PDA

View Full Version : KCJohnny's Fearless Predictions for 2007

KCJohnny
08-27-2007, 06:50 PM
Now that I live in the area and get all the local media dumps, I can venture into Arrowhead in person, and can meet fellow Chief fanatics in person, I am going to make bold, senseless, homerific predictions for 2007.

1. Chiefs will run for 2000+ yards by committee.

2. Huard will finish the season with 3,200 yds, 20 Tds and 10 INTs.

3. Chiefs D will allow under 300 points for the first time since 1997.

4. Donnie Edwards will lead the team in tackles.

5. Chiefs will make the playoffs again, even if it requires another miracle.

6. Bolts will finish 8-8.

7. Chiefs will win at least 7 home games.

8. Priest Holmes will retire (not that I want him to).

9. Jared Page will block at least 3 kicks and have at least 3 sacks.

10. Chiefs will finish in the top 5 in turn over ratio, TOP, and (surprise) special teams scoring.

KCJohnny
Finally a local blind, deceived, homer
(yes, feel free to rub my nose in this post when I start raging against the coaching staff after our first loss...) :p

======================================================
UPDATE on 23 DECEMBER 2007:

Hey, I'll own up to this post. I won't apologize for optimism, hubris, or flat out fantasy. :D

1. They ran for 1,ooo yds by committee. So I was off by a digit. Get over it.

2. His numbers (http://www.nfl.com/players/damonhuard/profile?id=HUA264861) would not have been too far off from that over 16 games.

3. Without the abberration at Pile High, this would have been accomplished. I was not far off.

4. Pretty sure DE leads the team in tackles. Another good prediction.

5. Complete and utter fantasy. However, the Chiefs were in just about all their losses.

6. Not far off. They might finish 9-7.

7. Flat on my butt on this one. But you know damned well YOU didn't predict 2-6 at Arrowhead, so button it up.

8. Bingo. Sad day for me. Love the guy.

9. He did get one and I think a couple sacks. Not completely in la la land. Definitely over-hyped by me, though.

10. Total goose egg. Not even close. I was WRONG.

If this was meant to be a "gotcha", bring it on. Its all in fun. You guys have to remember one thing: I have loved this team since I was 10 and Lenny Dawson was QB. 2006-07 was the first time in my life I have lived in the KC area (I am active duty Army stationed at Ft. Leavenworth) and its been a thrill to be so close to the team and its fans, even in a losing season. I do not take it for granted, as I'll probably be re-assigned this summer.

KCJ
Blind, deceived homer
:arrow:

Saulbadguy
08-27-2007, 06:52 PM
My prediction: You blow a gasket and throw a horse-head bookend through your television set.

Don't you owe us 2,963 more "Dick Vermeil is 10x better than Marty's"?

BCD
08-27-2007, 06:53 PM
If we put up THAT much production on offense, and our D is sound, we should win no less than 12 games. What are you smokin'?

DaKCMan AP
08-27-2007, 06:54 PM
1. KCJohnny will express undying love, affection and loyalty to Herm Edwards after receiving a care package.

2. After learning of #1, and feeling betrayed, Gunther Cunningham will resign as DC and never return to KC.

ChiefaRoo
08-27-2007, 06:55 PM
I like blind homerism. Rock on Johnny.

KCJohnny
08-27-2007, 06:56 PM
If we put up THAT much production on offense, and our D is sound, we should win no less than 12 games. What are you smokin'?
I admit the 2,000 yd figure is mostly hubris. I think if Bennett stays healthy and teams have to switch up between stopping LJ's power and Bennett's quickness (and KW's surprise totes as well as some reverses), this running game could be pretty good - as long as there is a credible passing attack to keep defenses honest.

L.A. Chieffan
08-27-2007, 06:57 PM
Donnie Edwards will lead us in tackles!?!
THAT'S going out on a limb.

KCJohnny
08-27-2007, 06:57 PM
I like blind homerism. Rock on Johnny.

Hey! That's what being a fan is all about, right? :toast:

cdcox
08-27-2007, 06:58 PM

Exactly.

ChiefaRoo
08-27-2007, 07:02 PM
Hey! That's what being a fan is all about, right? :toast:

Yep! I choose not to be cynical.

Phobia
08-27-2007, 07:06 PM
6, 7, and 10 could land you in an institution, man. Do you have any idea what year this is?

HemiEd
08-27-2007, 07:17 PM
ROFL Damn I want to believe half that stuff will happen.

If you have been watching the same team I have, and you end up right, they have fooled the shit out of a whole bunch of people, including me.

