PDA

View Full Version : It is Gannon(Raiders) vs. Grbac(Ravens), who do you root for?

Logical
05-11-2001, 09:00 AM
This poll gives me faith that the earth is returning to spinning properly on its axis.

The Raiders deserve all the contempt that we can generate.

King_Chief_Fan
05-15-2001, 02:47 PM
Should there be another match up of Ravens vs. Raiders in the playoffs, I will root for Ravens (Grbac).

DaWolf
05-15-2001, 02:59 PM
That isn't even a question. The Raiders need to go down and they need to go down hard...

redsurfer11
05-15-2001, 03:00 PM
I would be rooting for bad weather.wind,sleet,snow and lightning.

HC_Chief
05-15-2001, 03:00 PM
Neither!

They're not CHIEFS any more, so to hell with 'em.

:D

(BTW, I tried to use HTML in this post, but the BB was not allowing it.... strange)

Raiderhader
05-15-2001, 03:09 PM
Not even close. DEATH TO THE FAIDUHS!

redhed
05-15-2001, 03:30 PM
I root 4 Ravens. Easy.
Any team playing aginst the 'durrz gets my vote.
Even donkos.

Clint in Wichita
05-15-2001, 03:56 PM
Who would I root for?

If it was a Raiders home game, it would be Mother Nature.

Bring on that 10.0 earthquake in "Oaktown"!!

Hopefully its radius would be just about the same size as that hideous stadium, with its epicenter right at midfield.

WackyRuss
05-15-2001, 03:59 PM
Ravens to win the game
Raiders to crush GirlBac

ct
05-15-2001, 04:40 PM
I'd root for two starting QBs carried out on a stretcher...ONE STRETCHER!!!

ct
to hell with both of em

BIG_DADDY
05-15-2001, 04:48 PM
Neither, and that's final. I would choose Gannon only if he was on another team and I was forced to choose.

Raiderhader
05-15-2001, 04:53 PM
OK, who is the one that voted for the faiduhs?

Zebedee DuBois
05-15-2001, 04:54 PM
I always want divisional rivals to lose. It helps the Chiefs in the standings.

jAZ
05-15-2001, 04:56 PM
There is soooo much more to like about Gannon than Grbac. It won't kill us if the raiders win ONE game will it?

Frazod
05-15-2001, 05:49 PM
Yuck. Is death an option? I can't vote for either option.

I do like and respect Gannon, but the Raiders can go straight to hell. On the other hand, I respect the Ravens, but SmElvis can go straight to hell.

I would have to say that if the Girlbac-led Ravens were playing the Raiders, I'd root for the Raiders just out of pure spite. I wish Girlbac nothing but the worse in life. Rat bastard!

Raiderhader
05-15-2001, 05:53 PM
PappaJ,
I don't know about you, but it does kill me when they win one game. It kills me when they are leading in the first quarter.

Tim,
I'm surprised. Answer me this, if it were the donkos and the Ravens who would you root for out of pure spite?

Frazod
05-15-2001, 05:58 PM
Jamie, I would root for a team of ax murderers and child molesters coached by Saddam Hussein that had Rosie O'Donnell and my ex-wife as cheerleaders over Denver.

Does that answer your question?

Raiderhader
05-15-2001, 06:04 PM
Yeah, that, that pretty much does it.

Hader,
surprised to find a Chiefs fan that hates Denver more than Oakland

Frazod
05-15-2001, 06:18 PM
I dislike Oakland intensely, but my hatred for the vile scum of Denver knows no bounds. They have the most unfair natural advantage of any team in the league with the thin air, they cheat, and let's not forget the devil incarnate, Elway.

No one will ever change my mind on this. Screw Denver FOREVER. :mad:

Raiderhader
05-15-2001, 06:28 PM
My Dad never could understand my complete hatred of the man. He didn't use to care for him either, but he was won over by his ability to play the game towards the end. I wouldn't even give him respect for his abilities. He was no good as far as I was (and still am) concerned. The guy was a cry baby.

The way you feel about Denver is the way I feel about Oakland. I was born and bred a raider hater. The owner the team, I just hate them. Pure unaldurated hate. You mentioned cheating, that can also be applied to the faiduhs. A dirtier team I can't remember (of course my memory isn't as long as yours or others). The only thing you mentioned that can't be applied is the altitude. And I really don't begrudge them that. I mean Denver just happens to sit a mile high. It's not like they did it on purpose.

