PDA

View Full Version : Anyone up for another "Rate My FFL Draft" thread?

Dartgod
08-28-2007, 08:46 PM
If not, too bad...

Drafting ninth in a 12 team league. Pretty much standard scoring; 6pts for all TDS, Point per rec. for receivers only. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR/TE, 1 K, 1 D.

QBs
Matt Hasselbeck
J.P. Losman

RBs
Edgerrin James
Willis McGahee
Jerious Norwood
Chris Brown
Ron Dayne

WR/TEs
T.J. Houshmandzadeh
Antonio Gates
Deion Branch
Chris Chambers
Jason Witten

K
Shayne Graham

D
Miami Dolphins

BigVE
08-28-2007, 08:47 PM
Give up now, you have no chance.

Dartgod
08-28-2007, 08:48 PM
That's pretty much the case every year for me.

Deberg_1990
08-28-2007, 08:49 PM
Not sure about your runnng backs? Who did u select in the first round?

BigVE
08-28-2007, 08:50 PM
To be honest, the only real picks that stood out to me are Hasselbeck and Norwood, Gates and Miami D. Must be a 12 team league? The talent seems spread a bit thin.

BWillie
08-28-2007, 08:51 PM

You think thats bad? Check this out, and this is a 9 man league.

QB - Marc Bulger
WR - Torry Holt and Hines Ward
RB - Frank Gore and Cedric Benson
TE - The Soldier
MIami's D

Dartgod
08-28-2007, 08:58 PM
Not sure about your runnng backs? Who did u select in the first round?
Edge

To be honest, the only real picks that stood out to me are Hasselbeck and Norwood, Gates and Miami D. Must be a 12 team league? The talent seems spread a bit thin.
Yeah, 12 team league. I had the 9th pick.

BigVE
08-28-2007, 09:01 PM
Good luck. You never know how it might turn out.

Deberg_1990
08-28-2007, 09:02 PM
Edge

Ehhhh.....no offense, but i dont like that pick with the 9th overall...

Dartgod
08-28-2007, 09:07 PM
Ehhhh.....no offense, but I dont like that pick with the 9th overall...
Here are the backs that went ahead of me:

LaDainian Tomlinson
Steven Jackson
Larry Johnson
Shaun Alexander
Joseph Addai
Frank Gore
Willie Parker
Brian Westbrook

These went after my Edge and before my next pick (McGahee):

Rudi Johnson
Laurence Maroney
Travis Henry
Reggie Bush

Deberg_1990
08-28-2007, 09:14 PM
Rudi Johnson
Laurence Maroney
Travis Henry

I would have chosen these three before Edge....I just think Edge is over the hill.

He can still produce, but not at the level of a younger guy. JMO...

But ya never know....Hes got some pretty good offensive coaches running the show there in Arizona now.

dj56dt58
08-28-2007, 10:22 PM
no

Logical
08-28-2007, 10:30 PM
Like your QBs and WRs, your RBs have potential but might not work out. I think your defense is in a down cycle but will see once Porter really starts playing.

Logical
08-28-2007, 10:31 PM
Here are the backs that went ahead of me:

LaDainian Tomlinson
Steven Jackson
Larry Johnson
Shaun Alexander
Joseph Addai
Frank Gore
Willie Parker
Brian Westbrook

Rudi Johnson
Laurence Maroney
Travis Henry
Reggie Bush

I probably would have taken Reggie Bush but in my league there is 1 point per reception. Travis Henry could be a stud this year.

Nzoner
08-28-2007, 10:34 PM
Edge

Yeah, 12 team league. I had the 9th pick.

Seeing that Wisenhunt has already come out and said he's looking for a goaline back this may be a 1st round bust.I got Edge in the 3rd round of our 10 man league but surrounded him with Gore,Brown and Betts just in case.

Logical
08-28-2007, 10:41 PM
Seeing that Wisenhunt has already come out and said he's looking for a goaline back this may be a 1st round bust.I got Edge in the 3rd round of our 10 man league but surrounded him with Gore,Brown and Betts just in case.I am feeling dumb but Brown?

Great, great pick with Gore though.

Nzoner
08-28-2007, 10:42 PM
I am feeling dumb but Brown?

Great, great pick with Gore though.

Sorry Ronnie Brown,as for Gore I took him 3rd overall,LJ fell to 6th in our draft

Logical
08-28-2007, 10:46 PM
Sorry Ronnie Brown,as for Gore I took him 3rd overall,LJ fell to 6th in our draft

Given the sad situation with our O-line 6th might be high for LJ.