I finally had a chance to catch Hard Knocks 3, and have moved over to the "Brodie should be playing" side. It has been a long transisition, but I want the kid in there.

I hope Herm is just trying to get his attention, and puts him back in sooner rather than later.

keg in kc
08-27-2007, 07:35 PM
Are you predicting an injury to LJ? Because that's the only way the yards come by committee. Unless 1700 yards for him and 300 for everyone else qualifies.

As for Huard, based (loosely) on last year's stats, his 3200 yards, 20 TD and 10 INT would come on 285-475 passing. That's a QB rating of 122.22, which would I believe be an NFL record (Manning's the current holder at 121.1).

The Bolts finishing 8-8 would not suprise me. It's not unusual for teams to be up-and-down in today's NFL and they did lose all their coordinators, the strength of that coaching staff and have a new HC with a rather indistinguished career.

Edwards may lead the team in tackles, but not if he's getting hurt every week. Hopefully DJ finally comes into his own and leads the team in every way, and not just that relatively meaningless stat. It's time for some of these young players to become game-changers and difference makers.

I'd be satisfied, at this point, with an offense that's able to sustain drives enough to get the defense a breather between drives. It's sad what this team is turning into.

Maybe one of these days we'll find a head coach who understands the value of balance. Martyocre didn't. Gun didn't. Vermeil didn't. Hopefully Herm can. It's not looking promising so far, but it's only one year.

Simply Red
08-27-2007, 07:38 PM
Donnie Edwards will lead us in tackles!?!
THAT'S going out on a limb.
why do you say that?

Phobia
08-27-2007, 07:43 PM
why do you say that?
Because he's led his team in tackles almost every year he's been a full-time starter.

Simply Red
08-27-2007, 07:49 PM
Because he's led his team in tackles almost every year he's been a full-time starter.
Zing! Right over my head.

Hydrae
08-27-2007, 07:57 PM
Which actually makes him one of the best IDP picks in fantasy football.

KCJohnny
08-27-2007, 08:27 PM
Are you predicting an injury to LJ? Because that's the only way the yards come by committee. Unless 1700 yards for him and 300 for everyone else qualifies.

As for Huard, based (loosely) on last year's stats, his 3200 yards, 20 TD and 10 INT would come on 285-475 passing. That's a QB rating of 122.22, which would I believe be an NFL record (Manning's the current holder at 121.1).

The Bolts finishing 8-8 would not suprise me. It's not unusual for teams to be up-and-down in today's NFL and they did lose all their coordinators, the strength of that coaching staff and have a new HC with a rather indistinguished career.

Edwards may lead the team in tackles, but not if he's getting hurt every week. Hopefully DJ finally comes into his own and leads the team in every way, and not just that relatively meaningless stat. It's time for some of these young players to become game-changers and difference makers.

I'd be satisfied, at this point, with an offense that's able to sustain drives enough to get the defense a breather between drives. It's sad what this team is turning into.

Maybe one of these days we'll find a head coach who understands the value of balance. Martyocre didn't. Gun didn't. Vermeil didn't. Hopefully Herm can. It's not looking promising so far, but it's only one year.
1. No injury to LJ - just the common sense approach (which Herm has already alluded to) that LJ will not be breaking any records for carries this year. besides, a healthy Bennett gives KC TWO pro bowl RBs with very different styles and threats.

2. I disagree with the passer rating. Those stats are very close to Chiefs QB stats throughout the 1990s with several different QBs. 3200 yds is 200 YPG. 20 TDs is just over 1 TD per game. 10 INTs is very plausible as we have seen Huard's commendable precision over 8 games last year. His career numbers corroborate this. BTW, only one QB in the NFL did have a higher rating than Damon last year - Peyton Manning.

3. In the Tampa 2 defense, its very important for the LBs to make tackles - they are conceding the LOS in much of the coverage.

4. This offense will go as far as its playbook will allow it. With 2 PB RBs, a HOF TE and some emerging possibilities at WR (as well as one solid vet - EK), this O is hardly short on talent. If Solari tries the R2P2 offense again, all bets are off. I think he's learned from that.

Balance is important, but so is accentuating your strengths.

Cochise
08-27-2007, 08:31 PM
You should go to open mic night someplace

Spott
08-27-2007, 08:38 PM
#4 and 8 are possible. All the rest are just pipe dreams.

Adept Havelock
08-27-2007, 08:39 PM
Interesting predictions. I hope you are right. One nagging question keeps bugging me. At what point do we acquire the two Offensive Tackles required to make that happen?

