PDA

View Full Version : Carl Gives into FEAR!!!

Logical
08-25-2007, 07:33 PM
http://kcchiefs.com/news/2007/08/24/gritz_car_gives_into_fear/

GRITZ: Carl Gives into FEAR!!!
Aug 24, 2007, 8:19:28 AM by Bob Gretz - FAQ

Mark down the date and time. It was August 25th. The time was 8:00 a.m Central Daylight Time.

Thatís when Carl Peterson decided to let fear throw away Brodie Croyle in fear of a fan exit of Arrowhead.

Croyleís career was ending as yet another fruitless Chiefs draft pick died on the grapevine of fear.

And the Arrowhead faithful, at least those who have lived in happiness with mediocrity rejoiced. They did not understand that a young QB only grows through trial and triblulations of his own bad decisions. They could not be expected to understand because Kansas City has never developed a Quarterback.

The problem for Croyle is that the he is young and made mistakes. It was also somewhat misdirected since the problem is the entire Chiefs offense, which is simply awful under Herm and Solari. Thus, the team walked away from its future and on towards another season of .500 or thereabouts football. These fans hold out hope for another one and done playoff appearance and as usual Carl intends to give it his best shot.

Develop a QB you say. Well, Carl spit the bit and now you have to wonder if the head coach might be re-thinking his position as Carl's latest foot shuffling porter. Meanwhile the coaching staff certainly have to be rethinking what they are doing in regards to building for the future, because that not going to be done. The Chiefs have given up on a Championship future and traded it in for immediate gratification. Won't matter though, in the long term Dustin Colquitt is going to need a vacation after the season; heís going to set a record for punts in a season that will never be broken. Isn't that what is important setting some more records.

Whatever is going on with this, itís not going to matter who the starting quarterback for this team is if the offensive line doesnít get itís stuff together. Without that, Damon Huard and the rest of the Chiefs are going to hear many more catcalls from the stands in Arrowhead.

Oh and the future has been mortgaged to asuage Carl's fears.

88TG88
08-25-2007, 07:35 PM
agreed

GoHuge
08-25-2007, 07:35 PM
Is there any way we can get Dayton Moore to take over the Chiefs GM spot as well?

OnTheWarpath58
08-25-2007, 07:36 PM
Nice link......

But right on the money..... :)

Guru
08-25-2007, 07:36 PM
BS

percysnow
08-25-2007, 07:37 PM
article does make sense. . but i just dont think Croyle will ever be good. .

OnTheWarpath58
08-25-2007, 07:38 PM
article does make sense. . but i just dont think Croyle will ever be good. .

And he can't prove you wrong by sitting on the bench.....

morphius
08-25-2007, 07:38 PM
of course if we start off slowly, then we can toss in Croyle from the savior role.

blueballs
08-25-2007, 07:39 PM
you magnificent bastard

splatbass
08-25-2007, 07:39 PM
File Not Found

cn404a

Oops!

The page you were looking for doesnít exist. But donít worry ó weíve got plenty of other great KC Chiefs pages for you to check out. Follow any link on the menu, or go home.

I guess Carl didn't like that article......

OnTheWarpath58
08-25-2007, 07:40 PM
of course if we start off slowly, then we can toss in Croyle from the savior role.

He should look pretty damn good in Week 6, since he will have sat on his ass for 7 weeks.....

:rolleyes:

Logical
08-25-2007, 07:44 PM
He should look pretty damn good in Week 6, since he will have sat on his ass for 7 weeks.....

:rolleyes:What the future is now you fool. Give in to teh fear....

tommykat
08-25-2007, 07:52 PM
I like Huard? But Croyle will see action soon! He is a kid and up and coming. OH WAIT, my calf has a cramp....ROFL Bingo, Brodie is in, and soon. At least Brodie can take the hits.....Chit Trent would have gotten killed there this yr.

