PDA

View Full Version : Is Boomer on the Bubble?

Groves
08-26-2007, 09:45 PM
Haven't seen a lot about the "folk hero" lately. Yes, I realize he's been injured.

Anyone know the latest? Is he enough of a ST player to keep a roster spot if FBing doesn't pan out?

Lonewolf Ed
08-26-2007, 09:49 PM
Well, he didn't do bad last Thursday. He caught a pass for only 3 yards, but it was a fairly tough catch to make, and he made it. He also cleared the way for the lone touchdown of the game. I wouldn't be surprised to see him make the final cuts and be on the roster for the regular season. Special teams will be his bread and butter, though.

morphius
08-26-2007, 09:50 PM
Herm said in an interview that he needs to show what he can do at FB in this next game, and they have some plays for him to see if he can be a FB.

So if he doesn't do well this weekend, he could be in trouble.

DMAC
08-26-2007, 09:52 PM
I want to see more of Kris Wilson...since he will be starting.

Frazod
08-26-2007, 09:55 PM
I want to see more of Kris Wilson...since he will be starting.

Where the hell has he been? Haven't heard his name mentioned in days.

DMAC
08-26-2007, 09:56 PM
Where the hell has he been? Haven't heard his name mentioned in days.I can't even recall him being in a preseason game.

EDIT: We are stupid...secret weapon.

the Talking Can
08-26-2007, 10:00 PM
being injured in preseason is bad news for bubble players...but I suspect he'll make it based on special teams

wouldn't shock me though...

ChiefsCountry
08-26-2007, 10:01 PM
Speaking of Wilson did you see his carry the other night.

Toad
08-26-2007, 10:03 PM
I saw it. That was a nice carry. He had some very good sustained blocks as well in the running game.

Mr. Laz
08-26-2007, 10:05 PM
dunno .... he made a good catch, great catch for our team.

made a good block down on the goal line too.

another couple of plays in the final preseason game and he'll probably make it.

i still think Priest starts the season on the pup list.

MVChiefFan
08-26-2007, 10:42 PM
I bet boomer makes it if Wilson is kept as a "TE". If they move him strictly to the h-back and keep TG, Dunn and Allan then, I don't know. Sure would hate to see him go.

TEX
08-26-2007, 10:54 PM
dunno .... he made a good catch, great catch for our team.

made a good block down on the goal line too.

another couple of plays in the final preseason game and he'll probably make it.

i still think Priest starts the season on the pup list.

Yep. And that catch was great for any player! I hope he makes it. If Priest starts the season on the PUP it might buy Boomer at least 6 more weeks to prove his worth.

morphius
08-26-2007, 10:58 PM
I bet boomer makes it if Wilson is kept as a "TE". If they move him strictly to the h-back and keep TG, Dunn and Allan then, I don't know. Sure would hate to see him go.
I can't see us going back to the DV days of 1 FB, I think 2 will make it and 3 TE's.

Skip Towne
08-26-2007, 11:05 PM
I like Boomer. I want him to make the team. But if we cut him I suspect nobody will pick him up. But I didn't think anybody would pick Hicks up so what do I know?

dj56dt58
08-26-2007, 11:06 PM
I think we should have kept Boomer on st and moved Dunn to FB, He's a good blocker already and we already have two TEs with Gonzo and Wilson

ChiefsCountry
08-26-2007, 11:11 PM
I think we should have kept Boomer on st and moved Dunn to FB, He's a good blocker already and we already have two TEs with Gonzo and Wilson

Dude Dunn is like an extra OT. He aint no fullback, Wilson is more of a fullback mode.

StcChief
08-26-2007, 11:48 PM
Boomer makes team as FB.

The secret weapon aka Bigfoot Wilson has a role as well.