PDA

View Full Version : Too be honest, we shoulda stuck with Huard last year

RedThat
08-27-2007, 10:19 AM
Ok this is a shoulda thread. I know it's pointless, but, imo, Im not upset that we decided to go with Huard this year because he is the best man for the job at this point. And quite frankly, the Chiefs really didn't have any other choice.

but I really think he was the guy we shoulda stuck with last year too. Had we kept him in, I think we possibly coulda won 2 more games.

Not saying Trent was bad, but Huard had the hot hand last year. A mistake the coaching staff made was taking out the guy who was playing well.

Had he played a whole season, would really really know what we have now. And think about it, he'd probably be a lot further ahead this year.

Redrum_69
08-27-2007, 10:26 AM
Keep day dreaming

HonestChieffan
08-27-2007, 10:26 AM
poop?

RedThat
08-27-2007, 10:28 AM
poop?

and scoop?

dj56dt58
08-27-2007, 10:44 AM
I like how Herm said they would switch to Huard in the playoff game if Green struggled, yet it never happened. Wouldn't have mattered anyways since the receivers couldn't catch shit. Maybe they should have put some young receivers out there who were hungry for the chance...

mikeyis4dcats.
08-27-2007, 11:07 AM
you think?

StcChief
08-27-2007, 11:09 AM
hind sight remains 20/20 or better....

It wouldn't have matter much, Huard just get us to Brodie ready time.

Mr. Laz
08-27-2007, 11:10 AM
honestly we should of played Croyle last year ... then we might of known whether or not to jump up 2 spots and grab Quinn.

kaplin42
08-27-2007, 11:37 AM
Im not sure why everyone was so high on Croyle? It's been blatantly obvious the kid is pretty raw, and it's been that way since last year. Huard is definately not the answer either. I have a feeling that DH will get injured pretty quickly, and then we will have Croyle, which will be the Chiefs own version of Jake Plummer. Pick after pick after pick 6. What ever the reason, at least the coahes and the fans are starting to come around. Maybe next season the Chiefs will come around and work on offensive line and perhaps a QB.

RedThat
08-27-2007, 12:11 PM
Im not sure why everyone was so high on Croyle? It's been blatantly obvious the kid is pretty raw, and it's been that way since last year.

Exactly.

htismaqe
08-27-2007, 12:12 PM
Im not sure why everyone was so high on Croyle? It's been blatantly obvious the kid is pretty raw, and it's been that way since last year. Huard is definately not the answer either. I have a feeling that DH will get injured pretty quickly, and then we will have Croyle, which will be the Chiefs own version of Jake Plummer. Pick after pick after pick 6. What ever the reason, at least the coahes and the fans are starting to come around. Maybe next season the Chiefs will come around and work on offensive line and perhaps a QB.

How does one go about becoming "not raw"? :hmmm:

RustShack
08-27-2007, 12:18 PM
Since they say the are going with Huard as the starter, I think they should let Croyle play the whole preseason game.

HypnotizedMonkey
08-27-2007, 12:19 PM

ask your mom? :X

Croyle is the new Grossman.

htismaqe
08-27-2007, 12:27 PM
ask your mom? :X

Croyle is the new Grossman.

Grossman played in the Super Bowl last year. :hmmm:

morphius
08-27-2007, 12:30 PM
After that Miami game, I had no problem seeing him on the bench.

kaplin42
08-27-2007, 12:49 PM

Well, practice and exp. of course. However, depending on the player (can anyone say Junior Siavvi?) one may never get passed being "raw". This is my prediction for Croyle. I don't believe that he actually has the tools to become a good QB, yeah he has an arm, but the arm is secondary at that position, you need to be a quick thinker and have the ability to make good judgement calls, which have been shown over and over and over again that he just wont break that bad habbit of trying to force the pass.

If I am wrong, I will happily eat my crow, but I have been saying from the very beggining that Huard is a career backup for a reason and that Croyle is not the answer to the QBotF question.

htismaqe
08-27-2007, 12:51 PM
Well, practice and exp. of course. However, depending on the player (can anyone say Junior Siavvi?) one may never get passed being "raw". This is my prediction for Croyle. I don't believe that he actually has the tools to become a good QB, yeah he has an arm, but the arm is secondary at that position, you need to be a quick thinker and have the ability to make good judgement calls, which have been shown over and over and over again that he just wont break that bad habbit of trying to force the pass.

If I am wrong, I will happily eat my crow, but I have been saying from the very beggining that Huard is a career backup for a reason and that Croyle is not the answer to the QBotF question.

