PDA

View Full Version : This is horrible but I find myself hoping Huard sucks....

Logical
08-27-2007, 04:36 PM
really bad in the first game like 4 interception and 2 fumble bad. That or he sustains a minor injury that will keep him out at least 3 games.

Hey a guy can have his fantasies. Anything to F*ck over the gutless Carl and Herm duo.

Ari Chi3fs
08-27-2007, 04:37 PM
this is not surprising coming from you.

StcChief
08-27-2007, 04:38 PM
Need to win some.
2-2 by Oct I'm happy.
Hoping Croyle is getting up to speed for 2nd half of season

Demonpenz
08-27-2007, 04:39 PM
I always want my team to do bad. That is what being a fan is/

tk13
08-27-2007, 04:46 PM
I'd actually disagree with that. That means Croyle's first game would be at Chicago... no way. The one game on the schedule that concerned me with Croyle is that Chicago game. I want to see him play, I thought he'd start the season.

But given what we saw in the preseason, I was concerned about Croyle and our offense on the road against that defense. I agree you can't wait for everything to be perfect before throwing him in, but to be honest that's why I haven't flipped about starting Huard... I'd be happy to wait a couple weeks and get past that game. That has the potential to be a Ryan Leaf-esque disaster the way our line has played.

kcchiefsus
08-27-2007, 04:49 PM
Sadly, I agree.

I want nothing more than for us to start out 1-3 and then 2-5 before the bye week.

Every week I have to watch Huard in at QB is going to be that much more painful.

Logical
08-27-2007, 04:56 PM
Sadly Huard is not going to play against the Rams so we have no hope of him being hurt in that game. Maybe his strained calf will keep him out of the Texans game.:grovel:

Micjones
08-27-2007, 05:05 PM
Rooting for the injury of a Chiefs player? Priceless...

DaFace
08-27-2007, 05:07 PM
I have to say that I have trouble following your "logic" anymore. Are you truly a fan of a team when you would rather they lose?

FAX
08-27-2007, 05:09 PM
I'm not sure that hoping for an injury is the best deal, Mr. Logical.

Maybe just some more of those outstanding over-the-head, sky-high throws, a couple of blocked passes, and a fumble or two. I'm pretty sure Downfield can deliver on that.

FAX

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-27-2007, 05:15 PM
Your and idiot moran.

Had to be said.

BigMeatballDave
08-27-2007, 05:39 PM
Hoping? Heh, I have already dreamt it.

Reerun_KC
08-27-2007, 05:44 PM
I dont want him hurt, but sucking shouldnt be a problem for a 11 year backup..

Croyle by week 5....

Rain Man
08-27-2007, 05:45 PM
I find myself hoping that Huard will be MVP of the league.

Skip Towne
08-27-2007, 05:46 PM
Your and idiot moran.

Had to be said.
What about your own self?

Dr. Facebook Fever
:clap:

You sir are a real fan.

Donger
I have to say that I have trouble following your "logic" anymore. Are you truly a fan of a team when you would rather they lose?

Most men, when they look into the abyss, turn away. I think Logical looked, found it really appealing and bought a nice condo in it.

MGRS13
08-27-2007, 05:48 PM
There is a 100% chance of him being awful and with this line at least a 65% chance of him going down(with a season ender) some time during the game. We are going to lose to the Texans that alone will be enough that most of the huard heads around here will give up on him.

|Zach|
08-27-2007, 05:48 PM
Alright well, hope you "enjoy" your football season.

JBucc
08-27-2007, 05:50 PM
I don't want the team to lose, and I don't want Huard to get hurt, so I'll just root for him to get lost on the way to the stadium 16 times.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-27-2007, 05:51 PM
Most men, when they look into the abyss, turn away. I think Logical looked, found it really appealing and bought a nice condo in it.
Ever since I said you weren't funny you've proven me wrong. My apologies.

Donger
08-27-2007, 05:52 PM
Ever since I said you weren't funny you've proven me wrong. My apologies.

That wasn't meant to be funny.

chris
08-27-2007, 05:54 PM
really bad in the first game like 4 interception and 2 fumble bad. That or he sustains a minor injury that will keep him out at least 3 games.

Hey a guy can have his fantasies. Anything to F*ck over the gutless Carl and Herm duo.

This post is amazing.

Wishing for an injury for a player on your own team just to fulfill your inner crybaby.

Are you this way at work? Do you wish injury on your coworkers whenever one of your ideas get shot down??

