PDA

View Full Version : How disappointing are the Chiefs as an Organization?

Reerun_KC
08-26-2007, 11:09 AM
Okay well, how disappointing is this? Well I have had time to cool down from this devastating news and post.. All the hope of getting younger and building a championship team, quickly flushed away like your morning dump. Herm Edwards? Herm ****ING Edwards? You know I have tried, really tried to like this dipshit… But honestly, I hated his sorry no coaching ass in NYJ with a passion and now I am embarrassed for all fans of the Chiefs that his no coaching ass is here in KC… Yeah Yeah, you Herm Edward fan tools back him all you want. Bring up the Indy playoff game where he won, yadda yadda yadda… You know what? He sucks and he is a pathetic nutless coach. His style of coaching won’t win when it counts in the modern football age. Maybe in 1989, but not in 2007.

For once I thought I could give him the benefit of the doubt and really rally behind him. Finally after 18 years of shit, we had a coach that would stand up to Carl and do things his way. I guess not! But this crap of starting No Hope Huard really set the tone for this season. We weren’t going to the playoffs this season regardless who starts at QB… We aren’t a good football team, so why waste the valuable time in sitting Croyle on the bench?

Carl, Carl ****ing Peterson…. You worthless shitbag… 18 years of your whiny ass 5 year plan. Yeah we know it is your idea to start No Hope Huard. You are scared shitless of actually taking a chance to build a championship team… This move right here proves to the Fans of the Chiefs that you care about one thing. That is filling the stadium full. If you think otherwise, you really are retarded...

Even some of my family is thrilled that No Hope Huard is starting. Why? Because they told me this “I would rather go 9-7 and have hope for a playoff spot each year, then rebuild and make an attempt at championship run” You are ****ing kidding me right? You would rather set here and be bitch slapped in the playoffs like a $3 hooker each year then be a serious contender? And their answers were yes! Yes? Why Yes? They said “because at least we made the playoffs!” YOU ARE ****ING KIDDING ME! Make the playoffs only to be run out because we don’t belong?

Carl’s motto of mediocrity if evident all throughout Kansas City… He has been here so long that he has brainwashed most of the fans… Starting Huard and agreeing with this is one of the main reasons the Chiefs will never be serious about winning or competing in a super bowl… And if you think No Hope Huard is going to take the Chiefs deep in the playoffs or to a super bowl… You need to back away from Carl’s red Kool-Aid.

Mr. Laz
08-26-2007, 11:13 AM
completely depends on your expectations

HonestChieffan
08-26-2007, 11:15 AM
Good Rant...well done.

I can buy Herm as a idiot. I was down on this dickhead when they went after him. He is the director of the doom train. He will never make us a team.

Carl...ok sure hes had some good and bad but heck they guy did wonders for the Chiefs from where it was under Jack "I am dull" Steadman.

Im putting all my hatered into the Herm Basket.

Reerun_KC
08-26-2007, 11:16 AM
completely depends on your expectations

Mine were to take the lumps and build a team around Croyle... Was very excited to watch the Chiefs start putting the pieces together for a playoff run next year and a superbowl run in 09...

Now? 9-7 and zero hope for the future...

Reerun_KC
08-26-2007, 11:17 AM
Good Rant...well done.

I can buy Herm as a idiot. I was down on this dickhead when they went after him. He is the director of the doom train. He will never make us a team.

Carl...ok sure hes had some good and bad but heck they guy did wonders for the Chiefs from where it was under Jack "I am dull" Steadman.

Im putting all my hatered into the Herm Basket.

Just had to vent....

Mr. Laz
08-26-2007, 11:20 AM
Mine were to take the lumps and build a team around Croyle... Was very excited to watch the Chiefs start putting the pieces together for a playoff run next year and a superbowl run in 09...

Now? 9-7 and zero hope for the future...
i know .... i'm just saying that there are a bunch of people who just want to be respectable every year. It doesn't matter if the team doesn't realistically have a change to win a super bowl.

of course then there is the Hunt family who's expectations for financial viability is the main thing.

