-2007, 11:12 PM
I say yes, because this seems like a step backwards. If you're going to rebuild, then rebuild. Constantly reloading gets you nowhere. We have no real base to build off of.

milkman
08-25-2007, 11:16 PM
Although I want Brodie to play I think the only way we have a chance to win is for huard to start the season . No way we win even 2 of the first 4 with a young QB . If we are doing bad after these games then I think its time to play Brodie . Go Chiefs !!!

What do you think this team has a chance of winning?

A SB?
A playoff game?

This team might win 9 games with Huard.
It might only win 7 games.

What does winning a game or two more in what will be another lost season of mediocity accomplish?

StcChief
08-25-2007, 11:17 PM
Really never expected Croyle until mid year

Frazod
08-25-2007, 11:32 PM

Your Chiefs experience is very different from mine. You see them play in person every home game - this is a big deal and a personal, visceral commitment for you. I watch them on TV and see an actual game once a year. Perhaps this makes you a bit more accepting of the warts-and-all Chiefs. Don't get me wrong - I'll watch the games, and I have accepted that we're going to have a down year, but I dread actually experiencing it. Sort of like a family obligation you can't get out of but you have to attend.

Sanka
08-25-2007, 11:34 PM
Huard only starts the season, only to pass the torch to Croyle after a 1-4 start.

And like I've said before, my expectations for the Chiefs this season aren't to high. I will still have interest in them, especially the defense and see how much they have improved or not.

MadMax
08-25-2007, 11:45 PM
What do you think this team has a chance of winning?

A SB?
A playoff game?

This team might win 9 games with Huard.
It might only win 7 games.

What does winning a game or two more in what will be another lost season of mediocity accomplish?

worse draft pick and less QB evaluation? Yay! Go Carl!

KCCHIEFS27
08-25-2007, 11:51 PM
I bet we start out 3-1. Seriously. There are always surprise teams which everybody thought would go nowhere and have no success in that given year. No reason to put in Croyle yet, if he can't tell the difference between a zone and a man defense by now then he's a moron. I was absolutely appalled when I saw his interception against the dolphins. There really are not a lot of QB prospects coming to the draft next year. I'd much rather see if we can miraculously gel for the regular season instead of giving up already in the preseason.

MadMax
08-25-2007, 11:52 PM
I've been following this team for almost 40 years now. Whether Damon effing Huard or Brodie effing Croyle is the starting quarterback is irrelevant to my level of interest going forward. I fail to see why this is such a big deal. My guess is that our QBOTF isn't on the current roster.

Yea and you can thank Jerry Jones that plastic faced MFer for that. Sorry just ranting, but I woulda took Quinn any day. I'm done have fun guys.

Buehler445
08-25-2007, 11:54 PM
Absolutely not. But I am wildly dissappointed. I just hope to GOD that Herm is waiting until Croyle can get some protection before sending him out there.

I was very excited to watch the kid develop. I can stand interceptions a lot better than I can fumbles (cough* ROSS). I am really holding out hope that he will be out there sooner rather than later. Hopefully since Huard is starting, he will dominate. But I'm not counting on it.

Back to the origional question, the only football around here is Huskers and Donkos, so I MUST HAVE CHIEFS.

milkman
08-25-2007, 11:55 PM
I bet we start out 3-1. Seriously. There are always surprise teams which everybody thought would go nowhere and have no success in that given year. No reason to put in Croyle yet, if he can't tell the difference between a zone and a man defense by now then he's a moron. I was absolutely appalled when I saw his interception against the dolphins. There really are not a lot of QB prospects coming to the draft next year. I'd much rather see if we can miraculously gel for the regular season instead of giving up already in the preseason.

Yeah, cause Croyle has so much NFL experience he should have learned by now.

KCCHIEFS27
08-25-2007, 11:58 PM
uhh..i'm pretty sure even college quarterbacks see plenty of zone and man coverage.

milkman
08-26-2007, 12:04 AM
uhh..i'm pretty sure even college quarterbacks see plenty of zone and man coverage.

And yet every young QB is protected in the gameplans by their coaching staffs because they are prone to "rookie" mistakes, like making bad reads.

If the college game was on the same level as the pro game, the transition wouldn't be such a problem for a QB.

KCCHIEFS27
08-26-2007, 12:08 AM
all i'm saying is screw croyle, he's going nowhere. Can I please see some more of Jeff Terrell?

milkman
08-26-2007, 12:12 AM
all i'm saying is screw croyle, he's going nowhere. Can I please see some more of Jeff Terrell?

No, that isn't all you're saying.

What you're saying is that you're a dumbass that doesn't have a freakin' clue about anything football related, so you're just going to throw stupid shit out there that doesn't make a damn bit of sense and hope that everyone else here is as big a dumbass as you are.

Logical
08-26-2007, 12:18 AM
all i'm saying is screw croyle, he's going nowhere. Can I please see some more of Jeff Terrell?:rolleyes:

RedThat
08-26-2007, 12:25 AM
My interest level in this team hasn't dropped at all.

I love the Chiefs, always will. I respect the decision to go with Huard. I am not against it. I really think he was the best option.

The Chiefs gave Croyle an opportunity, and he didn't do anything to prove that the job was going to be his. So really I don't see why people are complaining so much?