Amazing.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-27-2007, 05:55 PM
That wasn't meant to be funny.
There you go again. Heh.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-27-2007, 05:57 PM
Are you this way at work? Do you wish injury on your coworkers whenever one of your ideas get shot down??

Amazing.
Actually he replaces their coffee creamer with hydrochloric acid himself. He doesn't waste time wishing.

Rain Man
08-27-2007, 05:58 PM
Damon Huard backed up Marino in Miami, and at the end of Marino's career there was some talk of benching Marino for Huard. Marino pushed Huard to be his replacement when he retired, and Marino knows a little about quarterbacking.

He then backed up Drew Bledsoe in New England, and Bledsoe was a productive #1 pick who was a fixture there. Yeah, Damon got passed on the depth chart at some point by a low-round draft pick, but that draft pick was Tom Brady.

Then he moved to Kansas City, where Trent Green was already entrenched as the pro bowl quarterback of one of the most fearsome offenses in NFL history. Was Damon going to beat him out? Probably not.

Just because a guy hasn't unseated perennial pro bowlers doesn't mean he's a bad quarterback. To misquote htismaqe, "Less than great does not equal bad".

Give the guy a chance to prove himself. In his opportunities last year, he played very well. I think he can do it again this year.

chris
08-27-2007, 06:00 PM
Actually he replaces their coffee creamer with hydrochloric acid himself. He doesn't waste time wishing.

ROFL

I snorted Diet Coke on that one.

I'm sure Logical is a good guy, but sometimes it's better not to say your inner thoughts...:)

patteeu
08-27-2007, 06:01 PM
This is horrible but I find myself hoping Huard sucks....

Rooting against your home team should be old hat to you by now.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-27-2007, 06:01 PM
Damon Huard backed up Marino in Miami, and at the end of Marino's career there was some talk of benching Marino for Huard. Marino pushed Huard to be his replacement when he retired, and Marino knows a little about quarterbacking.

He then backed up Drew Bledsoe in New England, and Bledsoe was a productive #1 pick who was a fixture there. Yeah, Damon got passed on the depth chart at some point by a low-round draft pick, but that draft pick was Tom Brady.

Then he moved to Kansas City, where Trent Green was already entrenched as the pro bowl quarterback of one of the most fearsome offenses in NFL history. Was Damon going to beat him out? Probably not.

Just because a guy hasn't unseated perennial pro bowlers doesn't mean he's a bad quarterback. To misquote htismaqe, "<Great<>Bad".

Give the guy a chance to prove himself. In his opportunities last year, he played very well. I think he can do it again this year.
:clap:

Number 16 in your programs... number 1 in your hearts... Rain Man ladies and gentlemen...

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-27-2007, 06:02 PM
I'm sure Logical is a good guy,
No... he's not.

Donger
08-27-2007, 06:02 PM
ROFL

I'm sure Logical is a good guy, but sometimes it's better not to say your inner thoughts...:)

I feel like masturbating to the video of Miss Teen South Carolina 2007.

patteeu
08-27-2007, 06:03 PM

Judging from your "join date" you have no justification for using "anymore" in that sentence, IMO.

patteeu
08-27-2007, 06:05 PM

Now there's some logic we can get behind, DaFace. And it wouldn't even seem like kissing up anymore.

sportsman1
08-27-2007, 06:05 PM

Just because a guy hasn't unseated perennial pro bowlers doesn't mean he's a bad quarterback. To misquote htismaqe, "<Great<>Bad".

Great post, I mean this story has parallels to the stuff Priest was saying. Athletes live to make the "story" great, Huard has the tools to make a great story. Learning under greats can only make him that much more of a better player especially in the decesion making category. Its overlooked but im sure hes picked up those kinda great intangibles that Marino and Bledsoe had.

MGRS13
08-27-2007, 06:06 PM
This post is amazing.

Wishing for an injury for a player on your own team just to fulfill your inner crybaby.

Amazing.
I can see exactly where he is coming from. The only way we can build for the future is if the old washed up(and in this case NEVER HAS BEEN)vet goes down with an injury. I wish no ill will towards Huard and hope he gets plenty of time to spend with his family this year while hes on the IR.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-27-2007, 06:07 PM
Why?

[/endDongerimpression]

chris

2nd snort of Diet Coke!!!

ROFL

Donger
I can see exactly where he is coming from. The only way we can build for the future is if the old washed up(and in this case NEVER HAS BEEN)vet goes down with an injury. I wish no ill will towards Huard and hope he gets plenty of time to spend with his family this year while hes on the IR.