Dartgod
08-29-2007, 06:42 AM
I probably would have taken Reggie Bush but in my league there is 1 point per reception. Travis Henry could be a stud this year.
I wanted Reggie Bush, but in the second round (pick 16). I was targeting Westbrook in the 1st and Bush in the 2nd, but both went one pick before me.

All in all, I'm pretty happy considering my draft position. Week 8 is going to be brutal for me though. I have both starting RBs (Norwood is also on a bye in week 8), QB and a WR on a bye that week. At leasrt I'll get them all out of the way at once.

Nzoner
08-29-2007, 07:18 AM
I wanted Reggie Bush, but in the second round (pick 16). I was targeting Westbrook in the 1st and Bush in the 2nd, but both went one pick before me.

All in all, I'm pretty happy considering my draft position. Week 8 is going to be brutal for me though. I have both starting RBs (Norwood is also on a bye in week 8), QB and a WR on a bye that week. At leasrt I'll get them all out of the way at once.

Do you remember who the 12th guy took at 12 & 13,just curious as my 12 man draft is tomorrow night.

bsp4444
08-29-2007, 07:23 AM
Where did Marion Barber go? I think he is going to put up some numbers this year. Yes, he is sharing the backfield, but he will get the goal line carries and he will get the ball more than last year.

Dartgod
08-29-2007, 07:35 AM
Do you remember who the 12th guy took at 12 & 13,just curious as my 12 man draft is tomorrow night.

Travis Henry 12th and Peyton Manning 13th. T. Henry is another one that I was hoping might make it back to me in the 2nd.
Where did Marion Barber go? I think he is going to put up some numbers this year. Yes, he is sharing the backfield, but he will get the goal line carries and he will get the ball more than last year.
Barber went in the 5th round (56th overall)

Nzoner
08-29-2007, 07:39 AM
Travis Henry 12th and Peyton Manning 13th. T. Henry is another one that I was hoping might make it back to me in the 2nd.

Manning will go in the first in our league,he does every year.I've been looking at Henry myself with the 12th pick.I'm almost sure I'm going rb/qb with my first two though.

rad
08-29-2007, 07:43 AM
Here's mine, I had the 6th position, serpentine draft. Keep in mind this is a 16 team league, standard scoring. We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 K, 1D:(by round)

Addai
Holt
J. Lewis
C. Taylor
Braylon Edwards
Leinart
J. Porter
M. Turner (LT2's backup)
Devery Henderson
Brandon Jones
W. Welker
B. Leonard (Steven Jackson's backup)
B. Johnson (wr-Az)
Kurt Warner
Seahawks D
John Carney

Deberg_1990
08-29-2007, 08:20 AM
The most shocking thing in my draft was we had a guy take McNabb with the 5th pick.

Dartgod
08-29-2007, 09:56 AM
Haha, I got some negative rep for drafting a Charger!

rad
08-29-2007, 10:54 AM
Why is when AFTER I draft Holt, all of a sudden his knee is not healing on schedule?

patteeu
08-29-2007, 10:55 AM

Rudi Johnson
Laurence Maroney
Travis Henry
Reggie Bush

I like all four of those RBs *and* McGahee better than Edge, but from your 2nd round on, I think you did pretty good. The other issue I see is that your top 3 RBs all have a bye in week 8.

Dartgod
08-29-2007, 11:03 AM
The other issue I see is that your top 3 RBs all have a bye in week 8.
I was trying to draft this year on value alone instead of working around bye weeks and position of need. I honestly didn't notice that my first two picks shared the same bye week until after I made my second pick. After that, I decided what the hell, at least I only have one week that could be a problem instead of shuffling my lineup to cover 3 or 4 bye weeks.

Deion Branch and Hasselbeck also have week 8 byes. I got Norwood in the 8th round.

patteeu
08-29-2007, 11:36 AM
I was trying to draft this year on value alone instead of working around bye weeks and position of need. I honestly didn't notice that my first two picks shared the same bye week until after I made my second pick. After that, I decided what the hell, at least I only have one week that could be a problem instead of shuffling my lineup to cover 3 or 4 bye weeks.

Deion Branch and Hasselbeck also have week 8 byes. I got Norwood in the 8th round.

Yeah, you have enough depth to cover yourself in that week so you might as well forfeit one and be at full strength the rest of the season.