*I even thought with the way Huard played last year, they should have kept him in the whole season.

blueballs
08-26-2007, 12:36 AM
How much of Croyle's failure
can be laid at the feet of Dick Curl

KCCHIEFS27
08-26-2007, 01:01 AM
you're right...only I have made comments that seem outrageous to you and you blame it on my lack of football knowledge. I forget we're all supposed to love a qb we take in the third round and bow to his feet as our QOTF. Nevermind I played division 1 football for 4 years and know absolutely NOTHING about football.

htismaqe
08-26-2007, 07:16 AM
you're right...only I have made comments that seem outrageous to you and you blame it on my lack of football knowledge. I forget we're all supposed to love a qb we take in the third round and bow to his feet as our QOTF. Nevermind I played division 1 football for 4 years and know absolutely NOTHING about football.

ROFL

You played college football. Wow. We're not worthy. :hail:

By the way, Jeff Terrell wasn't even drafted. What's that say about your "opinion"?

milkman
08-26-2007, 08:00 AM

You're right I apologize.

I should not have accused you of being dumbass who doesn't know football.

Just simply calling you a dumbass would have been sufficient.

TEX
08-26-2007, 08:02 AM
No. Not at all. I lost interest the second Herm was Hired. I actually do things on Sunday's now and tape the games...

TEX
08-26-2007, 08:04 AM
How much of Croyle's failure
can be laid at the feet of Dick Curl

Ding...ding...ding!

Herm gets rid of Terry Shay ( a proven QB coach) and hires this clown. DUMB!

MahiMike
08-26-2007, 09:19 AM
Actually, in some ways it's more fun to watch the inevitable meltdown. The quicker they post some losing seasons, the quicker this sorry-ass coach is out of KC.

Ari Chi3fs
08-26-2007, 09:41 AM
Croyle really sucks right now, I don't understand why so many want him as QB. He has looked like a JV highschool quarterback... and has NOT looked like a savior.

I don't understand the ridiculousness.

milkman
08-26-2007, 09:53 AM
Croyle really sucks right now, I don't understand why so many want him as QB. He has looked like a JV highschool quarterback... and has NOT looked like a savior.

The longer it takes for Croyle to get his feet wet, the longer it will be before we find out if he can swim.

We know that Huard is nothing more than a dog paddler.

We need to find out if we stillhave to find a swimmer.

htismaqe
08-26-2007, 09:59 AM

Because we know what the alternative is?

Heaven forbid we weather a few mistakes for the CHANCE at having a QB that can actually complete a screen pass...

Chiefnj2
08-26-2007, 10:05 AM
Because we know what the alternative is?

Heaven forbid we weather a few mistakes for the CHANCE at having a QB that can actually complete a screen pass...

The Jags and Bills still have openings.

htismaqe
08-26-2007, 10:10 AM
The Jags and Bills still have openings.

You've spent the better part of your entire membership here bitching about this team. It's my turn, so can it.

Chiefnj2
08-26-2007, 10:16 AM
You've spent the better part of your entire membership here bitching about this team. It's my turn, so can it.

Don't short change yourself. You spent a good deal of time bitching during DV's tenure. 1 year on the Herm bandwagon and you're jumping off already? Not that I blame you, but of all things to get mad about - Croyle not starting? It's not like the kid has been any good.

Coach
08-26-2007, 10:20 AM
Don't short change yourself. You spent a good deal of time bitching during DV's tenure. 1 year on the Herm bandwagon and you're jumping off already? Not that I blame you, but of all things to get mad about - Croyle not starting? It's not like the kid has been any good.

Hello? The kid can't be any good if he doesn't have his receivers catching the goddamn football. The kid can't be any good if he doesn't have his O-Linemen blocking more than 3 ****ing goddamn seconds.

Come on, even if we put Peyton Rump Ranger Manning with this team that we have, he wouldn't be worth a shit either.

I was one of Herm's early backers when the Chiefs signed him, but after seeing last season, combined with some really powerful hard shit, my feelings really soured on him, and it's progressing worse and worse each f**king week.

I may not have any NFL coaching experience, but I KNOW I can do a hell alot better than this Mickey Mouse Edwards that I'm seeing on TV.

milkman
08-26-2007, 10:22 AM

I never saw Parker on the Herman ****ing Edwards bandwagon.

He just didn't bitch about him the way some here do.

Extra Point
08-26-2007, 10:22 AM
It all starts at the LOS. Then ends with punts or FG tries.

KurtCobain
08-26-2007, 10:24 AM
Yes. In fact, I did think we had a shot at 11-5. Now we MIGHT have a shot at 8-8 IMO.

htismaqe
08-26-2007, 10:26 AM

I was never really ON the Herm bandwagon. But I honestly thought he was finally gonna infuse this team with some youth and athleticism.

As for being mad, it's far less about Croyle and far MORE about Dead-end Huard...

HonestChieffan
08-26-2007, 10:46 AM
Not so much but yes....Herm will lead this outfit into mediocrity in the strength of his ego.

Too bad Croyle is not gonna be leading the team but we probably now know the top need we have is a real QB.

the Talking Can
08-26-2007, 10:50 AM
Let's put it this way:

Sammie Parker has been a starter for years.

Croyle isn't allowed a single start in a real game.

Don't anyone tell me that this franchise makes decisions based on talent or production.

OnTheWarpath58
08-26-2007, 10:51 AM
Let's put it this way:

Sammie Parker has been a starter for years.

Croyle isn't allowed a single start in a real game.

Don't anyone tell me that this franchise makes decisions based on talent or production.

Outstanding.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

runnercyclist
08-26-2007, 10:56 AM
No. Doesn't matter who lines up behind center. I've figured with our OL/WR issues that this season would be lost regardless of who started at QB.

That said, I'll still watch the games, but I have zero hope for these clowns this year. And I hope that if we're going to have a bad year, that it's really bad, not just lukewarm draft-in-the-high-teens bad.

But regardless I hope we beat Denver twice. :cuss:

...and Oakland twice. I'd be thrilled with 4-12.