KCJohnny
08-27-2007, 08:44 PM
Interesting predictions. I hope you are right. One nagging question keeps bugging me. At what point do we acquire the two Offensive Tackles required to make that happen?

Fair question. I don't know the answer. :shrug:

redbrian
08-27-2007, 08:58 PM
My prediction for the season, Huard plays until the O-line proves they can pass block or he is taken out on a cart, one way or the other Huard does not finish the season.

TEX
08-27-2007, 09:26 PM

:clap:

keg in kc
08-27-2007, 09:53 PM
1. No injury to LJ - just the common sense approach (which Herm has already alluded to) that LJ will not be breaking any records for carries this year. besides, a healthy Bennett gives KC TWO pro bowl RBs with very different styles and threats.I'm sorry, I know it's your fantasy, but you don't hand a running back 19 million and nearly 30 in the next three years and then have a committee.2. I disagree with the passer rating.As I said, it was based on last year. Using a 60% completion percentage, and assuming he passed between 6.5 and 7 ypa, that combined with the yardage and TD/INT ratio you predicted would come out to a 122.22 passer rating. Do the math yourself if you don't believe me. Just google "qb rating calculator".

As for last year and 2nd to Manning, you're expecting him to do that for 16 games - as the starter, not the backup - and there's a pretty big difference between 96 and 122.

Not to mention that Manning had a 101 rating with TEN more passes/game. He's amazing, and it's ludicrous to even mention Huard in the same breath.

Over 16 games with actual expectations, my guess is that Huard will at best be in Eli Manning territory (77.0 rating) rather than Payton Manning's stratosphere. And come to think of it, that's not too far off statistically from what you predicted (3244 yards, 24 TD, 18 INT).4. This offense will go as far as its playbook will allow it. With 2 PB RBs, a HOF TE and some emerging possibilities at WR (as well as one solid vet - EK), this O is hardly short on talent. They appear to be short on talent where it's most important, and that's at tackle. Playcalling will not fix that.Balance is important, but so is accentuating your strengths.It would help to have strengths. Right now we have one, and that's at RB. Although Colquitt is awfully good.

My guess is, any strength is going to come from the defense. The offense isn't going to do it. Apparently they're not even going to try, trotting Huard out there.

Fat Elvis
08-27-2007, 10:12 PM

KCJohnny
(yes, feel free to rub my nose in this post when I start raging against the coaching staff after our first loss...) :p

Where is Donnell "The Demoralizer" Bennet when you need him?

MadMax
08-27-2007, 10:16 PM
Now that I live in the area and get all the local media dumps, I can venture into Arrowhead in person, and can meet fellow Chief fanatics in person, I am going to make bold, senseless, homerific predictions for 2007.

10. Chiefs will finish in the top 5 in turn over ratio, TOP, and (surprise) special teams scoring.

KCJohnny

#2,5,7,8,and 9 wont happen . :)

Coach
08-27-2007, 10:24 PM
1. Yes, provided that Bennett can actually stay healthy. Of course, we all know that Herm LOVES to run his running backs straight towards the ground. Ask Curt Martin how he's feeling these days.

2. Not even close. Huard would be lucky enough to get 10 TD's this year. I think he'll throw more INT's than TD's.

3. Barely, but I just can't see it happening, especially when the pass defense is getting exposed. "Cover Who?" still lives.

4. Agreed.

5. Disagree. The Chiefs will be lucky enough to finish .500 this year. Statistically speaking, the Royals’ winning percentage is now .442. The last time it was higher than the Chiefs’ was 2001. If the Royals’ percentage stays the same the rest of the season, the Chiefs would need to go at least 8-8 to keep the streak alive.

Did you watch the Chiefs’ last preseason game?

6. Not even close. Bolts will win the AFC West.

7. Chiefs win at least 5 home games.

8. Hope so. It's time for Nacho Boy to go.

9. We'll see. I think Pollard has a better chance on the blocked kicks, since the guy seems to have the knack of finding the ball.

10. Disagree. Fumbles will count as turnovers, and Damon will contribute alot to that, as well as his INT's.

SNR
08-27-2007, 11:17 PM
No way the Bolts do not mop the floor in the division this year. Denver's defense looks to be pretty weak this year, though their offense will be interesting. Travis Henry should have a big year, and if Denver can run the ball, who knows what that will mean for a guy like Cutler.

San Diego is the most established on both sides. The Chiefs, Donks, and Raiders can throw everything they've got at them, but in reality the Chargers will REALLY have to botch in order to not win the division this year.