Reerun_KC
08-26-2007, 11:22 AM
i know .... i'm just saying that there are a bunch of people who just want to be respectable every year. It doesn't matter if the team doesn't realistically have a change to win a super bowl.

of course then there is the Hunt family who's expectations for financial viability is the main thing.

Respectable?

I see your point, 9-7 is very respectable year after year after year after year after year................ Wash rinse repeat....

nychief
08-26-2007, 11:29 AM
this is ****ing retarded.

Deberg_1990
08-26-2007, 11:29 AM
No more disappointing than the Saints, Jets, Lions etc.....teams that have never been to a SB or havent won one since the Stone Ages.

chiefbowe82
08-26-2007, 11:30 AM
You guys are idiots Huard starting now has nothing to do with Croyle not becoming a starter a little bit down the road...think about it a little bit before going on your little rants!

HonestChieffan
08-26-2007, 11:32 AM
Can someone please tell me what gives you Croyle people any hope? This guy has shown ZERO

Reerun_KC
08-26-2007, 11:33 AM
You guys are idiots Huard starting now has nothing to do with Croyle not becoming a starter a little bit down the road...think about it a little bit before going on your little rants!

No offense, but we have seen this all to often... Huard and the team plays just enough to keep us on the edge of a playoff berth... They wont yank Huard to get Croyle the reps and playing time he needs to develop, while risking a chance at a 9-7 record and HOPE for a playoff bid..

Next year's offseason we are doing this again...

Reerun_KC
08-26-2007, 11:34 AM
Can someone please tell me what gives you Croyle people any hope? This guy has shown ZERO

Cant tell you, havent seen Croyle play any in the regular season. Have you?

You dont know if you dont try....

But I have seen enough of Huard to know he wont lead the Chiefs to playoff wins or a superbowl...

Deberg_1990
08-26-2007, 11:35 AM

So did Peyton Manning, Favre, Montana, and Elway....

By the time they had started ZERO games.

Point is, you have to take a risk and start a young QB if you want to be successful long term. No risk no reward.

chiefbowe82
08-26-2007, 11:37 AM
No offense, but we have seen this all to often... Huard and the team plays just enough to keep us on the edge of a playoff berth... They wont yank Huard to get Croyle the reps and playing time he needs to develop, while risking a chance at a 9-7 record and HOPE for a playoff bid..

Next year's offseason we are doing this again...

No next year croyle will be the starter if not sooner IMO. Towards the end of last season everyone was saying "CUT GREEN, START HUARD, DEVELOP CROYLE" then we got this little competition going between huard and croyle and people started jumping on the croyle bandwagon to get him developed sooner...now that Huard has won the competition we're all the sudden doomed!

Bacon Cheeseburger
08-26-2007, 11:39 AM
So did Peyton Manning, Favre, Montana, and Elway....

By the time they had started ZERO games.

Point is, you have to take a risk and start a young QB if you want to be successful long term. No risk no reward.
The risk doesn't guarantee a reward though. We could very well waste a season or two that way as well. It's pretty much a catch-22.

luv
08-26-2007, 11:40 AM
The risk doesn't guarantee a reward though. We could very well waste a season or two that way as well. It's pretty much a catch-22.
We'll never know, either way.

Reerun_KC
08-26-2007, 11:40 AM
No next year croyle will be the starter if not sooner IMO. Towards the end of last season everyone was saying "CUT GREEN, START HUARD, DEVELOP CROYLE" then we got this little competition going between huard and croyle and people started jumping on the croyle bandwagon to get him developed sooner...now that Huard has won the competition we're all the sudden doomed!

Were not doomed buddy, we are just not going to grow as a team like most successful teams do.. We are bringing in someone that has zero hope for the future in leading this team and leaning on this person...

Reerun_KC
08-26-2007, 11:42 AM

Your right, or we could waste this and next season as well by continuing on with the current status...

Starting washed up backups hasnt gotten the Chiefs anywhere in the last 18 years either... (minus montana)

so what makes us all think that Huard is going to lead this team to glory?

OnTheWarpath58
08-26-2007, 11:42 AM

You're right, the risk doesn't GUARANTEE a reward.

It does GUARANTEE you know more about Croyle than you did the year before.

Knowledge does NOT equal a wasted season.

