PDA

View Full Version : A rebuilding year does not guarantee a winning team next year. Is that really true?

chris
08-25-2007, 08:48 PM
In another thread, I made this statement. Then got to thinking about it.

Is it really true .........that the conventional wisdom of...........you must tear down to rebuild??

Has anyone seen any data on the % of rebuilds that turn into playoff teams??

I know why teams like NE, Phi, and the evil Donkeys keep reloading and reloading....................but we are stuck with the GM and coach we currently have.

Seriously, what data supports this urban legend??

RJ
08-25-2007, 08:50 PM
I've always thought "rebuilding" was a term that bad teams used to keep the seats filled. I don't mean the Chiefs, I mean in general. Lots of pro sports teams are in continual rebuilding mode.

cdcox
08-25-2007, 09:20 PM
Reload = replace aging players while contending

Rebuild = replacing aging players while sucking

I'm pretty sure we will be rebuilding.

ChiefsCountry
08-25-2007, 09:22 PM
Kind of like you making dumb threads each time a thought comes out of your head.

KCChiefsMan
08-25-2007, 09:26 PM
we're not playing good in preseason, so I guess there's always next year

patteeu
08-25-2007, 09:57 PM
I don't know what the data says, but there are quite a few teams that end up rebuilding for quite a while. If sucking one year was a guarantee of success the next, Arizona would be something like a dynasty.

milkman
08-25-2007, 10:04 PM
Who gives a rat's ass what the stats are?

What I know is that what Carl has done for the last 18 years hasn't worked.

It's time to try a new approach.

mikey23545
08-25-2007, 10:29 PM
As we all know, thanks to the intellectual elite of Chiefs Planet, the definition of rebuilding is to lose as many games as possible.

chris
08-25-2007, 10:35 PM
I don't know what the data says, but there are quite a few teams that end up rebuilding for quite a while. If sucking one year was a guarantee of success the next, Arizona would be something like a dynasty.

Exactly. Good example.

All these people are grasping at the uncertainty of tomorrow to justify starting a unproven QB.

cdcox
08-25-2007, 10:37 PM
Exactly. Good example.

All these people are grasping at the uncertainty of tomorrow to justify starting a unproven QB.

Maybe because the uncertainty of tomorrow > the certainty of today

the Talking Can
08-25-2007, 10:38 PM
this thread is dumber than Carl Peterson

OnTheWarpath58
08-25-2007, 10:39 PM
Maybe because the uncertainty of tomorrow > the certainty of today

Beat me to it.