The NAZIs said the same thing about the Jews, you know.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-27-2007, 06:09 PM
2nd snort of Diet Coke!!!

ROFL
Dude... put down the diet Coke.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-27-2007, 06:09 PM
The NAZIs said the same thing about the Jews, you know.
I can't rep you again until I spread it around some more first.

chris
08-27-2007, 06:10 PM

So yo would throw away a year for the POSSIBILITY of a winning season some time in the future.

Sorry, your passion for the game is clouding your judgement. :)

Donger
08-27-2007, 06:11 PM
Why?

[/endDongerimpression]

The 'end' is redundant, BTW.

Why do I want to masturbate while thinking of the geographically-challenged Miss Teen South Carolina 2007? I've only ever had sex with women who are smarter than myself, so it's kind of a turn on.

DaFace
08-27-2007, 06:12 PM
Judging from your "join date" you have no justification for using "anymore" in that sentence, IMO.

Perhaps, but even back when I first joined, I didn't notice this level of pessimism/hatred/whatever you want to call it. Maybe I came in in the middle of the downhill slide, but that doesn't mean that he hasn't changed since I've been around.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-27-2007, 06:12 PM
I've only ever had sex with women who are smarter than myself
I didn't think you could find any of those.

chris
08-27-2007, 06:13 PM
Dude... put down the diet Coke.

need the caffaine. Long night last night, another tonight.

however, if this keeps up, my nasal passages will be really clean. :)

Donger
08-27-2007, 06:13 PM
I didn't think you could find any of those.

Only three.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-27-2007, 06:14 PM
Only three.
I'm impressed. Shag on.

Ozarks-Chiefs-Fan
08-27-2007, 06:15 PM

What is so gutless about putting the best players on the field?

keg in kc
08-27-2007, 06:15 PM
It's hard to suck throwing 20 passes to your outlet receiver a game. I wouldn't be shocked with another 60% completion rate, although I'd imagine he's going to turn the ball over a lot more in '07. That tends to happen to backups who become "starters".

patteeu
08-27-2007, 06:16 PM
Perhaps, but even back when I first joined, I didn't notice this level of pessimism/hatred/whatever you want to call it. Maybe I came in in the middle of the downhill slide, but that doesn't mean that he hasn't changed since I've been around.

Yeah, you're probably right. He's probably made an effort to grow even more outrageous as time's gone by. He hasn't been very logical for a long time, if ever, though.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-27-2007, 06:18 PM
Yeah, you're probably right. He's probably made an effort to grow even more outrageous as time's gone by. He hasn't been very logical for a long time, if ever, though.
He needs to go back to Vlad Logicslav

MGRS13
08-27-2007, 06:18 PM
So yo would throw away a year for the POSSIBILITY of a winning season some time in the future.
Uh Yes.....It's called rebuilding. And what exactly is it we would be throwing away this year? 8 winning games MAYBE more likely 6 or 7. Yea I'd "throw" that away for building a solid core for the future.

Rain Man
08-27-2007, 06:19 PM
need the caffaine. Long night last night, another tonight.

however, if this keeps up, my nasal passages will be really clean. :)

I just hope that's not where you store your pop rocks, because we don't need another senseless tragedy.

DaFace
08-27-2007, 06:20 PM
He needs to go back to Vlad Logicslav

Or perhaps "Mr. Poopie Pants." That would be fitting, I would think.

chris
08-27-2007, 06:22 PM
Uh Yes.....It's called rebuilding. And what exactly is it we would be throwing away this year? 8 winning games MAYBE more likely 6 or 7. Yea I'd "throw" that away for building a solid core for the future.

I hear your logic....and understand it...but there is no guarantee that it will work.

Toooo risky.

Like going to Vegas with all your money and betting it all on one hand of BJ.

Otherwise, Lion, Cardinals, etc. would have won a superbowl.

Time to let your anger go...or you'll go over to the Dark Side. :)

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-27-2007, 06:23 PM
You should post a poll. I'm tired of being an attention whore.

keg in kc
08-27-2007, 06:26 PM
I hear your logic....and understand it...but there is no guarantee that it will work.

Toooo riskyThere are no guarantees in life, other than death.

And the whole point of starting Croyle is to see what we have so we can see where he fits into the long-term plans of the organization.

At this point, we're testing out his clipboard-holding skills. I guess he's the next Damon Huard.

Rain Man
08-27-2007, 06:28 PM

I actually have a hold placed on that one.