DaWolf
05-15-2001, 06:30 PM
Let's just put it this way: I could care less if the Ravens won another championship, because if they did, they would be running smack back at Browns fans all offseason.

The Raiders winning another championship however would give Raiderfans all the incentive in the world to up the smack they already run, it specifically affects us since we're in the same division, and it gives them 4 championships to our 1, thus pushing us further behind in the race for championships. It was hard enough watching Denver win 2. I coudn't stand watching greasy Al and Rison and the gang hoisting another Lombardi. We need to catch up, and that means if an AFC West team is in the playoffs, they must go down...

Frazod
05-15-2001, 06:32 PM
No, its not their fault Denver happens to be located at a high altitude. That's just geography. But it obviously has a lot to do with their success (pretty easy to lead a lot of BS last minute winning drives when the opposing team can barely breathe in the fourth quarter). They never acknowledge it, though, do they?

Raiderhader
05-15-2001, 06:39 PM
I don't know if they do or don't acknowlegde it. But I question how many of those 4th quarter comebacks were because of the air. In the Chiefs case it was usually poor offensive play calling (trying to run out the clock via running vs. gaining first downs) and prevent defense. Not that the altitude doesn't play a part, but with the Chiefs it was usually because of the Chiefs.

Warrior5
05-15-2001, 07:16 PM
I'm gonna do the Miami Beach thing and disenfranchise myself from voting. While I <B>LOATHE</B> the Donkeys, I can't bring myself to support the Raiders in any way (unless they're playing the Donkeys).

The <B>ONLY</B> reason I would want Gannon to beat the Ravens is so we could continue to say.....

"Elvis has never won a playoff game"

Frazod
05-15-2001, 07:17 PM
I don't think most people are aware of the effect high altitude has on those who are in it and not prepared for it. I learned a tough lesson last year.

The last time I was in the Black Hills (which are mountains, BTW) I hiked to the top of Harney Peak, the highest mountain in the range, 7,242 feet about sea level. It was a four mile hike from the lodge - so you think oh, an hour-and-a-half up, no big deal. Now granted, I'm not in good shape (fat bastard with a pack-a-day habit, but hell, even on a bad day I can walk four miles. NOT. I made it, but thought I was going to friggin die. Towards the end, I had to stop every 50 yards or so and rest, was gasping for breath, and brother, I felt every pound of fat I'd ever gained and every cigarette I'd ever smoked. A couple of times I literally thought I was having a heart attack (not that I'd mind dying in my favorite place on Earth, but not at the age of 34!).

Now, the average football player is in far, far better shape than I could ever hope to be, but still, it is a simple fact that thin air kicks your a$$ unless you're used to it, and I'm told it takes about a month to fully adapt. If you have two evenly-matched people, but only one is acclaimated, he will have a distinct natural advantage over the other guy the minute exhaustion sets in. This is a simple, undeniable fact.

I'm quite sure I'd have fallen prey to any fat chain-smoker who was used to the air that day on Harney Peak who wanted to kick my a$$. Luckily, I didn't run into any.

The team Denver fielded in during their winning superbowl years wasn't purely a result of this, as their non-Denver victories attested (of course, they got a little help from cooking spray and Marty's abject stupidity. But prior to that, their laughable blow-out losses screamed out loud and clear that they didn't belong on the same field as the team that crushed them.

Multi1
05-15-2001, 08:07 PM
I like Gannon.

I dislike Grbac.

I would hate to see the Raiders win; however, if they smash Grbac then lose I think that would be ideal!

Brock
05-15-2001, 08:17 PM
I hope they both get taken out in week 1.

tommykat
05-15-2001, 08:40 PM
frazod

Nothing bad......but do you ever post a short post or do you always go into detail??...:)

Raiderhader
05-15-2001, 08:43 PM
TK,
hey, take it easy on us "long posters".:)

tommykat
05-15-2001, 08:49 PM
raiderhader

I realize that.....just was asking a question. He is funny, going into all details.
Chill, I did......just a question.

