PDA

View Full Version : What if Croyle just isn't a good QB?

percysnow
08-25-2007, 07:31 PM
Let's face it he wasn't that good in college .. he sux in any NFL experience. Just because someone is young doesnt mean they r going to be good...everyone keeps saying we have to get him the playing time and he's our future. .maybe he just sux. . .theres prob a reason he dropped so far in the draft. . the way alot of u talk about him is he was a number one pick

noa
08-25-2007, 07:32 PM
Yeah, the leading passer in Alabama history didn't have a good college career

Mr. Laz
what if our coaching staff is just crappy at offense?

RJ
Nooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

How could that be???? He's our QBOTF, he MUST be good!!! Where did you come up with this idea?

Fire Me Boy!
08-25-2007, 07:33 PM
It's pretty widely accepted that he's got a tremendous amount of talent and a cannon for an arm... and that if he'd attended a more pass-oriented school and/or had a stable coaching condition at Alabama, he'd be even better.

That said, the reason he dropped so far was because of injury concerns. He's had two pretty big knee injuries.

percysnow
08-25-2007, 07:34 PM

he had a good college career, but if u watched him he wasnt that good. . like i said he was good, but never thought he would have an NFL career. .

cdcox
08-25-2007, 07:35 PM
He probably isn't going to be a franchise QB. Very few QBs are. But Huard certainly is not.We will never know about Croyle until we play him for a season or two. If he's a bad QB we'll move on. But this move just delays the whole process.

Spott
08-25-2007, 07:36 PM
After Prothro got hurt in his senior season against UF, Croyle looked pretty average.

Tribal Warfare
08-25-2007, 07:37 PM
He probably isn't going to be a franchise QB. Very few QBs are. But Huard certainly is not.We will never know about Croyle until we play him for a season or two. If he's a bad QB we'll move on. But this move just delays the whole process.

Croyle is a franchise QB, and like Trent I'm on his bandwagon from the beginning.

the Talking Can
08-25-2007, 07:37 PM
and how would you know without playing him Capt. Intelligence?

Hoover
08-25-2007, 07:42 PM

Brad Banks was in the running for the Heisman, heck he got 43 fewer votes than Carson Palmer that year, where is Brad bank you ask? probably out mowing my yard. Not every good college player has what it takes to even make an NFL team. Brodie needs to earn his spot, he hasn't do that thus far. I'm rooting for him, but thus far I've seen nothing. At least last year I say Haurd throw 11 TDs to 1 INT.

noa
08-25-2007, 07:46 PM
Brad Banks was in the running for the Heisman, heck he got 43 fewer votes than Carson Palmer that year, where is Brad bank you ask? probably out mowing my yard. Not every good college player has what it takes to even make an NFL team. Brodie needs to earn his spot, he hasn't do that thus far. I'm rooting for him, but thus far I've seen nothing. At least last year I say Haurd throw 11 TDs to 1 INT.

I'm not saying Brodie is a guaranteed thing based on college. I'm just saying I don't agree that he wasn't good in college, like the thread-starter stated.

Fruit Ninja
08-25-2007, 08:00 PM
Look at how Andre Ware turned out.

noa
08-25-2007, 08:03 PM

Jeez, I'm not saying anything about his future as a pro, I'm just saying that Brodie WAS good in college. Andre Ware was also good in college, although he was probably more a product of a particular system than Brodie was.

RJ
08-25-2007, 08:03 PM

Wasn't David Kingler his successor?

NewChief
08-25-2007, 08:09 PM
Good lord, Croyle must have really, really stunk it up against the Saints. The preseason game of the Chiefs that I watched, he showed some real flashes of promise and talent. The kid had one bad freaking game (and a preseason game at that), and people are ready to ship him out of town.

I hate to say it, but Kansas City fans deserve to have shitty QBs.

Demonpenz
08-25-2007, 08:12 PM
eric crouch won the heisman man he is tearing it up now

noa
08-25-2007, 08:15 PM
Reggie Bush won the Heisman and he sucks

Brock
08-25-2007, 08:17 PM

We've had 'em.

percysnow
08-25-2007, 08:19 PM
Good lord, Croyle must have really, really stunk it up against the Saints. The preseason game of the Chiefs that I watched, he showed some real flashes of promise and talent. The kid had one bad freaking game (and a preseason game at that), and people are ready to ship him out of town.

he's actually had 2 shitty preseason games and one ok one in which he had one good drive and then followed it up with an interception in the redzone

NewChief
08-25-2007, 08:20 PM
We've had 'em.