Skip Towne
08-25-2007, 07:54 PM
Shouldn't we just punt on first down? It would eliminate INT's

percysnow
08-25-2007, 07:56 PM
Shouldn't we just punt on first down? It would eliminate INT's

lol. . .actually we should run on first then punt on second. . .we have to get our moneys worth with LJ

gblowfish
08-25-2007, 07:57 PM
You'll have to prove to me that Gretz wrote that. It's not on the Chiefs site, which means:

A) somebody ghost wrote that and attributed it to Gretz; or

B) Some How, Some Way, Gretz's bulbous schnozz got dislodged from King Carl's rectal cavity long enough to have an epiphany and write something entirely Un-Gretz-like ... the truth... about something going on with the Chiefs. And toadie little PR troll Bob Moore had it immediately removed from the web site.

Gotta be one or the other.
I can't believe Gretz would write something critical of management.

New valid link please?

Lonewolf Ed
08-25-2007, 08:00 PM
You'll have to prove to me that Gretz wrote that. It's not on the Chiefs site, which means:

B) Some How, Some Way, Gretz's bulbous schnozz got dislodged from King Carl's rectal cavity long enough to have an epiphany and write something entirely Un-Gretz-like ... the truth... about something going on with the Chiefs. And toadie little PR troll Bob Moore had it immediately removed from the web site.

New valid link please?

Look a bit more closely... it is written by "Gritz."

Extra Point
08-25-2007, 08:04 PM
Actual article: http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2007/08/24/gretz_an_ugly_evening/

"GRETZ: An Ugly Evening
Aug 24, 2007, 8:19:28 AM by Bob Gretz - FAQ

Mark down the date and time. It was August 23rd. The time was 8:46 p.m Central Daylight Time.

Thatís when Brodie Croyle had his welcome to the NFL moment.

Croyleís pass intended for Eddie Kennison was picked off by New Orleans cornerback Jason David, ending yet another fruitless Chiefs offensive possession.

And the Arrowhead faithful, at least those that bothered to show up for pre-season game No. 3 let him have it. A full shower of boos followed Croyle off the field. No NFL quarterback has ever worked his way into a starting job without hearing from unhappy hometown fans.

The problem for Croyle is that the booing was deserved. It was also more than likely directed at the entire Chiefs offense, which was simply awful against the Saints. Thus, New Orleans walked away with a 30-7 victory that wasnít as close as the score indicates.

Croyle was awful; hitting just five of 17 passes. Plus, he threw another interception, his third in three games. But he also had no help. Right now, the Chiefs offense is in a shambles and it starts along the offensive line. The front wall is not getting the job done, whether in the running game or the passing game.

Saints DE Will Smith destroyed left tackle Will Svitek, blowing past him and through him all evening. This is no way to evaluate a quarterback.

Coming into the game it seemed pretty obvious that Croyle was going to be Herm Edwards starting quarterback in Houston. All he had to do was go out against the Saints and not spit the bit, as the horse folks would say.

Well, Croyle spit the bit and now you have to wonder if the head coach might be re-thinking his position. He and the coaching staff certainly have to be rethinking what they are doing on offense, because nothing is getting done. The Chiefs have scored just two offensive TDs in three games, are averaging 212.7 yards per game and have turned the ball over six times. Dustin Colquitt is going to need a vacation after this pre-season; heís already punted 20 times in three weeks.

Some holes got punched in the Chiefs defense as well, although itís hard to get riled up at this unit thatís gotten no support from its offense. The Saints ripped off 74 plays against the Chiefs and held the ball for more than 37 minutes. Still, they had just one touchdown in their first eight possessions.

Itís the pre-season. These games are just snapshots of a team. But put up the three offensive snapshots side-by-side and thereís something to worry about. The Chiefs offensive line is not getting the job done. Maybe itís what they are being asked to do, and more specifically, maybe they are being asked to do things they cannot do. Edwards hinted at that on Thursday evening.