DaFace
08-27-2007, 06:29 PM
You should post a poll. I'm tired of being an attention whore.

Your wish is my command.

Reerun_KC
08-27-2007, 06:29 PM
It's hard to suck throwing 20 passes to your outlet receiver a game. I wouldn't be shocked with another 60% completion rate, although I'd imagine he's going to turn the ball over a lot more in '07. That tends to happen to backups who become "starters".

Scott Mitchell anyone?

MGRS13
08-27-2007, 06:30 PM

Toooo risky.

Like going to Vegas with all your money and betting it all on one hand of BJ.

Otherwise, Lion, Cardinals, etc. would have won a superbowl.

Time to let your anger go...or you'll go over to the Dark Side. :)
No anger here, the chiefs are going to suck, Im cool with that. Two more years and Herm an Carl are gone the Chiefs arent winning the SB under those guys so until then I can just sit back and watch and wait. Nope no anger at all.

Ozarks-Chiefs-Fan
08-27-2007, 06:31 PM
There are no guarantees in life, other than death.

And the whole point of starting Croyle is to see what we have so we can see where he fits into the long-term plans of the organization.

At this point, we're testing out his clipboard-holding skills. I guess he's the next Damon Huard.

They already know what they have in Croyle, that's why Huard is starting.

Rain Man
08-27-2007, 06:33 PM
I watch football to be entertained. If I entered the season planning for my team to lose, that wouldn't be entertaining. I honestly don't see how a person can go into a season without at least hope that his team will do well. Might as well just go mow the lawn otherwise.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-27-2007, 06:35 PM
Your wish is my command.
Damn you... DAMN YOU I SAY!!! (fist shaking)

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-27-2007, 06:36 PM
No anger here, the chiefs are going to suck, Im cool with that. Two more years and Herm an Carl are gone the Chiefs arent winning the SB under those guys so until then I can just sit back and watch and wait. Nope no anger at all.
DUDE CALM DOWN..... DAMN!!!!!!

keg in kc
08-27-2007, 06:39 PM
They already know what they have in Croyle, that's why Huard is starting.Then why is he not starting, because Herm seems to think Croyle has "a very bright future" with the franchise, or words to that effect.

Answer: because this isn't about Croyle sucking, or Huard playing well.

It's about a franchise that's so terrified of failure that they're afraid to take any risk that could potentially hurt their chances at a .500 season.

The goal of the offense is the goal of the franchise: playing not to lose.

The goal is 9-7 or bust. And Damon Huard is the safer bet, in their minds.

cdcox
08-27-2007, 06:48 PM

You know that there is no powder or solid form of hydrochloric acid under ambient conditions, don't you? That ruined that joke for me.

Logical
08-27-2007, 06:50 PM

What you don't realize is that the abyss was beachfront property, you should have bought into it.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-27-2007, 06:51 PM
You know that there is no powder or solid form of hydrochloric acid under ambient conditions, don't you? That ruined that joke for me.
Have you never seen liquid creamer? Jeezuz man... it's what all the cool kids use. Check your local dairy case.

cdcox
08-27-2007, 06:53 PM
Have you never seen liquid creamer? Jeezuz man... it's what all the cool kids use. Check your local dairy case.

I've never seen clear creamer.

Logical
08-27-2007, 06:54 PM
No... he's not.ROFL

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-27-2007, 06:56 PM
ROFL
:D

Logical
08-27-2007, 06:59 PM
I watch football to be entertained. If I entered the season planning for my team to lose, that wouldn't be entertaining. I honestly don't see how a person can go into a season without at least hope that his team will do well. Might as well just go mow the lawn otherwise.

I pay someone to mow my lawn Kevin, any other ideas?

Reerun_KC
08-27-2007, 07:05 PM

You promised you wouldnt tell anyone...

Bwana
08-27-2007, 07:15 PM
Sadly Huard is not going to play against the Rams so we have no hope of him being hurt in that game.

WTF?

:spock:

Donger
08-27-2007, 07:18 PM

Logical, do you have a terminal illness?

Brock
08-27-2007, 07:21 PM
Logical, do you have a terminal illness?

Is Alzheimer's terminal?

keg in kc
08-27-2007, 07:22 PM
Is Alzheimer's terminal?Jim can't remember.

HemiEd
08-27-2007, 07:37 PM
Then why is he not starting, because Herm seems to think Croyle has "a very bright future" with the franchise, or words to that effect.

Answer: because this isn't about Croyle sucking, or Huard playing well.