In my league, one guy drafted Peyton Manning, Marvin Harrison, and Reggie Wayne with is first 3 picks. Normally he does pretty well, but this year he's going to have problems. The real bad deal is that we have very thin rosters (11 players for 8 starting spots) and a requirement that you have to field an active team each week so the guy's going to have to drop at least a couple of his current players by the time the Colts' bye week rolls around or the commissioner will force him to drop his Colts. The only thing I can guess is that he plans on trying to make some trades.

Dartgod
08-29-2007, 02:01 PM
In my league, one guy drafted Peyton Manning, Marvin Harrison, and Reggie Wayne with is first 3 picks. Normally he does pretty well, but this year he's going to have problems. The real bad deal is that we have very thin rosters (11 players for 8 starting spots) and a requirement that you have to field an active team each week so the guy's going to have to drop at least a couple of his current players by the time the Colts' bye week rolls around or the commissioner will force him to drop his Colts. The only thing I can guess is that he plans on trying to make some trades.That's not smart, basing your whole season on the performance of one team. I made Manning my first pick two years ago when I had the last pick and he had an off year, and it killed my season because I had only one tier two RB.

I've had shitty luck with my draft position the last three years (12th, 10th and 9th this year). Looks like I'm guaranteed 11th next year.

Nzoner
08-29-2007, 03:30 PM
I've had shitty luck with my draft position the last three years (12th, 10th and 9th this year). Looks like I'm guaranteed 11th next year.

I love the 10th thru 12th pick,in fact I've won 3 Championships,from the 12 slot twice and once from the 10th.

Dartgod
08-29-2007, 03:32 PM
I love the 10th thru 12th pick,in fact I've won 3 Championships,from the 12 slot twice and once from the 10th.I haven't drafted well down there. I think I did a better job this year (other than the week 8 byes).

crazycoffey
08-29-2007, 03:39 PM
Here's mine, it was automated too, missed the draft on my yahoo league..... Could have been worse.

QB Jake Delhomme
WR Torry Holt
WR Terrell Owens
WR Plaxico Burress
RB LaDainian Tomlinson
RB Carnell Williams
TE Todd Heap
W/R Devery Henderson
K Jason Elam
DEF San Diego

BN Matt Hasselbeck
BN Dominic Rhodes
BN Tony Scheffler
BN DeShaun Foster
BN John Kasay
BN Arizona

Nzoner
08-29-2007, 03:42 PM
I haven't drafted well down there. I think I did a better job this year (other than the week 8 byes).

Be sure to bring your line-ups to Vegas
:)

Dartgod
08-29-2007, 03:46 PM
Be sure to bring your line-ups to Vegas
:)
I bet on football once out there. It was Thanksgiving in 2003, I think. I bet $50 on the Packers -6.5 over the Lions. The Packer were up by 14 and Detroit scored 2 TDs in the last 4 minutes or so and tied it up. I was ****ed at that point.

Nzoner
08-29-2007, 03:51 PM
I bet on football once out there. It was Thanksgiving in 2003, I think. I bet $50 on the Packers -6.5 over the Lions. The Packer were up by 14 and Detroit scored 2 TDs in the last 4 minutes or so and tied it up. I was ****ed at that point.

Heh,my last trip during football season I tried an 8 team super teaser parlay.Had 7 early games and 1 late game(Denver @ Oakland).

I proceeded to get rather drunk and by the time I checked my card the late game had kicked,well I noticed I had hit all 7 early games and had I checked before kick-off should've placed a secondary bet as a flip flop to cover my butt yet still win money either way.

That was the game the donks beat the rayduhs 30-3 in Oakland and the only game on my card I missed nullifying the whole bet :banghead:

Dartgod
08-29-2007, 04:05 PM
Heh,my last trip during football season I tried an 8 team super teaser parlay.Had 7 early games and 1 late game(Denver @ Oakland).

I proceeded to get rather drunk and by the time I checked my card the late game had kicked,well I noticed I had hit all 7 early games and had I checked before kick-off should've placed a secondary bet as a flip flop to cover my butt yet still win money either way.

That was the game the donks beat the rayduhs 30-3 in Oakland and the only game on my card I missed nullifying the whole bet :banghead:Damn. What were the odds on that parlay??

