PDA

View Full Version : Trent Green doing well tonight

chagrin
08-25-2007, 07:10 PM
Eh, just for what it's worth - he just led a pretty impressive drive of 73 yards against Tampa's first team Defense; capping the drive was a nifty play action to the TE in the End Zone.

Side note, Miami picked up former Detroit FB Corey Schlesinger; WTF didn't KC go after this guy in free agency? He's pretty cheap and I watched him for 5 years or so, in Detroit - he's a total gamer, great blocker and can catch out of the backfield.

Yes, I suppose converting a LB flop to FB seems about right for Carl though, but still - I see teams making small moves like getting Corey for example and I wonder, why don't we EVER make good moves like that in free agency?

Anyway, just wanted to throw that in, you can throw it out now...

percysnow
08-25-2007, 07:11 PM
good for him. . it sux how chiefs orginization and fans treated him after the injury. . .

ChiefsCountry
08-25-2007, 07:12 PM
I would rather have Trent than Huard. Going with an old quarterback might as well go with the one with talent.

chagrin
08-25-2007, 07:15 PM
Trent just totally fuggin faked the entire Tampa Defense for a very cool, tricky - fake pass, behind the back hand off, for another TD.

Miami looks pretty good right now. They ran what looked as a Statue Of Liberty derivative.

Bowser
08-25-2007, 07:17 PM
Trent just totally fuggin faked the entire Tampa Defense for a very cool, tricky - fake pass, behind the back hand off, for another TD.

Miami looks pretty good right now. They ran what looked as a Statue Of Liberty derivative.

They ran that Boise State play, huh? I'll have to catch Sportscenter for the highlights.....

Baconeater
08-25-2007, 07:18 PM
Schlesinger is a stud, I would've loved to have him at FB. Dammit Carl! :cuss:

Bowser
08-25-2007, 07:19 PM
Schlesinger is a stud, I would've loved to have him at FB. Dammit Carl! :cuss:

:homer:

Baconeater
08-25-2007, 07:21 PM
:homer:
Damn, I didn't think anyone would remember that far back. :)

chagrin
08-25-2007, 07:23 PM

Regardless, he is a very good FB. He can flat out run people over and will take on anyone, on a block

chagrin
08-25-2007, 07:24 PM
They ran that Boise State play, huh? I'll have to catch Sportscenter for the highlights.....

It wasn't exactly the same but everyone went to the right, he faked a throw while holding the ball behind his back and one of Miami's other RB's took the ball and ran in, Trent totally sold it though.

Bowser
08-25-2007, 07:27 PM

Never underestimate the worthless trivia I have stored in my melon.

How's your Arizona State QB going to do this year? My wife has a step sister that lives in Bellevue. I'm going to have to get some kind of wager going with her pissant husband for the Nebraska/Mizzou game this year.....

unothadeal
08-25-2007, 07:28 PM
What station?

the Talking Can
08-25-2007, 07:30 PM
glad to hear it...that 4th rounder is closer by the week

unothadeal
08-25-2007, 07:32 PM
Just saw the highlights on NFLN. Not bad, other than the INT for a TD.

Baconeater
08-25-2007, 07:33 PM
Never underestimate the worthless trivia I have stored in my melon.

How's your Arizona State QB going to do this year? My wife has a step sister that lives in Bellevue. I'm going to have to get some kind of wager going with her pissant husband for the Nebraska/Mizzou game this year.....
Hell, who knows. I keep hearing the word "gunslinger" being tossed around, but frankly that scares me more than anything, especially since Callahan's offense is so complicated I don't think even he understands it himself.

chagrin
08-25-2007, 07:35 PM
What station?

It's on my local ABC affiliate - I live in Orlando though, so it's regional I think.

DaKCMan AP
Trent's first play from scrimmage was an intercepted screen pass returned for 6. It was a great defensive play by Cato June.

Since that first play, he's looked pretty good.

Valiant

Hey I already said months ago that Miami was going to be good.. Their defense should be scary good this year.. Ala early DT chiefs good..

DaKCMan AP
08-25-2007, 07:36 PM
Hey I already said months ago that Miami was going to be good.. Their defense should be scary good this year.. Ala early DT chiefs good..

Their corners suck. Otherwise, very good D.

Mr. Laz
08-25-2007, 07:36 PM
cam cameron

the Talking Can
08-25-2007, 07:37 PM
the NFL tries so hard to keep games from their fans it is amazing....several games tonight and all that is on is baseball...

Baconeater
08-25-2007, 07:38 PM
the NFL tries so hard to keep games from their fans it is amazing....several games tonight and all that is on is baseball...
Wrong, there's a left turn contest on ESPN.

the Talking Can
08-25-2007, 07:39 PM

and some movie with Rob Schneider....

Valiant
08-25-2007, 07:39 PM
Their corners suck. Otherwise, very good D.

A great front 7 can make up for that...

Valiant
08-25-2007, 07:40 PM

Well you can have it if you bend over backwards and allow the NFL to give it to you with nfl network/season package...

NUMBER7
08-25-2007, 07:42 PM

Dolts and Lions in HD on NFL channel.

