PDA

View Full Version : Owen Wilson attempts suicide; Nick Hogan in car accident

HolmeZz
08-26-2007, 10:46 PM
If anyone cares:

www.tmz.com

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/owen_wilson_hospitalized/celebrity/64164

http://www.realitytvmagazine.com/blog/2007/08/hulk-hogans-son.html

The Hogan think looks pretty bad. Car is wrecked.

ChiefaRoo
08-26-2007, 10:52 PM
If anyone cares:

www.tmz.com

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/owen_wilson_hospitalized/celebrity/64164

http://www.realitytvmagazine.com/blog/2007/08/hulk-hogans-son.html

The Hogan think looks pretty bad. Car is wrecked.

I know a Doctor who is a friend of our families who treats a lot of celebs for depression and other mental issues. He never speaks of individuals but he told me once that for some reason Actors have a very high degree of mental illness. He didn't go into specifics but I've always thought that was an interesting comment.

I hope both of these guys are ok.

CoMoChief
08-26-2007, 10:54 PM
Wasn't Hogan's son supposed to be a racecar driver or something. Thought I saw that on the show one time on Hogan Knows Best.

ChiefaRoo
08-26-2007, 10:58 PM
Wasn't Hogan's son supposed to be a racecar driver or something. Thought I saw that on the show one time on Hogan Knows Best.

He's pretty young, about 18. His old man owns a lot of cars but I don't think he's a professional driver.

Frazod
08-26-2007, 10:59 PM
I guess Wilson finally watched Armageddon.

ChiefaRoo
08-26-2007, 11:00 PM
I shouldn't be laughing, but I am. :)

BigRock
08-26-2007, 11:17 PM
Right as they're about to pronouce him dead, Nick will rise up with wide eyes and start puffing his cheeks in and out. Then he'll wave his finger at the doctor.

unothadeal
08-26-2007, 11:18 PM
Right as they're about to pronouce him dead, Nick will rise up with wide eyes and start puffing his cheeks in and out. Then he'll wave his finger at the doctor.
LMAO

mikey23545
08-26-2007, 11:23 PM
Who and who?

jidar
08-26-2007, 11:53 PM
all around me are familiar faces..

jidar
08-26-2007, 11:57 PM
What the ****? I just found out that Owen Wilson tried to kill himself. What the ****? Listen if a dude that cool can't stand life then what chance do the rest of us have? ****ing no chance. So let's just go ahead and suicide pact this whole mother****er. Paranoia, you're in charge of the kool aide faggot, don't **** it up fatty.
Everyone else, bullet to the brain pan, do it now.

ZootedGranny
08-27-2007, 12:08 AM

I literally laughed out loud.

Tribal Warfare
08-27-2007, 12:09 AM

Or You me and Dupree

Joe Seahawk
08-27-2007, 12:24 AM
I didn't even know until now that these dudes were brothers.. :hmmm:

http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2006/gallery/whowouldyoudate/owen_wilson.jpg

Thai Cheif
08-27-2007, 01:59 AM
He's pretty young, about 18. His old man owns a lot of cars but I don't think he's a professional driver.
No actually he's only 17 I believe. Just another case of parents failing to rein in there reckless kid. well I just we can't really call him "wreckless" anymore can we? :rolleyes:

Fruit Ninja
08-27-2007, 03:41 AM
He just seemed like every other damn teenager. I dont know any thing dont like to put the pedal to the floor every once in a while. I know i did it when i was young. Me and my Bro in law on our runs from Los Angeles used to basically race back in 2 seperate cars. Doing about 120 down 99 haha.

Jenson71
08-27-2007, 05:30 AM
Owen Wilson is cool, and a great writer when teamed up with Wes Anderson.

kczoo
08-27-2007, 05:59 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/08/26/hogan.crash/index.html#cnnSTCVideo

Ultra Peanut
08-27-2007, 06:18 AM
Why didn't he do something awesome like gouging out one of his eyes first?

kepp
08-27-2007, 06:49 AM
ROFL - still laughing...

morphius
08-27-2007, 07:44 AM
I know a Doctor who is a friend of our families who treats a lot of celebs for depression and other mental issues. He never speaks of individuals but he told me once that for some reason Actors have a very high degree of mental illness. He didn't go into specifics but I've always thought that was an interesting comment.