True enough.

Ultra Peanut
08-25-2007, 08:20 PM
ur rite d00d he sux now he suxed alwayses

MadMax
08-25-2007, 08:58 PM

Yep, 3 pre-season games he's played a part in and he sucks...Makes sense huh? Glad he'll get to learn on the bench. Oh and if he really does suck, by the time we find out it'll be to late to draft one next year.

DaFace
08-25-2007, 09:01 PM

It's not the fans who made this decision.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=168474

NewChief
08-25-2007, 09:04 PM
It's not the fans who made this decision.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=168474

Well, I'm not sure that the Planet is exactly representative of all Chief fans, but I know what you're saying. It just amazes me how quick people are to throw a young QB under the bus. Developing into a quality NFL QB takes time, with only a very few exceptions.

the Talking Can
08-25-2007, 10:08 PM

amen

we've gotten exactly what we deserve

Guru
08-25-2007, 10:09 PM
Let's face it he wasn't that good in college .. he sux in any NFL experience. Just because someone is young doesnt mean they r going to be good...everyone keeps saying we have to get him the playing time and he's our future. .maybe he just sux. . .theres prob a reason he dropped so far in the draft. . the way alot of u talk about him is he was a number one pick
What if Percysnow is a complete idiot?

Bwana
08-25-2007, 10:26 PM
Trust me, we will have a lot of time to see exactly what we have in Croyle THIS YEAR. No way in hell Huard lasts the entire season with our scrub of an O line. (I won't even get into what our WR group has done so far) As bad as out O line looks, we could see what the 4th stringer looks like as a starter by the time game 16 rolls around.

StcChief
08-25-2007, 11:05 PM
He'll be fine. The sky isn't falling.

milkman
08-25-2007, 11:10 PM
What if Percysnow is a complete idiot?

What do you mean "What if"?

ChiefaRoo
08-25-2007, 11:52 PM
Then KC will have to draft another one.... dummy.

Rain Man
08-25-2007, 11:53 PM
I'm very excited to see this Huard kid get his shot.

MadMax
08-25-2007, 11:54 PM
Trust me, we will have a lot of time to see exactly what we have in Croyle THIS YEAR. No way in hell Huard lasts the entire season with our scrub of an O line. (I won't even get into what our WR group has done so far) As bad as out O line looks, we could see what the 4th stringer looks like as a starter by the time game 16 rolls around.

Heh, yea we have lots of problems for sure.

Buehler445
08-25-2007, 11:57 PM
That is a very viable possibility, but we have to know. If he sucks, cut him and draft someone else.

Discuss Thrower
08-26-2007, 01:42 AM
Well, I am not a NFL General Manager (yet),but my gut tells me that if a guy can't give me something substantial in which to put my faith into at this point in the season, then something tells me he never well.

I didn't watch Croyle's performance in the game Thursday. Considering that he obviously didn't do well enough to warrant one last start in favor of a utility QB whose entire game plan is to NOT lose a football game... Then there's something to be said of his desire to win and or ability. I don't discount his desire to win; his ability is in question.

If I were the GM, however, I'd factor in Croyle's ability heavily next offseason. Offensive line, defensive back, and defensive line should all be priorities, but if the Best Player Available is a QB.. The Chiefs need to pull the trigger and draft a QB.

TRR
08-26-2007, 01:52 AM
Well, I am not a NFL General Manager (yet),but my gut tells me that if a guy can't give me something substantial in which to put my faith into at this point in the season, then something tells me he never well.

I didn't watch Croyle's performance in the game Thursday. Considering that he obviously didn't do well enough to warrant one last start in favor of a utility QB whose entire game plan is to NOT lose a football game... Then there's something to be said of his desire to win and or ability. I don't discount his desire to win; his ability is in question.

If I were the GM, however, I'd factor in Croyle's ability heavily next offseason. Offensive line, defensive back, and defensive line should all be priorities, but if the Best Player Available is a QB.. The Chiefs need to pull the trigger and draft a QB.

I don't know if I agree with that. Croyle struggled in the biggest game of his NFL career at this point. All of the great QB's struggle early on...Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Croyle is going to be great. I'm just saying that three average preseason games doesn't really tell you a whole lot. All it tells you is that he may benefit from watching a veteran go about his business for a bit longer.

Sanka
08-26-2007, 02:06 AM
Croyle is the future. Get him something that resembles an offensive line and WR's that could catch the ball.

