PDA

View Full Version : Implication's of the Huard decision on Trent's arguments

DaFace
08-25-2007, 05:02 PM
Hopefully this hasn't already been mentioned in the monstrous thread about Huard being named the starter. If it is, I'm sure you'll live.

When Trent was blabbing to the media about wanting out of KC, one of his main arguments was that he didn't think that the QB battle was fair, and that Croyle practically had the job wrapped up.

Now that Huard's been named the starter, it seems to me that Trent's argument was a bunch of B.S. Of course, there's no way that he could have known that for sure, but it certainly seems that Herm and Carl were telling the truth about starting the player that gives the team the best chance of winning. Do I like the decision? No, but it certainly makes me look back on the Trent saga differently.

Bowser
08-25-2007, 05:05 PM
Hopefully this hasn't already been mentioned in the monstrous thread about Huard being named the starter. If it is, I'm sure you'll live.

When Trent was blabbing to the media about wanting out of KC, one of his main arguments was that he didn't think that the QB battle was fair, and that Croyle practically had the job wrapped up.

Now that Huard's been named the starter, it seems to me that Trent's argument was a bunch of B.S. Of course, there's no way that he could have known that for sure, but it certainly seems that Herm and Carl were telling the truth about starting the player that gives the team the best chance of winning. Do I like the decision? No, but it certainly makes me look back on the Trent saga differently.

Interesting thought, but really, there's no way we'll ever know. Trent could have been as honest as possible, or he could have just been pissed at the Chiefs for asking him to take a pay cut and "compete" for the starting spot. In my world, I'll believe the former and not the latter.

Der Flöprer
08-25-2007, 05:05 PM
Trent wanted out of here. Vermeil is gone, Saunders is gone, then they fired Shea. Trent was amongst strangers, and strangers that he personally let down in January. He couldn't take the heat, he got his ass out of the kitchen. It's just a shame he had to show the ass before he left.

B_Ambuehl
08-25-2007, 05:12 PM
He was right in that the competition was heavily weighted towards Croyle. He may have also been cut if the Chiefs decided they didn't want to carry his salary. Regardless, he's gonna wish he was back in KC after playing behind that Miami offensive line.

orange
08-25-2007, 05:22 PM
Trent wasn't FOS. There's no way he could have anticipated that Croyle would be so bad.

tk13
08-25-2007, 05:24 PM
I'd disagree to a point... because I still think Croyle is gonna start sometime this season. I sure hope so. Green is probably gonna start every game for Miami, as long as he stays healthy. I think he has more job security there.

Mr. Laz
08-25-2007, 05:26 PM
Edwards didn't want Green .... Green didn't want Martyball.

all the other stuff was just 'talk'

elvomito
08-25-2007, 05:33 PM
Q: Why didn’t you just name Damon the starter from the beginning if you say he earned it?

EDWARDS: “He earned the right to be just like other starters have. When you start the off-season there’s always a starter, a guy who’s there. Then all of a sudden you give guys opportunities to beat the guy out. That’s what we said we were going to do: create competition. We wanted competition among all three quarterbacks. One decided it was a better situation for him in Miami and he left. The other two were left standing.”

believe half of what you see, and none of what you hear