Logical
08-29-2007, 04:06 PM
Here's mine, I had the 6th position, serpentine draft. Keep in mind this is a 16 team league, standard scoring. We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 K, 1D:(by round)

Addai
Holt
J. Lewis
C. Taylor
Braylon Edwards
Leinart
J. Porter
M. Turner (LT2's backup)
Devery Henderson
Brandon Jones
W. Welker
B. Leonard (Steven Jackson's backup)
B. Johnson (wr-Az)
Kurt Warner
Seahawks D
John CarneyHoly hell no way I would ever join a 16 team league. Just crazy dilution of talent.

Nzoner
08-29-2007, 04:08 PM
Damn. What were the odds on that parlay??

I can't recall been 3 years ago,I can tell you they weren't huge because with a super teaser I believe you get a 14 point add or subtract differential to the existing line.

Bet your ass I'm doing another one when we're there in October.

crazycoffey
08-29-2007, 04:38 PM
Here's mine, it was automated too, missed the draft on my yahoo league..... Could have been worse.

QB Jake Delhomme
WR Torry Holt
WR Terrell Owens
WR Plaxico Burress
RB LaDainian Tomlinson
RB Carnell Williams
TE Todd Heap
W/R Devery Henderson
K Jason Elam
DEF San Diego

BN Matt Hasselbeck
BN Dominic Rhodes
BN Tony Scheffler
BN DeShaun Foster
BN John Kasay
BN Arizona

I guess my draft sucked? no one wants to confirm my thoughts to leave it as is or does anyone have suggestions. TO should play, heard Burress is hurt....

rad
08-29-2007, 04:44 PM
Holy hell no way I would ever join a 16 team league. Just crazy dilution of talent.

Wow, someone responded to my post.......

It's not too bad, if you enjoy the competitiveness. Sorta makes it funner.

rad
08-29-2007, 04:45 PM
I guess my draft sucked? no one wants to confirm my thoughts to leave it as is or does anyone have suggestions. TO should play, heard Burress is hurt....

Comment on mine and I'll comment on yours.

Dunit35
08-29-2007, 04:53 PM
My newest one from this morning was a decent one.

QB-Drew Brees
WR- Roy Williams
WR- Plaxico Burress
WR-Vincent Jackson
RB- Frank Gore
RB- Jones Drew
TE- Vernon Davis
K- Josh Brown
D- Pitt and KC

Bench

Jay Cutler
Dallas Clark
Matt Jones
Wes Welker
DeAngelo Williams (or Ladell Betts, trying to add him instead of Williams)

crazycoffey
08-29-2007, 04:59 PM
Comment on mine and I'll comment on yours.

I agree with Logical - low talent because of the 16 team league, but you're right. If you want the extra handicap it can be fun, makes finding a couple sleepers a must.

I don't know about warner and Leinart, is there another QB in there and am I missing it? but if that's the only two, watch out bye week.... you could probably picked up some other option for points, instead of worrying about Leinart's insurance. My 2 cents.

crazycoffey
08-29-2007, 05:01 PM
My newest one from this morning was a decent one.

QB-Drew Brees
WR- Roy Williams
WR- Plaxico Burress
WR-Vincent Jackson
RB- Frank Gore
RB- Jones Drew
TE- Vernon Davis
K- Josh Brown
D- Pitt and KC

Bench

Jay Cutler
Dallas Clark
Matt Jones
Wes Welker
DeAngelo Williams (or Ladell Betts, trying to add him instead of Williams)

that is pretty good, yeah you need a better backup RB

Valiant
08-29-2007, 05:13 PM
Good luck. You never know how it might turn out.

Yeah you never know how it turns out each week.. You might catch somebody with a buy week that has been dominating..

Hell I had a stacked team one year and lost literally every week by less then two points...

rad
08-29-2007, 05:21 PM
I agree with Logical - low talent because of the 16 team league, but you're right. If you want the extra handicap it can be fun, makes finding a couple sleepers a must.

I don't know about warner and Leinart, is there another QB in there and am I missing it? but if that's the only two, watch out bye week.... you could probably picked up some other option for points, instead of worrying about Leinart's insurance. My 2 cents.

We use averages on bye weeks, meaning you can start a player on a bye and you get his average points for that spot (as long as he was in your lineup the prior week)

Yours looks pretty good, although your WR's are banged up.......you should trade for Steve Smith or Eli or Bulger....I like to have good QB/WR duo....a couple years ago I had Brees/Gates when they went off, came in 2nd place that year. I may try to trade for Boldin....

Nzoner
08-29-2007, 05:29 PM
Well I gotta help the mrs with a live yahoo draft but I think she'd be fine since this is the same league where last year the #1 overall pick was Drew Bledsoe ROFL