SPchief
08-26-2007, 02:21 AM
[QUOTE=J-Town Fan 1988]
defensive line should all be priorities,/QUOTE]

This is the 3rd time I've seen this. Since when is DL a priority? Last time I checked, our DL looks very promising.

Redcoats58
08-26-2007, 04:31 AM

The kid needs to build some kind of chemistry with the group also. It doesn't happen over night and it certainly isnt happening in a preseason contest. Look at Peytons first season as starter, do you think the indy faithful were ready to throw him under the bus? This kid will need at least a year under his belt as starter to know what we have and then we really won't know till his second season as starter.

TEX
08-26-2007, 07:03 AM
I've been saying all along that Croyle is not gonna be a good pro - especially if he's forced to play now. But, the expectations around here are so high since the Chiefs haven't developed a young QB in forever (have they ever?) that people are in denile. He's not ready and the team isn't ready to put him in the best position to succeed. The OL $ucks and so do the Wr's. He's not gonna learn anything except to resort back to his bad habits and he'll lose confidence. (David Carr Syndrome) And that is exactly what's happening b/c he's getting worse as he gets more playing time.

Oh - and another thing - I still don't understand how Herm could hire Dick Curl as a QB coach when the guy had never done it before and was most famous as a time-keeper. Let's see - he fires a proven guy (a DV guy in Shay) who helped a back-up journyman QB lead the team to a 5-3 record last year, and hires Curl to help develop a 2nd year qb. That's dumb.

htismaqe
08-26-2007, 07:11 AM
If he isn't any good, we lose 14 games and get the #1 overall pick in next year's draft.

There's NO excuse for not playing him.

TEX
08-26-2007, 07:14 AM

Yep. I'm telling ya that IMO, Croyle's the type of QB that has the tools but doesn't have "IT." The kind that everyone will keep saying that, "He's Young and needs more time." Then you look up and it's 5 years later, and folks are saying the same thing...

TEX
08-26-2007, 07:16 AM
If he isn't any good, we lose 14 games and get the #1 overall pick in next year's draft.

There's NO excuse for not playing him.

Well now that you put it that way I might just agree with ya...:hmmm:

htismaqe
08-26-2007, 07:19 AM
Yep. I'm telling ya that IMO, Croyle's the type of QB that has the tools but doesn't have "IT." The kind that everyone will keep saying that, "He's Young and needs more time." Then you look up and it's 5 years later, and folks are saying the same thing...

Tony Gonzales says he has "it". Brian Waters says he has "it". Everybody that saw him at camp says he has "it". The people that ever watched him in college, including a couple of HoFers that played there, say he has "it".

I absolutely don't doubt that you're right, 5 years from now, everybody will still be talking about him the way we're talking about him today. But it's not because Brodie Croyle doesn't have "it", it's because the KANSAS CITY CHIEFS don't have "it".

lancer348
08-26-2007, 07:23 AM
Tony Gonzales says he has "it". Brian Waters says he has "it". Everybody that saw him at camp says he has "it". The people that ever watched him in college, including a couple of HoFers that played there, say he has "it".

I absolutely don't doubt that you're right, 5 years from now, everybody will still be talking about him the way we're talking about him today. But it's not because Brodie Croyle doesn't have "it", it's because the KANSAS CITY CHIEFS don't have "it".

In all fairness, what do you expect them to say? he sucks?

I don't mind giving him a shot, but he only gets they young and inexperienced excuse for a year, If he doesn't take steps forward in his second season, I want to see the Chiefs move on, and I don't think they will have the guts to.

DenverChief
08-26-2007, 07:25 AM
I think what is being missed here is the six dropped passes ...and I mean flat out drops hit the receivers in the freakin hands and they dropped em...that would have put Croyle at 11/17 passing AND THEN you have to talk about SVITEK being the second coming of I-35 that guy couldn't block a slug

So basicaly Croyle lost his job because his teammates let him down...good excuse

htismaqe
08-26-2007, 07:36 AM
In all fairness, what do you expect them to say? he sucks?

I don't mind giving him a shot, but he only gets they young and inexperienced excuse for a year, If he doesn't take steps forward in his second season, I want to see the Chiefs move on, and I don't think they will have the guts to.

Um, we're not talking about ABILITY. We're talking about swagger. We're talking about moxie. That is "it" and the universal concensus is that he has "it".

By the way, this IS his 2nd year. He won't be taking any more steps forward. Because the Chiefs are too scared of that process.