It's about a franchise that's so terrified of failure that they're afraid to take any risk that could potentially hurt their chances at a .500 season.

The goal of the offense is the goal of the franchise: playing not to lose.

The goal is 9-7 or bust. And Damon Huard is the safer bet, in their minds.

I truly want to be optimistic about the season, as Rainman says. But I am starting to agree with your observation. Brodie has significantly more talent than Damon, and they should go ahead and get him indoctrinated.

I am starting to think 0-2 anyway, but I hate it.

Dartgod
08-27-2007, 07:39 PM

Gawd you're a miserable SOB. It really sucks to be a Chiefs fan doesn't it?

:rolleyes:

Dartgod
08-27-2007, 07:42 PM
Sadly Huard is not going to play against the Rams so we have no hope of him being hurt in that game. Maybe his strained calf will keep him out of the Texans game.:grovel:
Now i'm just ****ing disgusted. Please find another team to root for.

I've met you briefly once and you seem like a nice guy, but you're an embarrassment to Chiefs fans.

Logical
08-27-2007, 07:43 PM
Logical, do you have a terminal illness?No

Logical
08-27-2007, 07:44 PM

I've met you briefly once and you seem like a nice guy, but you're an embarrassment to Chiefs fans.

It is not like I was wishing a career ending injury for the guy, just that the strained calf would not get better so he could not play against the Texans.

HemiEd
08-27-2007, 07:47 PM

I don't believe him, I just think he is showing off his ability to create 100 post threads. No real fan would say that. I want the kid to play too, but wishing and injury on any player, let alone a Chief, is pathetic.

Dartgod
08-27-2007, 07:53 PM
It is not like I was wishing a career ending injury for the guy, just that the strained calf would not get better so he could not play against the Texans.
Sure you were...
Sadly Huard is not going to play against the Rams so we have no hope of him being hurt in that game.

Logical
08-27-2007, 07:59 PM
Sure you were...

???

Originally Posted by Logical

Next time try the entire quote.

Dartgod
08-27-2007, 08:00 PM
???

Next time try the entire quote.All I had to read was the first sentence.

Logical
08-27-2007, 08:03 PM
All I had to read was the first sentence.

Really and where did I wish a career ending injury on him in that first sentence?

Logical
08-27-2007, 08:04 PM
Even in bold it does not ask for a career ending injury.

ChiefaRoo
08-27-2007, 08:04 PM
Rooting against your home team should be old hat to you by now.

Patteeu to Logical..
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m13/buyingguy/owned1.jpg

Rain Man
08-27-2007, 08:05 PM

Perhaps you could pay someone to watch your Chiefs games for you.

Logical
08-27-2007, 08:09 PM
Perhaps you could pay someone to watch your Chiefs games for you.If it is like last years first Denver game I will pay you Kevin, how much is it going to cost me?

Dartgod
08-27-2007, 08:28 PM
Really and where did I wish a career ending injury on him in that first sentence?
Where did I say that you were wishing a career ending injury? You were wishing that he would get injured if he played in the Rams game. Or hoping, if you want to argue semantics.

Either way, I find it disgusting.

Skip Towne
08-27-2007, 08:41 PM
:LOL:

OctoberFart
08-27-2007, 09:18 PM
Don't worry it will happen. All Huard has proved in his career is that he is a backup and isn't a starter.

Logical
08-27-2007, 09:23 PM
Where did I say that you were wishing a career ending injury? You were wishing that he would get injured if he played in the Rams game. Or hoping, if you want to argue semantics.

Either way, I find it disgusting.

That is because you are not yet Dr. Doom but give it time and enough of Huard and you too will convert to a member of the Legion of Doom...:evil:

Logical
08-27-2007, 09:23 PM
Don't worry it will happen. All Huard has proved in his career is that he is a backup and isn't a starter.Go away Raider Pimp, Dr Doom is on the job.

Rain Man
08-28-2007, 10:34 AM

I have a sliding scale.

$9.95 for wins
$19.95 for losses
$29.95 for playoff losses

Consecutive wins are half price, too, so if we win two in a row or more, all wins after the first are $4.98.

Perhaps I can interest you in my Friends program as well. For $29.95 a month, I'll be your friend.

beach tribe
08-28-2007, 11:09 AM

So you want us to basically lose, because nobody wins with a performance like that.

You should hit photoshop and turn that fukin devil ORANGE.

Inspector
08-28-2007, 11:36 AM
ROFL

We really should keep all of our innards to ourselves.

Grandma told me that.