PDA

View Full Version : The camp reports conflicted with what happened, WHY?

OctoberFart
08-25-2007, 06:50 PM
All offseason I heard how great Croyle was doing and clearly winning the QB battle. Watching the HBO hard knocks you could see Herm didn't want Huard but wanted someone to step up and be better than him and Croyle couldn't do it.

Pretty much proves the morons who watched River Falls training camp were filling you guys with a bunch of fluff articles that I called them out on. Bottomline is WPI is garbage and their reports were garbage filler. The guys watching training camp can't tell talent who is better.

OnTheWarpath58
08-25-2007, 06:54 PM
Two words.

Carl Peterson.

Three more words:

You're an idiot.

Baconeater
08-25-2007, 06:55 PM
Thank God we have you looking out for us. :rolleyes:

Simply Red
08-25-2007, 06:56 PM
All offseason I heard how great Croyle was doing and clearly winning the QB battle. Watching the HBO hard knocks you could see Herm didn't want Huard but wanted someone to step up and be better than him and Croyle couldn't do it.

Pretty much proves the morons who watched River Falls training camp were filling you guys with a bunch of fluff articles that I called them out on. Bottomline is WPI is garbage and their reports were garbage filler. The guys watching training camp can't tell talent who is better.
Says the guy who spells potato, "potatoe."

L.A. Chieffan
08-25-2007, 06:56 PM
Wow, you think WPI sucks. Earth Shattering
Who the **** cares what you think? Beer bong some bleach.

morphius
08-25-2007, 07:00 PM
I seem to remember them saying they were playing pretty equal, just that everyone figured that if things were equal the the young guy would win.

But hey, your a raider fan, paying attention isn't a strong suite.

Messier
08-25-2007, 07:03 PM
Sign your first round pick!

88TG88
08-25-2007, 07:04 PM
Wow, you think WPI sucks. Earth Shattering
Who the **** cares what you think? Beer bong some bleach.
ROFL rep

Bowser
08-25-2007, 07:05 PM

Haha! You listened to Athan!

Phobia
08-25-2007, 07:41 PM
I don't think you'll find anybody arguing about WPI with you from this place.

I think Athan's agenda all along was Croyle-centric. He dedicated complete issues of their magazine to him and wrote countless articles. He was wrong.... again.

For whatever it's worth, I figured Croyle would get the nod as well. I'm fixin to look pretty stupid because I submitted my column Friday morning for a publication to be published next week and it was full of Croyle opinions. I may have salvaged my credibility with clever wording, though. My assertation was "If Carl were calling all the personnel shots, Damon Huard would be the favorite quarterback to earn the starting role in Reliant Stadium for the season opener against the Texans. Based on the evidence presented by Herm Edwards, Brodie Croyle will be under center September 9th."

Looks like Carl has a greater influence on personnel than I was willing to admit.

Ultra Peanut
08-25-2007, 07:56 PM
YOU GOT SWERVED

Simply Red
08-25-2007, 08:01 PM

Opinions are like assholes, :(

wait, so are you. :)

OctoberFart
08-26-2007, 06:59 PM
Haha! You listened to Athan!

I never listened to his dumbass or GoQueers bullSH!t. I knew it was garbage fluff.

Adept Havelock
08-26-2007, 07:07 PM
I never listened to his dumbass or GoQueers bullSH!t. I knew it was garbage fluff.

Speaking of fluffing, how is your new job coming along?

Deberg_1990
08-26-2007, 07:09 PM
I honestly believe the crowd reaction the other night at Arrowhead helped sway Carl to Huard.

FAX
08-26-2007, 07:13 PM
Opinions are like assholes, :(

wait, so are you. :)

ROFL

FAX

Skip Towne
08-26-2007, 07:18 PM
I honestly believe the crowd reaction the other night at Arrowhead helped sway Carl to Huard.
I think so too. It was announced right after that game.

kstater
08-26-2007, 07:21 PM
Watching the HBO hard knocks you could see Herm didn't want Huard but wanted someone to step up and be better than him and Croyle couldn't do it.