BigMeatballDave
08-26-2007, 07:37 AM
Look at how Andre Ware turned out....and Payton Manning sucked in his 1st season...This is ****ing pointless. We could exchange comments like this until the cows come home. The point is, he needs playing time.
Seriously, how will we know what he can do with out a season under his belt?

BigMeatballDave
08-26-2007, 07:41 AM
he's actually had 2 shitty preseason games and one ok one in which he had one good drive and then followed it up with an interception in the redzoneOMGWTFBBQ!!1 Yeah, lets give up on him, he won't develop any further. How many redzone ints did Green throw in '01? AND GREEN WAS 31 AT THE TIME.

TEX
08-26-2007, 07:46 AM

That might be true. I've always wanted to give the kid the best chance to succeed. From the bad OL & Wr's to coaching - Croyle unfortunately doesn't have it.

BigMeatballDave
08-26-2007, 07:47 AM
Trust me, we will have a lot of time to see exactly what we have in Croyle THIS YEAR. No way in hell Huard lasts the entire season with our scrub of an O line. (I won't even get into what our WR group has done so far) As bad as out O line looks, we could see what the 4th stringer looks like as a starter by the time game 16 rolls around.You are most likely correct. But, what if the line comes together( ROFL )and Huard plays well as a result? 9-7. Mission Accomplished(hehe). Croyle's development is back to square one...

BigMeatballDave
08-26-2007, 07:51 AM
I've been saying all along that Croyle is not gonna be a good pro - especially if he's forced to play now. But, the expectations around here are so high since the Chiefs haven't developed a young QB in forever (have they ever?) that people are in denile. He's not ready and the team isn't ready to put him in the best position to succeed. The OL $ucks and so do the Wr's. He's not gonna learn anything except to resort back to his bad habits and he'll lose confidence. (David Carr Syndrome) And that is exactly what's happening b/c he's getting worse as he gets more playing time.

Oh - and another thing - I still don't understand how Herm could hire Dick Curl as a QB coach when the guy had never done it before and was most famous as a time-keeper. Let's see - he fires a proven guy (a DV guy in Shay) who helped a back-up journyman QB lead the team to a 5-3 record last year, and hires Curl to help develop a 2nd year qb. That's dumb.Blah, blah, blah. You can stick your "he's not ready" mantra up Carls ass. Actual playing time could be helpful. You think?

htismaqe
08-26-2007, 07:51 AM
That might be true. I've always wanted to give the kid the best chance to succeed. From the bad OL & Wr's to coaching - Croyle unfortunately doesn't have it.

Croyle plays for the KC Chiefs and he's a young QB.

He's going nowhere, just like the franchise.

htismaqe
08-26-2007, 07:52 AM
You are most likely correct. But, what if the line comes together( ROFL )and Huard plays well as a result? 9-7. Mission Accomplished(hehe). Croyle's development is back to square one...

Make no doubt about it, McIntosh will be back in a couple of weeks and they'll be JUST good enough to hover around .500.

Damon will start all 16 games.

BigMeatballDave
08-26-2007, 07:54 AM
Yep. I'm telling ya that IMO, Croyle's the type of QB that has the tools but doesn't have "IT." The kind that everyone will keep saying that, "He's Young and needs more time." Then you look up and it's 5 years later, and folks are saying the same thing...Oh, Jesus H. Christ! Come down off your highhorse. You have NO ****ING CLUE. Brodie could end up as bad as Leaf, BUT I THINK HE SHOULD BE GIVEN A SHOT.

BigMeatballDave
08-26-2007, 07:55 AM

:clap:

milkman
08-26-2007, 08:06 AM
Oh, Jesus H. Christ! Come down off your highhorse. You have NO ****ING CLUE. Brodie could end up as bad as Leaf, BUT I THINK HE SHOULD BE GIVEN A SHOT.

None of us have a clue.

What we do know, however, is that Damon Huard doesn't have "it".

If he did, he would have found a starting job somewhere in this league years ago, and wouldn't have been handed one because he signed on with a franchise that doesn't have the balls to risk success or failure.

htismaqe
08-26-2007, 08:08 AM
None of us have a clue.

What we do know, however, is that Damon Huard doesn't have "it".

If he did, he would have found a starting job somewhere in this league years ago, and wouldn't have been handed one because he signed on with a franchise that doesn't have the balls to risk success or failure.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

TEX
08-26-2007, 08:13 AM
Blah, blah, blah. You can stick your "he's not ready" mantra up Carls ass. Actual playing time could be helpful. You think?