Logical
08-28-2007, 12:39 AM
My prediction for the season, Huard plays until the O-line proves they can pass block or he is taken out on a cart, one way or the other Huard does not finish the season.2nd quarter of first game if my sensors are calibrated.

44Page44
08-28-2007, 12:41 AM
2nd quarter of first game if my sensors are calibrated.

Sense has nothing to due to it, well I guess it does to your sense.

None in football, just wants and hopes.

Chief Henry
08-28-2007, 07:55 AM
KCJ,

Where the hell you been hidden out at ?

When i read those prognostications by you I did chuckle and wonder wtf. But I figured you
were practicing yuour stand up comidy bit :)

Here's my prediction...the chiefs will give up more
QB sacks than any other team in the league and will most likely give up more QB sacks than any other CHIEFS team in the franchise history and I don't even know what those records are. I predict that the ESPN commentators will have a field day
with our "olay offensive Line". At some point this season the ESPN crew will show a bull fighter
olaying his bull through his cape, while announcing this as the Chiefs offensive line.

This season could be a very long - long season.
This is the complete opposite of what King Carl wants. King Carl wants the stadium full and
our fans will do that as long as were playing 500
football. If the Chiefs go 2-4 to start the season, you'll see mucho empty seats in Arrowhead.
Carl will cringe and the fans will be calling talk shows to want his scalp after we go 3-8 to start the season.

Good to see you back KCJ.

carlos3652
08-28-2007, 09:06 AM
2. Not even close. Huard would be lucky enough to get 10 TD's this year. I think he'll throw more INT's than TD's.

10. Disagree. Fumbles will count as turnovers, and Damon will contribute alot to that, as well as his INT's.

I think him having 15+ td's and less than 10 Int's is very possible, he will have 10+ fumbles if he plays more than 6 games though...

htismaqe
08-28-2007, 10:20 AM
1. No injury to LJ - just the common sense approach (which Herm has already alluded to) that LJ will not be breaking any records for carries this year. besides, a healthy Bennett gives KC TWO pro bowl RBs with very different styles and threats.

You'd have to be daft to think LJ is gonna get less than 350 carries. Even if he only gets 325 and Bennett gets 125, that's NOT a committee.

RBbC is when you have 4 backs and they all carry the ball 75 times.

2. I disagree with the passer rating. Those stats are very close to Chiefs QB stats throughout the 1990s with several different QBs. 3200 yds is 200 YPG. 20 TDs is just over 1 TD per game. 10 INTs is very plausible as we have seen Huard's commendable precision over 8 games last year. His career numbers corroborate this. BTW, only one QB in the NFL did have a higher rating than Damon last year - Peyton Manning.

Last year was a confluence of factors. Huard's QBR won't break 85 this season.

4. This offense will go as far as its playbook will allow it. With 2 PB RBs, a HOF TE and some emerging possibilities at WR (as well as one solid vet - EK), this O is hardly short on talent. If Solari tries the R2P2 offense again, all bets are off. I think he's learned from that.

But Herm hasn't. It doesn't matter what Solari wants to do, he will call the offense the head coach wants.

KCJohnny
08-28-2007, 10:28 AM
KCJ,

Where the hell you been hidden out at ?

When i read those prognostications by you I did chuckle and wonder wtf. But I figured you
were practicing yuour stand up comidy bit :)

Here's my prediction...the chiefs will give up more
QB sacks than any other team in the league and will most likely give up more QB sacks than any other CHIEFS team in the franchise history and I don't even know what those records are. I predict that the ESPN commentators will have a field day
with our "olay offensive Line". At some point this season the ESPN crew will show a bull fighter
olaying his bull through his cape, while announcing this as the Chiefs offensive line.

This season could be a very long - long season.
This is the complete opposite of what King Carl wants. King Carl wants the stadium full and
our fans will do that as long as were playing 500
football. If the Chiefs go 2-4 to start the season, you'll see mucho empty seats in Arrowhead.
Carl will cringe and the fans will be calling talk shows to want his scalp after we go 3-8 to start the season.

Good to see you back KCJ.

Thanks, Hank, good to see you online too. Been very busy with the Army (I'm sure you can imagine) and tried not to get too involved over here, so I thought I'd post a Homerific vision for 2007 just to see what you all think.

Dave Kreig was dropped 55 times in 1992 - I think that's the Chief record for sacks allowed. I am concerned about the OL too, but I think a healthy running game will solve some of that. Remember Jason Dunn goes 270 and is a great blocker. The Chiefs will figure it out. Huard will be using 3-step drops and play action on 7-step drops, and then there's always the shotgun, so I'm still hopeful. My brain says we'll be 6-10, my heart sees 9-7.

