LJ Smith
Fred Taylor
Barber III
K. Curtis
E. Kennison
O. Mare

KCChiefsMan
08-26-2007, 06:39 PM
why Brees & McNabb? sure you could have gotten more value for your team, unless you intend to trade or got McNabb really late

DaKCMan AP
08-26-2007, 06:40 PM
Unless you can start 2 QBs it was pretty retarded to take Brees and McNabb back-to-back. That, combined with the selection of Benson in the 5th round, is why your WRs and TEs are pathetic.

kstater
08-26-2007, 06:48 PM
Kennison? Seriously?

I'm a homer as much as anyone, but Kennison?

Jilly
08-26-2007, 06:50 PM
Kennison? Seriously?

I'm a homer as much as anyone, but Kennison?

:shake: Exactly what I was thinking.... Eek...your team's great except that pick!

HolmeZz
08-26-2007, 06:51 PM
Brutal receivers.

bsp4444
08-26-2007, 06:56 PM
Great QB's, excellent RB's but I would have went with a higher end WR instead of Fred Taylor. I think Barber will put a lot of points up this year. They say there's always a waiver wire WR that can help you, so you're in pretty good shape.

DJay23
08-26-2007, 07:21 PM
Great QB's, excellent RB's but I would have went with a higher end WR instead of Fred Taylor. I think Barber will put a lot of points up this year. They say there's always a waiver wire WR that can help you, so you're in pretty good shape.
By looks of things I doubt he's got the waiver priority high enough to get that receiver though.

chop
08-26-2007, 07:34 PM
I picked up Kennison in my auction draft yesterday but I was really hurting for WR's. Our rosters are huge (22 players d- players also). I went rb"s early, spent too much money and I then got outbid for the wr's I really wanted. I think I still have a good team but we'll see.

ExtremeChief
08-27-2007, 09:31 AM
I picked up Brees and McNabb figuring on trading McNabb for WR help. He was the highest rated player on the board at the time.

patteeu
08-27-2007, 10:11 AM
I hope your LJ pick works out well for you, but I doubt I'd have taken him at #2. From there, to be honest, it looks like your draft went downhill. You and I would not be able to work well together if we "co-owned" a fantasy team. We have seriously different draft approaches and, from the looks of it, our draft boards are significantly different as well.

D+ (I like getting Barber and Curtis late in the draft, and while you overpaid, IMO, for LJ, I like being able to root for the hometeam's stud).

Nzoner
08-27-2007, 11:17 AM
I picked up Brees and McNabb figuring on trading McNabb for WR help. He was the highest rated player on the board at the time.

If that was the best on the board then it should be a great move.

BTW did you get my message?

Mile High Mania
08-27-2007, 11:43 AM
If you took the QBs early and back2back... value or not, I'm just not a fan of it. You're killing your ability to get better at RB and WR.

Overall - not bad at RB. Is this PPR? I understand the thought behind McNabb... but I'd be interested in knowing the next 3 WRs that were drafted after McNabb.

Brees has a bye in week 4 and McNabb in week 5, so you could hold on to both until after week 5, but I'm sure there is a viable candidate to be had if you trade McNabb.

TE is a WR in this league, I'm guessing correct?

You really need to beef up your WRs... you have Branch who can be good, a couple of #2 WRs, a TE and Kennison. Kennison isn't being drafted in too many leagues this season... I've done 4 competitive league drafts so far and he's still on the waiver wire.

I think you need to send McNabb packing for a legit #1 guy and do it before he gets hurt. McNabb hasn't finished a season healthy since being on the Madden cover. You do have power at RB, esp if it is PPR.

There's honestly no reason to have Kennison - he's way too inconsistent for fantasy football. I'm not saying that b/c I'm a Denver fan, just being honest. If healthy ... Stallworth can be a decent #2 and I'm interested to see the way NE uses him. I do like Curtis in Philly - he is getting all sorts of looks from McNabb and could be in for a huge season.

I don't like having McNabb, LJ Smith and Kevin Curtis though... too many from one team.

What are the next best 10 WRs on the wire?

Brees
McNabb

LJ
Portis
Benson
Barber III
Fred Taylor

Branch
Stallworth
LJ Smith
K. Curtis
E. Kennison

Jax D
O. Mare

patteeu
08-27-2007, 12:25 PM
I hope your LJ pick works out well for you, but I doubt I'd have taken him at #2.

Yikes, I apparently cursed myself. My league commissioner just sent out our draft order and I drew 2nd. I didn't want to have to make this decision. :(

Hailchief
08-27-2007, 12:40 PM
WR weak at best...You should have drafted a first wr instead of a backup qb....Trade Bree's if Mcnabb starts out good and get you a couple good wr's....