Yes, in a good environment. Croyle doesn't have that.

GarySpFc
08-28-2007, 09:01 AM
Where in the he!! did you get the opinion Brodie was not that good in college? He broke all the records by Star, Namath and Stabler for passing, and that after missing almost a year. Not only that, but Namath, Stabler and Myria have all stated he will be a franchise quarterback. Drew Brees was in charge of the Elite 11 one year in which Brodie attended. Asked which quarterback was the best Brees responded. "Clearly Brodie Croyle was the best quarterback there and I am including myself."

Of all the dumb statements I have seen on this board yours has to top the list.

InChiefsHell
08-28-2007, 09:04 AM
Tom Brady = 6th round draft pick. That is all...

Rausch
08-28-2007, 10:38 AM
Croyle plays for the KC Chiefs and he's a young QB.

He's going nowhere, just like the franchise.

How could I have lived without this type of inspiration all these months?...

htismaqe
08-28-2007, 11:41 AM
How could I have lived without this type of inspiration all these months?...

How could I have been so blind all of these years?

FAX
08-28-2007, 11:45 AM
How could I have survived without Lowfat Triscuits?

FAX

Coogs
08-28-2007, 11:50 AM
Then we draft Brian Brohm in the first round and wait until the 2nd and 3rd round to fix the O-line.

orange
08-28-2007, 12:29 PM
Where in the he!! did you get the opinion Brodie was not that good in college? He broke all the records by Star, Namath and Stabler for passing, and that after missing almost a year. Not only that, but Namath, Stabler and Myria have all stated he will be a franchise quarterback. Drew Brees was in charge of the Elite 11 one year in which Brodie attended. Asked which quarterback was the best Brees responded. "Clearly Brodie Croyle was the best quarterback there and I am including myself."

Of all the dumb statements I have seen on this board yours has to top the list.

Who in Alabama football hasn't "broke all the records by Starr, Namath and Stabler?"

University of Alabama Career Passing Leaders

Brodie Croyle 6382
Andrew Zow 5983
Jay Barker 5689
Scott Hunter 4899
Freddie Kitchens 4668
Walter Lewis 4257
Mike Shula 4069
Gary Hollingsworth 3842
Tyler Watts 3540
Jeff Rutledge 3351
Hary Gilmer 2863
Joe Namath 2714

Clearly, being one of Alabama's top passers is no indicator of any kind of NFL success. Croyle fluffers need to stop trotting out this old shibboleth.

http://www.prideofthetide.com/statspage.htm

CoMoChief
08-28-2007, 12:32 PM
You are one stupid mother ****er.

He dropped in the draft because he got injured a lot in college.

Now, there are a lot of great QB's in college that can't make the transition into the NFL, we've all seen that. But to just write Croyle off after a couple pre season games is just beyond retarded.

DaneMcCloud
08-28-2007, 01:05 PM

This is the DUMBEST argument of all time. How many other 6th round QB's have won the Super Bowl or even a playoff game?

Just because it happened ONCE doesn't make it a precedent.

DaneMcCloud
08-28-2007, 01:28 PM
Nooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

How could that be???? He's our QBOTF, he MUST be good!!! Where did you come up with this idea?

How many first round QB's have flamed-out in the past 7 years alone? 12? More than that? Croyle was a third rounder. How many QB's drafted in the the first three rounds in the past 7 years have flamed-out? 25 or more?

Just because Croyle was drafted doesn't mean that he's automatically going to become a superstar.

Keep in mind that those same people that say that Croyle has *it* are the same people who have deemed him not ready to start.

And as much Carl Peterson hate as there is on this forum, wouldn't it be just a big ol' sh*t pie for Carl to have his third round QB lead the Chiefs to the Super Bowl?

Croyle is not ready at this time. Period. End of story. Hopefully, that will change. But there's certainly no guarantee.

Discuss Thrower
08-28-2007, 01:54 PM

Brodie Croyle != Tom Brady.

InChiefsHell
08-28-2007, 01:57 PM
This is the DUMBEST argument of all time. How many other 6th round QB's have won the Super Bowl or even a playoff game?

Just because it happened ONCE doesn't make it a precedent.

Indeed. And I'm sure nobody saw it coming from Brady when it happened.