KCJohnny
08-28-2007, 10:41 AM
You'd have to be daft to think LJ is gonna get less than 350 carries. Even if he only gets 325 and Bennett gets 125, that's NOT a committee.

Well, by that math, we will only have 300 carries this season, so I think its safe to say that won't happen. RBbC is 3 RBs or more (IMO - there is no actual "definition" of RBbC - if there is, I am just as much an authority as you are to establish it :p). I doubt KW will get many totes, but he looked like a pretty good runner in pre season, so its at least possible. Bottom Line, LJ will get nowhere near 400 carries. In a 500 carry season (2000 yds @4.0 ypc), SOMEbody besides LJ will be carrying the ball approximately 150x.

htismaqe
08-28-2007, 11:38 AM
Well, by that math, we will only have 300 carries this season, so I think its safe to say that won't happen.

325 + 125 = 450. You must be using Al Gore's math.

Bottom Line, LJ will get nowhere near 400 carries. In a 500 carry season (2000 yds @4.0 ypc), SOMEbody besides LJ will be carrying the ball approximately 150x.

LJ will have more than 75% of the team's total carries. That's NOT RBbC by ANYBODY's standards, other than yours apparently.

KCJohnny
08-28-2007, 11:56 AM

One of us is using Algore's math. My 3rd grader informs me that 4x75=300.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-28-2007, 12:03 PM

That could be... but LJ will have 1800 of them.

htismaqe
08-28-2007, 05:48 PM
One of us is using Algore's math. My 3rd grader informs me that 4x75=300.

My kindergartener says that the 4x75 scenario was a "hypothetical".

KCJohnny
08-28-2007, 10:02 PM
I think him having 15+ td's and less than 10 Int's is very possible, he will have 10+ fumbles if he plays more than 6 games though...

I think we all need to take a deep breath, exhale, step back, and let the season unfold. Damon Huard has no history of being blind-sided, fumbling or throwing INTs. For heaven's sake, all the guy does is WIN.

keg in kc
08-28-2007, 10:10 PM
Damon Huard has no history.You could've stopped there.

Unless it's a history as a skilled wielder of the art of clipboard holding.

KCJohnny
08-28-2007, 10:13 PM
You could've stopped there.

Unless it's a history as a skilled wielder of the art of clipboard holding.

That would be a convenient criticism had he not finished just behind Peyton Manning in QB rating last season. History, anyone?

Ebolapox
08-28-2007, 10:14 PM
I think we all need to take a deep breath, exhale, step back, and let the season unfold. Damon Huard has no history of being blind-sided, fumbling or throwing INTs. For heaven's sake, all the guy does is WIN.

I guess you didn't see the games we saw last year (if you even saw the games, not sure if you were out of the country or not)... he had a bigger fumbling problem than dave kraig had back in the day...

keg in kc
08-28-2007, 10:17 PM
That would be a convenient criticism had he not finished just behind Peyton Manning in QB rating last season. History, anyone?A half season as an injury replacement following 9 years as a backup.

History indeed.

KCJohnny
08-28-2007, 10:47 PM
A half season as an injury replacement following 9 years as a backup.

History indeed.
Uh, as opposed to an unproven QB prone to interceptions?

Coach
08-28-2007, 10:49 PM
Uh, as opposed to an unproven QB prone to interceptions?

What difference does it make to a proven QB who's prone to fumble?

KCJohnny
08-28-2007, 10:55 PM
What difference does it make to a proven QB who's prone to fumble?

Ahem.
5-3 record.
11 TDs.
1 INT.

Next?

Coach
08-28-2007, 11:00 PM
Ahem.
5-3 record.
11 TDs.
1 INT.

Next?

4-0 aganist the Medicore NFC West, and 1-3 aganist decent teams.

Also, he had about 8 interceptions that were dropped by baffled defensive backs who had a "he threw it right to me?" look on their faces.

This is a terrible move. There's no reason to get rid of an old Pro-Bowl quarterback to start an old guy who's never had a starting gig in the NFL in his 11 years. At least if we play Brodie this year we'll know if we need to draft another QB early next year or not.

Huard will throw fewer picks only because he's going to get sacked and fumble instead. A turnover is a turnover, but a fumble is actually worse, because of the resulting field position.

Awesome, I look forward to a long season of fumbles and whining, and moving for a QB next year.

Nobody is going to buy a ticket to see Damon Huard. And FWIW, keeping Huard isn't a reparation for letting Gannon go.