You could very well be right about Croyle. If you are, wouldn't it make sense to know NOW vs. later?

Furthermore, if we already KNOW Huard is a career backup for a reason, what is the harm in playing Croyle? At the very worst, he tanks and we PROVE DEFINITIVELY that you're correct in your assessment. At best, he proves you wrong.

Crashride
08-27-2007, 12:51 PM
welcome to every thread last year

bobbything
08-27-2007, 12:56 PM
I will say that if the coaches thought Croyle was the next Peyton Manning, then he'd be starting; regardless of how he's looked in the preseason.

My guess is they don't see a whole lot right now (in two years of practice and some preseason games). Either that, or we don't have good offensive analysis on our coaching staff.

kaplin42
08-27-2007, 01:12 PM
You could very well be right about Croyle. If you are, wouldn't it make sense to know NOW vs. later?

Furthermore, if we already KNOW Huard is a career backup for a reason, what is the harm in playing Croyle? At the very worst, he tanks and we PROVE DEFINITIVELY that you're correct in your assessment. At best, he proves you wrong.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that its a good thing that Huard is starting, I have been against making him the starter since day one. And I agree, Herm should give the nod to Croyle, pretty much trial by fire you know. But its just a guess that he pans out like Joey Harrington.

Rausch
08-27-2007, 01:13 PM

And Huard is a much better QB from what I've seen...

beach tribe
08-27-2007, 01:17 PM
Huard is surely no more than a backup.

What loser couldn't beat Tom Brady or Dan Marino out of a job.

htismaqe
08-27-2007, 01:23 PM

If only Damon could have played in a league with more than 2 teams...

htismaqe
08-27-2007, 01:24 PM
And Huard is a much better QB from what I've seen...

If you're talking about Huard making fewer mistakes, then sure. But the Bears wouldn't have gotten to the Super Bowl without the long ball. Huard doesn't have that.

kaplin42
08-27-2007, 01:32 PM

:homer:

Yeah, but as mentioned before, there was Joey Harrington in Detroit, and I'm also pretty sure Cleveland has needed a QB since, well forever. If he was so good, why didn't one of the teams seek a trade for him, or pursue him at all.

The Huard supporters seem to forget 2k4 and 2k5, where the guy actually struggled to make the team as a 3rd string QB behind Green and Collins.

But keep fooling yourself about him starting behind some HoF'ers. And when he blows chunks this season, I'm sure you will blame it on the
O-line.

RustShack
08-27-2007, 01:39 PM
Huard was a one hit wonder, he wont be as good this year.

beach tribe
08-27-2007, 01:43 PM
:homer:

Yeah, but as mentioned before, there was Joey Harrington in Detroit, and I'm also pretty sure Cleveland has needed a QB since, well forever. If he was so good, why didn't one of the teams seek a trade for him, or pursue him at all.

The Huard supporters seem to forget 2k4 and 2k5, where the guy actually struggled to make the team as a 3rd string QB behind Green and Collins.

But keep fooling yourself about him starting behind some HoF'ers. And when he blows chunks this season, I'm sure you will blame it on the
O-line.
Don't get me wrong.

I think Huard is average, at best.

Do you think if croyle is playing in a meaningful game, that herm is actually going to let him throw it?

beach tribe
08-27-2007, 01:47 PM
Let's face it, Herm edwards is your fuking coach.

If we win anything, it will be be Buccaneer style.

HypnotizedMonkey
08-27-2007, 02:14 PM

The Bears D went to the Super Bowl ... Grossman was carrying their fur coat.

Mr. Laz
08-27-2007, 03:17 PM
Let's face it, Herm edwards is your fuking coach.

If we win anything, it will be be Buccaneer style.
i haven't seen much to indicate that our defense is going to be anything special.

Cjanz
08-27-2007, 03:42 PM
I think you're a little late on this topic, my friend.

htismaqe
08-27-2007, 03:51 PM
The Bears D went to the Super Bowl ... Grossman was carrying their fur coat.

3 games with a QBR over 130, best in the league. 8 games with a QBR over 100.

You can say what you want, but the ups and downs are part of grooming a young QB. They wouldn't have gotten there with Kyle Orton, he doesn't have it. He's Damon Huard.

digi2fish
08-27-2007, 04:44 PM
With the OL we have, Casey Printers will be our version of Willie Beaman.

Ari Chi3fs
08-27-2007, 04:52 PM
Huard has been a backup, but he has backed up Dan Marino, Tom Brady and Trent Green.