Rick Stephens
05-15-2001, 08:55 PM
Gannon is no longer a member of the Chiefs. With that being said and a longtime fan of the Chiefs I don't want the Raider scumbags to ever win. Anyone who has ever followed the Chiefs knows that the Raiders are the hated rival. I can't understand any Chiefs fan wanting them to ever win a game. Anytime Aqua Lung Al and his band of Raiders get beat it's a great day for the Chiefs. Grbac did bad mouth the Chiefs so for him to be knocked out of the game before the Ravens beat them wouldn't be bad either.

Raiderhader
05-15-2001, 09:06 PM
TK,
I wasn't taking offense or anything, just kinda laughin' along.

Frazod
05-15-2001, 09:09 PM
TK, are you implying that I'm a bit windy? :D

DanT
05-15-2001, 11:26 PM
Damn right. F*ck the Raiders!

BCD
05-16-2001, 02:03 AM
Well, I`m not rooting for the Raiders. I liked Gannon when he was here - hes a Raider now. I wouldn`t piss on him if he were on fire!

47mack
05-16-2001, 03:30 AM
I don't really like either, but I would go with Gannon. He is a much better leader and from what I see, a better QB.

milkman
05-16-2001, 05:19 AM
My mother, 2 brothers, favorite uncle, and all my friends could be playing for the TRaiders and I still wouldn't root for them.
If they're TRaiders they are the most hated enemy.

Katie
05-16-2001, 05:59 AM
This should not be a personal issue... the Ravens are not in our division, Raiders are...if you're a Chiefs fan you have to go against the Raiders at all costs!

By the way, even the few Raiders fans here in Cinti are rude and obnoxious, proving that you can take a Raider out of Oakland but... you can't take the Oakland attitude out of a Raider...

47mack
05-16-2001, 06:05 AM
I wouldn't cheer for the Raiders or Ravens, just Gannon over Grbac. Wasn't that the question? It could be interpreted either way.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
05-16-2001, 10:17 AM
I would certainly root against the Raiders. I think I'd be disowned by my family if they EVER caught me rooting for the Raiders, unless a Raider win would materially assist the Chiefs in securing a playoff spot, and then only grudgingly.

I have been a fan of Elvis's even when he was with the 49'ers. Therefore, living in Baltimore, I can continue to enjoy watching him. If he'd gone to one of the AFC West rivals, he'd have ranked up there with ST. Rich as far as being #1 on my "hit parade" for the D-line :D

As I've said before, if the Chiefs were to go 2-14, but both wins were against Oakland, it's a successful season in my book ;)

NaptownChief
05-16-2001, 10:30 AM
The ideal situation would be that Grbac played so poorly that he was benched in favor of Chris Redmon, then Redmon would come on and destroy the Raiders....

NaptownChief
05-16-2001, 10:34 AM
test

Gaz
05-16-2001, 11:24 AM
AFC West or AFC Central?

The hated, despised eternal nemesis Silver and Black or the Johnny-come-lately Ravens?

A bitter rival or a team we do not even play this season?

Is this a trick question?

xoxo~
Gaz
Fails to see the issue here.

MrBlond
05-16-2001, 11:35 AM
I would root for my mother-in-law to beat the Raiders. I wouldnt cry if she was sacked a couple of times though as long as the Silver and Black lost in the end.

Phobia
05-16-2001, 11:59 AM
The only reason I'm voting is so I can see the results....

I'm going to vote with the Raiders. I HATE to see any team other than KC repeat and if the Raiders had to knock the Ravens out of the playoffs, I'm all for it. However, had the Ravens lost to the Giants, I'd vote for them despite Grbac.

58Forever
05-16-2001, 12:07 PM
Are you ****ing kidding me?...I root for neither and hope both tear their ACL in the first pre-season game...:mad:

Pitt Gorilla
05-16-2001, 12:54 PM
This may have already been posted, but I'd root for Goose to fall on BOTH QB's!

47mack
05-17-2001, 04:13 AM

LMAO

I just now noticed your signature. That is the funniest thing I have seen in a long time.

Mark M
05-17-2001, 10:43 AM
I vote for a tie.

Having lived in KC for most of my life, I have to hate the Raiders.

Having lived near Baltimore for almost a year, I hate the Ravens.

MM
~~Torn

Cannibal
05-17-2001, 11:19 AM
Gannon left because he was a free agent and wanted to be a starter... can't fault him for that.

Girlbac left because she "wasn't comfortable with her fellow players and the fans". And her teammates didn't show up to her Xmas party. :rolleyes:

She's a fuggin c()nt... always was and always will be!