PDA

View Full Version : Amazon HD DVD player + 8 HD DVD movies offer!

Sure-Oz
08-28-2007, 12:38 AM
I just purchased mine and 3 movies +5 movies via fillable rebate for $210, hell YA! I may also be getting a ps3 for my bday so that takes care of my HD DVD/Blu Ray war for now.

Hell of a deal guys for HD people.

www.slickdeals.net

click

Tuesday, August 28, 2007
Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD Player + 3 Select HD DVD Titles Instantly + 5 After MIR $211

Buck
08-28-2007, 12:42 AM
Looks like a scam to me.

Sure-Oz
08-28-2007, 12:45 AM
Looks like a scam to me.
it's through amazon, hardly a scam possibility and slickdeals.net is a great site for deals in general. There is a promo and it tells you exactly what to do to get it. Very common to find things like this off that site, for discounts etc. That is how i found the ps3 deal with 5 rebate movies as well.

Buck
08-28-2007, 12:47 AM
it's through amazon, hardly a scam possibility and slickdeals.net is a great site for deals in general. There is a promo and it tells you exactly what to do to get it. Very common to find things like this off that site, for discounts etc. That is how i found the ps3 deal with 5 rebate movies as well.

Ok, so I should bookmark it for sure?

Im not in need of the hd dvd player, but they have good deals on a lot of stuff?

Sure-Oz
08-28-2007, 12:48 AM
Ok, so I should bookmark it for sure?

Im not in need of the hd dvd player, but they have good deals on a lot of stuff?
The site for sure, random things pop and always click "comments" on the actual top corner. its a mb related to the deal at hand and the peoples thoughts. This is a hell of a deal though, considering you get 8 HD movies total that range from $25-30 a pop and a nice hd dvd player reduced from $300 or so, really a can't miss deal if you have an HD tv.

I got my cpu speakers, free magazines, my dell cpu, and other offers through slickdeals, its a nice site, has coupons sometimes etc.

elvomito
08-28-2007, 01:08 AM
i haven't checked, but do they give you an option for extended warranty at checkout?

Buck
08-28-2007, 01:11 AM
On this page you can get 2 lbs of beef jerky for $19.50 or 4 lbs for $29...

http://slickdeals.net/index.php?to=2007-08-27&page=17

Ebolapox
08-28-2007, 01:18 AM

you love the meat, don't you?

NTTAWWT

Buck
08-28-2007, 01:19 AM
Now theres a good deal on a PS3 on page 1.

I might have to check back here in a few weeks and find a good deal on a PS3.

KCChiefsMan
08-28-2007, 01:31 AM
hmmm, my DVD player is broken and have been using the 360. I may have to do this since I have an HDTV

ChiefsFan4Life
08-28-2007, 06:54 AM
I always check slickdeals every day - that is one of the best sites ever

penguinz
08-28-2007, 07:18 AM

Oberto jerky is nasty.

Sure-Oz
08-28-2007, 07:45 AM
Now theres a good deal on a PS3 on page 1.

I might have to check back here in a few weeks and find a good deal on a PS3.
This may be the best deal you get, not sure if it will be back in a few weeks. Yes, this is a great site. Incase you do miss out on the 8 free movies, it still will have the 5 free blu ray disc movies thru rebate offer till sept 30th, via www.bluraysavings.com

Cave Johnson
08-28-2007, 08:54 AM
Too bad the movie options suck in large part.

Sure-Oz
08-28-2007, 01:34 PM
I also have a question...

What is a good HDMI cable and would i need one for the hd dvd player and my Dish HD as well, i wasnt sure if Dish HD would benefit from having HDMI cables attached to the reciever, any help would be nice, thanks

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-28-2007, 01:40 PM
I also have a question...

What is a good HDMI cable and would i need one for the hd dvd player and my Dish HD as well, i wasnt sure if Dish HD would benefit from having HDMI cables attached to the reciever, any help would be nice, thanks

The cheapest one you can find.

HDMI, like fiber optic, is all digital, so it's all or nothing. It's not prone to interference.

If you want a well made cable that looks somewhat sturdy, go to monoprice.com. You can get an HDMI cable for 6 bucks that will look every bit as good as a 150 dollar Monster cable.

Amazon had some deals on HDMI cables a while back for less than 3 dollars. That would be another option.

Simply Red
08-28-2007, 01:42 PM
Is it strictly electronic media etc.? Can you get; I don't know... say...

Alpha Hydroxy lotion on there?

Sure-Oz
08-28-2007, 01:45 PM
Is it strictly electronic media etc.? Can you get; I don't know... say...

Alpha Hydroxy lotion on there?
if you are talking about the slickdeals.net website, just look its pretty much anything that gets posted and is legit. hehe

Also, Hamas thanks for the info, i'll definetly look into that. Just the other question, is that cable required to use with satellite recievers as well, i just know its needed with HD dvd players to make the reg. dvds upconvert and the sound etc better.

greg63
08-28-2007, 02:38 PM
Don't you have to have an HD TV, in order to see the difference an HD DVD player makes? I really don't know, which is why I ask. :D

Sure-Oz
08-28-2007, 02:48 PM
Don't you have to have an HD TV, in order to see the difference an HD DVD player makes? I really don't know, which is why I ask. :D
haha yes... :)

dtebbe
08-28-2007, 02:56 PM

Of coarse skip would tell you that HD does not look any better anyway, so why waste your $$$ ROFL

DT