Reerun_KC
08-26-2007, 11:44 AM

Maybe Carl will catch on fire and die someday?

Deberg_1990
08-26-2007, 11:45 AM

Very true....but it might help guarantee a high draft pick for a premiere QB or left tackle.

Its time for the Chiefs to try something different for a change, because what they have been doing for 18 years isnt working.

Easy 6
08-26-2007, 11:47 AM

Besides his bio, the thing that gave me hope was the way he passed the ball downfield against the fins like he was playing Madden.

"Young QB struggles to find rhythm...makes some mistakes"...WHAT A SHOCKING HEADLINE!!!

Reerun_KC
08-26-2007, 11:47 AM
Its time for the Chiefs to try something different for a change, because what they have been doing for 18 years isnt working.

Its keeping the fans happy and the stadium full... What is not to like?

Bacon Cheeseburger
08-26-2007, 11:49 AM
Your right, or we could waste this and next season as well by continuing on with the current status...

Starting washed up backups hasnt gotten the Chiefs anywhere in the last 18 years either... (minus montana)

so what makes us all think that Huard is going to lead this team to glory?
Well...Trent Dilfer has a SB ring. With that said, I'm not sure anyone thinks DH is going to lead us to glory. Personally, I don't have strong feelings either way on this, I don't get bent out of shape over things that are beyond my control.

Deberg_1990
08-26-2007, 11:50 AM
Its keeping the fans happy and the stadium full... What is not to like?

Good Point. Then Carl is giving the fans exactly what they want. Honestly, we all have helped create this mediocrity machine.

Bacon Cheeseburger
08-26-2007, 11:52 AM

That's assuming DH starts the entire season and Croyle never plays. I'm still not sure we're going to be able to see what BC has playing behind this line anyway. What are we going to learn if he's getting sacked and hurried on every passing play?

Bacon Cheeseburger
08-26-2007, 11:55 AM
Very true....but it might help guarantee a high draft pick for a premiere QB or left tackle.

Correct, and I'm not necessarily against that, but I will also guarantee if we only win 4 or 5 games this place will be filled with "Herm MUST go!" threads. It's really a no-win situation.

OnTheWarpath58
08-26-2007, 11:58 AM
What are we going to learn if he's getting sacked and hurried on every passing play?

Why not ask Peyton Manning, Troy Aikman and John Elway?

God forbid the kid face some adversity.

And what's the difference between playing him Week 1 vs. waiting until Week 6?

He'll still be playing behind the same OL.

HypnotizedMonkey
08-26-2007, 11:58 AM
DJ needs to start wrecking shop... he's on the brink. I think we've got some good defensive players and if they got on a streak of playing consistantly well, we could go on a nice run this year. That, and LJ needs to run like all of his money is on fire. ..and maybe.. just maybe .. all the time Huard has spent around REAL QBs has worn off on him?? He has had a lot of opportunity to learn some good things from some great players.

.. and Trent Green's statue of liberty was awesome ..

Bacon Cheeseburger
08-26-2007, 12:02 PM
Why not ask Peyton Manning, Troy Aikman and John Elway?
Were their lines as bad as ours in their first years?

God forbid the kid face some adversity.
There's a difference between adversity and getting killed on every play.

And what's the difference between playing him Week 1 vs. waiting until Week 6?

He'll still be playing behind the same OL.
None at all. Hence the catch-22 reference.

OnTheWarpath58
08-26-2007, 12:13 PM

I can't find Manning's sack numbers, but he threw 28 INTs his rookie year.

Aikman was sacked 58 times in his first 27 games, and threw 36 INTs.

Elway has been sacked more times than any other QB in the HISTORY of the game, over 500 times.

I think it's safe to say they were working with much less than a full deck on the OL.......

Deberg_1990
08-26-2007, 12:15 PM

Yes. The Colts and Cowboys especially were absolutely dreadful organizations when Aikman and Manning started playing.

Bacon Cheeseburger
08-26-2007, 12:20 PM
I can't find Manning's sack numbers, but he threw 28 INTs his rookie year.

Aikman was sacked 58 times in his first 27 games, and threw 36 INTs.

Elway has been sacked more times than any other QB in the HISTORY of the game, over 500 times.