Who's next?

keg in kc
08-28-2007, 11:42 PM
Uh, as opposed to an unproven QB prone to interceptions?It's a player who's proven he's not, and never will be, more than a backup, versus a player who has a great deal of talent but needs live-fire experience.

Why not ignore the future so we can maintain our 3-decade clip of mediocrity. We might actually win a meaningful game in the next ten years if we do something the least bit risky. Can't let that happen.

TEX
08-29-2007, 06:47 AM
4-0 aganist the Medicore NFC West, and 1-3 aganist decent teams.

Also, he had about 8 interceptions that were dropped by baffled defensive backs who had a "he threw it right to me?" look on their faces.

This is a terrible move. There's no reason to get rid of an old Pro-Bowl quarterback to start an old guy who's never had a starting gig in the NFL in his 11 years. At least if we play Brodie this year we'll know if we need to draft another QB early next year or not.

About 8 interceptions.? Hardly, Care to name them? - 3 is more like it.

Yes there is, TrINT is done.

I'm pretty sure that Brodiie will get time enough this year to show the Chiefs that we better be looking at QB's next year.

KCJohnny
08-29-2007, 07:42 AM
It's a player who's proven he's not, and never will be, more than a backup, versus a player who has a great deal of talent but needs live-fire experience.

This would be a true statement if spoken about Len Dawson in the fall of 1962 when he earned a starting spot in the "2nd tier" of pro football (the AFL) after riding the pines for 5 years in the NFL with Cleveland and Pittsburgh.

I guess the immediate congrats from Dan Marino and Tom Brady (two future HOF QBs) also mean nothing. What do they know about being a starting QB in the NFL?

The fact that Huard spent the majority of his career backing up Marino, Brady and Trent Green is hardly Damon's fault. Just my $.02.

htismaqe
08-29-2007, 07:49 AM
Nothing like comparing 2007 to 1962.

Gotta love irrelevance.

Saulbadguy
08-29-2007, 07:51 AM
This would be a true statement if spoken about Len Dawson in the fall of 1962 when he earned a starting spot in the "2nd tier" of pro football (the AFL) after riding the pines for 5 years in the NFL with Cleveland and Pittsburgh.

I guess the immediate congrats from Dan Marino and Tom Brady (two future HOF QBs) also mean nothing. What do they know about being a starting QB in the NFL?

The fact that Huard spent the majority of his career backing up Marino, Brady and Trent Green is hardly Damon's fault. Just my $.02.
wtf :spock:

KCJohnny
08-29-2007, 07:53 AM
Gotta love irrelevance.

Posts: 61,988 http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/reputationpos.gifhttp://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/reputationpos.gifhttp://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/reputationpos.gifhttp://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/reputationpos.gifhttp://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/reputationpos.gifhttp://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/reputationhighpos.gifhttp://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/reputationhighpos.gifhttp://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/reputationhighpos.gifhttp://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/reputationhighpos.gifhttp://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/reputationhighpos.gifhttp://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/reputationhighpos.gif

Yeah, its really something! :rolleyes:

Saulbadguy
08-29-2007, 07:55 AM
Posts: 61,988 http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/reputationpos.gifhttp://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/reputationpos.gifhttp://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/reputationpos.gifhttp://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/reputationpos.gifhttp://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/reputationpos.gifhttp://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/reputationhighpos.gifhttp://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/reputationhighpos.gifhttp://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/reputationhighpos.gifhttp://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/reputationhighpos.gifhttp://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/reputationhighpos.gifhttp://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/reputationhighpos.gif

Yeah, its really something! :rolleyes:
Oh, the sweet, sweet irony.

htismaqe
08-29-2007, 08:06 AM
ROFL

banyon
12-23-2007, 10:13 PM

Uh, I guess 1/10 isn't bad?

:)

KCJohnny
12-23-2007, 10:30 PM

KCJohnny

Hey, I'll own up to this post. I won't apologize for optimism, hubris, or flat out fantasy. :D

1. They ran for 1,ooo yds by committee. So I was off by a digit. Get over it.

2. His numbers (http://www.nfl.com/players/damonhuard/profile?id=HUA264861) would not have been too far off from that over 16 games.

