PDA

View Full Version : LJ to play in preseason finale. . .

percysnow
08-27-2007, 12:04 PM
Larry Johnson, RB KC
News: The Kansas City Star reports that Chiefs RB Larry Johnson will play a few snaps in the team's last preseason game at St. Louis. Johnson expressed an interest in playing the whole game and plans on pushing his body this week to be ready for this game as if it meant something. "It will be real fast," coach Herm Edwards said. "Don't blink." Edwards added that Johnson's reps will be monitored in the team's first few regular season games until they feel comfortable with his physical state and stamina.
Analysis: Johnson should end up being OK for the Chiefs and a candidate to total 1,400 yards and 13 touchdowns -- if he stays healthy. That's a big if, since he clearly isn't ready to be leaned on like the Chiefs need him to be (that's what happens when you hold out of training camp). Johnson will run behind a very average offensive line this season and could struggle with opposing teams' run defenses since the Chiefs' passing game will only be so threatening with Damon Huard under center. He's still a first-round pick, but we wouldn't recommend him being yours unless you pick fourth or later in your draft. Beware: The last three NFL running backs who had over 400 carries in a season fell off in their following season, and Johnson is coming off of a 416-carry campaign.

runnercyclist
08-27-2007, 12:06 PM
I took him with the second pick of my FF draft. But I'm a :homer:

ChiefsFan4Life
08-27-2007, 12:10 PM
I'll be at the game cheering him on for the one play he is involved in

Redrum_69
08-27-2007, 12:44 PM
NEVER play your running back in the preseason when you just signed him to a big contract...

Trouble is looming....

ITS THE PRESEASON! Keep him on the sidelines!

He's going to get hurt

MGRS13
08-27-2007, 12:49 PM
Who cares? I bet the starting offense still won't score.

RustShack
08-27-2007, 01:02 PM
LT will get hurt before LJ ever does. LJ will play through the pain and still score.

Monty
08-27-2007, 01:06 PM
I took him with the second pick of my FF draft. But I'm a :homer:

I got him at #3 and nobody said a thing. :)

But then again, they already knew I was a :homer: and was going to pick him.

HonestChieffan
08-27-2007, 01:08 PM
Could be icing on the cake...

Brodie was the first answer.....not
Much Improved D.....not yet
O line made up of talented pros with experience..darn.

Wait till Larry gets here weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ok go larry....oops...that darn oline thing again...

Dont ever give up, we do have Colquit and hes a stud punter.

Redrum_69
08-27-2007, 01:10 PM
Lin Elliot is going to be at the game this weekend

Crashride
08-27-2007, 01:23 PM
hes gonna run through some brick walls for us now that we showed loyalty

Swanman
08-27-2007, 01:47 PM
hes gonna run through some brick walls for us now that we showed loyalty

He's going to have to with the blocking he's going to get.