Whatever is going on with that unit, itís not going to matter who the starting quarterback for this team is if the offensive line doesnít get itís stuff together and become a more cohesive and productive unit.

Without that, Brodie Croyle and the rest of the Chiefs are going to hear many more catcalls from the stands in Arrowhead."

gblowfish
08-25-2007, 08:08 PM
Not quite the same, eh?

Extra Point
08-25-2007, 08:13 PM
The tell: "GRITZ: Carl Gives into FEAR!!!"

Logical
08-25-2007, 08:23 PM

New valid link please?

Gotcha...:D

GoHuge
08-25-2007, 09:06 PM
As many have said since this story broke if we come home from Houston and Chicago 0-2. I believe Brody will be playing in very short order. We'd have to go 10-4 over the remaining games to make 10 wins (which isn't happening). They'll keep Damon in as long as it looks like we can salvage another mediocre season to keep it interesting down the stretch and ticket sells up. As soon as they realize the post season isn't a reality, Damon picks up a clip board.

Brody will see the majority of the snaps. Herm just didn't want to kill his confidence or him physically on the road in Chicago. At least I hope that is the case. I thought we where trying to go younger, and I'm in no mood for another 9-7 season of twiddling our dicks while Brody sits on the bench leaving us wondering whether or not the kid can play in this league.

I say just play Brody regardless of how painful it is to watch. Either way this team isn't making it to the Super Bowl. Might as well see what we've got to assess our needs in the future when it does matter.

ChiefsCountry
08-25-2007, 09:25 PM
This is my biggest gripe about the Chiefs over the last years - its the panic mode. 93 we saw in acquiring Montana, 94 we saw it with alot of free agents decisions, 98 the biggest panic went crazy in the free agent market - when we should have followed the 96 and 97 blueprint with getting younger through the draft. 03 lets sign more free agents, 05 same thing. Just freaking gets old.

Mr. Kotter
08-25-2007, 10:25 PM
Nice parody, Jim.

And I actually agree with you for the most part. :clap:

:)

The ONLY positive of Huard "starting" IMHO....is that Croyle will get a chance, due to injury or woeful performance by Huard, to "come in" and "pick up" the team....during a clear rebuilding....and provide a "spark" and inspiration, that will fuel hope for the FUTURE.

I'm just hoping it happens before week 8 or 9..... :(

:banghead:

:shake:

Logical
08-25-2007, 11:22 PM
Nice parody, Jim.

And I actually agree with you for the most part. :clap:

:)

The ONLY positive of Huard "starting" IMHO....is that Croyle will get a chance, due to injury or woeful performance by Huard, to "come in" and "pick up" the team....during a clear rebuilding....and provide a "spark" and inspiration, that will fuel hope for the FUTURE.

I'm just hoping it happens before week 8 or 9..... :(

:banghead:

:shake:Thanks Rob, hope I did not piss off George with this parody though.

Logical
08-26-2007, 12:36 PM
This is my biggest gripe about the Chiefs over the last years - its the panic mode. 93 we saw in acquiring Montana, 94 we saw it with alot of free agents decisions, 98 the biggest panic went crazy in the free agent market - when we should have followed the 96 and 97 blueprint with getting younger through the draft. 03 lets sign more free agents, 05 same thing. Just freaking gets old.I think this is worse than panic mode because in 93 we had a legitimate shot at a championship with Joe. We have no chance with either Damon or Croyle this season because of the lack of talent on the rest of the team.

Crashride
08-26-2007, 12:47 PM
would have been really nice to see how croyle does with lj in the back field. But I dont think were in enough of a REBUILD mode to jump in and accept the mistakes of a rookie. not yet

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-26-2007, 01:12 PM
It's difficult to express just how pathetic and sad this place has become.

morphius
08-26-2007, 01:15 PM
LOL! This place has always been up and down.

Skip Towne
08-26-2007, 01:21 PM
Ain't it awful? Entirely too much football talk.

