PDA

View Full Version : The 10 worst games of all time

Lzen
08-26-2007, 08:52 AM
http://www.pcworld.ca//news/column/e74a4b260a0104080187a604f37df23d/pg0.htm

TrickyNicky
08-26-2007, 09:00 AM
Couldn't disagree with any of those. Especially PoP2 Warrior Within. It was such a tragedy they ruined the game to make it "XTreme to the MAXXX!!1!1" for the younger generation.

Deberg_1990
08-26-2007, 09:42 AM
Super Columbine Massacre?? WTF??

What genius thought that one up??

Thats just distasteful....

QuikSsurfer
08-26-2007, 09:49 AM
i think i still have shaq fu stuffed in a box somewhere. TERRIBLE game

htismaqe
08-26-2007, 09:54 AM
I hate it when these lists start at #1. It ruins the suspense...

Lzen
08-26-2007, 10:03 AM
Super Columbine Massacre?? WTF??

What genius thought that one up??

Thats just distasteful....
Yup. That game creator should be shot.

Reaper16
08-26-2007, 10:21 AM
That list is terrible. It was more like the worst game concepts than games. I could probably spend the next hour or two easily thinking of games worse than PoP: Warrior Within.

noa
08-26-2007, 10:56 AM
I don't know why I had this game as a kid, but I think it deserves consideration. Its called Wall Street Kid.

http://www.seanbaby.com/nes/basedoncrap06.htm

Baby Lee
08-26-2007, 11:46 AM
They still use the sounds from the Atari version of Pac Man when kids are playing video games on TV shows. Guess it's the only interest out there licensing it's sound effects. Weird seeing some kid playing a PSP with 1981 game sounds eminating from it.

Guru
08-26-2007, 02:51 PM
I can't believe Drake of the 99 dragons is not on that list. That is absolutely the worst of all Xbox games ever made.

Ultra Peanut
08-26-2007, 02:59 PM
That list is terrible. It was more like the worst game concepts than games. I could probably spend the next hour or two easily thinking of games worse than PoP: Warrior Within.Exactly. WW was inferior to Sands of Time, but it wasn't even remotely one of the worst games of all time.

They still use the sounds from the Atari version of Pac Man when kids are playing video games on TV shows. Guess it's the only interest out there licensing it's sound effects. Weird seeing some kid playing a PSP with 1981 game sounds eminating from it.That's apparently a device to keep viewers from being confused and thinking the game sounds (say, brakes squealing or a gunshot) are occurring somewhere off-screen.

KCChiefsMan
08-26-2007, 03:03 PM
I would add Madden 2007 and 2008 on that list

JBucc
08-26-2007, 03:04 PM
I'm usually pretty picky with what I buy so I can't think of any really bad games I've bought. Probably the closest to horrible is Ford Racing. I didn't really want the game though it just came with a controller I bought.

Demonpenz
08-26-2007, 05:02 PM
bo jackson baseball nes
CONFLICT NES
original tmnt nes
ultimate football snes
Pit fighter snes
f1 racing games for playstation always sucked
rugby ps2

Rain Man
08-26-2007, 05:12 PM
I don't know why I had this game as a kid, but I think it deserves consideration. Its called Wall Street Kid.

http://www.seanbaby.com/nes/basedoncrap06.htm

Did you buy it yourself, or did a rich uncle buy it for you?

It actually has some promise, but they need to add some mistresses to it to really make it work.

TrickyNicky
08-26-2007, 08:22 PM
Also, there were a lot of Sega CD games that would be worth putting on numerous "horrible game" lists.

Valiant
08-26-2007, 08:39 PM
I hate it when these lists start at #1. It ruins the suspense...

You should blame the person linking the article..

Cochise
08-27-2007, 05:43 AM
Couldn't disagree with any of those. Especially PoP2 Warrior Within. It was such a tragedy they ruined the game to make it "XTreme to the MAXXX!!1!1" for the younger generation.

I thought that The Two Thrones was fun.

Mr. Laz
08-27-2007, 10:57 AM
no way is POP2 warrior within is the 9th worst game

it may of pissed people off .... but some games out there can barely get their titles right.

Cochise
08-27-2007, 11:33 AM
I loved Wall Street Kid on the NES.

They should have put Crackdown for xbox 360 on this list. I should have downloaded SmashTV from Xbox live arcade and gotten the exact same thing for only $5.

(actually, since you might not finish SmashTV virtually seconds after you open the box, it would probably be a better value at whatever price)

Anyway, my nomination is the Superman game that came out on Nintendo 64. My little brother bought it used a few years ago and it was absolutely inept at everything. My favorite part was that they built this fog into every level to hide the fact that the machine couldn't render the visuals beyond a very short clip plane

DJJasonp
08-27-2007, 02:10 PM
I remember in the 80's....my all-time favorite arcade game was crazy climber (dont ask me why)...anyways, I remember Atari pre-selling the cartridge...so I payed the money and ordered it...waited what seemed like forever....never forget the UPS guy dropping it off late one night...I rip it open, start playing....what a piece of crap...nothing like the arcade version...sad graphics, etc. etc.

Granted, it was the original Atari system..so not much to work with...but being a kid...I remember being completely disappointed.

Adept Havelock
08-27-2007, 04:45 PM
Also, there were a lot of Sega CD games that would be worth putting on numerous "horrible game" lists.

Sewer Shark, Joe Montana 3-D football, and Brutal Paws of Fury come to mind.

I think World War Three was about the only game on that platform that I actually played through.

BigRock
08-27-2007, 05:22 PM
Sewer Shark, Joe Montana 3-D football, and Brutal Paws of Fury come to mind.
I liked Sewer Shark! "Relaaaaax, pretend it's a game." LMAO

Although I also liked the Make My Video games, so clearly I'm a moron.

Cochise
08-27-2007, 06:56 PM
This is kinda funny:

Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing (2003, PC): This game has a truck-racing premise but features nonexistent collision detection (even on bridges), trucks that accelerate infinitely in reverse (to the limits of processing), stopping as soon as the down arrow key is released, players being able to go up hills at a 90-degree angle, a computer controlled player that does not move, and a complete lack of a boundary preventing the truck from leaving the map. These were some of the many reasons for why this game is considered "massively flawed." GameSpot gave the game a 1.0 out of 10.0, the lowest score ever given by the review site. It was the only time GameSpot ever gave a game a 1.0, and they described it as "one of the most atrocious games ever published."[2] X-Play, a game reviewing TV show on G4TV, said "hands-down, this is the worst video game ever to be released." and was unable to give it a rating because the TV program's rating scale does not have a zero.[3] This negative fame has spawned dedicated fans on several gaming forums. As of current, it has a 4% rating on Game Rankings, making it their lowest-rated game. It also has an average score of 8 out of a possible 100 at Metacritic, making it the worst-reviewed game ever on that site.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_games_notable_for_negative_reception

Cochise
08-27-2007, 07:15 PM
Holy mother: a review of Big Rigs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mB1zWEhgrLs

Jenson71
08-27-2007, 07:35 PM
One Christmas, I begged my parents for a computer game. I didn't care if I didn't get anything else. I just wanted a computer game so bad. That morning, I didn't mind having only one wrapped box underneath the tree. I just knew I'd gotten my wish! I tore up the wrapping paper! And there it was...

Big Rigs.