Which is why we should obviously listen to them about political advice.

The Owen thing is kind of surprising, how can anyone with that f'd up of a nose be depressed about actually making it movies? Was he upset that Jackie Chan did a 3rd Rush Hour movie instead of a 3rd Shanghai Knights?

kepp
08-27-2007, 08:02 AM

Always pretending to be someone else... Half of the U.S. looking at you as some sort of idol... Trying to maintain an image... Empty relationships aimed more at P.R. than anything... Paparazzi hounding you 24/7... Its pretty easy for me to see why they'd have mental problems.

Baby Lee
08-27-2007, 08:10 AM

Guess you never saw Bottle Rocket?

Demonpenz
08-27-2007, 08:13 AM
owen wilson pretty much every playmate there is. I guess maybe he was depressed he can't do coke with everyone else because of his nose

Crashride
08-27-2007, 09:07 AM
hogan was just being stupid and speeding and let a tree jump out in front of him

Deberg_1990
08-27-2007, 09:08 AM
Too bad, hes a pretty funny guy.

Although, he pretty much plays the same character in every movie.

Pushead2
08-27-2007, 09:11 AM
owen wilson pretty much every playmate there is. I guess maybe he was depressed he can't do coke with everyone else because of his nose

ROFL

Jilly
08-27-2007, 10:38 AM
that makes me sad..... I wonder what was so wrong with his life?

Wile_E_Coyote
08-27-2007, 10:42 AM
I find Owen Wilson terribly annoying & can't stand his movies

runnercyclist
08-27-2007, 11:14 AM
I think this is a ploy by OW to have the ladies feel sorry for him so he can get more puss.

Iowanian
08-27-2007, 11:16 AM
OwNed Wilson only tried to committ suicide because Chaz showed him how successful he could be nailing wailing chics at funerals.

unothadeal
08-27-2007, 11:19 AM
OwNed Wilson only tried to committ suicide because Chaz showed him how successful he could be nailing wailing chics at funerals.
I don't think it would work at your own funeral

Iowanian
08-27-2007, 11:20 AM
He knew he didn't take enough Flintstones to actually die....

OnTheWarpath58
08-27-2007, 11:25 AM
Erroneous!

Erroneous!

Erroneous on both accounts!

The Rick
08-27-2007, 11:39 AM
Grief is nature's most powerful aphrodisiac.

Rausch
08-27-2007, 01:24 PM
all around me are familiar faces..

I can see him jabbing a knife at the mirror with his brother in the background saying "Owen, did you take your pills Owen?"

memyselfI
08-27-2007, 06:47 PM
Owen Wilson is one of my favorite actors. This news makes me very sad. I hope he gets the help he needs. The guy has everything going for him and still can't cope with life. Scary.

Saulbadguy
08-27-2007, 06:49 PM
I wish he succeeded, every single movie he's ever been in sucked.

No comment on "Nick Hogan", I have no idea who he is.

ChiefaRoo
08-27-2007, 06:50 PM
Owen Wilson is one of my favorite actors. This news makes me very sad. I hope he gets the help he needs. The guy has everything going for him and still can't cope with life. Scary.

Well obviously he doesn't think he has everything going for him. It just goes to show that happiness/unhappiness lives inside a person and material wealth and popularity doesn't make any difference.

L.A. Chieffan
08-27-2007, 06:52 PM

Bottle Rocket sucked? Rushmore sucked? Meet the Parents sucked? Royal Tenebaums sucked? You, me and Dupree suck....wait, nevermind. That one REALLY did suck

memyselfI
Well obviously he doesn't think he has everything going for him. It just goes to show that happiness/unhappiness lives inside a person and material wealth and popularity doesn't make any difference.

