PDA

View Full Version : Umphrey's McGee

Wa-Z
08-26-2007, 11:53 PM
Anyone listened to them yet? I went to Chicago to watch them...best concert I've ever been to.

schneider221
08-27-2007, 06:26 PM
i saw them in lawrence last year. i had never heard them before but a friend took me and it was a pretty good show.

noa
08-27-2007, 09:26 PM
I saw them about five years ago at the House of Blues in Chicago. It was a pretty good show. I really love their song Der Bluten Kat.

phisherman
08-27-2007, 09:31 PM
great up and coming band...

i've seen them probably 50 times in the last 5 years..they can really span different genres of music like no other band i've seen..

for noa, the first time they played the granada in lawrnece, they opened w/ a 25 minute der bluten kat

it was totally ripping...if you get a chance, go to umphreys.com and check out their podcasts, they compile some of their best jams and song versions into tight little 75-80 minute chunks...

also, i think they're playing liberty hall in october, i will be there w/ bells on, they always play great shows in lawrence...if anyone wants to go, i may be able to get some guest list spots...

if any band can be prog/trance/country/acid/metal, umphrey's is the one

NewChief
08-28-2007, 06:29 AM
One of my old touring buddies is their stage manager. Actually, he should be coming down this way in the next few weeks because one of our buddies is getting married.