I think it's safe to say they were working with much less than a full deck on the OL.......
Very well, but I still feel like you're using the exceptions to the rule. I'm sure there are far more QBs that have failed in that situation. Nevertheless, the bottom line is Herm and Carl are going to do what it takes to protect their jobs regardless of what any of us think. I believe it was Bobby Bowden who once said "coaches that listen to the fans end up sitting with them".

FAX
08-26-2007, 12:25 PM
I've been thinking about the positives to which we can look forward after this decision.

Positive Number 1. Brodie will be learning how to conduct himself as a professional backup from someone with tons of experience.

Positive Number 2. Brodie won't have to shower after the games. This will save water which will help with the global warming problem.

Positive Number 3. Our receivers won't be troubled with those annoying hand burns you get from catching fast passes.

Positive Number 4. Since Brodie won't be playing, no ex-Alabama quarterbacks will be coming to Arrowhead to watch him perform. This includes Joe Namath and the Snake which will leave lots more alcohol for everybody else.

Positive Number 5. Brodie's failure to win the starting position will likely cause great disfunction in the Croyle household ultimately leading to divorce thus placing the former Mrs. Croyle back on the market.

FAX

OnTheWarpath58
08-26-2007, 12:25 PM
Very well, but I still feel like you're using the exceptions to the rule. I'm sure there are far more QBs that have failed in that situation. Nevertheless, the bottom line is Herm and Carl are going to do what it takes to protect their jobs regardless of what any of us think. I believe it was Bobby Bowden who once said "coaches that listen to the fans end up sitting with them".

One of two things will happen.

He'll show enough to make the coaches feel he can be the QBOTF.

Or, he'll show nothing, which gets us closer to our true QBOTF.

But not taking the risk to gather information for the future is a waste.

The kid could be the next Manning. He could be the next Carr. He could be something in between.

But every game Huard starts puts the organization farther away from finding out.

And you're right.

Peterson is more concerned with protecting his job than building a Championship caliber team.

HonestChieffan
08-26-2007, 12:31 PM
I've been thinking about the positives to which we can look forward after this decision.

Positive Number 1. Brodie will be learning how to conduct himself as a professional backup from someone with tons of experience.

Positive Number 2. Brodie won't have to shower after the games. This will save water which will help with the global warming problem.

Positive Number 3. Our receivers won't be troubled with those annoying hand burns you get from catching fast passes.

Positive Number 4. Since Brodie won't be playing, no ex-Alabama quarterbacks will be coming to Arrowhead to watch him perform. This includes Joe Namath and the Snake which will leave lots more alcohol for everybody else.

Positive Number 5. Brodie's failure to win the starting position will likely cause great disfunction in the Croyle household ultimately leading to divorce thus placing the former Mrs. Croyle back on the market.

FAX

Excellent. Now I do feel better.

Bacon Cheeseburger
08-26-2007, 12:31 PM
One of two things will happen.

He'll show enough to make the coaches feel he can be the QBOTF.

Or, he'll show nothing, which gets us closer to our true QBOTF.

But not taking the risk to gather information for the future is a waste.

The kid could be the next Manning. He could be the next Carr. He could be something in between.

But every game Huard starts puts the organization farther away from finding out.

And you're right.

Peterson is more concerned with protecting his job than building a Championship caliber team.
Don't get me wrong, I understand the frustration. What I don't understand is why we even drafted him in the first place if Herm and Carl weren't willing to take that risk. It seems contradictory to me.

OnTheWarpath58
08-26-2007, 12:32 PM
Don't get me wrong, I understand the frustration. What I don't understand is why we even drafted him in the first place if Herm and Carl weren't willing to take that risk. It seems contradictory to me.

EX-MOTHER****ING-ACTLY.

milkman
08-26-2007, 12:37 PM
We can always rely on Mr. Fax's cooler head prevailing.

Chiefnj2
Reerun,

You and I have been against Herm since the beginning, in part, because we saw what he did (and didn't do) with the Jets.

Why does this latest episode surprise or anger you? You knew Herm was going to make the conservative decision and play the guy that made the fewest mistakes. Why are you shocked that Huard is the starter?