I actually think it goes to show that men often times take breakups with women much harder than women do...

contrary to popular belief.

KCChiefsMan

I thought Zoolander was hilarious

Saulbadguy
08-27-2007, 06:53 PM
You're a retard, and your opinion on anything never matters.

memyselfI
Bottle Rocket sucked? Rushmore sucked? Meet the Parents sucked? Royal Tenebaums sucked? You, me and Dupree suck....wait nevermind. That one REALLY did suck

You, me, and Dupree was so depressing...

I could have slit my wrists. Three wonderful and good looking actors and they come up with crap. Pathetic.

ChiefaRoo

Zoolander was very funny.

unothadeal
08-27-2007, 06:54 PM

Is your wife/girlfriend a big Owen Wilson fan?

Dunit35
Owen Wilson is hilarious. Loved him in Wedding Crashers and You, Me and Dupree.

memyselfI

I love Zoolander. Just about everyone I know from age 15-45 loves Zoolander.

Fruit Ninja
08-27-2007, 06:55 PM
Wedding Crashers owned. That didnt suck whatsoever. He's made a few bad movies, but he's also made some pretty good ones as well. If someone didnt like Wedding Crashers, god left out their humor gene,.

JBucc
08-27-2007, 06:55 PM
Didn't his brother's character slit his wrists in The Royal Tenenbaums? Then he shaved his head. Or maybe he shaved before slitting his wrists. Either way someone's wrists got slitted.

Saulbadguy
08-27-2007, 06:56 PM
Is your wife/girlfriend a big Owen Wilson fan?
That's a negative. She despises him too. His movies, much like Ben Stillers, are long, drawn out sexual innuendos that resort to cheap humor. I could sit through those movies and not laugh once.

ChiefaRoo
08-27-2007, 06:59 PM
That's a negative. She despises him too. His movies, much like Ben Stillers, are long, drawn out sexual innuendos that resort to cheap humor. I could sit through those movies and not laugh once.

Yes Saul but you are a humorless git.

NewChief
My buddy and I were just talking about how far from indy/cool to popular/sucky the Wilson brothers have moved through their careers. They started out so awesome with all the indy films, and they've slowly become the same old generic crap that passes for comedy these days.

Anyway, there's been a lot of talk about depression and comedians lately. Evidently humor is a way for them to cope with the depression. Their example was Jim Carrey who actually started "acting" funny when he was a little kid to try to cheer up his mom who was clinically depressed.

Dunit35
I seem to only find Ben Stiller funny when he is in a different character.

Saulbadguy
08-27-2007, 07:00 PM
Yes Saul but you are a humorless git.
I just don't like cheap laugh movies that "everyone loves". Generally when people tell me to go see a movie because it's so hilarious, (Old School, 40 year old virgin, Meet the Parents..etc..), it's beyond ****ing retarded and is meant for high schoolers.

ChiefaRoo
08-27-2007, 07:01 PM
I actually think it goes to show that men often times take breakups with women much harder than women do...

contrary to popular belief.

I disagree. Lots of people go through very difficult breakups and divorces and they don't try to kill themselves. His problems run deeper than a bad breakup. I hope the guy figures it out. I like his acting.

L.A. Chieffan
Damn. Old School is one of the funniest movies ever. Do you hate Caddyshack too?

Saulbadguy
My buddy and I were just talking about how far from indy/cool to popular/sucky the Wilson brothers have moved through their careers. They started out so awesome with all the indy films, and they've slowly become the same old generic crap that passes for comedy these days.

That's what i'm talking about, it's all the same movie. Seen one, seen them all.

However I don't think i've seen any of their early work.

NewChief
08-27-2007, 07:04 PM
That's what i'm talking about, it's all the same movie. Seen one, seen them all.

However I don't think i've seen any of their early work.