All I'm saying is, you never know. I'm not saying it will happen, but people saying it just flat out can't or won't happen are even dumberer than me, so there...
:p

DaneMcCloud
08-28-2007, 02:10 PM
Indeed. And I'm sure nobody saw it coming from Brady when it happened.

All I'm saying is, you never know. I'm not saying it will happen, but people saying it just flat out can't or won't happen are even dumberer than me, so there... :p

No one would be happier than me if Croyle were to become a Pro-Bowl, Super Bowl winning QB. But since he didn't "seize" the job during the OTA's, Training Camp and the Pre-season, it's not gonna happen this year.

I think he needs to hit the weight room and continue to be "coached-up". Hopefully at some point soon, the "lights" will come on.

But Croyle isn't the first and certainly won't be the last QB drafted to fail in the NFL if it doesn't happen.

OctoberFart
08-28-2007, 02:36 PM

You do realize that Alabama ran the option for years right?

OctoberFart
08-28-2007, 02:43 PM
...and Payton Manning sucked in his 1st season...This is ****ing pointless. We could exchange comments like this until the cows come home. The point is, he needs playing time.
Seriously, how will we know what he can do with out a season under his belt?

Manning didn't suck. Sure he threw some picks but he threw 24 tds of so to and showed a lot of talent on a very crappy team.

King_Chief_Fan
08-28-2007, 04:03 PM

If he can't beat out an 11 year veteran backup with only 14 NFL starts, I would classify him as not good. At least at this point. Ryan Leaf was good in college, Todd Blackledge and I am sure there are tons more.

It is time to draft the QBOTF in the first round. I still wish KC would have had their first round pick a choice or two earlier. Quinn would be in KC. However, behind KC line, Quinn may suck also.

HonestChieffan
08-28-2007, 04:07 PM
The thing about Brodie is his beard.

percysnow
08-28-2007, 04:09 PM
You are one stupid mother ****er.

He dropped in the draft because he got injured a lot in college.

Now, there are a lot of great QB's in college that can't make the transition into the NFL, we've all seen that. But to just write Croyle off after a couple pre season games is just beyond retarded.

did u watch him in college or just see some videos and read his stats. . .he was never really THAt good. . .im not saying he wasnt good, but i remember watching him and most people who watched him knew he really wasnt NFL material

percysnow
08-28-2007, 04:18 PM
he had one good year in college. . .he threw alot of interceptions prior to that year and is real slow, sacked easily, takes him forever to get throw the ball and at times inaccurate. . .and he's a big pussy who cant take a hit. .

BigMeatballDave
08-28-2007, 04:23 PM
Manning didn't suck. Sure he threw some picks but he threw 24 tds of so to and showed a lot of talent on a very crappy team.Some? 28.

BigMeatballDave
08-28-2007, 04:30 PM
If he can't beat out an 11 year veteran backup with only 14 NFL starts, I would classify him as not good. At least at this point. Ryan Leaf was good in college, Todd Blackledge and I am sure there are tons more.

It is time to draft the QBOTF in the first round. I still wish KC would have had their first round pick a choice or two earlier. Quinn would be in KC. However, behind KC line, Quinn may suck also.How do you know Croyle isn't it, without playing him? How is he going to be ready, if he doesn't play?

You people who say Brodie is 'not ready' have created a paradox. He's 'not ready', so he shouldn't play. How do you get ready? By playing.

orange
08-28-2007, 04:37 PM
How do you know Croyle isn't it, without playing him? How is he going to be ready, if he doesn't play?

You people who say Brodie is 'not ready' have created a paradox. He's 'not ready', so he shouldn't play. How do you get ready? By playing.

There are at least a million young men who would leap at the chance to be an NFL quarterback. How do you know ANY of them "isn't it, without playing him?"

The answer is simple - there is a certain minimum standard of accomplishment necessary to earn the job. No one is given a year to "get ready? By playing."

Brodie Croyle did not meet that standard, and did not earn the job.

DaneMcCloud
08-28-2007, 04:41 PM
How do you know Croyle isn't it, without playing him? How is he going to be ready, if he doesn't play?

Dave,

Brodie didn't win the job in the OTA's. He didn't win the job in Training Camp. He didn't win the job during the Pre-Season games. He played poorly, displaying poor throws and decision making.

Putting him on the field at this point in time isn't going to make him better. If he can't perform at a high level against other NFL teams not playing at game speed, how do you think he'll fare in week one against Houston? Lying on his back isn't going to improve his "game".

The man is simply not ready to lead an NFL team to victory.