Baconeater
08-25-2007, 07:47 PM
Dolts and Lions in HD on NFL channel.
I don't have NFLN. Dammit Carl! :cuss:

NewChief
08-25-2007, 07:52 PM
Boise State play done Phin style:
http://video.tinypic.com/player.php?v=4ukwzsw

noa
08-25-2007, 07:55 PM
Boise State play done Phin style:
http://video.tinypic.com/player.php?v=4ukwzsw

That was a cool play, but why would you run that in the preseason?

NewChief
08-25-2007, 07:57 PM
That was a cool play, but why would you run that in the preseason?

I don't really know, but my theory would be that Cam is of the mindset that the more shit you throw out there, the more shit other teams have to gameplan for. So you bombard them with all kinds of trickery to make them be watching for it, then you pull out other stuff that exploits them thinking you might do that.

OnTheWarpath58
08-25-2007, 07:59 PM
A 73 yard drive?

You could put all of Huard's PS drives together and they wouldn't equal 73 yards.....

Bowser
08-25-2007, 08:03 PM
A 73 yard drive?

You could put all of our QB's PS drives together and they wouldn't equal 73 yards.....Yep. Except for Printers and Terrell.

OnTheWarpath58
08-25-2007, 08:10 PM
Yep. Except for Printers and Terrell.

Right.

How convenient of you to forget the 8 play, 70 yard touchdown drive Croyle led against Miami......

Ultra Peanut
08-25-2007, 08:25 PM
OH GOD I WISH WE HADN'T TRADED HIM NOW

GoHuge
08-25-2007, 08:37 PM
Good for Trent. I hope he has a great year.

Bowser
08-25-2007, 08:40 PM
Right.

How convenient of you to forget the 8 play, 70 yard touchdown drive Croyle led against Miami......

You're right, my bad. There's always a needle to be found in a pile of shit.

And just to be clear, I don't think our offensive woes are all on Croyle. But I also don't think we are dooooomed because Huard is getting the start. Someone earlier brought up the caliber of defense we face the first four weeks. Huard might be the wise choice to start.

kcwild
08-25-2007, 08:43 PM
It just keeps getting better. Our opening day opponent is up on Dallas at the half 21-7 and looks pretty good.

Matt Schaub 11/14 101 2TDS
Ahman Green 8/65

Even with Dallas violating the code of ethics of preseason by game planning them, they seem to be able to handle the pressure easily.

OnTheWarpath58
08-25-2007, 08:48 PM
You're right, my bad. There's always a needle to be found in a pile of shit.

And just to be clear, I don't think our offensive woes are all on Croyle. But I also don't think we are dooooomed because Huard is getting the start. Someone earlier brought up the caliber of defense we face the first four weeks. Huard might be the wise choice to start.

Well, **** it then.

Huard plays against Chicago, Minnesota, San Diego, Jacksonville, Denver, and the Jets.

Brodie can play against the Texans, Bengals, Raiders, Packers, Colts, Titans and Lions.

Either way, we still end up 7-9 or 8-8, and we still don't know what he really have in Croyle because he hasn't played against a Top 10 defense....

I don't think people are say the season is doomed.

I think people are pissed because we're delaying the growth of the franchise.

Playing Brodie instead of Huard accomplishes 2 things:

If he plays well, we have our QBOTF and he'll get better with more experience.

If he shits the bed, we know NOW that we need a new QBOTF.

Playing Huard accomplishes nothing besides an 8-8 season, in which we know nothing more about our future.

Bowser
08-25-2007, 08:53 PM
Well, **** it then.

Huard plays against Chicago, Minnesota, San Diego, Jacksonville, Denver, and the Jets.

Brodie can play against the Texans, Bengals, Raiders, Packers, Colts, Titans and Lions.

Either way, we still end up 7-9 or 8-8, and we still don't know what he really have in Croyle because he hasn't played against a Top 10 defense....

I don't think people are say the season is doomed.

I think people are pissed because we're delaying the growth of the franchise.

Playing Brodie instead of Huard accomplishes 2 things:

If he plays well, we have our QBOTF and he'll get better with more experience.

If he shits the bed, we know NOW that we need a new QBOTF.

Playing Huard accomplishes nothing besides an 8-8 season, in which we know nothing more about our future.

Good points.

And I will join this rant in full force if we end up like your scenario. But I'll give the coaches the befit of the doubt for now, no matter how incompetent they seem to be.

OnTheWarpath58
08-25-2007, 08:59 PM
Good points.

And I will join this rant in full force if we end up like your scenario. But I'll give the coaches the befit of the doubt for now, no matter how incompetent they seem to be.

Fair enough.

C-Mac
08-25-2007, 09:23 PM
I would rather have Trent than Huard. Going with an old quarterback might as well go with the one with talent.
:clap:

Manila-Chief
08-25-2007, 09:36 PM

You are correct. I was thinking the same thing a couple days ago ... if we don't allow Croyse to develop then we should have kept the better QB. Although, I'm not sure Trent can run Herm's "afraid to make a mistake O." He threw an interception ... okay, so what ... he has led 2 TD drives... Herm doesn't seem to understand that...

digi2fish
08-25-2007, 10:36 PM
1. our O coaching won't play something tricky like Trent was doing tonight.
2. our OL won't let Trent play like he did tonight.

so it's a good news , say hi to 4th-round pick.

StcChief
08-25-2007, 11:19 PM
Hoping this carries thru to real season.

Deberg_1990
08-25-2007, 11:40 PM
Not bad, other than the INT for a TD.

Same old Trent Green...