PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with a Direct TV Hookup on Here?

doomy3
08-29-2007, 12:23 AM
I am probably going to switch from Dish Network to Direct TV because I want Sunday ticket, but I was wondering if anyone had a hookup for any good deals on this board. I am looking at a 5 room system with 1 HD DVR, 2 HD, 1 DVR, 1 Standard. Anyone?

cookster50
08-29-2007, 10:40 AM
Call them up and tell them you are thinking of switching from Dish, tell them what you want and what price you want to pay, you'll probably get it as long as it is reasonable.

Skip Towne
08-29-2007, 10:49 AM
I am probably going to switch from Dish Network to Direct TV because I want Sunday ticket, but I was wondering if anyone had a hookup for any good deals on this board. I am looking at a 5 room system with 1 HD DVR, 2 HD, 1 DVR, 1 Standard. Anyone?
I can have our sales guy call you if you will PM me your name and phone number. I think you only have to pay the freight on the equipment and the install is free.

cookster50
08-29-2007, 01:14 PM
I can have our sales guy call you if you will PM me your name and phone number. I think you only have to pay the freight on the equipment and the install is free.
I think you can go to Best Buy and get the equipment for free.... could be wrong though.

Simply Red
08-29-2007, 01:35 PM
I can sell you one regular receiver and two HD receivers used. : )

Skip Towne
08-29-2007, 05:03 PM
I can sell you one regular receiver and two HD receivers used. : )
That stuff isn't worth much since they give new ones away to new subscribers. You might try ebay though.

Saulbadguy
08-29-2007, 05:12 PM
They still charge alot for the HD+TIVO receivers, last time I checked. Like $300.

Silock
08-29-2007, 08:31 PM

Yeah, but what can you do about the monthly price? Anyone can get the stuff for free, unless you can get the HD DVR for free, in which case, that would totally rock.

doomy3
08-29-2007, 08:43 PM
Are you guys saying that the HD boxes and the DVR Boxes should be totally free? I am seeing mostly that I can get one of these for free, but I need 2 HD boxes and one DVR box, plus a HDDVR Box. Are you saying that the only thing I should have to pay for is the HDDVR box, because that is not what I am seeing.

Simply Red
08-29-2007, 09:12 PM
That stuff isn't worth much since they give new ones away to new subscribers. You might try ebay though.
I'll probably just give them to him. But it'd be just as easy for him to rent them as he subscribes.

Skip Towne
08-30-2007, 06:49 AM
Are you guys saying that the HD boxes and the DVR Boxes should be totally free? I am seeing mostly that I can get one of these for free, but I need 2 HD boxes and one DVR box, plus a HDDVR Box. Are you saying that the only thing I should have to pay for is the HDDVR box, because that is not what I am seeing.
They keep changing the deal and I don't get notified as I am a contractor. That is why I turn folks over to our sales guy. I think they do still charge for the HDDVR but the rest of it should be free. The sales guy will call you today.