I'm surprised that anybody who has been anti-Herm from the start didn't see this coming. Croyle made the decision easy.

the Talking Can
The Chiefs drafted Croyle for the purpose of backing up a 34 yr old career backup.

And the fans are thrilled.

Thus endeth the story.

Reerun_KC
10-07-2008, 10:38 PM
Bump for bordem and ol time sakes...

Damn that was a rant if I have ever saw one...

DaneMcCloud
10-08-2008, 12:15 AM
Your anger is misplaced.

It's ALL about the owner.

PERIOD.

Steinbrenner may be an asshole but he gets results.

Jerry Jones may be a an asshole but he gets results.

Kraft may be an asshole but he gets results.

DeBartolo may have been an asshole be he gets results.

"Dr." Buss may bang 21 year-olds but he gets results.

The Hunts?

They fill a stadium.

Ozark Dirtbag
10-08-2008, 12:19 AM
Your anger is misplaced.

It's ALL about the owner.

PERIOD.

Steinbrenner may be an asshole but he gets results.

Jerry Jones may be a an asshole but he gets results.

Kraft may be an asshole but he gets results.

DeBartolo may have been an asshole be he gets results.

"Dr." Buss may bang 21 year-olds but he gets results.

The Hunts?

They fill a stadium.

What about Dan Rooney and the Mara Family? They have won two of the last three Super Bowls and they are nice people like the Hunts.

DaneMcCloud
10-08-2008, 12:28 AM
What about Dan Rooney and the Mara Family? They have won two of the last three Super Bowls and they are nice people like the Hunts.

Really? Are you personally friendly with them?

How many coaches have the Mara and Tisch families hired since 1990?

How many Super Bowls have the Mara and Tisch families won since 1990?

How many first round QB's have the Mara and Tisch families chosen since 1990?

Unlinke the above, don't even get me started on the Rooney's and their problems and short-sightedness in the past 15 years.

Ozark Dirtbag
10-08-2008, 12:37 AM
Really? Are you personally friendly with them?

Wellington Mara was one of the nicest people in pro football.

How many coaches have the Mara and Tisch families hired since 1990?

Four. Ray Handley, Dan Reeves, Jim Fassel, Tom Coughlin. Same number of Chiefs HCs.

How many Super Bowls have the Mara and Tisch families won since 1990?

Two

How many first round QB's have the Mara and Tisch families chosen since 1990?

Two. Dave Brown (1992) and Eli Manning (2003)

Unlinke the above, don't even get me started on the Rooney's and their problems and short-sightedness in the past 15 years.

Pittsburgh has had a good run since 1992. Easily one of the top five football franchises during that span.

El Pendejo
10-08-2008, 12:45 AM
Wasn't Dave Brown a supplemental pick?

Also...as to the thread title...I am not at all disappointed in the Chiefs as an organization.

(Edit: He was a first round supplemental pick, which I guess is close enough.)

DaneMcCloud
10-08-2008, 12:49 AM
Wellington Mara was one of the nicest people in pro football.

Four. Ray Handley, Dan Reeves, Jim Fassel, Tom Coughlin. Same number of Chiefs HCs.

Two

Two. Dave Brown (1992) and Eli Manning (2003)

Pittsburgh has had a good run since 1992. Easily one of the top five football franchises during that span.

You're missing the point.

Besides that, do you know the Mara & Tisch family personally? Or this is a generalization?

DaneMcCloud
10-08-2008, 12:50 AM

So why are the owners actively looking to sell?

Ozark Dirtbag
10-08-2008, 01:28 AM
So why are the owners actively looking to sell?

The Rooneys got into the business when the NFL was in it's infancy. The landscape has changed. It's a club of billionaires. The Rooneys don't have the wealth outside of football to compete in a business that is an expensive hobby for their peers.

DaneMcCloud
10-08-2008, 01:32 AM
The Rooneys got into the business when the NFL was in it's infancy. The landscape has changed. It's a club of billionaires. The Rooneys don't have the wealth outside of football to compete in a business that is an expensive hobby for their peers.

Yeah, but who cares?

Are you implying that the Rooneys can't hang in a multi-billion dollar business?

I mean, who here wouldn't want that?