3. Without the abberration at Pile High, this would have been accomplished. I was not far off.

5. Complete and utter fantasy. However, the Chiefs were in just about all their losses.

6. Not far off. They might finish 9-7.

7. Flat on my butt on this one. But you know damned well YOU didn't predict 2-6 at Arrowhead, so button it up.

8. Bingo. Sad day for me. Love the guy.

9. He did get one and I think a couple sacks. Not completely in la la land. Definitely over-hyped by me, though.

10. Total goose egg. Not even close. I was WRONG.

If this was meant to be a "gotcha", bring it on. Its all in fun. You guys have to remember one thing: I have loved this team since I was 10 and Lenny Dawson was QB. 2006-07 was the first time in my life I have lived in the KC area (I am active duty Army stationed at Ft. Leavenworth) and its been a thrill to be so close to the team and its fans, even in a losing season. I do not take it for granted, as I'll probably be re-assigned this summer.

KCJ
Blind, deceived homer

Bowser
12-23-2007, 10:30 PM
Brutal bitchslap of a bump.

banyon
12-23-2007, 10:31 PM
Brutal bitchslap of a bump.

I was actually looking for a different thread, but found this one along the way and couldn't pass it up.

BTW can anyone find the season prediction thread(s)?

Phobia
12-23-2007, 10:33 PM
Heh. I loved the rationalization post best. "But at least I was close on a couple of them."

banyon
12-23-2007, 10:34 PM
2. His numbers (http://www.nfl.com/players/damonhuard/profile?id=HUA264861) would not have been too far off from that over 16 games:

I bumped this in jest, but surely this is a jest too?

I mean unless by close, you mean reversing the TD:INT ratio and calling it good?

banyon
12-23-2007, 10:36 PM

I amend your score to 2/8.

Phobia
12-23-2007, 10:39 PM

Much love. Great call.

KCJohnny
12-23-2007, 10:41 PM
I bumped this in jest, but surely this is a jest too?

I mean unless by close, you mean reversing the TD:INT ratio and calling it good?

11 games, 2,257 yds, 10 TDs, 13 INTs. I was on the money in yards and close in TDs. What I was wrong about was pics, but there was nothing in Damon's career record to indictate that. He was also bounced aoff the turf 30+ times - most QBs with high sack ratios also have high INT ratios (Warner, Kitna, etc...).

Also, none of us correctly predicted the evaporation of the Chiefs rushing attack. If you did, please provide link.

KCJohnny
12-23-2007, 10:43 PM
Heh. I loved the rationalization post best. "But at least I was close on a couple of them."

Right. And where are your predictions?

Just what I thought.

:ZZZ:

Phobia
11 games, 2,257 yds, 10 TDs, 13 INTs. I was on the money in yards and close in TDs. What I was wrong about was pics, but there was nothing in Damon's career record to indictate that. He was also bounced aoff the turf 30+ times - most QBs with high sack ratios also have high INT ratios (Warner, Kitna, etc...).

Also, none of us correctly predicted the evaporation of the Chiefs rushing attack. If you did, please provide link.

Here's a link. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=4169205&postcount=20

KCJohnny
I amend your score to 2/8.

That took more guts than Kloster's cheap shots.

cdcox
12-23-2007, 10:44 PM

Mecca did, several times. Others expressed severe doubt about the OL.

Phobia
12-23-2007, 10:44 PM
Right. And where are your predictions?

Just what I thought.

:ZZZ:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=4168999&postcount=11

KCJohnny
12-23-2007, 10:46 PM
Here's a link. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=4169205&postcount=20

:BS:

Nary a word about the rushing attack. Nice try.

Next?

Phobia
12-23-2007, 10:46 PM
2006-07 was the first time in my life I have lived in the KC area (I am active duty Army stationed at Ft. Leavenworth) and its been a thrill to be so close to the team and its fans, even in a losing season. I do not take it for granted, as I'll probably be re-assigned this summer.
We're up here on the front lines, Johnny. We're the real fans. You're in the rear with the gear. Get to the back of the line, poser.

Phobia
12-23-2007, 10:48 PM
:BS:

Nary a word about the rushing attack. Nice try.

Next?

Dude, I don't make stupid predictions about things because they come back to you. When I predict something you can generally take it to the bank. I have 2 years of column archives which prove this. I called this a rebuilding year all along.

KCJohnny
12-23-2007, 10:54 PM
We're up here on the front lines, Johnny. We're the real fans. You're in the rear with the gear. Get to the back of the line, poser.

I bet you feel real big calling me a poser. :rolleyes:

Good night.

Douche Baggins
12-23-2007, 10:55 PM
Jarrad Page blocked 0 punts and had 0 sacks.

Mecca
12-23-2007, 10:56 PM
Mecca did, several times. Others expressed severe doubt about the OL.

Psh, I'm never right about anything remember? Just ask Zach!

Phobia
12-23-2007, 11:01 PM

Good night.

Uh. That was parody of one of your own posts, since we're all owning our words this evening....