Well, he wrote Bottle Rocket, Rushmore, and the Royal Tennenbaums which are all pretty out there, quirky comedies without much mass, popular appeal. Then he went the way of Shanhai Noon for some reason.

L.A. Chieffan
08-27-2007, 07:05 PM

They have started to suck pretty bad. I agree with dunit about Ben Stiller. Other than Meet the Parents and maybe Cable Guy (thanks to Carey) all of his movies are pretty bad. He plays the EXACT same character every time. When he does stuff like Zoolander or Dodgeball it's way better

memyselfI
08-27-2007, 07:07 PM
I disagree. Lots of people go through very difficult breakups and divorces and they don't try to kill themselves. His problems run deeper than a bad breakup. I hope the guy figures it out. I like his acting.

I agree that his problems probably run deeper than his breakup with Kate Hudson. Most likely, that was the straw that broke the camel's back.

But my point is actually one that has been studied and reported. Here is one article that illustrates my point:

http://www.thestar.com/article/216363

Divorce hits men harder: StatsCan

May 22, 2007 03:22 PM
Lorrayne Anthony
Canadian press

The stereotype might be that a man relishes trading his wife for a fast car or a younger woman, but a new study finds that men appear to take separation harder than women.

While both men and women whose marriages have dissolved have a higher risk of being depressed than people who remained with their spouses, a Statistics Canada study found that men who had divorced or separated were six times more likely to report an episode of depression compared with men who remained married.

Women who had undergone marital breakups were 3.5 times more likely to have had bouts of depression than their counterparts who were still in relationships.

The survey found that 12 per cent of people who were no longer in a relationship reported a new episode of depression, while just three per cent of those who remained in a relationship had suffered new depression.

Michelle Rotermann, the author of the study, said she was surprised, and also not surprised, by the results.

"On the one hand we know depression in general tends to be more common among women, but there is also a lot of evidence that shows that men have fewer social supports and social support does seem to play a role," she said.

"Perhaps one of the reasons why men are more at risk of experiencing subsequent depression is because one of their main sources of social support is their partner, their spouse, and now she is no longer there," said Rotermann, an analyst at Statistics Canada.

Nineteen per cent of men who were no longer with their spouse found a decline in social support, while only six per cent of men who remained in a relationship found a drop. Among women the proportions were 11 per cent for those no longer in a relationship and five for those who were.

Jenni Tipper, a research associate with the Vanier Institute of the Family in Ottawa, said "typically women are much better at building and maintaining social supports, which isn't often the case for men."

After a breakup, women tended to live in households with an income ranking far below that of their male counterparts. In fact, nearly 30 per cent of recently divorced or separated men actually experienced an improvement in the ranking of their adjusted household income, the study reported.

The study found that 34 per cent of men and three per cent of women were residing with at least one less child after the breakdown of their relationship.

Tipper said the study is a good reminder that the breakdown of a marriage is an extremely challenging transition for everybody involved.

"We sometimes tend to think that it's the woman who bears the brunt of a divorce outcome. And there is no question that women experience higher levels of economic strife," Tipper said. "What we tend to forget in many instances, for the men in particular, they see children all but removed from their lives, which is a huge impact on your life."

The study said the relationship between marital breakup and depression was independent of other factors associated with breakups changes in household income, social support or the number of children in the household.

More than three-quarters of those who suffered depression in the post-relationship period were no longer depressed four years after the breakup, the findings show.

"It sort of suggests that, for the majority, the effects of your relationship breaking up ... people seem to get back on their feet but there is this significant minority for whom trouble seems to persist," said Rotermann.

The study was based on longitudinal data from the National Population Health Survey, which was taken at two-year intervals between 1994 and 2005. The 7,614 respondents were between the ages of 20 and 64, and free of depression and in a relationship the first time they were interviewed.

Thig Lyfe
08-27-2007, 07:14 PM
I thought the money he made from Wedding Crashers gave him 10 million reasons to live?