Did the thought ever cross your only brain cell that just maybe HBO edited their many hours of film to show what they thought would make an interesting storyline? Maybe they just showed certain soundbites from Herm enhancing their storyline?

Skip Towne
08-26-2007, 07:24 PM
Did the thought ever cross your only brain cell that just maybe HBO edited their many hours of film to show what they thought would make an interesting storyline? Maybe they just showed certain soundbites from Herm enhancing their storyline?
You'll have to wait awhile for a response. His amoeba brain takes awhile to process information. He's a Commodore 64.

the Talking Can
08-26-2007, 07:30 PM

you are just so dumb....I can hear you typing with your forehead

the Talking Can
08-26-2007, 07:32 PM
Beer bong some bleach.

that made me laugh

TEX
08-26-2007, 07:33 PM

I have a friend who went to RF and he said that Croyle can make all the throws and has a much better arm than Huard. However, he said as the game speeds up, the mistakes come in bunches. That is exactly what happened. He's just not ready and I really don't mind waiting on the kid. I'd much rather put him in when our OL gets it's act together and our WR's learn to catch (If it's next season then I hope we replace Dick Curl with a REAL QB coach!). Otherwise the Chiefs might ruin Croyle the way the Raiders ruined Todd Marinovich. Now that was funny! ROFL

Adept Havelock
08-26-2007, 07:39 PM
I have a friend who went to RF and he said that Croyle can make all the throws and has a much better arm than Huard. However, he said as the game speeds up, the mistakes come in bunches. That is exactly what happened. He's just not ready and I really don't mind waiting on the kid. I'd much rather put him in when our OL gets it's act together and our WR's learn to catch (If it's next season then I hope we replace Dick Curl with a REAL QB coach!). Otherwise the Chiefs might ruin Croyle the way the Raiders ruined Todd Marinovich. Now that was funny! ROFL

Ah yes, good old Todd "Sorry Dad, I prefer bong hits" Marinovich.

Possibly the biggest flame-out at QB until Ryan Leaf stole that title.

TEX
08-26-2007, 07:42 PM
Ah yes, good old Todd "Sorry Dad, I prefer bong hits" Marinovich.

Possibly the biggest flame-out at QB until Ryan Leaf stole that title.

Man, I remember his first start at ARROWHEAD. Derrick and Neil teed off on his head all night long. The Chiefs absolutely destroyed that QB every time thay faced him. Ha had NO chance! ROFL

Adept Havelock
08-26-2007, 07:45 PM
Man, I remember his first start at ARROWHEAD. Derrick and Neil teed off on his head all night long. The Chiefs absolutely destroyed that QB every time thay faced him. Ha had NO chance! ROFL

That was a great game. Almost as fun as the one in the 90's when we knocked out their starting QB and backup with groin injuries. I'm pretty sure the third stringer (Billy Joe Hobert?) was out the next week with one as well.

Ain't that a kick in the nuts. :)

Dartgod
08-26-2007, 07:52 PM
Two words.

Carl Peterson.

Three more words:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=70892&stc=1

Fixed your post...

ARROW2
08-26-2007, 07:54 PM
Let's just keep in mind that the Huard led Chiefs produced 6, 10 and 7 points in all of his three losses against good defenses. He is still a band aid at best. It better work out.

OnTheWarpath58
08-26-2007, 07:54 PM
Fixed your post...

I know, I know.

I went the safe route so we didn't have to explain the lexicon to this dickbag.....

TEX
08-26-2007, 07:57 PM
Let's just keep in mind that the Huard led Chiefs produced 6, 10 and 7 points in all of his three losses against good defenses. He is still a band aid at best. It better work out.

It better work out? Or what?

What was the shape of the OL then? I know they were hurting against the Fins. :hmmm:

chagrin
08-26-2007, 08:01 PM
I didn't read the WPI stuff but I know one thing is for sure - no longer can you read an article with people telling it like it is; it's all fluff, doesn't matter who writes it.
If we believed everything we read and heard fro sportswriters, broadcasters - there isn't one bad player in the NFL, everyone is great and we should pay attention to the names of the mother's and their wives.
I try not to read it anymore.

