PDA

View Full Version : Welp, I revamped my Madden 08 franchise....

CoMoChief
08-28-2007, 02:31 AM
I'm in my 2nd season....got rid of some turds in the process as well as some aging vets. Just like what I do every season I rape teams via trade and FA and stock up on draft picks. If only the real Chiefs could do this. lol

I also imported the draft from NCAA 08 as well, which IMO makes it much better.

Here is my starting group, well at least the players that get the most PT. Just to note the game doesn't really recognize what players would be drafted where in real life(for the most part); for instance I drafted Martin Rucker in the 5th round and Franklin with the other 5th rd pick I had, though Sweed was my first as he was top 5. Jake Long was my first 2nd rd pick and Caldwell was my 2nd 2nd rd pick.

Not really gonna go into detail on what trades I made, because that would take all night.

HC: Marty Schottenheimer
OC: Al Saunders
DC: Gunther Cunningham

QB - Brodie Croyle 84
RB - Adrian Peterson 92
3DRB - Kolby Smith 78
FB - David Kirtman 90
TE - Greg Olsen 86
TE - Martin Rucker 83
WR - Bernard Berrian 89
WR - Dwayne Bowe 85
WR - Limas Sweed 85
WR - Andre Caldwell 82
WR - Will Franklin 80
LT - Jake Long 84
LG - Ryan Lilja 88
C - LeCharles Bentley 92
RG - Justin Smiley 87
RT - Shane Olivea 90

DE - Jared Allen 93
DE - Tamba Hali 88
DE - Jimmy Wilkerson 78
DE - Turk McBride 78
DT - Tank Johnson 85
DT - Tank Tyler 84
OLB - Derrick Johnson 94
OLB - Chad Greenway 85
OLB - Kameron Wimbley 90
MLB - Patrick Willis 94
MLB - Napolean Harris 85
CB - Antonio Cromartie 90
CB - Eric Wright 84
CB - Phillip Buchanon 84
CB - Benny Sapp 80
CB - Ahmad Carroll 80
FS - Antoine Bethea 88
FS - Jarrad Page 80
SS - Bernard Pollard 86

K - Medlock 86
P - Colquitt 86

Not too bad I guess. The good thing about it is that my team is VERY young with the avg age of I would say around 26. If I win the Super Bowl this season I'd be sure to have 90+ rated players at virtually every position on the field with the exception of maybe a few. Then when the players reach the age of around 32, I just trade them away for younger prospects or stockpile draft picks and start over again.

Croyle is taking a long time to progress because it's so ****ing hard to pass in that game with the defense being extremely better than in any Madden ever released IMO. A few times I lost to the damn computer and I can't ever remember the last time that has happened.

KCChiefsMan
08-28-2007, 02:43 AM
I bought this and I really hate the game, I will be trading it in next month when COD4 comes out

Fruit Ninja
08-28-2007, 02:46 AM
I downloaded the demo i wasnt impressed at all. I dont know the person who said that Maddens graphics are better. Thats a damn lie, but 1 thing i give madden is the grass looks nice.

KCChiefsMan
08-28-2007, 03:11 AM
I downloaded the demo i wasnt impressed at all. I dont know the person who said that Maddens graphics are better. Thats a damn lie, but 1 thing i give madden is the grass looks nice.

good game tonight man, I can't believe I had 2 drops in the endzone on my last drive to tie!

Fruit Ninja
08-28-2007, 03:16 AM
good game tonight man, I can't believe I had 2 drops in the endzone on my last drive to tie!
yup. i lucked out that game. i got killed earlier in the day. everything i did was just wrong,

Guru
08-28-2007, 03:30 AM
yup. i lucked out that game. i got killed earlier in the day. everything i did was just wrong,
Chiefs are rubbing off on ya. :)

Fruit Ninja
08-28-2007, 03:36 AM
Chiefs are rubbing off on ya. :)
Sometimes when the games go bad, they really go bad. Everything i threw up was either dropped or tipped into a incerception. It was the worst beating i have gotten online in APF so far. I got killed like 38-6. lol At least it was to the number 1 ranked dude. I have only beaten him once though. He's beat me 3 times.