PDA

View Full Version : Not too important Firefox question

patteeu
08-27-2007, 05:50 PM
I've noticed that a few of the icons for my Bookmarks have somehow changed. For example, my Bookmark to ChiefsPlanet now has an Internet Movie Database icon. In fact, 3 of my Bookmarks to ChiefsPlanet have 3 different icons and none of them came from ChiefsPlanet.

Does anyone know how these get set and whether there is a way to easily reset them or change them (without deleting them and re-saving them of course)?

JBucc
08-27-2007, 05:52 PM
It did that to me too back when I used it. I think you just have to remove it and put it back in.

DaFace
08-27-2007, 06:19 PM
It did that to me too back when I used it. I think you just have to remove it and put it back in.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's right. It's not an issue for web sites that have their own icons, but sites like CP that don't have an icon seem to randomly inherit icons from other bookmarked sites.

Speaking of which, we should get morphius to hook us up with an icon so this problem can be avoided in the future.

Simplex3
08-27-2007, 09:19 PM
Here's one.

Otter
08-28-2007, 11:27 AM
Turning off favicons is an option as well. I personally think their annoying.

Here's how:

*In the address bar, type about:config
*Change browser.chrome.favicons to false by double clicking on it
*Change browser.chrome.site_icons to false by double clicking on it
*Restart Firefox

Demonpenz
09-01-2007, 11:45 PM
the wierd thing is firefox isn't letting me save shit. I try to save pics and stuff and i have to open ie.

theultimatekcchiefsfan
09-02-2007, 12:31 PM
Turning off favicons is an option as well. I personally think their annoying.

What is so annoyong about them. I find that statement humorous.
They just sit in your bookmarks making it easy to find a favorite.

Anyway I believe I used to use "Fresh UI" to reset bookmark cache whenever that would happen.

Simplex3
09-03-2007, 09:11 AM
What is so annoyong about them. I find that statement humorous.
They just sit in your bookmarks making it easy to find a favorite.

Anyway I believe I used to use "Fresh UI" to reset bookmark cache whenever that would happen.
He's old, what do you want? Old people have problems adjusting.

Otter
09-27-2007, 01:36 AM
He's old, what do you want? Old people have problems adjusting.

Insomnia tonight and finally caught these responses.

I have flash disabled as well as all sigs and avatars and ads, that's why I love Firefox. When I come to a web site it's to read or look at intended pics and text.

When I look at my links bar I know what CP, FF (chiefsplanet and fantasy football) and so on mean. I don't need a little icon there grabbing my attention. It ****s with my ADD.

Simplex, I can't be much older than you and next time you borrow my hemorrhoid cream clean the applicator!!!

Now I'm waddling off to bed.

Simplex3
09-27-2007, 06:04 AM
Simplex, I can't be much older than you and next time you borrow my hemorrhoid cream clean the applicator!!!

Now I'm waddling off to bed.
LMAO