I just don't like cheap laugh movies that "everyone loves". Generally when people tell me to go see a movie because it's so hilarious, (Old School, 40 year old virgin, Meet the Parents..etc..), it's beyond ****ing retarded and is meant for high schoolers.

Did you even see The 40-Year-Old Virgin?

memyselfI
08-27-2007, 07:16 PM

I didn't like 40 YOV but I loved Meet the Parents, Wedding Crashers, Starsky and Hutch, Zoolander. I even loved Borat and Ali G's movie.

I'm 43 years old and don't think these movies were meant for high schoolers. Most the people I know really enjoyed these movies including my parents who loved the MTP movies. They are in their 60s and 70s.

I think maybe you have a dysfunctional sense of humor. :p

Thig Lyfe
08-27-2007, 07:18 PM
I didn't like 40 YOV but I loved Meet the Parents, Wedding Crashers, Starsky and Hutch, Zoolander. I even loved Borat.

Borat is better than the former four movies combined. 40 YOV was a bit of Carell/Apatow genius. Zoolander was hilarious in a highly moronic way. Meet the Parents was great but gets bashed in retrospect because of how annoyingly ubiquitous Stiller got as a result. S&H and Wedding Crashers I can take or leave.

Brock
08-27-2007, 07:19 PM
Hopefully Ben Stiller will be more successful.

ChiefaRoo
08-27-2007, 07:22 PM
I thought Ben Stiller was good in There's something about Mary.

memyselfI
08-27-2007, 07:23 PM

Anyway, there's been a lot of talk about depression and comedians lately. Evidently humor is a way for them to cope with the depression. Their example was Jim Carrey who actually started "acting" funny when he was a little kid to try to cheer up his mom who was clinically depressed.

One of my favorite Luke Wilson appearances was in Legally Blonde.

As far as the tearful clown syndrome that you mentioned, I think Owen Wilson will join a long line of funny men and popular actors who couldn't cope with life. John Candy, John Belushi, Chris Farley, etc. They either drank, smoked, ate, or drugged their sadness away.

KCChiefsMan
You're a retard, and your opinion on anything never matters.

you sound like an idiot. Speechless, I'm a retard for liking a movie that you don't like? Wow, there are a ton of idiots out there

Jenson71
The early indie films he was in were the ones with Wes Anderson (Bottle Rocket, Royal Tenenbaums, Life Aquatic). He co-wrote Rushmore, but I don't remember him even having a cameo in it. He's in The Darjeeling Limited, which is the newest Wes Anderson, and comes out November.

Saulbadguy, have you seen any of the above movies?

Frazod
I didn't realize Wilson wrote Royal Tenenbaums. God, I hated that movie. Like white hot Bronco hate. I could only take about half an hour. Made me want to go find the nearest whiny pampered trust fund baby and stab him in the eye with a corkscrew. :#

ChiefaRoo
08-27-2007, 07:24 PM
I didn't realize Wilson wrote Royal Tenenbaums. God, I hated that movie. Like white hot Bronco hate. I could only take about half an hour. Made me want to go find the nearest whiny pampered trust fund baby and stab him in the eye with a corkscrew. :#

Frazod. I'm starting to worry about you. Breathe in, breathe out. There ya' go.

Jenson71
08-27-2007, 07:24 PM

Co-wrote.

Frazod
08-27-2007, 07:26 PM
Frazod. I'm starting to worry about you. Breathe in, breathe out. There ya' go.

Uh, I don't STILL feel that way. :)

ChiefaRoo
08-27-2007, 07:27 PM
Uh, I don't STILL feel that way. :)

Have a drink and have the old lady take care of you. I don't want you to burst an artery. :)

Frazod
08-27-2007, 07:28 PM
Have a drink and have the old lady take care of you. I don't want you to burst an artery. :)

Sure, why not?

Thig Lyfe
08-27-2007, 07:30 PM
Saul, I'm wondering... what are some comedies you enjoyed?

eazyb81
08-27-2007, 07:32 PM
Wow, I'd be pretty pissed off if Owen Wilson killed himself.