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=4470774&postcount=249

JohninGpt
12-23-2007, 11:04 PM

Good night.
Johnny, you did insult pretty much anyone who has ever served in the military with the exception of Army infantry. You embarrassed them.

doomy3
12-23-2007, 11:04 PM
Uh. That was parody of one of your own posts, since we're all owning our words this evening....

Wow, I missed that gem of a post by KCJ.

Valiant
12-24-2007, 12:15 AM

Wow.. that is funny..

Just to play devils advocate.. But homo's have always been great fighters throughout history.. Sacred Band of Thebes, a lot of Spartans, Romans and Alexander the Great..

keg in kc
12-24-2007, 01:16 AM
So basically you were wrong on all but one of them.

Good job!

Phobia
12-24-2007, 01:57 AM
So basically you were wrong on all but one of them.

Good job!

We have to give him the Priest retirement one even though the spirit of his prediction was that he was to retire and not play. He backed into it but should still get credit.

Ultra Peanut
12-24-2007, 01:58 AM
7. Chiefs will win at least 7 home games.Welp,

BCD
12-24-2007, 03:08 AM
Welp,Thats not a real word...

Phobia
12-24-2007, 11:51 AM
Thats not a real word...
That guy used to make sense.

JohninGpt
12-24-2007, 11:58 AM
Thats not a real word...
Sure it is, it's just misspelled.

Main Entry: 1whelp
Pronunciation: \ˈhwelp, ˈwelp\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Old English hwelp; akin to Old High German hwelf whelp
Date: before 12th century
1 : any of the young of various carnivorous mammals and especially of the dog
2 : a young boy or girl

Ultra Peanut
12-24-2007, 11:59 AM
stfu

Mr. Laz
12-24-2007, 12:00 PM
Hey, I'll own up to this post. I won't apologize for optimism, hubris, or flat out fantasy.
got no problem with homerism or fantasy .....

as long as they aren't argued as logic or legit.

Valiant
12-24-2007, 12:01 PM
Sure it is, it's just misspelled.

Main Entry: 1whelp
Pronunciation: \ˈhwelp, ˈwelp\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Old English hwelp; akin to Old High German hwelf whelp
Date: before 12th century
1 : any of the young of various carnivorous mammals and especially of the dog
2 : a young boy or girl

Hey maybe he meant a junior boyscout??? That is what dictionary.com said it was...

Dave Lane
12-24-2007, 12:05 PM

OMG and he's a bible thumper. Talk about the queers in the rear jeez!

Dave

shaneo69
01-01-2008, 10:26 AM
According to the Star, Nap Harris had more tackles than Donnie.

Another incorrect prediction...

KCJohnny
01-01-2008, 10:29 AM

Well, that was due to injury, not Nap's superior talent. We both know that Donnie would have easily led the team had he not missed PT.

In any event, prognostications are just for fun, unless you put any credibility behind them.

I'm willing to own up to my bone-headed forecasts, but only to those who likewise braved the forum with their own predictions.

Happy New Year,
KCJ

doomy3
01-01-2008, 10:31 AM

Yep. 116 tackles for Nap. 104 for Edwards.

76 tackles for Kawika in NY this year, for those who bitch about Nap too.

kstater
01-01-2008, 10:31 AM
1/10 is craptacular.

doomy3
01-01-2008, 10:32 AM
Well, that was due to injury, not Nap's superior talent. We both know that Donnie would have easily led the team had he not missed PT.

In any event, prognostications are just for fun, unless you put any credibility behind them.

I'm willing to own up to my bone-headed forecasts, but only to those who likewise braved the forum with their own predictions.

Happy New Year,
KCJ

Just because you decided to make this retarded thread doesn't make you more brave than anyone else.

Phobia
01-01-2008, 10:32 AM

I agree. I'll still give you credit for 20%. That's still pretty good for you, Johnny. Congratulations.

doomy3
01-01-2008, 10:48 AM
[QUOTE=KCJohnny]Well, that was due to injury, not Nap's superior talent. We both know that Donnie would have easily led the team had he not missed PT.

QUOTE]

Well Hell, if we can just disregard injuries, then you shouldn't get credit for your prediction of Priest's retirement. Afterall, if he wouldn't have gotten injured again, he wouldn't have retired.

shaneo69
01-01-2008, 11:00 AM
Well Hell, if we can just disregard injuries, then you shouldn't get credit for your prediction of Priest's retirement. Afterall, if he wouldn't have gotten injured again, he wouldn't have retired.

Excuses can only be applied in certain situations.