FAX
08-26-2007, 01:22 PM
I feel your pain, Mr. beer me. But, I don't think we've even begun to scratch the surface of pathetic and sad.

Just give us two more years and we'll take pathetic and sad to an entirely new level.

FAX

Dave Lane
08-26-2007, 01:24 PM
Is there any way we can get Dayton Moore to take over the Chiefs GM spot as well?

Nice!

Dave

ChiefsCountry
08-26-2007, 01:24 PM
We have no chance with either Damon or Croyle this season because of the lack of talent on the rest of the team.

Actually I think this is one of the most talented Chiefs teams in recent history sans the offensive line, which makes the whole thing run.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-26-2007, 01:42 PM
Ain't it awful? Entirely too much football talk.
No just an amazing amount of pissing and moaning by arm chair QB's that obviously know better than a coach that over achieved last year and might have some better insight into what his QB's and team are capable of than they are.

And just for the record, the people who think we're going 9-7 with Huard are probably delusional too. As bad as the O-line looks we won't sniff .500 no matter who plays QB. I however am fine with making Croyle get his simple mechanics down before throwing him in and making things even worse...especially for him.

The folks who say they are ok with going 3-13 so Croyle can grow... yea right. That all sounds good to say... until it actually happens and the collective planet panty bunches up and heads right up the hole.

NaptownChief
08-26-2007, 01:54 PM
No just an amazing amount of pissing and moaning by arm chair QB's that obviously know better than a coach that over achieved last year and might have some better insight into what his QB's and team are capable of than they are.

Given the tremendous amount of success that the Chiefs have obtained over the last 30 years it is amazing that anyone could possibly have doubts about those running the ship. :D

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-26-2007, 02:30 PM
Given the tremendous amount of success that the Chiefs have obtained over the last 30 years it is amazing that anyone could possibly have doubts about those running the ship. :D
I give you that.

macdawg
08-26-2007, 02:36 PM
"They did not understand that a young QB only grows through trial and triblulations of his own bad decisions."

i can support a qb through trials and tribulations, i can't support a qb who consistently plays like shit in the preseason against dummy defenses, like going 5 of 17 against the saints with a QB rating of 15.

Face it, Brodie is doing terrible, so bad we would never win a game with him.....

ChiefsCountry
08-26-2007, 02:48 PM
"They did not understand that a young QB only grows through trial and triblulations of his own bad decisions."

i can support a qb through trials and tribulations, i can't support a qb who consistently plays like shit in the preseason against dummy defenses, like going 5 of 17 against the saints with a QB rating of 15.

Face it, Brodie is doing terrible, so bad we would never win a game with him.....

Yeah like the wr's dropping balls and having Will Smith in your grill all night will make you look really great.

BigMeatballDave
08-26-2007, 02:53 PM
Agreed.

BigMeatballDave
08-26-2007, 02:57 PM
LMAO

Logical
08-26-2007, 02:57 PM
Actually I think this is one of the most talented Chiefs teams in recent history sans the offensive line, which makes the whole thing run.That would depend on your definition of recent.

OnTheWarpath58
08-26-2007, 02:58 PM
Yeah like the wr's dropping balls and having Will Smith in your grill all night will make you look really great.

It amazes me how much stock people put into a stat line

6 passes that had NOTHING to do with Croyle.

And he's getting crucified for three incompletions that he made the RIGHT DECISION by the ball away. But his decision making is awful? He's made 3 bad decisions.

ChiefsCountry
08-26-2007, 03:04 PM
That would depend on your definition of recent.

The Carl era.

Logical
08-26-2007, 03:11 PM
The Carl era.If you give it that big of a span then I think you have lost your mind. Sorry.

macdawg
08-26-2007, 08:36 PM
ChiefsCountry I totally agree Brodie isn't getting proper support. But last year Huard also had a horrible line & WR's and is just better, I don't understand why that is so hard for people to admit, you'd think everyone here was related to Brodie Croyle or something with the kind of biases they have......