I didn't bother to read through the thread. I'm sure many on here don't think he's funny, but I find him hilarious.

KCChiefsMan
08-27-2007, 07:34 PM

people that seem to hate their lives and have to insult others to make themselves feel better don't typically have much of a sense of humor.

Frazod
08-27-2007, 07:34 PM
I have nothing against him. Generally comes across as a likeable surfer doofus type. Hope he gets his shit together.

I justed hated Royal Tenenbaums.

Saulbadguy
08-27-2007, 07:36 PM
Recently, Little Miss Sunshine. That seems to be a popular one, and I enjoyed it.

KCChiefsMan
08-27-2007, 07:36 PM
I have nothing against him. Generally comes across as a likeable surfer doofus type. Hope he gets his shit together.

I justed hated Royal Tenenbaums.

ya I didn't care for that movie. Loved Zoolander, Wedding Crashers and I even kinda liked Behind Enemy Lines

Frazod
08-27-2007, 07:37 PM
ya I didn't care for that movie. Loved Zoolander, Wedding Crashers and I even kinda liked Behind Enemy Lines
Haven't seen any of them. I did like Starsky & Hutch, though.

Saulbadguy
08-27-2007, 07:38 PM
you sound like an idiot. Speechless, I'm a retard for liking a movie that you don't like? Wow, there are a ton of idiots out there
No, you are a retard from all of the other things you have posted throughout the years. The movie thing really means nothing to me, peoples taste in movies vary quite a bit.

KCChiefsMan
08-27-2007, 07:40 PM
No, you are a retard from all of the other things you have posted throughout the years. The movie thing really means nothing to me, peoples taste in movies vary quite a bit.

well, if that's what you need to think. I'll give you that I posted some retarded things, I won't deny that. But I'm certainly not stupid. In college I was a bit party/crazy but have outgrown that now.

eazyb81
08-27-2007, 07:41 PM

I got you beat, because I liked Royal Tenenbaums and may be the only person on Chiefs Planet that enjoyed You, Me, and Dupree (plus I own it).

KCChiefsMan
08-27-2007, 07:52 PM
I got you beat, because I liked Royal Tenenbaums and may be the only person on Chiefs Planet that enjoyed You, Me, and Dupree (plus I own it).

I watched it only because this chick made me see it. I got a kick out of it, but I didn't care for it. If they would have just kept the story straight and not have it twist to the guy being mad at him it might have been good.

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-27-2007, 07:55 PM
I liked Old School and Wedding Crashers, but not nearly as much as 40 YOV or Knocked Up...even Superbad. I guess I find Apatow's style and Rogen/Carrell/etc. writing and improv to be funnier and more resonant for me.

It's also probably due to the fact that Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn can only play themselves.

Thig Lyfe
08-27-2007, 08:19 PM
Recently, Little Miss Sunshine. That seems to be a popular one, and I enjoyed it.

That's an excellent movie.

memyselfI
08-28-2007, 02:47 PM
Apparently the suicide story is true. So sad. I guess I'm shocked but I know I shouldn't be knowing what I know about depression... Which apparently Owen Wilson suffers a history of. :deevee:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,294895,00.html

Demonpenz
08-28-2007, 02:51 PM
I don't think anything is going to stand the test of time better than the old school quotes.

You can still hear "YOU'RE MY BOY BLUE!"
or "We're going streaking!" at most any gatherings with beer involved.

It may not be the best but that movie will ingrained in our culture forever

greg63
08-28-2007, 03:52 PM

You can see the family resemblance especially in the snout area.

Redrum_69
08-28-2007, 03:56 PM
Apparently the suicide story is true. So sad. I guess I'm shocked but I know I shouldn't be knowing what I know about depression... Which apparently Owen Wilson suffers a history of. :deevee:

After watching You, Me, and Dupree...who blames him...

BIG_DADDY
08-28-2007, 04:08 PM

Yea if I was you I would be depressed too.