StcChief
08-26-2007, 08:25 PM
Well hopefully by mid season Brodie is ready to handle speed of the game, reads etc.

ARROW2
08-26-2007, 09:27 PM
It better work out? Or what?

What was the shape of the OL then? I know they were hurting against the Fins. :hmmm:

"It better work out? Or what?"

Or they're idiots. This could set us back another year. Brodie is more talented, Huard just doesn't take many chances and will be more careful. If you haven't noticed, when Huard is pressured, he is a fumble machine. He didn't throw many picks because he will always make the "safe" throw. You will only get so far with that shit....

Baconeater
08-26-2007, 09:31 PM
You'll have to wait awhile for a response. His amoeba brain takes awhile to process information. He's a Commodore 64.
Plus the library closes early on Sunday night.

the Talking Can
08-26-2007, 09:46 PM
Well hopefully by mid season Brodie is ready to handle speed of the game, reads etc.

sitting on the bench will acclimate him to the "speed of the game" much faster than actually playing....

TEX
08-26-2007, 09:51 PM
"It better work out? Or what?"

Or they're idiots. This could set us back another year. Brodie is more talented, Huard just doesn't take many chances and will be more careful. If you haven't noticed, when Huard is pressured, he is a fumble machine. He didn't throw many picks because he will always make the "safe" throw. You will only get so far with that shit....

We already know they're idiots...My point is there really is nothing to the," Or what?" threat. And they know it...

Thai Cheif
08-27-2007, 02:12 AM
Two words.

Carl Peterson.

Can we add Herm :cuss: Edwards to this list?

Thai Cheif
08-27-2007, 02:16 AM
Good post. Let's not forget that Brodie hardly played at all last year. I, for one, can wait.

Fruit Ninja
08-27-2007, 03:45 AM

Pretty much proves the morons who watched River Falls training camp were filling you guys with a bunch of fluff articles that I called them out on. Bottomline is WPI is garbage and their reports were garbage filler. The guys watching training camp can't tell talent who is better.I think they were pretty much ok. Most everyone on this board and other boards thought Croyle was gong to get the nod. The 3rd game is where he blew it. All he had to do was not make stupid mental mistakes. He did it again.

I think WPI was pretty dead on until Croyle had a horrible 3rd game.

Braincase
08-27-2007, 05:53 AM
I think it was all a Jedi mind trick to confuse weak-minded Raiders fans.

Guess it worked, right Obi-Wan?

htismaqe
08-27-2007, 08:02 AM
The training camp reports were 100% dead-on. The coaching staff LOVES his upside.

But at the end of the day, Herm is scared to turn the ball over. So they went with Huard.

OnTheWarpath58
08-27-2007, 10:48 AM
The training camp reports were 100% dead-on. The coaching staff LOVES his upside.

But at the end of the day, Herm is scared to turn the ball over. So they went with Huard.

Boy, is Herm gonna be surprised when Huard fumbles 5 times in the first 2 games......

InChiefsHell
08-27-2007, 10:51 AM
Then he'll bring in Brodie, which is what Herm has wanted to do all along...this is just a ploy on his part to prove he's right about "pulling the trigger" on Croyle...

...it's a conspiracy I tell ya...brilliant...

htismaqe
08-27-2007, 11:07 AM
I wouldn't be at all surprised if Huard's "calf injury" keeps him from playing Week 1.

It's the best of both worlds for Herm and Carl. They "name" Huard the starter, knowing he's injured, and then they can tell the fans that they wanted to do what they needed to do to "win" but now have no choice but play Croyle.

ChiefsfaninPA
08-27-2007, 11:09 AM
I wouldn't be at all surprised if Huard's "calf injury" keeps him from playing Week 1.

It's the best of both worlds for Herm and Carl. They "name" Huard the starter, knowing he's injured, and then they can tell the fans that they wanted to do what they needed to do to "win" but now have no choice but play Croyle.

Please let this be true. If it is, you should start writing some articles for unnamed magazines or BB who seem to always be wrong.